Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Goat and Swirl Eye Types
1 2 ... 115 116 117 118 119 ... 122 123
This is a cool concept and looks amazing on hatchlings, but...on adults, their eyes are usually too small for these traits to be that visible. :(
This is a cool concept and looks amazing on hatchlings, but...on adults, their eyes are usually too small for these traits to be that visible. :(
not loving how every dragon born before this update will never be able to have goat eyes
yall could make a lot of profit by making more eye type vials and/or making scattersight vials a gem item but it seems like youre dead-set on this Really Frustrating approach
not loving how every dragon born before this update will never be able to have goat eyes
yall could make a lot of profit by making more eye type vials and/or making scattersight vials a gem item but it seems like youre dead-set on this Really Frustrating approach
love the new eye types but its a shame that one cant really see them well on adult dragons,,
love the new eye types but its a shame that one cant really see them well on adult dragons,,
• rena
• he/she
• artist
• +9 fr time
he eepy (personal piece commissioned from Tei)
tn0RSo5.pngtyEuRXe.pngDoQJ9XF.pngaswleyP.png
Ut9RRot.png2uDcdCS.png
8GgdVkW.png
[quote name="Pulse" date="2019-03-26 06:54:49" ] I like the idea of mutations only available at birth too. It gives something to work towards and a bit more excitement to hatching. I love this site but if you're not creative or into collecting familiars, gen1s, dom etc you run out of things to log in for. Getting your dream dragons as non gen 1 is really easy especially if you shell out RL cash. [/quote] Clearly you’ve never had a years long breeding project. Dream dragons definitely still take time and effort if you’re not looking for a common color combination, and no amount or irl cash can make dragons exist which are close to the colors you want. Yeah gems can help you if there’s an expensive dragon that’s close, but for the majority of my problems it wasn’t a currency cost but a time cost. I don’t really see how eye types add something to log in for, as breeding them on purpose is not possible, which makes the added “challenge” of them totally irrelevant. It’s not about finding the right dragons anymore, it’s about dumb luck and having to wait double or triple the time to get what you’re looking for....
Pulse wrote on 2019-03-26 06:54:49:
I like the idea of mutations only available at birth too. It gives something to work towards and a bit more excitement to hatching. I love this site but if you're not creative or into collecting familiars, gen1s, dom etc you run out of things to log in for. Getting your dream dragons as non gen 1 is really easy especially if you shell out RL cash.

Clearly you’ve never had a years long breeding project. Dream dragons definitely still take time and effort if you’re not looking for a common color combination, and no amount or irl cash can make dragons exist which are close to the colors you want. Yeah gems can help you if there’s an expensive dragon that’s close, but for the majority of my problems it wasn’t a currency cost but a time cost.

I don’t really see how eye types add something to log in for, as breeding them on purpose is not possible, which makes the added “challenge” of them totally irrelevant. It’s not about finding the right dragons anymore, it’s about dumb luck and having to wait double or triple the time to get what you’re looking for....
Q9opeXe.png...8ydRw4n.png...o022-d01-L-Firtarian.pngo141-d02-Firtarian.pngo141-d03-Firtarian.pngo141-d04-Firtarian.pngs1-d2-Firtarian.pngs1-d14-Firtarian.pngs1-d16-Firtarian.pngs1-d4-Firtarian.png
I made a post with a survey about the new eyes types for fun. Here it is in case anyone wants to take it or just look at the results. :)
I made a post with a survey about the new eyes types for fun. Here it is in case anyone wants to take it or just look at the results. :)
I have the perfect dragon for goat eyes

