Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Goat and Swirl Eye Types
1 2 ... 116 117 118 119 120 ... 122 123
[quote name="Planete" date="2019-03-28 02:23:56" ] [quote name="Apocalyptichorse" date="2019-03-27 10:59:16" ] To many of us we have dragons with sentimental value or developed a playstyle that involves no breeding what so ever (G1 collectors?), the way they implemented this is basically a huge slap in the face to everyone. [/quote] A lot of us have a very very different playstyle though? I came to this site for the genetic and random aspect, it's really what interest me, and if everything is unlockable if you slap enough money at it, i really don't see the point. There are other pet games with way less variety and randomness in the pets, a lot of stuff out there is perfect for "anti RNG people", but FR is a unique one in terms of genetics and breeding, because of the immense variety and relative lack of control. In general, there will always be constraints to the content we can get, and not only monetary, if like me you like cool IDs, there is no scatter vial for this. You can't get an old dragon you love a cool ID now. It does not shock me if other characteristics work in a similar way. What is the point of breeding at all if you can just customize your dragon as you see fit? It feels like some of you would be happy if there were gem items to pick colors and in general to remove every randomization, and i feel like dressing games and stuff would fit your playstyle more if breeding is not for you. Gen1 collectors are not interested in the central feature of the game, breeding, and i think your opinion matters very much as well, obviously, but it should not be the most important in a breeding game. The ones, like me, who do very very much enjoy breeding should matter a lot too. PS. I do realize i defend my experience of the game and i'm sad there probably won't be more mutations released because of the reception. I was so glad to find a pet game with cool genetics, but i know my interests are not super common, and that's why there are few games catered to me, but since FR is, i want to be vocal about what i love about it. I do understand that maybe the correct course for FR would be to push the customization/dressing game aspects, and tone down the genetics/randomization ones. But i still want my own interests to be part of the conversation [emoji=mirror winking] [/quote] No one is saying your playstyle isn't important though?? If anything that's what everyone is trying to say. All of us have different ways of playing and they're all valid. However with these latest updates it seems staff thinks otherwise. People have a variety of playstyles that prevents them from taking part in the eye updates, especially goat. G1 collectors, Old dragon collectors, Special ID dragons, Special day dragons, etc. Absolutely none of those people can get Goat or other eyes for their dragons and that's ridiculous. People can't breed those special dragons. People can't breed those G1s. Why are those peoples playstyles less than yours or mine? People want these new and cool eye types for their old dragons but they cannot get them. It's why so many are in support for bringing vials in for all eye types. People aren't trying to be lazy or want absolute control over everything, they just want the new eyes. I would love one of the types for my progens but they cant, and I can't have a new progen with the same colors, sex, and have the eyes i want while being a g1. How in any way is that fair? Don't get me wrong but how would vials prevent you from breeding? They would still be random from breeding so having vials would hurt no one? And i know how you feel. FR is a great game, it's very in depth anf fun and a lot more entertaining than any other pet game I've played. But it's for those reasons i want it to be successful and keep going. It does great in many aspects. But these recent updates aren't good steps in the right direction by preventing others to take part in them because of their playstyle. I love the idea of eye types, i really do, but their implementation is poor and limiting.
Planete wrote on 2019-03-28 02:23:56:
Apocalyptichorse wrote on 2019-03-27 10:59:16:
To many of us we have dragons with sentimental value or developed a playstyle that involves no breeding what so ever (G1 collectors?), the way they implemented this is basically a huge slap in the face to everyone.

A lot of us have a very very different playstyle though?
I came to this site for the genetic and random aspect, it's really what interest me, and if everything is unlockable if you slap enough money at it, i really don't see the point. There are other pet games with way less variety and randomness in the pets, a lot of stuff out there is perfect for "anti RNG people", but FR is a unique one in terms of genetics and breeding, because of the immense variety and relative lack of control.
In general, there will always be constraints to the content we can get, and not only monetary, if like me you like cool IDs, there is no scatter vial for this. You can't get an old dragon you love a cool ID now. It does not shock me if other characteristics work in a similar way.

