Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | 5th Anniversary Celebration
1 2 ... 299 300 301 302 303 304 305
I feel so bad for the staff. This was a great announcement for them, the 5th anniversary for their own game. Their baby. I hope they don't remember the 5th anniversary as a sour day.
I feel so bad for the staff. This was a great announcement for them, the 5th anniversary for their own game. Their baby. I hope they don't remember the 5th anniversary as a sour day.
tumblr_inline_pafumapXAW1r16a5d_540.png tumblr_paeahswwr21r45983o8_100.png
[quote name="dggeoff" date="2018-06-10 17:24:52" ] @Veja It's rude that you're implying that I meant people can't express their opinions. Like I said, you do you. [/quote] I'm done arguing, but your response here doesn't answer my question "how is that rude". :)
dggeoff wrote on 2018-06-10 17:24:52:
@Veja
It's rude that you're implying that I meant people can't express their opinions.
Like I said, you do you.

I'm done arguing, but your response here doesn't answer my question "how is that rude". :)

9WDL0iL.png
@veja @dggeoff please take it to PMs, your argument is off topic
@veja @dggeoff please take it to PMs, your argument is off topic
Small badge for 'Cryptkeepers' subspeciesSmall badge reading 'DWF' for the Dragonwish FoundationSmall badge for 'Living Globes' subspeciesSmall badge for 'Solar System' hatchery"Small
@veja
stop bein a dillhole lol
@veja
stop bein a dillhole lol
@Veja
Yes, this is the exact reason why I didn't want to post here.
This will be my last response as well. I hope you treat others more fairly on here than me!
@Veja
Yes, this is the exact reason why I didn't want to post here.
This will be my last response as well. I hope you treat others more fairly on here than me!
I just wanted to go ahead and say kudos to staff for an incredible update. I know there's a lot of very...heated opinions about this particular anniversary celebration, and I'm noticing mostly negative feedback, so, I thought I'd interject with some positive. I personally love this new feature, and have been waiting for a random genetic mutation type of feature to be implemented. This is an amazing way to celebrate five great years, and I am looking forward to all of the teased additions to come. Thank you again, staff!
I just wanted to go ahead and say kudos to staff for an incredible update. I know there's a lot of very...heated opinions about this particular anniversary celebration, and I'm noticing mostly negative feedback, so, I thought I'd interject with some positive. I personally love this new feature, and have been waiting for a random genetic mutation type of feature to be implemented. This is an amazing way to celebrate five great years, and I am looking forward to all of the teased additions to come. Thank you again, staff!
tumblr_ochg4uDlB11us53xfo7_r1_500.png
One or two of my dragons have changed quite dramatically (mostly this girl - the more yellow/pale colour of the old wind eyes matched her colours a lot better, and she is a gen 1 so it's not something I can fix by just "breeding a replacement" ) and I am kinda sad about that, but it's nothing a little bit of apparel can't fix. That being said, the update has actually helped another one of my dragons whose common earth eyes didn't really match with his desaturated colours too well.

Over all, I think that while the update was good in theory, there are a few issues (I don't do much breeding but can see how the randomness could mess with some people) and I understand that people have problems with the vials being retired after so short a time.

However, I also think that the staff must have other stuff planned! They never said that these eye types will always be all there is, who knows, we might get new eye vials in festivals (it'd be the perfect time, since you'd think that elemental magic would be at its strongest during a festival) or in other site events, I think that while this update may mess up a few dragons right now, surely its nothing we can't all adapt to, and look forward to seeing other possibilities!
One or two of my dragons have changed quite dramatically (mostly this girl - the more yellow/pale colour of the old wind eyes matched her colours a lot better, and she is a gen 1 so it's not something I can fix by just "breeding a replacement" ) and I am kinda sad about that, but it's nothing a little bit of apparel can't fix. That being said, the update has actually helped another one of my dragons whose common earth eyes didn't really match with his desaturated colours too well.

Over all, I think that while the update was good in theory, there are a few issues (I don't do much breeding but can see how the randomness could mess with some people) and I understand that people have problems with the vials being retired after so short a time.

