Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: Dragon Breed Development
1 2 ... 113 114 115 116 117 ... 158 159
[quote]Since they don’t need to wear apparel, ancient breeds also allow us to break the “One head, four legs, two wings, one tail” template. For example, dragons like wyverns, multiple-headed dragons, drakes, and more![/quote] Like said, it will probably be disappointing for many, but I think this saves it! It might be interesting to allow double gene slots for these guys? [i](Tertiary 1, Tertiary 2... or an entirely separate qaurtenary?)[/i] To add a bit more variety given the restriction. If going the hypothetical 'double slots for a gene category' route, just let the player decide the 'layer' order if there aren't any factoring restrictions to that. If there were any plan of an annual event celebrating ancient breeds, perhaps there'd be a way for very limited apparel? As in, each breed could recieve one [i]breed-specific only[/i] piece of apparel. That way it would be a one-time thing-- no retroactive fitting, and only once a year. I'm no experienced developer, so maybe it sounds plausible, maybe it's eyeroll-worthy. Whatever goes, I'm HYPED regardless [emoji=pearlcatcher love]
Quote:
Since they don’t need to wear apparel, ancient breeds also allow us to break the “One head, four legs, two wings, one tail” template. For example, dragons like wyverns, multiple-headed dragons, drakes, and more!

Like said, it will probably be disappointing for many, but I think this saves it!

It might be interesting to allow double gene slots for these guys? (Tertiary 1, Tertiary 2... or an entirely separate qaurtenary?) To add a bit more variety given the restriction. If going the hypothetical 'double slots for a gene category' route, just let the player decide the 'layer' order if there aren't any factoring restrictions to that.

If there were any plan of an annual event celebrating ancient breeds, perhaps there'd be a way for very limited apparel? As in, each breed could recieve one breed-specific only piece of apparel. That way it would be a one-time thing-- no retroactive fitting, and only once a year.

I'm no experienced developer, so maybe it sounds plausible, maybe it's eyeroll-worthy. Whatever goes, I'm HYPED regardless
PAfw65w.png
Interesting update, it will be exciting to see all these new features you have in store for us!! Thank you for working so hard on Flight Rising, and please remember to take care of yourselves![emoji=familiar heart]
Interesting update, it will be exciting to see all these new features you have in store for us!! Thank you for working so hard on Flight Rising, and please remember to take care of yourselves!
The ancient dragons not being able to breed with other species is actually what I initially thought would be the breeding system I hoped the site would have when I first learned of it, I'm really excited for them to arrive! I personally really like the challenge of finding dragons in the breed you want for your projects.
The ancient dragons not being able to breed with other species is actually what I initially thought would be the breeding system I hoped the site would have when I first learned of it, I'm really excited for them to arrive! I personally really like the challenge of finding dragons in the breed you want for your projects.
opzM5wG.gifHW4lpxl.pngegg_fire_bouncy_by_dogi_crimson-dabjwuf.gif0wMky.gif2Pe6z.gif
Such cool stuff is coming out!! I can't wait for June to arrive <3
Such cool stuff is coming out!! I can't wait for June to arrive <3
[quote name="Sawkinator" date="2019-04-15 20:42:23" ] So... ancient breeds are to FR as unconverted pets are to Neopets? [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/emojis/433770507884691467.png[/img] [/quote] I can't wait to paperclip trade my way up for some ancient dragons. I better start my codestone training [i]STAT[/i]
Sawkinator wrote on 2019-04-15 20:42:23:
So... ancient breeds are to FR as unconverted pets are to Neopets?
433770507884691467.png

I can't wait to paperclip trade my way up for some ancient dragons.
I better start my codestone training STAT
Interesting update! I'm very excited to see the Ancient system and how it's going to turn out!
Interesting update! I'm very excited to see the Ancient system and how it's going to turn out!
I look forward to the new dragons
I look forward to the new dragons
v886aA7.png
So will ancient dragons have their own unhatched eggs? sorry if this has already been answered
So will ancient dragons have their own unhatched eggs? sorry if this has already been answered
Tnv9hAT.png JrZGMGx.png
mlHpBMC.png
1YB0OjO.png
5hF3FGk.png
YMPbu9R.png
I hadn't read much about Stormlight's Ethos regarding their employees- and by that i mean anything, and honestly- it's so refreshing to see!! you read a LOT in the game-space about employees being worked to the bone, or being EXPECTED to do overtime and not really being paid for it, and various stuff like that. Hopefully you'll be setting an example for other companies working on other games- both 'pet' games and non-pet games alike!!!

Also, on the actual update- SQUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
I'm still at that stage where apparel looks Weird, and i don't use it on a bunch of my dragons because a lot of stuff doesn't look Right, so i really don't mind there being dergs with no apparel at all!! and the chance at wyverns?? OR THE ANCIENT TUNDRAS MAYBE??? It's so exciting and i can't wait to see where it goes!!
(also, brilliant workaround to wanting to release more dragons!)
I hadn't read much about Stormlight's Ethos regarding their employees- and by that i mean anything, and honestly- it's so refreshing to see!! you read a LOT in the game-space about employees being worked to the bone, or being EXPECTED to do overtime and not really being paid for it, and various stuff like that. Hopefully you'll be setting an example for other companies working on other games- both 'pet' games and non-pet games alike!!!

Also, on the actual update- SQUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
I'm still at that stage where apparel looks Weird, and i don't use it on a bunch of my dragons because a lot of stuff doesn't look Right, so i really don't mind there being dergs with no apparel at all!! and the chance at wyverns?? OR THE ANCIENT TUNDRAS MAYBE??? It's so exciting and i can't wait to see where it goes!!
(also, brilliant workaround to wanting to release more dragons!)
OMG!!! I CAN'T WAIT!! I was on the phone to my boyfriend when I read this and kept laughing and calling me a dork because of my reaction. [emoji=pearlcatcher laughing] I am super excited for the ancient breeds!!
OMG!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!

I was on the phone to my boyfriend when I read this and kept laughing and calling me a dork because of my reaction.

I am super excited for the ancient breeds!!
tDeKDnH.png

1 2 ... 113 114 115 116 117 ... 158 159