What is the point of breeding at all if you can just customize your dragon as you see fit? It feels like some of you would be happy if there were gem items to pick colors and in general to remove every randomization, and i feel like dressing games and stuff would fit your playstyle more if breeding is not for you. Gen1 collectors are not interested in the central feature of the game, breeding, and i think your opinion matters very much as well, obviously, but it should not be the most important in a breeding game. The ones, like me, who do very very much enjoy breeding should matter a lot too.

PS. I do realize i defend my experience of the game and i'm sad there probably won't be more mutations released because of the reception. I was so glad to find a pet game with cool genetics, but i know my interests are not super common, and that's why there are few games catered to me, but since FR is, i want to be vocal about what i love about it. I do understand that maybe the correct course for FR would be to push the customization/dressing game aspects, and tone down the genetics/randomization ones. But i still want my own interests to be part of the conversation
No one is saying your playstyle isn't important though?? If anything that's what everyone is trying to say. All of us have different ways of playing and they're all valid. However with these latest updates it seems staff thinks otherwise.
People have a variety of playstyles that prevents them from taking part in the eye updates, especially goat.
G1 collectors, Old dragon collectors, Special ID dragons, Special day dragons, etc. Absolutely none of those people can get Goat or other eyes for their dragons and that's ridiculous. People can't breed those special dragons. People can't breed those G1s.
Why are those peoples playstyles less than yours or mine?

People want these new and cool eye types for their old dragons but they cannot get them. It's why so many are in support for bringing vials in for all eye types. People aren't trying to be lazy or want absolute control over everything, they just want the new eyes. I would love one of the types for my progens but they cant, and I can't have a new progen with the same colors, sex, and have the eyes i want while being a g1.
How in any way is that fair?

Don't get me wrong but how would vials prevent you from breeding? They would still be random from breeding so having vials would hurt no one?

And i know how you feel. FR is a great game, it's very in depth anf fun and a lot more entertaining than any other pet game I've played. But it's for those reasons i want it to be successful and keep going. It does great in many aspects.
But these recent updates aren't good steps in the right direction by preventing others to take part in them because of their playstyle.
I love the idea of eye types, i really do, but their implementation is poor and limiting.
~*My g1s for sale*~
She/Her
Baby bat goth
Chat with me anything Undertale/Deltarune
My avatar dragon (click)
Why would i be interested in breeding anymore, if i can just craft the dragon i want with other objects from the site? How can i bask in the joy of breeding a rare mutation if anyone can buy and apply it to any dragon? Yeah, vials would absolutely reduce the value of breeding. I mean it would probs be okay if the odds of having the rare eye types stays low, but it's also not what people are asking for, because when the vials were there, a lot of players were complaining about this as well. I'm sure most Gen1 collectors would rather have multi-gaze and primal vials, etc.

I'm interested in breeding only content, and some are interested in content being accessible to any dragon on site. Our wishes are incompatible, even if every opinion/playstyle is valid.

"Why are those peoples playstyles less than yours or mine?"
It's not, but your playstyle will be more listened to in the future, because i am almost certain the staff won't introduce other mutation types while it might have been a plan. Breeding only content will i'm sure stay limited to the eyes.
Why would i be interested in breeding anymore, if i can just craft the dragon i want with other objects from the site? How can i bask in the joy of breeding a rare mutation if anyone can buy and apply it to any dragon? Yeah, vials would absolutely reduce the value of breeding. I mean it would probs be okay if the odds of having the rare eye types stays low, but it's also not what people are asking for, because when the vials were there, a lot of players were complaining about this as well. I'm sure most Gen1 collectors would rather have multi-gaze and primal vials, etc.

I'm interested in breeding only content, and some are interested in content being accessible to any dragon on site. Our wishes are incompatible, even if every opinion/playstyle is valid.

"Why are those peoples playstyles less than yours or mine?"
It's not, but your playstyle will be more listened to in the future, because i am almost certain the staff won't introduce other mutation types while it might have been a plan. Breeding only content will i'm sure stay limited to the eyes.
[quote name="Planete" date="2019-03-28 06:40:33" ] I'm interested in breeding only content, and some are interested in content being accessible to any dragon on site. Our wishes are incompatible, even if every opinion/playstyle is valid. [/quote] Tbh what you're asking for seems a bit selfish to me. You're asking for FR to release content which is inaccessible for a group of players, while I am asking for content accessible to all playstyles. People have always remained excited about breeding even while genes and scatter scrolls existed. I'm not sure why continuing down that path suddenly makes it not exciting for you. If you'd really like to keep the rarity, then scattersights might be a reasonable compromise for us, as it would allow the difficulty and rarity to stay, while giving the rest of us at the very least a chance.
Planete wrote on 2019-03-28 06:40:33:

Tbh what you're asking for seems a bit selfish to me. You're asking for FR to release content which is inaccessible for a group of players, while I am asking for content accessible to all playstyles.

