Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | 5th Anniversary Celebration
1 2 ... 297 298 299 300 301 ... 304 305
[quote name="Veja" date="2018-06-10 16:14:23" ] [quote name="Mrgrimm150" date="2018-06-10 16:06:30" ] [quote name="Laluzi" date="2018-06-10 16:04:31" ] To me, the rationale for releasing and retiring the scattersights this way makes perfect sense (or at least internal consistency) - they don't want us changing the eyes of our dragons. The scatters exist so that older dragons can get in on this new feature. But otherwise it's not how they intend for the mechanic to work. [/quote] If that's the idea with the item then I'll be completely honest... It's an awful thing to have for the Anniversary event. "Happy five years. If you have a lot of perma dragons sucks to be you." [/quote] My thoughts exactly! This was not a good idea for an anniversary. It alienates older players more than anything. [/quote] I think it's awesome to get a whole new feature as an anniversary surprise, it's more than i was expecting. I just don't get not enjoying the potential for new dragons just because you cant make your old dragons exactly how you want. I mean you liked your dragons before, but now they are ruined for you bc you cant have certain eyes? If you really want a dragon with certain eyes you can breed it, just like any other dragon you want in this game .-.
Veja wrote on 2018-06-10 16:14:23:
Mrgrimm150 wrote on 2018-06-10 16:06:30:
Laluzi wrote on 2018-06-10 16:04:31:
To me, the rationale for releasing and retiring the scattersights this way makes perfect sense (or at least internal consistency) - they don't want us changing the eyes of our dragons. The scatters exist so that older dragons can get in on this new feature. But otherwise it's not how they intend for the mechanic to work.

If that's the idea with the item then I'll be completely honest...

It's an awful thing to have for the Anniversary event.

"Happy five years. If you have a lot of perma dragons sucks to be you."

My thoughts exactly! This was not a good idea for an anniversary. It alienates older players more than anything.
I think it's awesome to get a whole new feature as an anniversary surprise, it's more than i was expecting.
I just don't get not enjoying the potential for new dragons just because you cant make your old dragons exactly how you want. I mean you liked your dragons before, but now they are ruined for you bc you cant have certain eyes? If you really want a dragon with certain eyes you can breed it, just like any other dragon you want in this game .-.
i'M SO DANg LATEFBV BFHVB FDB VF
i'M SO DANg LATEFBV BFHVB FDB VF
tumblr_inline_ohdr84Jik91r7nop7_500.gif
[quote name="demonhatchet" date="2018-06-10 16:53:29" ] [quote name="Veja" date="2018-06-10 16:14:23" ] [quote name="Mrgrimm150" date="2018-06-10 16:06:30" ] [quote name="Laluzi" date="2018-06-10 16:04:31" ] To me, the rationale for releasing and retiring the scattersights this way makes perfect sense (or at least internal consistency) - they don't want us changing the eyes of our dragons. The scatters exist so that older dragons can get in on this new feature. But otherwise it's not how they intend for the mechanic to work. [/quote] If that's the idea with the item then I'll be completely honest... It's an awful thing to have for the Anniversary event. "Happy five years. If you have a lot of perma dragons sucks to be you." [/quote] My thoughts exactly! This was not a good idea for an anniversary. It alienates older players more than anything. [/quote] I think it's awesome to get a whole new feature as an anniversary surprise, it's more than i was expecting. I just don't get not enjoying the potential for new dragons just because you cant make your old dragons exactly how you want. I mean you liked your dragons before, but now they are ruined for you bc you cant have certain eyes? If you really want a dragon with certain eyes you can breed it, just like any other dragon you want in this game .-. [/quote] Many of us are upset because our dragons DON'T look the same any more. It's not just one thing. It's a combination of changes and updates and limited release items which have put us in this position. That's why we're upset. Not just because we can't get special eyes on all of our perma dragons. Also, no. I cannot breed a new dragon born on March, 18th 2013. I cannot breed a new dragon with a specific ID, I cannot breed a new dragon which was given to me as a gift. It's not as simple as, "rebreed your whole lair"
demonhatchet wrote on 2018-06-10 16:53:29:
To me, the rationale for releasing and retiring the scattersights this way makes perfect sense (or at least internal consistency) - they don't want us changing the eyes of our dragons. The scatters exist so that older dragons can get in on this new feature. But otherwise it's not how they intend for the mechanic to work.

