Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | 5th Anniversary Celebration
1 2 ... 298 299 300 301 302 ... 304 305
They won't change the eyes now, I believe.
It's best to just deal with their appearance!
@LunaSilverWolf (hope you don't mind my quoting this) [quote name="LunaSilverWolf" date="2018-06-08 00:30:06" ] My thoughts on Eyes™ On one hand EYES!!! On the other hand this is gonna screw up SO MANY BREEDING PROJECTS FOR PEOPLE. Like if someone was breeding for a certain color combo and the eye color was the Main Thing™ about said breeding project and they ended up getting one of the types of new eyes that ISN’T what they wanted/what works well with said breeding project, they would be understandably angry about it. I really, REALLY hope staff create an item to change the eyes back to normal as well because if not tbh I think it could be a BIG breaking point for the community as a whole. OR don’t retire the eye scatter vials but instead change the drop rate to ridiculously rare and/or take away the brewing, AND make the common eyes an option if possible. Like if a dragon was born with Multi-eyes it could scatter back to common eyes. I think it could be added to the code that they can’t scatter to something it already has since from the sounds of it that’s sort of how it’s setup to begin with. Or maybe at least make them drop for a week since players may not have time to grind in two days for vials. These are just my thoughts about everything and I hope that my point get’s across without being too harsh. [/quote] as a player who relies on breeding/my hatchery for most if not all of my currency on this game (i won't go into the faulty economics, but bear with me), i completely agree that some of these eye types would range from an inconvenience to a disaster for my breeding pairs. i like the above idea of having an item to change eyes back to normal and especially keeping it at a low price since it really would screw over a lot of players on this site if they didn't have a sort of fail-safe feature to keep their hatchlings desirable. ----- on another note, i like the idea of a hibernal den for future updates, but i don't think that having a cooldown time for taking dragons out of it and putting them back in is really necessary. there's no real reason for making players wait any period of time to rearrange their dragons as desired; even if it cuts back on the need to gather as much food, that's not going to deter really anybody from continuing to play on this site because there's always pretty dragons people want to breed/buy and show off. i think it would be more beneficial not only to make extra tabs available by buying them, but also to make more space available in each tab by buying as well. i don't, however, recommend either of these purchases being at all gem-exclusive like the apparel slots are (i'm sure i'm not the only one who's a little miffed by that considering i'm not interested in gems for any other purpose and i especially refuse to use that many for one slot when i could redeem them for treasure in the exchange market in the forums). if anything i would suggest making it so that both gems [i]and[/i] treasure could be used to expand the hibernal den/s (and maybe applying that to apparel slots as well). not only would that make game play more convenient, but in doing so you could establish a static exchange rate between gems and treasure (e.g. since one apparel slot costs 50 gems or x amount of treasure, we can simplify that to 1 gem=x treasure) instead of leaving us to shrug our shoulders and guess what the exchange market is going to be like on any given day. in my experience it seems to fluctuate between 1g=700t at the lowest and 1g=1kt at the highest, so there's a big disparity in how players can expect to build their treasure/gems. but i digress. those are just my thoughts on the anniversary update.
@LunaSilverWolf (hope you don't mind my quoting this)
LunaSilverWolf wrote on 2018-06-08 00:30:06:
My thoughts on Eyes™

On one hand EYES!!!

On the other hand this is gonna screw up SO MANY BREEDING PROJECTS FOR PEOPLE.

Like if someone was breeding for a certain color combo and the eye color was the Main Thing™ about said breeding project and they ended up getting one of the types of new eyes that ISN’T what they wanted/what works well with said breeding project, they would be understandably angry about it.

I really, REALLY hope staff create an item to change the eyes back to normal as well because if not tbh I think it could be a BIG breaking point for the community as a whole.

OR don’t retire the eye scatter vials but instead change the drop rate to ridiculously rare and/or take away the brewing, AND make the common eyes an option if possible. Like if a dragon was born with Multi-eyes it could scatter back to common eyes. I think it could be added to the code that they can’t scatter to something it already has since from the sounds of it that’s sort of how it’s setup to begin with. Or maybe at least make them drop for a week since players may not have time to grind in two days for vials.