OH WAIT

I have the perfect dragon for goat eyes

OH WAIT

DVcXRyP.png
[quote name="Planete" date="2019-03-26 03:04:43" ] [quote name="PrismDragonfly" date="2019-03-25 14:41:01" ] Entire site: We want scattersight vials in the marketplace, to apply to our pre-existing dragons. FR Staff: No. [/quote] But it's really not the entire site though. I understand people's frustration for those who want old dragons to have access to every piece of new content, but it's not universal. I, and I am sure others do too, love the idea of mutations at birth. I am disappointed there is such a vocal anger towards the concept, because i would have loved to see this concept expanded. Eye details are almost indiscernible on most adult dragons, so it could have been a test from the team for the mutation concept. I guess it failed but excitement about what breeding is going to get you, for me it beats a thousand times the possibility of giving goat eye to an old dragon when i'd have to squint to see the difference at all. And I don't see the problem with having new dragons being more evolved than the ancient ones, there is a charm to it too, we have enough lair space these days to keep our old ones and getting excited about mutations for the younger ones. For instance, i did not scatter every one of my old dragons after the color wheel update, and as much as i love the new colors, i like having my vintage dragons with those old classic colors like obsidian, coral and stone... [/quote] A huge appeal to this game is that we are able to customize our dragons gene plans for my dragons 3 years ago were different compared to now because they gave us genes that made me go like "hey this gene fits so much better on my dragon!" Same goes for these eyes really, I'd LOVE to have multi eye on my progen, he'd look great with it, but the issue is I can't replace him. And sure a different eye type might come along that would look better on him but then I literally have to pray it's not a breed only eye type because then I'm just shit out of luck. I can't re-breed my progen, that's literally impossible. Having random mutations was a suggestion that was shot down time and time again because people did not like having any control over what they breed. Many of us really think this is a wonderful addition to the site but we just dislike how they implemented it. This doesn't only negatively affect old players but new players as well. Progens come with common eyes, what if a newbie wants goat eyes on their progen? Well to bad, they can't. To many of us we have dragons with sentimental value or developed a playstyle that involves no breeding what so ever (G1 collectors?), the way they implemented this is basically a huge slap in the face to everyone. Also given how the RNG works, it could literally take YEARS to obtain the dragon you want to get. I get breeding is a huge part of the game, but years is way to ridiculous don't you think? To quote another post for a moment "If my goals are unattainable then what is the point?" And now they have done this, what makes you think they might not add breed only genes into the mix? Or breed only breeds? And the solution to this is SO simple, either give us individual eye vials for ALL eye types or unretire scatter vials and add all natural eye types to it. That is literally all it takes to make people happy, well also legacy vials for those who liked the old art better but that is a different thing
Planete wrote on 2019-03-26 03:04:43:
PrismDragonfly wrote on 2019-03-25 14:41:01:
Entire site: We want scattersight vials in the marketplace, to apply to our pre-existing dragons.

FR Staff: No.

But it's really not the entire site though.
I understand people's frustration for those who want old dragons to have access to every piece of new content, but it's not universal.

I, and I am sure others do too, love the idea of mutations at birth. I am disappointed there is such a vocal anger towards the concept, because i would have loved to see this concept expanded. Eye details are almost indiscernible on most adult dragons, so it could have been a test from the team for the mutation concept.
I guess it failed but excitement about what breeding is going to get you, for me it beats a thousand times the possibility of giving goat eye to an old dragon when i'd have to squint to see the difference at all.

And I don't see the problem with having new dragons being more evolved than the ancient ones, there is a charm to it too, we have enough lair space these days to keep our old ones and getting excited about mutations for the younger ones.
For instance, i did not scatter every one of my old dragons after the color wheel update, and as much as i love the new colors, i like having my vintage dragons with those old classic colors like obsidian, coral and stone...

A huge appeal to this game is that we are able to customize our dragons

gene plans for my dragons 3 years ago were different compared to now because they gave us genes that made me go like "hey this gene fits so much better on my dragon!" Same goes for these eyes really, I'd LOVE to have multi eye on my progen, he'd look great with it, but the issue is I can't replace him. And sure a different eye type might come along that would look better on him but then I literally have to pray it's not a breed only eye type because then I'm just **** out of luck. I can't re-breed my progen, that's literally impossible.

Having random mutations was a suggestion that was shot down time and time again because people did not like having any control over what they breed.

Many of us really think this is a wonderful addition to the site but we just dislike how they implemented it. This doesn't only negatively affect old players but new players as well. Progens come with common eyes, what if a newbie wants goat eyes on their progen? Well to bad, they can't.

To many of us we have dragons with sentimental value or developed a playstyle that involves no breeding what so ever (G1 collectors?), the way they implemented this is basically a huge slap in the face to everyone.

Also given how the RNG works, it could literally take YEARS to obtain the dragon you want to get. I get breeding is a huge part of the game, but years is way to ridiculous don't you think? To quote another post for a moment "If my goals are unattainable then what is the point?"

And now they have done this, what makes you think they might not add breed only genes into the mix? Or breed only breeds?

And the solution to this is SO simple, either give us individual eye vials for ALL eye types or unretire scatter vials and add all natural eye types to it. That is literally all it takes to make people happy, well also legacy vials for those who liked the old art better but that is a different thing