My thoughts exactly! This was not a good idea for an anniversary. It alienates older players more than anything.
I think it's awesome to get a whole new feature as an anniversary surprise, it's more than i was expecting.
I just don't get not enjoying the potential for new dragons just because you cant make your old dragons exactly how you want. I mean you liked your dragons before, but now they are ruined for you bc you cant have certain eyes? If you really want a dragon with certain eyes you can breed it, just like any other dragon you want in this game .-.
Many of us are upset because our dragons DON'T look the same any more. It's not just one thing. It's a combination of changes and updates and limited release items which have put us in this position. That's why we're upset. Not just because we can't get special eyes on all of our perma dragons.

Also, no. I cannot breed a new dragon born on March, 18th 2013. I cannot breed a new dragon with a specific ID, I cannot breed a new dragon which was given to me as a gift. It's not as simple as, "rebreed your whole lair"
Q9opeXe.png...8ydRw4n.png...o022-d01-L-Firtarian.pngo141-d02-Firtarian.pngo141-d03-Firtarian.pngo141-d04-Firtarian.pngs1-d2-Firtarian.pngs1-d14-Firtarian.pngs1-d16-Firtarian.pngs1-d4-Firtarian.png
[quote name="demonhatchet" date="2018-06-10 16:53:29" ] [quote name="Veja" date="2018-06-10 16:14:23" ] [quote name="Mrgrimm150" date="2018-06-10 16:06:30" ] [quote name="Laluzi" date="2018-06-10 16:04:31" ] To me, the rationale for releasing and retiring the scattersights this way makes perfect sense (or at least internal consistency) - they don't want us changing the eyes of our dragons. The scatters exist so that older dragons can get in on this new feature. But otherwise it's not how they intend for the mechanic to work. [/quote] If that's the idea with the item then I'll be completely honest... It's an awful thing to have for the Anniversary event. "Happy five years. If you have a lot of perma dragons sucks to be you." [/quote] My thoughts exactly! This was not a good idea for an anniversary. It alienates older players more than anything. [/quote] I think it's awesome to get a whole new feature as an anniversary surprise, it's more than i was expecting. I just don't get not enjoying the potential for new dragons just because you cant make your old dragons exactly how you want. I mean you liked your dragons before, but now they are ruined for you bc you cant have certain eyes? If you really want a dragon with certain eyes you can breed it, just like any other dragon you want in this game .-. [/quote] The two are not mutually exclusive you know? I can be eager to see what weird eyes my nests spit out whilst simultaneously upset that a massive chunk of my lair doesn't get to benefit from this (admittedly pretty cool) new site feature.

The two are not mutually exclusive you know?

I can be eager to see what weird eyes my nests spit out whilst simultaneously upset that a massive chunk of my lair doesn't get to benefit from this (admittedly pretty cool) new site feature.
well it's.....more than a little distressing to see that the massive outcry for
  • continued access to scatters
  • a way to revert to common eyes
has fallen on deaf ears.

i hope the devs reconsider. the premise of this update is really great but its execution makes both the event and the new eyes as a whole completely unenjoyable.
  • continued access to scatters
  • a way to revert to common eyes
has fallen on deaf ears.