However, I also think that the staff must have other stuff planned! They never said that these eye types will always be all there is, who knows, we might get new eye vials in festivals (it'd be the perfect time, since you'd think that elemental magic would be at its strongest during a festival) or in other site events, I think that while this update may mess up a few dragons right now, surely its nothing we can't all adapt to, and look forward to seeing other possibilities!

@Ecci

bead-divider-big-100x12.png

YPz1UST.png
Tn9tG7j.png
15585.png light_3.png

Gen 1 lair
YA2CvXh.png

The Ecci are scholars who study artefacts found in the ruins.
RRcPYe6.png
Currently seeking allies!
I feel like being a passive one year player my opinion won't matter as much as some of the older players who have invested more time and/or money.

I do like the new eyes, but I feel the randomness combined with the retiring of the only item that can change them is incredibly odd. (Not to mention I haven't had the time to craft more, since I didn't realize until yesterday that the scroll was temporary. I just guessed with the nature of it that the scroll would be a more permanent thing).
At least have an item that would return eyes to the common color. It could be kinda like the renaming item.
I feel like being a passive one year player my opinion won't matter as much as some of the older players who have invested more time and/or money.

I do like the new eyes, but I feel the randomness combined with the retiring of the only item that can change them is incredibly odd. (Not to mention I haven't had the time to craft more, since I didn't realize until yesterday that the scroll was temporary. I just guessed with the nature of it that the scroll would be a more permanent thing).
At least have an item that would return eyes to the common color. It could be kinda like the renaming item.
[quote name="inklizard" date="2018-06-10 16:56:21" ] well it's.....more than a little distressing to see that the massive outcry for continued access to scatters a way to revert to common eyes has fallen on deaf ears. i hope the devs reconsider. the premise of this update is really great but its execution makes both the event and the new eyes as a whole completely unenjoyable. [/quote] I can't believe I'm the first to mention this, but doing stuff like this isn't at the push of a button. Drawing, designing, coding, and implementing a new item takes time. The devs could absolutely be discussing and maybe even planning to let us have Vials of Common Sight, but I don't think they will promise us something before they have talked to their artists, coders, and are sure they will be able to release it in a timely manner. I'm willing to wait a few days to see if they go back through this 300 page thread and put some fixes together. Most of these people have lives, and I know they /want/ to make us happy. But when you make a big change and have a divided userbase - you run risks making changes. It's not something they should rush into, even if it means players are miffed for a few days. If I want something fixed - I want a good solid patch, not a hasty one.
inklizard wrote on 2018-06-10 16:56:21:
well it's.....more than a little distressing to see that the massive outcry for

continued access to scatters
a way to revert to common eyes

has fallen on deaf ears.

i hope the devs reconsider. the premise of this update is really great but its execution makes both the event and the new eyes as a whole completely unenjoyable.

I can't believe I'm the first to mention this, but doing stuff like this isn't at the push of a button. Drawing, designing, coding, and implementing a new item takes time.

The devs could absolutely be discussing and maybe even planning to let us have Vials of Common Sight, but I don't think they will promise us something before they have talked to their artists, coders, and are sure they will be able to release it in a timely manner.

I'm willing to wait a few days to see if they go back through this 300 page thread and put some fixes together. Most of these people have lives, and I know they /want/ to make us happy. But when you make a big change and have a divided userbase - you run risks making changes. It's not something they should rush into, even if it means players are miffed for a few days.

If I want something fixed - I want a good solid patch, not a hasty one.
uWKmYMk.jpg sykEOD9.jpg
[quote name="ChancellorOButts" date="2018-06-10 17:32:17" ] @veja stop bein a dillhole lol [/quote] Name-calling. Nice. Either way, the staff are bound to do something soon, likely they'll decide to do a undo scroll, reverting it back to common. Pretty much no one who is mad now will be happy until they make some kind of change.
ChancellorOButts wrote on 2018-06-10 17:32:17:
@veja
stop bein a dillhole lol

Name-calling. Nice.

Either way, the staff are bound to do something soon, likely they'll decide to do a undo scroll, reverting it back to common. Pretty much no one who is mad now will be happy until they make some kind of change.
9WDL0iL.png
1 2 ... 299 300 301 302 303 304 305