Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Words on the Wind, vol 11
1 2 ... 80 81 82 83 84 ... 87 88
@Noxprex Of course I don't want an MVP vista, I only go on the forums to attempt to sell dragons. I'm really bad at it, I don't deserve any forum awards, except for the awards of "most bumps" and "most forced humor" if that's a thing

I just realized that I totally misworded/poorly placed a line in there. I meant to imply that I wanted a vista in general. And if I get it someday I will and if I don't I don't and I'm totally cool either way. B) What I really want is that Kickstarter vista, awww yeah. But alas that ship has sailed

Anyway, it doesn't matter if I changed your mind or added to the discussion. For one thing, it's a totally useless discussion and achieves absolutely nothing, unless adding drama to a nice mod gesture is what you wanted. Much better to crash into it while yelling obnoxiously. For another thing, I wouldn't change your mind; there's no use trying.

Anyway, if you're whining about a piece of bling on a forum for the purpose of recognizing standout human beings--another step forward to making vistas more eligible for more people, by the by, and obviously one step of many steps--well, you fill in the blanks.
@Noxprex Of course I don't want an MVP vista, I only go on the forums to attempt to sell dragons. I'm really bad at it, I don't deserve any forum awards, except for the awards of "most bumps" and "most forced humor" if that's a thing

I just realized that I totally misworded/poorly placed a line in there. I meant to imply that I wanted a vista in general. And if I get it someday I will and if I don't I don't and I'm totally cool either way. B) What I really want is that Kickstarter vista, awww yeah. But alas that ship has sailed

Anyway, it doesn't matter if I changed your mind or added to the discussion. For one thing, it's a totally useless discussion and achieves absolutely nothing, unless adding drama to a nice mod gesture is what you wanted. Much better to crash into it while yelling obnoxiously. For another thing, I wouldn't change your mind; there's no use trying.

Anyway, if you're whining about a piece of bling on a forum for the purpose of recognizing standout human beings--another step forward to making vistas more eligible for more people, by the by, and obviously one step of many steps--well, you fill in the blanks.
@Aequorin
You guys are doing really well considering how new the site is. I know sites that have been around for like 10 years or more and still haven't addressed issues from year 1. :\ You guys really seem to care about your members and that really makes this a fun and easy-going place to hang out~

Not saying there aren't a few sticks in the mud or bugs in the system, but those are things that will always pop up even for the largest, most high-paying sites out there. You guys really try to nip things in the bud right away and have done really well especially these past few months at keeping things going pretty smoothly.

I remember when we used to have downtime like one to four times a day five out of seven days a week. Now we get it like maybe once or twice a month and it's for such short times it's hardly even noticeable. I'd say the site is growing and improving right along with it's members. Who could ask for more? X3

As for Piebald... I think it's a bit too similar to Crackle as a tertiary, but makes for a fine primary/secondary! I personally prefer the faded effect, even though traditionally piebald is usually patches of white and sometimes black/grey. In any version it looks like someone splashed the dragons with paint and I love it. XD
@Aequorin
You guys are doing really well considering how new the site is. I know sites that have been around for like 10 years or more and still haven't addressed issues from year 1. :\ You guys really seem to care about your members and that really makes this a fun and easy-going place to hang out~

Not saying there aren't a few sticks in the mud or bugs in the system, but those are things that will always pop up even for the largest, most high-paying sites out there. You guys really try to nip things in the bud right away and have done really well especially these past few months at keeping things going pretty smoothly.

I remember when we used to have downtime like one to four times a day five out of seven days a week. Now we get it like maybe once or twice a month and it's for such short times it's hardly even noticeable. I'd say the site is growing and improving right along with it's members. Who could ask for more? X3

As for Piebald... I think it's a bit too similar to Crackle as a tertiary, but makes for a fine primary/secondary! I personally prefer the faded effect, even though traditionally piebald is usually patches of white and sometimes black/grey. In any version it looks like someone splashed the dragons with paint and I love it. XD
sJmKU07.gifa8FvSEr.png9dYW39C.png
Thank you so much for this update! I personally haven't been concerned with the site's issues overall, although I wasn't able to use the coli for a couple days during notn, I appreciated the extra gathering turns!

I like the idea of MVPs, I'm not super active on the forums myself, but I think it's a really nice way to reward people who are positive, helpful and polite. In real life, these qualities are all too often exhausting to maintain and often go unnoticed, unappreciated or unacknowledged, so I think this will be a positive development for the already overwhelmingly lovely FR community. One question - once earned, will MVP status continue to be reviewed?

Piebald is all I've ever needed in a gene. I slightly prefer the true-to-nature-ness of the White primary / secondary, but I think I'd love to see piebald on crystal, so I went with the tert. Lots of my dragons have white terms anyway. ^_^
Thank you so much for this update! I personally haven't been concerned with the site's issues overall, although I wasn't able to use the coli for a couple days during notn, I appreciated the extra gathering turns!