i hope the devs reconsider. the premise of this update is really great but its execution makes both the event and the new eyes as a whole completely unenjoyable.
qLQeTFk.gif
xxxxx
ARAxlYW.png
oxDm2Un.png
FObX7rS.png
nWiQNX9.png
mlHpBMC.png
NQ1Ze0S.png
xxxxx 9121892.png
[quote name="demonhatchet" date="2018-06-10 16:53:29" ] [quote name="Veja" date="2018-06-10 16:14:23" ] [quote name="Mrgrimm150" date="2018-06-10 16:06:30" ] [quote name="Laluzi" date="2018-06-10 16:04:31" ] To me, the rationale for releasing and retiring the scattersights this way makes perfect sense (or at least internal consistency) - they don't want us changing the eyes of our dragons. The scatters exist so that older dragons can get in on this new feature. But otherwise it's not how they intend for the mechanic to work. [/quote] If that's the idea with the item then I'll be completely honest... It's an awful thing to have for the Anniversary event. "Happy five years. If you have a lot of perma dragons sucks to be you." [/quote] My thoughts exactly! This was not a good idea for an anniversary. It alienates older players more than anything. [/quote] I think it's awesome to get a whole new feature as an anniversary surprise, it's more than i was expecting. I just don't get not enjoying the potential for new dragons just because you cant make your old dragons exactly how you want. I mean you liked your dragons before, but now they are ruined for you bc you cant have certain eyes? If you really want a dragon with certain eyes you can breed it, just like any other dragon you want in this game .-. [/quote] It's not about getting my old dragons to be "perfect". I don't even care to use the things, it's about having a feature that lasts only a weekend, and what does last isn't geared toward the older players, the people who are a main part of the reason FR is still going today... And also, changes made without telling us that alter many dragons entirely. When they wanted to do the additions to the color wheel, they told us years ahead of time. This was sprung on us, after we were promised that eye colors wouldn't be changed.

It's not about getting my old dragons to be "perfect". I don't even care to use the things, it's about having a feature that lasts only a weekend, and what does last isn't geared toward the older players, the people who are a main part of the reason FR is still going today... And also, changes made without telling us that alter many dragons entirely. When they wanted to do the additions to the color wheel, they told us years ahead of time. This was sprung on us, after we were promised that eye colors wouldn't be changed.
9WDL0iL.png
[quote name="inklizard" date="2018-06-10 16:56:21" ] well it's.....more than a little distressing to see that the massive outcry for continued access to scatters a way to revert to common eyes has fallen on deaf ears. i hope the devs reconsider. the premise of this update is really great but its execution makes both the event and the new eyes as a whole completely unenjoyable. [/quote] Pretty much
inklizard wrote on 2018-06-10 16:56:21:

continued access to scatters
a way to revert to common eyes

has fallen on deaf ears.

Pretty much
Lets_play_with_spirits.png
From what I am reading and understanding one of the biggest issues is there is absolutely zero control over the babies. Personally I don't mind the chance for the eyes being random.

What I find to be wrong is that there isn't at least a way to remove them AT ALL.

If there was at least a way to remove the eyes I think that would help. I get that they didn't want to flood the market with these eyes, but really and truly would a way to get common eyes be so bad, no I don't think so. It would be like the gene removal scrolls, but for the dragons eyes. That seems to be where an issue lies and its not like it would add value to the dragon since it would only be receiving the common eye, they don't have to add a way to get rarer ones (though I would absolutely love it).

So just make a remove eye thing, boom one huge issue solved. You have it for pretty much every other aspect of the dragons appearance. Why suddenly not this one?
From what I am reading and understanding one of the biggest issues is there is absolutely zero control over the babies. Personally I don't mind the chance for the eyes being random.

What I find to be wrong is that there isn't at least a way to remove them AT ALL.

If there was at least a way to remove the eyes I think that would help. I get that they didn't want to flood the market with these eyes, but really and truly would a way to get common eyes be so bad, no I don't think so. It would be like the gene removal scrolls, but for the dragons eyes. That seems to be where an issue lies and its not like it would add value to the dragon since it would only be receiving the common eye, they don't have to add a way to get rarer ones (though I would absolutely love it).

So just make a remove eye thing, boom one huge issue solved. You have it for pretty much every other aspect of the dragons appearance. Why suddenly not this one?
@Firtarian I get that, though a ton of the people I've seen on here are upset they cant rare eyes on their permas. I think that's what the people who posted there were talking about
@Firtarian I get that, though a ton of the people I've seen on here are upset they cant rare eyes on their permas. I think that's what the people who posted there were talking about
Can we perhaps have the grey pupils at the least tinted back to black for breeds affected by the common eye color change?

My dragons seem pupil-less.
Can we perhaps have the grey pupils at the least tinted back to black for breeds affected by the common eye color change?

My dragons seem pupil-less.
0BrAWFT.png8sbZLoS.png
1 2 ... 297 298 299 300 301 ... 304 305