Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Coliseum Technical Beta
1 2 ... 57 58 59 60 61 ... 93 94
I like the speed of attacks.
I like the speed of attacks.
@Xhaztol Glad to hear you're on the mend and thank you for chomping the rumors.

I'm also glad to hear that the unpopularity of the refreshes has gotten y'all's attention. Honestly, if the page didn't reload every battle and captchas were optional ("do this for a bonus", not "do this or get locked out"), I don't think I'd have any complaints. (I am reasonably sure the eyestrain I was experiencing was from the reloading on a white background.)
@Xhaztol Glad to hear you're on the mend and thank you for chomping the rumors.

I'm also glad to hear that the unpopularity of the refreshes has gotten y'all's attention. Honestly, if the page didn't reload every battle and captchas were optional ("do this for a bonus", not "do this or get locked out"), I don't think I'd have any complaints. (I am reasonably sure the eyestrain I was experiencing was from the reloading on a white background.)
poisonedpaper-katyushkaframe.png 7mOaAeU.pngiBjoeES.pngIMyicna.pngt1mYQC9.pngDAtDfdH.pnglvp-quality-quartermaster-ribbon.pngfol-quality-quartermaster-ribbon.pngpoisonedpaper-ojnkframe.png
Aw, I hoped we could test it without having to feed our dragons :(
Aw, I hoped we could test it without having to feed our dragons :(
@Xhaztol
The new beta is great. I love the fullscreen functionality (it did not work on the normal Coli) and how quick it is to respond. I am also a big fan of the option to turn off the visual animations because sometimes they would slow down the fight on the original Coli.
Keep up the great work!
@Xhaztol
The new beta is great. I love the fullscreen functionality (it did not work on the normal Coli) and how quick it is to respond. I am also a big fan of the option to turn off the visual animations because sometimes they would slow down the fight on the original Coli.
Keep up the great work!
grimcreaper___edited_by_peach98123-dc3s8zl.png
I'm very happy that the coliseum refreshes will be discussed and addressed before you release the revamped version of the coli! Also, I hope you're doing OK, Xhaztol, being hospitalized is never fun and I hope you make a full recovery soon. :)

@ the people commenting that they don't see the point in having ''Unnamed Only'' as a sorting option:

I exalt dragons pretty much every single week, I participate in Dominance battles and having at least 3 pages open just to be able to quickly level, name and sell/exalt dragons is a pain. Being able to name Unnamed dragons in the coli is a super useful feature and I love it! Please do not remove that option. The fact that we will be able to name, level and exalt fodder in less than 2 minutes once the revamped version of the coli is released is wonderful!

In my opinion, the more sorting options there are, the better. ;D
I'm very happy that the coliseum refreshes will be discussed and addressed before you release the revamped version of the coli! Also, I hope you're doing OK, Xhaztol, being hospitalized is never fun and I hope you make a full recovery soon. :)

@ the people commenting that they don't see the point in having ''Unnamed Only'' as a sorting option:

I exalt dragons pretty much every single week, I participate in Dominance battles and having at least 3 pages open just to be able to quickly level, name and sell/exalt dragons is a pain. Being able to name Unnamed dragons in the coli is a super useful feature and I love it! Please do not remove that option. The fact that we will be able to name, level and exalt fodder in less than 2 minutes once the revamped version of the coli is released is wonderful!

In my opinion, the more sorting options there are, the better. ;D
69nIsKW.pngZZyKFJK.gifaeepzid.pngK5Ygz6H.gifkQ6a9lN.pnghYGY1dA.gifs934ycP.png
[quote name="WhoGroovesOn" date=2018-02-06 11:18:10] I don’t know if it was ever addressed with the original coliseum, but were there ever any plans to move the Main Page button further away from the Fight butting when the page appears? I swear I’ve accidentally hit the main page button when I’ve been on a good run in the coli more times than I can count because when the rewards screen appears the main page button is right where the Fight button is. [/quote][color=#006ab8]THIS. I literally [i]just [/i]had this happen, and occurs more frequently than I'd like to admit :/ Definitely needs moved somewhere not directly over the Abilities button, imo; really would like to see this addressed in the new coli, though I know it's only a minor annoyance. [quote name="Xhaztol" date=2018-02-06 13:53:42] The page reloads between battles is clearly unpopular among our testers, and you better believe we have it on our list of items to discuss while we continue to polish and bug fix the Coliseum and make it ready for launch. That has absolutely not fallen on deaf ears.[/quote][color=#006ab8]I take solace in this; thank you for letting us know that this problem is being considered. It's the most-prominent issue I have with the beta, so far. Other than that, was trying out some other builds, and they all seem fine. ^^ Was doing some Golem Workshop with my mage and some Kelp Beds for Reflect and they were both going well, too. ~ And thank you for fixing the perma-death between rounds :D Overall, seems like the beta is geared more toward [i]mobile [/i]functionality, though I have yet to try that.
WhoGroovesOn wrote on 2018-02-06:
I don’t know if it was ever addressed with the original coliseum, but were there ever any plans to move the Main Page button further away from the Fight butting when the page appears? I swear I’ve accidentally hit the main page button when I’ve been on a good run in the coli more times than I can count because when the rewards screen appears the main page button is right where the Fight button is.
THIS. I literally just had this happen, and occurs more frequently than I'd like to admit :/ Definitely needs moved somewhere not directly over the Abilities button, imo; really would like to see this addressed in the new coli, though I know it's only a minor annoyance.