People have always remained excited about breeding even while genes and scatter scrolls existed. I'm not sure why continuing down that path suddenly makes it not exciting for you.

If you'd really like to keep the rarity, then scattersights might be a reasonable compromise for us, as it would allow the difficulty and rarity to stay, while giving the rest of us at the very least a chance.
Q9opeXe.png...8ydRw4n.png...o022-d01-L-Firtarian.pngo141-d02-Firtarian.pngo141-d03-Firtarian.pngo141-d04-Firtarian.pngs1-d2-Firtarian.pngs1-d14-Firtarian.pngs1-d16-Firtarian.pngs1-d4-Firtarian.png
[quote name="Planete" date="2019-03-28 06:40:33" ] Why would i be interested in breeding anymore, if i can just craft the dragon i want with other objects from the site? How can i bask in the joy of breeding a rare mutation if anyone can buy and apply it to any dragon? Yeah, vials would absolutely reduce the value of breeding. [/quote] In what way would it reduce the value of breeding? We have gene and breed scrolls and breeding isn't useless. Hatcheries are still very much a thing and there's quite a bit of them that are popular. If they aren't affecting the value of breeding than why would having eye vials have an effect? They can't be passed down. Yeah people do want vials for their old dragons. Maybe not EVERY single eye type but the massive ones should definitely be vials. Ok well why should i have to wait for an update to specifically address my playstyle and others? FR has always been a game that caters to [i]everyone regardless of playstyle.[/i] I don't think I've ever seen an update specifically catered to certain people. All the updates are for everyone and if you didn't like it, well it was optional. I don't get an option here. I'm completely left out of this update. My dragons are left out of this update. Other people are left out of this update. It isn't a fair thing to completely isolate a part of the community like. And you do know that if staff does bother to listen to my playstyle type and the others i mentioned they'd have to make an eye vial for the existing types right? A lot of people are still pretty mad about dragons being left out of the first eye update on the anniversary and this one, the only way that would make them all happy would be to bring back the scatter vials or make new eye vials. Edit: Firtarian put it a bit better than me god i can't argue decent enough
Planete wrote on 2019-03-28 06:40:33:
Why would i be interested in breeding anymore, if i can just craft the dragon i want with other objects from the site? How can i bask in the joy of breeding a rare mutation if anyone can buy and apply it to any dragon? Yeah, vials would absolutely reduce the value of breeding.
In what way would it reduce the value of breeding? We have gene and breed scrolls and breeding isn't useless. Hatcheries are still very much a thing and there's quite a bit of them that are popular. If they aren't affecting the value of breeding than why would having eye vials have an effect? They can't be passed down.

Yeah people do want vials for their old dragons. Maybe not EVERY single eye type but the massive ones should definitely be vials.

Ok well why should i have to wait for an update to specifically address my playstyle and others? FR has always been a game that caters to everyone regardless of playstyle. I don't think I've ever seen an update specifically catered to certain people. All the updates are for everyone and if you didn't like it, well it was optional. I don't get an option here. I'm completely left out of this update. My dragons are left out of this update. Other people are left out of this update.
It isn't a fair thing to completely isolate a part of the community like.

And you do know that if staff does bother to listen to my playstyle type and the others i mentioned they'd have to make an eye vial for the existing types right?
A lot of people are still pretty mad about dragons being left out of the first eye update on the anniversary and this one, the only way that would make them all happy would be to bring back the scatter vials or make new eye vials.

