Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | A Bear Update: Poll
1 2 ... 71 72 73 74 75 ... 90 91
joxar r u okay there buddy?
joxar r u okay there buddy?
[quote name="@CommanderBacon" date=2017-11-22 07:59:30] If I got a bear out of an expensive Joxar's Spare Inventory Chest I'd be furious. [/quote] You would get a Bear as a bonus, though. You wouldn't [i]just [/i]get a Bear. You would get your Token, your item, [i]and [/i]a [i]chance [/i]at a skin or a bear. Plus, a lot of the stuff pulled out of the SIC is already not work the 80k we pay for it. -looks at the fricken crowns-
@CommanderBacon wrote on 2017-11-22:
If I got a bear out of an expensive Joxar's Spare Inventory Chest I'd be furious.

You would get a Bear as a bonus, though. You wouldn't just get a Bear. You would get your Token, your item, and a chance at a skin or a bear. Plus, a lot of the stuff pulled out of the SIC is already not work the 80k we pay for it. -looks at the fricken crowns-
Need a Dragon Bio? Check out my Lore Shop!
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.png
[quote name="McAlli" date=2017-11-22 08:38:22] [quote name="@CommanderBacon" date=2017-11-22 07:59:30] If I got a bear out of an expensive Joxar's Spare Inventory Chest I'd be furious. [/quote] You would get a Bear as a bonus, though. You wouldn't [i]just [/i]get a Bear. You would get your Token, your item, [i]and [/i]a [i]chance [/i]at a skin or a bear. Plus, a lot of the stuff pulled out of the SIC is already not work the 80k we pay for it. -looks at the fricken crowns- [/quote] [i]FURIOUS.[/i]
McAlli wrote on 2017-11-22:
If I got a bear out of an expensive Joxar's Spare Inventory Chest I'd be furious.

You would get a Bear as a bonus, though. You wouldn't just get a Bear. You would get your Token, your item, and a chance at a skin or a bear. Plus, a lot of the stuff pulled out of the SIC is already not work the 80k we pay for it. -looks at the fricken crowns-

FURIOUS.
12266738.png12223394.png10712216.png9093168.png9894381.png
[quote name="CommanderBacon" date=2017-11-22 08:42:53] [quote name="McAlli" date=2017-11-22 08:38:22] [quote name="@CommanderBacon" date=2017-11-22 07:59:30] If I got a bear out of an expensive Joxar's Spare Inventory Chest I'd be furious. [/quote] You would get a Bear as a bonus, though. You wouldn't [i]just [/i]get a Bear. You would get your Token, your item, [i]and [/i]a [i]chance [/i]at a skin or a bear. Plus, a lot of the stuff pulled out of the SIC is already not work the 80k we pay for it. -looks at the fricken crowns- [/quote] [i]FURIOUS.[/i] [/quote] At least the bears can be melted THE CROWNS ARE HERE FOREVER -weeps over my crowded vault of ugly apparel-
CommanderBacon wrote on 2017-11-22:
McAlli wrote on 2017-11-22:

FURIOUS.

At least the bears can be melted THE CROWNS ARE HERE FOREVER -weeps over my crowded vault of ugly apparel-
Need a Dragon Bio? Check out my Lore Shop!
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.png
That's a really good idea! I u I
That's a really good idea! I u I
ezgif_com_resize_by_heartsofinsanity-dc1gfev.gif
Honestly, I don't understand why the same people that complain about the bears being practically worthless also complain about them appearing in Joxar's spare inventory? I mean, I can see why people would be frustrated to pay so much for a bear, but people should also consider that that would icrease their worth over time.
I think making them available through Joxar is a pretty neat idea, because the FR community keeps growing, and together with the bears becoming harder to get, they will automatically become a more valuable item (not by too much maybe, but at least some). I mean, especially with the bears being mainly used as Baldwin fodder, the ratio of bears to users who want them will even out more and more. Plus, I don't think people would just want to through away something they spent 80k treasure on.
Honestly, I don't understand why the same people that complain about the bears being practically worthless also complain about them appearing in Joxar's spare inventory? I mean, I can see why people would be frustrated to pay so much for a bear, but people should also consider that that would icrease their worth over time.
I think making them available through Joxar is a pretty neat idea, because the FR community keeps growing, and together with the bears becoming harder to get, they will automatically become a more valuable item (not by too much maybe, but at least some). I mean, especially with the bears being mainly used as Baldwin fodder, the ratio of bears to users who want them will even out more and more. Plus, I don't think people would just want to through away something they spent 80k treasure on.
she/her || timezone FR+9 || casual player

art shop | (hatchery) | wishlist | dA
[quote name="Aile" date=2017-11-22 08:07:22] Seriously just retire the bears. Not retiring them from the get go has made them all but worthless. I’m tired of looking at them. (Though they do make great cauldron fodder.) Let’s have something new. [/quote] They should have been retired like the rest of the familiars after they were released. Why they decided to not to baffles me. The damage is already done though; the bears are worthless and even if I wasn't quitting I really wouldn't care what was done with them. I don't know how fast this site is growing but straight up (finally) retiring them is the best option.
Aile wrote on 2017-11-22:
Seriously just retire the bears. Not retiring them from the get go has made them all but worthless. I’m tired of looking at them. (Though they do make great cauldron fodder.) Let’s have something new.