These are just my thoughts about everything and I hope that my point get’s across without being too harsh.

as a player who relies on breeding/my hatchery for most if not all of my currency on this game (i won't go into the faulty economics, but bear with me), i completely agree that some of these eye types would range from an inconvenience to a disaster for my breeding pairs. i like the above idea of having an item to change eyes back to normal and especially keeping it at a low price since it really would screw over a lot of players on this site if they didn't have a sort of fail-safe feature to keep their hatchlings desirable.
on another note, i like the idea of a hibernal den for future updates, but i don't think that having a cooldown time for taking dragons out of it and putting them back in is really necessary. there's no real reason for making players wait any period of time to rearrange their dragons as desired; even if it cuts back on the need to gather as much food, that's not going to deter really anybody from continuing to play on this site because there's always pretty dragons people want to breed/buy and show off.

i think it would be more beneficial not only to make extra tabs available by buying them, but also to make more space available in each tab by buying as well. i don't, however, recommend either of these purchases being at all gem-exclusive like the apparel slots are (i'm sure i'm not the only one who's a little miffed by that considering i'm not interested in gems for any other purpose and i especially refuse to use that many for one slot when i could redeem them for treasure in the exchange market in the forums). if anything i would suggest making it so that both gems and treasure could be used to expand the hibernal den/s (and maybe applying that to apparel slots as well).

not only would that make game play more convenient, but in doing so you could establish a static exchange rate between gems and treasure (e.g. since one apparel slot costs 50 gems or x amount of treasure, we can simplify that to 1 gem=x treasure) instead of leaving us to shrug our shoulders and guess what the exchange market is going to be like on any given day. in my experience it seems to fluctuate between 1g=700t at the lowest and 1g=1kt at the highest, so there's a big disparity in how players can expect to build their treasure/gems.

but i digress. those are just my thoughts on the anniversary update.
x1137.png
I N V I K T A

he/him | FR + 3

A R C A N E
arcane_1.png
T H E xxx S T A R B O U N D xxx C L A N

34816.png
[quote name="inklizard" date="2018-06-10 16:56:21" ] well it's.....more than a little distressing to see that the massive outcry for continued access to scatters a way to revert to common eyes has fallen on deaf ears. i hope the devs reconsider. the premise of this update is really great but its execution makes both the event and the new eyes as a whole completely unenjoyable. [/quote] They're probably not going to say anything more until they have a full, complete plan for how they're going to address feedback, and until they know how long it's going to take them. Giving incomplete information, or saying "we're working on a fix" (without being able to clarify yet what they mean by "fix") risks making it a lot worse.
inklizard wrote on 2018-06-10 16:56:21:
well it's.....more than a little distressing to see that the massive outcry for

continued access to scatters
a way to revert to common eyes

has fallen on deaf ears.

i hope the devs reconsider. the premise of this update is really great but its execution makes both the event and the new eyes as a whole completely unenjoyable.

They're probably not going to say anything more until they have a full, complete plan for how they're going to address feedback, and until they know how long it's going to take them. Giving incomplete information, or saying "we're working on a fix" (without being able to clarify yet what they mean by "fix") risks making it a lot worse.
[quote name="demonhatchet" date="2018-06-10 16:53:29" ] I just don't get not enjoying the potential for new dragons just because you cant make your old dragons exactly how you want. I mean you liked your dragons before, but now they are ruined for you bc you cant have certain eyes? If you really want a dragon with certain eyes you can breed it, just like any other dragon you want in this game .-. [/quote] [center][color=purple]@demonhatchet For me, personally, it's not that any of my dragons have been ruined because I can't get new eyes on them. I'm simply upset that my old dragons are essentially excluded from this. I have one dragon I wanted to change, and only two of the new eye types actually look good on him; Rare, and Primal. I wanted Primal, but I had to settle for Rare because the chances are abysmally low. It's not a bad update, but I have a 5 year old dragon I can't rebreed to get the right eyes because he's incredibly important to me. there are plenty of players who would love to enhance their current dragons with the new eyes, but can't because of 1) finicky RNG drop rates on vials and 2) terrible chances and RNG on the vial outcomes. These old dragons that we've invested time and effort and sometimes real money into, and the new feature really wasn't made with them in mind. Lore wise it makes sense, yes, but a good chunk of players are still going to find it incredibly disappointing when their old dragons can't be changed the way they would like. But that's just my 2 cents.[/color][/center]
demonhatchet wrote on 2018-06-10 16:53:29:
I just don't get not enjoying the potential for new dragons just because you cant make your old dragons exactly how you want. I mean you liked your dragons before, but now they are ruined for you bc you cant have certain eyes? If you really want a dragon with certain eyes you can breed it, just like any other dragon you want in this game .-.
@demonhatchet
For me, personally, it's not that any of my dragons have been ruined because I can't get new eyes on them. I'm simply upset that my old dragons are essentially excluded from this. I have one dragon I wanted to change, and only two of the new eye types actually look good on him; Rare, and Primal. I wanted Primal, but I had to settle for Rare because the chances are abysmally low.