DVcXRyP.png
I really love these new traits but I find them difficult to enjoy when most of the adult dragon models have such small eyes it's difficult to really tell much of a difference. :( There's a few exceptions, like male spirals, but 90% have extremely small eyes.
I really love these new traits but I find them difficult to enjoy when most of the adult dragon models have such small eyes it's difficult to really tell much of a difference. :( There's a few exceptions, like male spirals, but 90% have extremely small eyes.
On an unrelated note, I'd suggest for the next time a coli vial is released, perhaps don't make the drop rates quite this high. Even if Swirl eye vials fall to a twentieth of their current drop rate, it's going to take years for them to be worth any appreciable amount. While certain eye types will have higher demands than others, and something like Swirl is going to be more niche than Dark Sclera or Glowing by default - I'd rather avoid situations like Smirch, where something meant to be a bonus drop becomes entirely ho-hum because the game just generates too many of them relative to demand. Python and Morph were handled better, in my opinion (and yeah, their prices are starting to tank, but they had a good, long run - they had a good balance between being a fairly rare drop and a fairly desirable gene.)
On an unrelated note, I'd suggest for the next time a coli vial is released, perhaps don't make the drop rates quite this high. Even if Swirl eye vials fall to a twentieth of their current drop rate, it's going to take years for them to be worth any appreciable amount. While certain eye types will have higher demands than others, and something like Swirl is going to be more niche than Dark Sclera or Glowing by default - I'd rather avoid situations like Smirch, where something meant to be a bonus drop becomes entirely ho-hum because the game just generates too many of them relative to demand. Python and Morph were handled better, in my opinion (and yeah, their prices are starting to tank, but they had a good, long run - they had a good balance between being a fairly rare drop and a fairly desirable gene.)
tumblr_inline_omxl63fueX1s9ucgw_500.gif
XPDxt22.png
[quote name="Apocalyptichorse" date="2019-03-27 10:59:16" ] To many of us we have dragons with sentimental value or developed a playstyle that involves no breeding what so ever (G1 collectors?), the way they implemented this is basically a huge slap in the face to everyone. [/quote] A lot of us have a very very different playstyle though? I came to this site for the genetic and random aspect, it's really what interest me, and if everything is unlockable if you slap enough money at it, i really don't see the point. There are other pet games with way less variety and randomness in the pets, a lot of stuff out there is perfect for "anti RNG people", but FR is a unique one in terms of genetics and breeding, because of the immense variety and relative lack of control. In general, there will always be constraints to the content we can get, and not only monetary, if like me you like cool IDs, there is no scatter vial for this. You can't get an old dragon you love a cool ID now. It does not shock me if other characteristics work in a similar way. What is the point of breeding at all if you can just customize your dragon as you see fit? It feels like some of you would be happy if there were gem items to pick colors and in general to remove every randomization, and i feel like dressing games and stuff would fit your playstyle more if breeding is not for you. Gen1 collectors are not interested in the central feature of the game, breeding, and i think your opinion matters very much as well, obviously, but it should not be the most important in a breeding game. The ones, like me, who do very very much enjoy breeding should matter a lot too. PS. I do realize i defend my experience of the game and i'm sad there probably won't be more mutations released because of the reception. I was so glad to find a pet game with cool genetics, but i know my interests are not super common, and that's why there are few games catered to me, but since FR is, i want to be vocal about what i love about it. I do understand that maybe the correct course for FR would be to push the customization/dressing game aspects, and tone down the genetics/randomization ones. But i still want my own interests to be part of the conversation [emoji=mirror winking]
Apocalyptichorse wrote on 2019-03-27 10:59:16:
To many of us we have dragons with sentimental value or developed a playstyle that involves no breeding what so ever (G1 collectors?), the way they implemented this is basically a huge slap in the face to everyone.

A lot of us have a very very different playstyle though?
I came to this site for the genetic and random aspect, it's really what interest me, and if everything is unlockable if you slap enough money at it, i really don't see the point. There are other pet games with way less variety and randomness in the pets, a lot of stuff out there is perfect for "anti RNG people", but FR is a unique one in terms of genetics and breeding, because of the immense variety and relative lack of control.
In general, there will always be constraints to the content we can get, and not only monetary, if like me you like cool IDs, there is no scatter vial for this. You can't get an old dragon you love a cool ID now. It does not shock me if other characteristics work in a similar way.

What is the point of breeding at all if you can just customize your dragon as you see fit? It feels like some of you would be happy if there were gem items to pick colors and in general to remove every randomization, and i feel like dressing games and stuff would fit your playstyle more if breeding is not for you. Gen1 collectors are not interested in the central feature of the game, breeding, and i think your opinion matters very much as well, obviously, but it should not be the most important in a breeding game. The ones, like me, who do very very much enjoy breeding should matter a lot too.

PS. I do realize i defend my experience of the game and i'm sad there probably won't be more mutations released because of the reception. I was so glad to find a pet game with cool genetics, but i know my interests are not super common, and that's why there are few games catered to me, but since FR is, i want to be vocal about what i love about it. I do understand that maybe the correct course for FR would be to push the customization/dressing game aspects, and tone down the genetics/randomization ones. But i still want my own interests to be part of the conversation
1 2 ... 115 116 117 118 119 ... 122 123