They should have been retired like the rest of the familiars after they were released. Why they decided to not to baffles me. The damage is already done though; the bears are worthless and even if I wasn't quitting I really wouldn't care what was done with them. I don't know how fast this site is growing but straight up (finally) retiring them is the best option.
Art Thread
Skins and Accent Thread
[quote name="SkyTiger" date=2017-11-22 08:54:15] Honestly, I don't understand why the same people that complain about the bears being practically worthless also complain about them appearing in Joxar's spare inventory? I mean, I can see why people would be frustrated to pay so much for a bear, but people should also consider that that would icrease their worth over time. I think making them available through Joxar is a pretty neat idea, because the FR community keeps growing, and together with the bears becoming harder to get, they will automatically become a more valuable item (not by too much maybe, but at least some). I mean, especially with the bears being mainly used as Baldwin fodder, the ratio of bears to users who want them will even out more and more. Plus, I don't think people would just want to through away something they spent 80k treasure on. [/quote] @SkyTiger Bro. I've had these things for three thousand years. Believe me, they are not appreciating with time.
SkyTiger wrote on 2017-11-22:

@SkyTiger Bro. I've had these things for three thousand years. Believe me, they are not appreciating with time.
12266738.png12223394.png10712216.png9093168.png9894381.png
[quote name="calankh" date=2017-11-22 07:37:23] I feel like most of the users advocating for retirement are doing so out of frustration, not a feeling that they don't want new users to have access to the bears. I know I was not thrilled whenever I opened a chest into a bear last NotN, and I am kinda not looking forward to this year's festival because I know it's going to be a massive grindfest and then I'm going to get frustrated and buy the new stuff off of other users. I don't want the bears to be retired (I don't want anything to be retired, quite frankly) but they did decrease my enjoyment of the festival, which I suspect was a very common experience. [/quote] Honestly many of us are doing do both from frustration towards the bears AND this no-retirement-policy itself(I also fully advocate for the retirement of NotN completely, but that's a different rant). As many pointed out, I find it outrageous that this site has the most basic concept for collectibles in [i]any[/i] browser game completely backwards. Exclusive content is necessary in order to create motivation and a healthy game economy for both newbies and veteran players. The only reason retired items like the sprites have become so absurdly priced is because they were from a time FR was a completely different environment. It was nearly unplayable back then, constantly crashing and taking forever to just load a single page, and therefore very few people actually had access to that content. Now the site runs way more smoothly and the userbase has become much larger, not only it would take ages for any retired content to escalate to that rarity again, but a no-retirement policy in this better running site is doomed to gradually damage it. For example, even if newbies now have access to everything, they won't be able to make anywhere as much treasure/gems from it because of a low demand. Players are losing interest because besides logging in to care for your dragons every day, they don't have any real goals to achieve when there's no motivation to work hard for event stuff, after all why struggle to get a bunch of familiars and apparel that will still be readily available in the future and have no value at all in the market? And so on... overall it's a really annoying situation for everyone, unfortunately.
calankh wrote on 2017-11-22:
I feel like most of the users advocating for retirement are doing so out of frustration, not a feeling that they don't want new users to have access to the bears. I know I was not thrilled whenever I opened a chest into a bear last NotN, and I am kinda not looking forward to this year's festival because I know it's going to be a massive grindfest and then I'm going to get frustrated and buy the new stuff off of other users. I don't want the bears to be retired (I don't want anything to be retired, quite frankly) but they did decrease my enjoyment of the festival, which I suspect was a very common experience.
Honestly many of us are doing do both from frustration towards the bears AND this no-retirement-policy itself(I also fully advocate for the retirement of NotN completely, but that's a different rant). As many pointed out, I find it outrageous that this site has the most basic concept for collectibles in any browser game completely backwards. Exclusive content is necessary in order to create motivation and a healthy game economy for both newbies and veteran players.