Edit: Firtarian put it a bit better than me god i can't argue decent enough
~*My g1s for sale*~
She/Her
Baby bat goth
Chat with me anything Undertale/Deltarune
My avatar dragon (click)
Well yeah, we are talking theoretically about what would be the best FR experience for us in terms of features and the way they work, it is super selfish, i won't deny that. [quote name="Firtarian" date="2019-03-28 06:55:04" ] while I am asking for content accessible to all playstyles. [/quote] Content is accessible to all playstyles, gen1 can have eye mutations, you'd have to exclusively be an old dragon collector for it to be true. Maybe i was not clear enough, but in my ideal FR experience you could breed a dragon with less or more limbs than the original models, or breed an Imp with longer horns suddenly, and a variety of other mutations, maybe mutation-only genes, etc. Having it be breeding only makes it an exciting feature, with different rules than even genes and colors, adding variety and giving more value to new dragons in the auction house, etc. I loved that concept when eye type was released, it fitted my wishes. Those are incompatible with other people's. Compromises are possible, but people who'd like to buy a primal eye vial for 1000g or whatever, would "break" the mutation's concept. Game-wise, economy-wise and even lore-wise it changes things.
Well yeah, we are talking theoretically about what would be the best FR experience for us in terms of features and the way they work, it is super selfish, i won't deny that.
Firtarian wrote on 2019-03-28 06:55:04:
while I am asking for content accessible to all playstyles.
Content is accessible to all playstyles, gen1 can have eye mutations, you'd have to exclusively be an old dragon collector for it to be true.

Maybe i was not clear enough, but in my ideal FR experience you could breed a dragon with less or more limbs than the original models, or breed an Imp with longer horns suddenly, and a variety of other mutations, maybe mutation-only genes, etc. Having it be breeding only makes it an exciting feature, with different rules than even genes and colors, adding variety and giving more value to new dragons in the auction house, etc. I loved that concept when eye type was released, it fitted my wishes. Those are incompatible with other people's. Compromises are possible, but people who'd like to buy a primal eye vial for 1000g or whatever, would "break" the mutation's concept. Game-wise, economy-wise and even lore-wise it changes things.
[quote name="Planete" date="2019-03-28 07:24:21" ] Content is accessible to all playstyles, gen1 can have eye mutations, you'd have to exclusively be an old dragon collector for it to be true. [/quote] You just listed a playstyle to which the new content is in accessible. I myself rarely breed because I don’t have the space, and while the HD aliviates that somewhat, it’s still an issue for people who are attached to any of the 50 mil dragons born before the goat update, and future updates...
Planete wrote on 2019-03-28 07:24:21:
Content is accessible to all playstyles, gen1 can have eye mutations, you'd have to exclusively be an old dragon collector for it to be true.
You just listed a playstyle to which the new content is in accessible. I myself rarely breed because I don’t have the space, and while the HD aliviates that somewhat, it’s still an issue for people who are attached to any of the 50 mil dragons born before the goat update, and future updates...
Q9opeXe.png...8ydRw4n.png...o022-d01-L-Firtarian.pngo141-d02-Firtarian.pngo141-d03-Firtarian.pngo141-d04-Firtarian.pngs1-d2-Firtarian.pngs1-d14-Firtarian.pngs1-d16-Firtarian.pngs1-d4-Firtarian.png
Can I just say, though I love the swirl eyes, having them drop in the coli so frequently makes them almost worthless. I can go on the AH right now and buy 10 for around 100kt. I know theres a lot of dragons on this site but I kinda wish swirl was like dark sclera; it can only be made by a high level cauldron OR the drop rates in the coli werent so high. I have 8 or 9 vials in my hoard that dropped the first few days. Still, maybe my opinion on that isn't popular? I'm still pretty new to the game so I cant speak for anyone but myself.

I also agree with the people saying that the swirl and goat don't look noticeable on most adult dragons. It's so sad because I like these eye types but whats the point if you cant even tell your dragon has them?

Edit: I see that in the post it said "chances are boosted" but I still think maaaybe it's boosted a bit too much.
Can I just say, though I love the swirl eyes, having them drop in the coli so frequently makes them almost worthless. I can go on the AH right now and buy 10 for around 100kt. I know theres a lot of dragons on this site but I kinda wish swirl was like dark sclera; it can only be made by a high level cauldron OR the drop rates in the coli werent so high. I have 8 or 9 vials in my hoard that dropped the first few days. Still, maybe my opinion on that isn't popular? I'm still pretty new to the game so I cant speak for anyone but myself.