Xhaztol wrote on 2018-02-06:
The page reloads between battles is clearly unpopular among our testers, and you better believe we have it on our list of items to discuss while we continue to polish and bug fix the Coliseum and make it ready for launch. That has absolutely not fallen on deaf ears.
I take solace in this; thank you for letting us know that this problem is being considered. It's the most-prominent issue I have with the beta, so far.

Other than that, was trying out some other builds, and they all seem fine. ^^ Was doing some Golem Workshop with my mage and some Kelp Beds for Reflect and they were both going well, too. ~ And thank you for fixing the perma-death between rounds :D

Overall, seems like the beta is geared more toward mobile functionality, though I have yet to try that.
dXizOVT.gif
deviantART
♦ +3 FR Time ♦
♦ Born-Again Christian ♦
♥ ♥ Wishlist ♥ ♥
♦ ♦ For Sale ♦ ♦
Free Dragons
Free lv27 Cauldron
Animated Icons
Art Trades
NatakiroFR.gif      tumblr_inline_nt4mfidcqY1qkfp12_500.gif
     Ping, please!
The Captchas seem to be showing up at or near the beginning of a "run" a lot for me, and nowhere else. Not sure if that's just my luck or what. Maybe it's because my phone keeps disconnecting me every, oh, five to ten battles or so lol. Overall though I'm really impressed with how cleanly the beta Coli is running on my far-from-cutting-edge phone. It's even letting me zoom in and out without issue today. Old Coli barely even functions on this thing.
The Captchas seem to be showing up at or near the beginning of a "run" a lot for me, and nowhere else. Not sure if that's just my luck or what. Maybe it's because my phone keeps disconnecting me every, oh, five to ten battles or so lol. Overall though I'm really impressed with how cleanly the beta Coli is running on my far-from-cutting-edge phone. It's even letting me zoom in and out without issue today. Old Coli barely even functions on this thing.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
@Xhaztol I like it But theres Issues with Fire Fox, with the arena not loading the Venues. it tells me to allow something i have no acess too :/
@Xhaztol I like it But theres Issues with Fire Fox, with the arena not loading the Venues. it tells me to allow something i have no acess too :/
fSkzf7C.png
Again, I've tested some more and the refreshing IS bothering me, but it's not the end of the world. But, having seen the team respond to concerns is very reassuring and I know you're working hard! Colour me impressed.

I was honestly afraid I'd hate all of it or my muscle memory would ruin the experience, but I am VASTLY preferring this update, even in the beta stage.

Best of luck, keep it up!
Again, I've tested some more and the refreshing IS bothering me, but it's not the end of the world. But, having seen the team respond to concerns is very reassuring and I know you're working hard! Colour me impressed.

I was honestly afraid I'd hate all of it or my muscle memory would ruin the experience, but I am VASTLY preferring this update, even in the beta stage.

Best of luck, keep it up!
plaguetop.png
Here's one more minor thing that I haven't seen anyone else mention, and it's probably because they either didn't notice or didn't care. Anyway, when I grind normally, I open the coli to widescreen, then hit esc so that the window is still bigger than it is without opening it to widescreen mode, but I can see the other tabs of my computer. (And the blue and orange wings are in the background ect)

I like it like this because I can still see the coli (It's bigger and I'm not distracted by the other options and buttons like the banner and clan options and ect.) but can click away to other tabs freely and it doesnt change the window the coliseum is open in.
I usually do this for windows in the Fairgrounds as well and I prefer it this way.

However, with the Beta, if I bring the coli to widescreen mode, I can't click to other tabs (like the original coliseum) but once I hit esc, it minimizes it to its original page size. There is no inbetween like in the old coliseum and it makes switching to/from the coli window a bit annoying.
(which will definitely be in widescreen if I'm using it, otherwise it's too annoying to squint at)

Seeing as how no one else seems to have noticed or mentioned this, i doubt it is something that us going to be changed, but is there a reason for this discrepancy in the first place, if it's intentional?
Here's one more minor thing that I haven't seen anyone else mention, and it's probably because they either didn't notice or didn't care. Anyway, when I grind normally, I open the coli to widescreen, then hit esc so that the window is still bigger than it is without opening it to widescreen mode, but I can see the other tabs of my computer. (And the blue and orange wings are in the background ect)

I like it like this because I can still see the coli (It's bigger and I'm not distracted by the other options and buttons like the banner and clan options and ect.) but can click away to other tabs freely and it doesnt change the window the coliseum is open in.
I usually do this for windows in the Fairgrounds as well and I prefer it this way.

However, with the Beta, if I bring the coli to widescreen mode, I can't click to other tabs (like the original coliseum) but once I hit esc, it minimizes it to its original page size. There is no inbetween like in the old coliseum and it makes switching to/from the coli window a bit annoying.
(which will definitely be in widescreen if I'm using it, otherwise it's too annoying to squint at)

Seeing as how no one else seems to have noticed or mentioned this, i doubt it is something that us going to be changed, but is there a reason for this discrepancy in the first place, if it's intentional?
d6Bpz8P.pngCx0Sdv8.pngzWgdxzn.png5cC87Ar.png5Pvzltj.pngvAUMJFv.pngqKZAaLK.pngRFvdPMt.pngSLGMeHq.pngd3XCZt0.pngtumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o2_r2_250.gif
mz77kVn.png
1 2 ... 57 58 59 60 61 ... 93 94