It's not a bad update, but I have a 5 year old dragon I can't rebreed to get the right eyes because he's incredibly important to me. there are plenty of players who would love to enhance their current dragons with the new eyes, but can't because of 1) finicky RNG drop rates on vials and 2) terrible chances and RNG on the vial outcomes. These old dragons that we've invested time and effort and sometimes real money into, and the new feature really wasn't made with them in mind.

Lore wise it makes sense, yes, but a good chunk of players are still going to find it incredibly disappointing when their old dragons can't be changed the way they would like.

But that's just my 2 cents.
Demesne, s before n || Avatar || Dragon Sales || CrimQuest || Coli Grinder

A cropped image of the Hall of Armor Scene. There is a long hall lined with sets of armor modeled after Coatl dragons on the left and Guardian dragons on the right. Sunlight streams in from windows on the left side.
Please, we beg of you to not retire the vials of scattersight.

It's now a core mechanic and many of us like the dragons we have but still want to enjoy the new feature. That can't reasonably happen with some of the eyes if this consumable item retires. Why should we be forced to get rid of older dragons to replace with new ones purely because it's been made impossible to get the new eyes on older dragons (reasonably)? Please, we'll be happy with whatever method it is, even if it becomes slightly rarer than it is now: treasure mp, gem mp, rarer coli drop, festival item, spare inventory crate bonus, NotN, higher level baldwin recipe, anything. Just...something, please. Some people couldn't grind that much within the last few days and having something so valuable retire doesn't really make sense.
Please, we beg of you to not retire the vials of scattersight.

It's now a core mechanic and many of us like the dragons we have but still want to enjoy the new feature. That can't reasonably happen with some of the eyes if this consumable item retires. Why should we be forced to get rid of older dragons to replace with new ones purely because it's been made impossible to get the new eyes on older dragons (reasonably)? Please, we'll be happy with whatever method it is, even if it becomes slightly rarer than it is now: treasure mp, gem mp, rarer coli drop, festival item, spare inventory crate bonus, NotN, higher level baldwin recipe, anything. Just...something, please. Some people couldn't grind that much within the last few days and having something so valuable retire doesn't really make sense.
xxxxxx rLjqGXW.gif gWlopTc.gif
staff, may i just ask one simple question? just a little one.
why. i just want to know the reasoning behind this. behind the silence. behind the short timespan. staff you know what life is and can be like. if this is a way of showing how stressful something minimal can become, fantastic, you've definitely gotten your point across.
but just... what's your reasoning. why did this 5 year celebration present itself this way. i'm just confused and need some logic among all this chaos.
staff, may i just ask one simple question? just a little one.
why. i just want to know the reasoning behind this. behind the silence. behind the short timespan. staff you know what life is and can be like. if this is a way of showing how stressful something minimal can become, fantastic, you've definitely gotten your point across.
but just... what's your reasoning. why did this 5 year celebration present itself this way. i'm just confused and need some logic among all this chaos.
i need to redo my signature
casey/zoru - they/them
fr +3
mp100/spyxfamily/pokemon/loz/ace attorney
[quote name="dggeoff" date="2018-06-10 17:00:33" ] They won't change the eyes now, I believe. It's best to just deal with their appearance! [/quote] We are allowed to express our opinions on the new feature. Many of us are already "dealing with it". But it is important to show the admins that this is upsetting.
dggeoff wrote on 2018-06-10 17:00:33:

We are allowed to express our opinions on the new feature. Many of us are already "dealing with it". But it is important to show the admins that this is upsetting.
9WDL0iL.png
[center][img]https://s33.postimg.cc/ue8zfjibz/Screenshot_1.png[/img] At least I can see him perfect in the Scrying workshop :\
Screenshot_1.png

At least I can see him perfect in the Scrying workshop :\
@Veja
Feel free to ping me!
I'm not saying you're not allowed to express your opinion, please don't assume I am.
I'm only saying I can't see them changing the appearance of the eyes now due to people having already worked to get them.
Thank you!
@Veja
Feel free to ping me!
I'm not saying you're not allowed to express your opinion, please don't assume I am.
I'm only saying I can't see them changing the appearance of the eyes now due to people having already worked to get them.
Thank you!
To start positively, I love the idea of the new eye types. I had 4 nests nearly ready to hatch when the update hit, and even though they were just fodder nests, I was actually excited to see what would pop out. While some of the designs could use some work (like Multi-gaze, which seems to have odd white pixels on some dragons) overall I'm excited about the new possibilities that the update introduced. The bit about Hibernal Dens and lair tabs is incredibly exciting as well!

With that said, I find the way that the update was handled to be incredibly upsetting.

While I know that the decision to update art/colors/etc. is up to the staff, they've generally been very forthcoming about when something major was going to change, and given everyone time to adjust to the idea or to give feedback on it in some way. That was definitely not the case with the recent changes to the "common" eyes.

Not only have the colors changed (in certain instances quite a lot) but some of them have had features altered (such as F Bogsneak pupils or Tundra/PC sclera.) Even if some feel that they're small changes, they can completely change the look or the personality of a dragon for others.

As for the colors of the eyes themselves, the fact that they were changed (some quite obviously, like Plague, Light and Shadow) without even a mention until just a bit ago feels a bit like a slap in the face for established players. Not only because of the changes to dragons that have sometimes been around someone's lair for literal years, but also because quite a few people chose their flights based solely on the eye color. Some people used their free flight changes, and others have paid gems to change to flights with an eye color they preferred...except now that all the eyes have changed, who's to say that they'll still want to stay there at all? That's quite a lot of gems to pay for something that was completely out of your control, and which you had no warning about.

I'm not going to touch on the Scattersights, because I honestly haven't even had the desire to use the ones I've managed to get. It's sad that what could have been such an amazing event turned out to be such a bummer, but I'm glad that at least there was finally some kind of communication about the issues people have been having.
To start positively, I love the idea of the new eye types. I had 4 nests nearly ready to hatch when the update hit, and even though they were just fodder nests, I was actually excited to see what would pop out. While some of the designs could use some work (like Multi-gaze, which seems to have odd white pixels on some dragons) overall I'm excited about the new possibilities that the update introduced. The bit about Hibernal Dens and lair tabs is incredibly exciting as well!

With that said, I find the way that the update was handled to be incredibly upsetting.

While I know that the decision to update art/colors/etc. is up to the staff, they've generally been very forthcoming about when something major was going to change, and given everyone time to adjust to the idea or to give feedback on it in some way. That was definitely not the case with the recent changes to the "common" eyes.

Not only have the colors changed (in certain instances quite a lot) but some of them have had features altered (such as F Bogsneak pupils or Tundra/PC sclera.) Even if some feel that they're small changes, they can completely change the look or the personality of a dragon for others.

As for the colors of the eyes themselves, the fact that they were changed (some quite obviously, like Plague, Light and Shadow) without even a mention until just a bit ago feels a bit like a slap in the face for established players. Not only because of the changes to dragons that have sometimes been around someone's lair for literal years, but also because quite a few people chose their flights based solely on the eye color. Some people used their free flight changes, and others have paid gems to change to flights with an eye color they preferred...except now that all the eyes have changed, who's to say that they'll still want to stay there at all? That's quite a lot of gems to pay for something that was completely out of your control, and which you had no warning about.

I'm not going to touch on the Scattersights, because I honestly haven't even had the desire to use the ones I've managed to get. It's sad that what could have been such an amazing event turned out to be such a bummer, but I'm glad that at least there was finally some kind of communication about the issues people have been having.
HEEfBrK.png 6UvQBco.png WAOKY1a.png
1 2 ... 298 299 300 301 302 ... 304 305