I also agree with the people saying that the swirl and goat don't look noticeable on most adult dragons. It's so sad because I like these eye types but whats the point if you cant even tell your dragon has them?

Edit: I see that in the post it said "chances are boosted" but I still think maaaybe it's boosted a bit too much.
[quote name="Nekokitty813" date="2019-03-28 07:49:30" ] Can I just say, though I love the swirl eyes, having them drop in the coli so frequently makes them almost worthless. I can go on the AH right now and buy 10 for around 100kt. I know theres a lot of dragons on this site but I kinda wish swirl was like dark sclera; it can only be made by a high level cauldron OR the drop rates in the coli werent so high. I have 8 or 9 vials in my hoard that dropped the first few days. Still, maybe my opinion on that isn't popular? I'm still pretty new to the game so I cant speak for anyone but myself. I also agree with the people saying that the swirl and goat don't look noticeable on most adult dragons. It's so sad because I like these eye types but whats the point if you cant even tell your dragon has them? Edit: I see that in the post it said "chances are boosted" but I still think maaaybe it's boosted a bit too much. [/quote] Wait until the boost is over then?
Nekokitty813 wrote on 2019-03-28 07:49:30:

Wait until the boost is over then?
Need a Dragon Bio? Check out my Lore Shop!
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.png
[quote]Compromises are possible, but people who'd like to buy a primal eye vial for 1000g or whatever, would "break" the mutation's concept. Game-wise, economy-wise and even lore-wise it changes things.[/quote] Wait, do you like the breeding-only thing or the fact that it's totally random? Because, besides the dragon's sex, before the eyes FR was never this random. Besides, I totally disagree that you can't bask in the value of a random breeding. I have a skydancer/mirror pair, and you can bet that I bask in the glory of [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46669257]every skydancer[/url] that pair produces. Because it's rare and random. And if you can't be happy with playing your own way while increased options exist for playstyles other than your own, that honestly doesn't seem like a good reason to limit the way others want to (and have always been able to) play. Because you're perfectly capable of playing your way even with additional options. Most of the game revolves around personal enjoyment of dragons you personally find pretty, anyway.
Quote:
Compromises are possible, but people who'd like to buy a primal eye vial for 1000g or whatever, would "break" the mutation's concept. Game-wise, economy-wise and even lore-wise it changes things.
Wait, do you like the breeding-only thing or the fact that it's totally random? Because, besides the dragon's sex, before the eyes FR was never this random.

Besides, I totally disagree that you can't bask in the value of a random breeding. I have a skydancer/mirror pair, and you can bet that I bask in the glory of every skydancer that pair produces. Because it's rare and random. And if you can't be happy with playing your own way while increased options exist for playstyles other than your own, that honestly doesn't seem like a good reason to limit the way others want to (and have always been able to) play. Because you're perfectly capable of playing your way even with additional options.

Most of the game revolves around personal enjoyment of dragons you personally find pretty, anyway.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
[quote]Do you like the breeding-only thing or the fact that it's totally random? Because, besides the dragon's sex, before the eyes FR was never this random.[/quote] I love both a lot. [LIST] [*]Random for the surprise, i would have loved FR going even more in that direction but understand that players who have breeding projects prefer to avoid "bad surprises". As a procedural generation and randomization "nerd" I want the surprises and the lack of control, but i get it. [*]Breeding-only for the variety in gameplay, and the extra-value accorded to breeders and young dragons, while now Gen1 and low-digits are the only dragons who are worth anything long-term. And my "hatch a nest a day" play style is not rewarding in game aside from the "fun" value i give it.[/LIST]
Quote:
Do you like the breeding-only thing or the fact that it's totally random? Because, besides the dragon's sex, before the eyes FR was never this random.

I love both a lot.
  • Random for the surprise, i would have loved FR going even more in that direction but understand that players who have breeding projects prefer to avoid "bad surprises". As a procedural generation and randomization "nerd" I want the surprises and the lack of control, but i get it.
  • Breeding-only for the variety in gameplay, and the extra-value accorded to breeders and young dragons, while now Gen1 and low-digits are the only dragons who are worth anything long-term. And my "hatch a nest a day" play style is not rewarding in game aside from the "fun" value i give it.
1 2 ... 116 117 118 119 120 ... 122 123