The only reason retired items like the sprites have become so absurdly priced is because they were from a time FR was a completely different environment. It was nearly unplayable back then, constantly crashing and taking forever to just load a single page, and therefore very few people actually had access to that content. Now the site runs way more smoothly and the userbase has become much larger, not only it would take ages for any retired content to escalate to that rarity again, but a no-retirement policy in this better running site is doomed to gradually damage it. For example, even if newbies now have access to everything, they won't be able to make anywhere as much treasure/gems from it because of a low demand. Players are losing interest because besides logging in to care for your dragons every day, they don't have any real goals to achieve when there's no motivation to work hard for event stuff, after all why struggle to get a bunch of familiars and apparel that will still be readily available in the future and have no value at all in the market? And so on... overall it's a really annoying situation for everyone, unfortunately.
ssjS89N.png
[quote name="Lilian" date=2017-11-22 09:38:28] [quote name="calankh" date=2017-11-22 07:37:23] I feel like most of the users advocating for retirement are doing so out of frustration, not a feeling that they don't want new users to have access to the bears. I know I was not thrilled whenever I opened a chest into a bear last NotN, and I am kinda not looking forward to this year's festival because I know it's going to be a massive grindfest and then I'm going to get frustrated and buy the new stuff off of other users. I don't want the bears to be retired (I don't want anything to be retired, quite frankly) but they did decrease my enjoyment of the festival, which I suspect was a very common experience. [/quote] Honestly many of us are doing do both from frustration towards the bears AND this no-retirement-policy itself(I also fully advocate for the retirement of NotN completely, but that's a different rant). As many pointed out, I find it outrageous that this site has the most basic concept for collectibles in [i]any[/i] browser game completely backwards. Exclusive content is necessary in order to create motivation and a healthy game economy for both newbies and veteran players. The only reason retired items like the sprites have become so absurdly priced is because they were from a time FR was a completely different environment. It was nearly unplayable back then, constantly crashing and taking forever to just load a single page, and therefore very few people actually had access to that content. Now the site runs way more smoothly and the userbase has become much larger, not only it would take ages for any retired content to escalate to that rarity again, but with this no-retirement policy in a better running site is doomed to gradually damage it. For example, even if newbies now have access to everything, they won't be able to make anywhere as much treasure/gems from it because of a low demand. Players are losing interest because besides logging in to care for your dragons every day, they don't have any real goals to achieve when there's no motivation to work hard for event stuff, after all why struggle to get a bunch of familiars and apparel that will still be readily available in the future and have no value at all in the market? And so on... overall it's a really annoying situation for everyone, unfortunately. [/quote] I’m gladly for the retirement of NOTN even though I’ve never been a part of it. I haven’t been on the site for a year yet but I can say that NOTN isn’t a good thing in many cases. For one I can easily buy a gen one nocturne for such low prices and exalt without a single care in the world then we have reoccurring problems with how the event is in December during the main holiday seasons. Along with few people saying that it’s a second shadow holiday which it’s not but I Personally feel it’s an unfair advantage and celebration of a single dragon breed when others barely get a mention. The whole point was to celebrate the longest nights of the year and it just looks Halloween’s and shadows for nighttime feels but the admins could have easily done something else. Instead we are stuck with a reoccurring holiday with the same apparel and familiars celebrating a well establshed breed year after year. It should have been retired the first year as a one time thing and had new celebrations each December to help promote good economy and market by retiring items.
Lilian wrote on 2017-11-22:
calankh wrote on 2017-11-22:
I feel like most of the users advocating for retirement are doing so out of frustration, not a feeling that they don't want new users to have access to the bears. I know I was not thrilled whenever I opened a chest into a bear last NotN, and I am kinda not looking forward to this year's festival because I know it's going to be a massive grindfest and then I'm going to get frustrated and buy the new stuff off of other users. I don't want the bears to be retired (I don't want anything to be retired, quite frankly) but they did decrease my enjoyment of the festival, which I suspect was a very common experience.
Honestly many of us are doing do both from frustration towards the bears AND this no-retirement-policy itself(I also fully advocate for the retirement of NotN completely, but that's a different rant). As many pointed out, I find it outrageous that this site has the most basic concept for collectibles in any browser game completely backwards. Exclusive content is necessary in order to create motivation and a healthy game economy for both newbies and veteran players.

The only reason retired items like the sprites have become so absurdly priced is because they were from a time FR was a completely different environment. It was nearly unplayable back then, constantly crashing and taking forever to just load a single page, and therefore very few people actually had access to that content. Now the site runs way more smoothly and the userbase has become much larger, not only it would take ages for any retired content to escalate to that rarity again, but with this no-retirement policy in a better running site is doomed to gradually damage it. For example, even if newbies now have access to everything, they won't be able to make anywhere as much treasure/gems from it because of a low demand. Players are losing interest because besides logging in to care for your dragons every day, they don't have any real goals to achieve when there's no motivation to work hard for event stuff, after all why struggle to get a bunch of familiars and apparel that will still be readily available in the future and have no value at all in the market? And so on... overall it's a really annoying situation for everyone, unfortunately.

I’m gladly for the retirement of NOTN even though I’ve never been a part of it. I haven’t been on the site for a year yet but I can say that NOTN isn’t a good thing in many cases. For one I can easily buy a gen one nocturne for such low prices and exalt without a single care in the world then we have reoccurring problems with how the event is in December during the main holiday seasons. Along with few people saying that it’s a second shadow holiday which it’s not but I Personally feel it’s an unfair advantage and celebration of a single dragon breed when others barely get a mention.
The whole point was to celebrate the longest nights of the year and it just looks Halloween’s and shadows for nighttime feels but the admins could have easily done something else. Instead we are stuck with a reoccurring holiday with the same apparel and familiars celebrating a well establshed breed year after year. It should have been retired the first year as a one time thing and had new celebrations each December to help promote good economy and market by retiring items.
4xTBSTZ.png
1 2 ... 71 72 73 74 75 ... 90 91