I like the idea of MVPs, I'm not super active on the forums myself, but I think it's a really nice way to reward people who are positive, helpful and polite. In real life, these qualities are all too often exhausting to maintain and often go unnoticed, unappreciated or unacknowledged, so I think this will be a positive development for the already overwhelmingly lovely FR community. One question - once earned, will MVP status continue to be reviewed?

Piebald is all I've ever needed in a gene. I slightly prefer the true-to-nature-ness of the White primary / secondary, but I think I'd love to see piebald on crystal, so I went with the tert. Lots of my dragons have white terms anyway. ^_^
emXtQcv.gif9QxrTEM.pngpWX995k.png
This game is funny.

Watch as MVP gets implemented anyway even though the community has strongly shown they dont want it.

Prove me wrong.

Please for the good of this game prove me wrong.
This game is funny.

Watch as MVP gets implemented anyway even though the community has strongly shown they dont want it.

Prove me wrong.

Please for the good of this game prove me wrong.
tumblr_nq0dlcmuyk1svbq5wo1_540.png
Well will the changes re: coliseum effects turn off/on be implemented?

And MVPs?

Is that something like "Super Duper Suck Up People" insignias? :c
Well will the changes re: coliseum effects turn off/on be implemented?

And MVPs?

Is that something like "Super Duper Suck Up People" insignias? :c
Dubra.gif2RCvW.gifchl6j.gifs5BmR.gifGHL2o.gifpYlbr.gif0F7Sr.gif
I don't see why MVPs should bring hatred between users.
Just because someone got one and you didn't it's not that big of a deal.
If you think MVPs are bad then you are ALREADY feeling jealous for a non-material award!
Being greedy over a pet game mention is incredibly childish and that's why those kind of people will probably never get the award haha
I think MVPs should be very rare recognitions so that they don't get given to everyone that tries to be active on purpose.

Besides, even if 300 people said they dislike the MVPs, we have to remember Flight Rising has something like thousands of users that are not all going to write something on this thread but maybe are not against the MVPs so it's not like EVERYONE DISLIKES IT and admins are mean and put it anyway. The admins of this site are very open and speak often with the players so this is not really the right place to complain about admins not listening or things like those.
And as my experience tells, EVERYTIME there is a change people don't like it but eventually love it after some time. It's not like they are asking us to PAY STUFF OR CLOSING THINGS so there's nothing to complain about really!

Anyway, great WotW, can't wait to see upcoming site changes. :)
If you think MVPs are bad then you are ALREADY feeling jealous for a non-material award!
Being greedy over a pet game mention is incredibly childish and that's why those kind of people will probably never get the award haha
I think MVPs should be very rare recognitions so that they don't get given to everyone that tries to be active on purpose.

Besides, even if 300 people said they dislike the MVPs, we have to remember Flight Rising has something like thousands of users that are not all going to write something on this thread but maybe are not against the MVPs so it's not like EVERYONE DISLIKES IT and admins are mean and put it anyway. The admins of this site are very open and speak often with the players so this is not really the right place to complain about admins not listening or things like those.
And as my experience tells, EVERYTIME there is a change people don't like it but eventually love it after some time. It's not like they are asking us to PAY STUFF OR CLOSING THINGS so there's nothing to complain about really!

fr_banner_by_blueem_d8a713l_by_blueem-d8aar7d.png
[quote name="Blueem" date="2015-01-25 02:59:46"]I don't see why MVPs should bring hatred between users. Just because someone got one and you didn't it's not that big of a deal. If you think MVPs are bad then you are ALREADY feeling jealous for a non-material award! Being greedy over a pet game mention is incredibly childish and that's why those kind of people will probably never get the award haha I think MVPs should be very rare recognitions so that they don't get given to everyone that tries to be active on purpose. Besides, even if 300 people said they dislike the MVPs, we have to remember Flight Rising has something like thousands of users that are not all going to write something on this thread but maybe are not against the MVPs so it's not like EVERYONE DISLIKES IT and admins are mean and put it anyway. The admins of this site are very open and speak often with the players so this is not really the right place to complain about admins not listening or things like those. And as my experience tells, EVERYTIME there is a change people don't like it but eventually love it after some time. It's not like they are asking us to PAY STUFF OR CLOSING THINGS so there's nothing to complain about really! Anyway, great WotW, can't wait to see upcoming site changes. :)[/quote] If I'd get a cookie everytime someone calls someone else[b] jealous[/b] just because they have complaints/afterthoughts/a bad gut feeling about something, then I'd be able to singlehandedly found the girl scout cookie foundation. Anyway. What I am having thoughts about is, HOW will they be able to actually found out if a member is totally worthy the MVP status? [quote]Account must be in good standing If the account has been previously actioned but has since displayed exemplary behavior with no further violations, this will be taken into account A forum history showing that even when under pressure or in heated debate, the player is able to discuss or disagree within our Rules and Guidelines. A forum history showing consistent positive contributions/benefits to the Flight Rising community[/quote] That does not answer my question, not at all. It makes more questions pop up. Will there be a public voting? If yes, it's a popularity factor there as well, that has no SMALL effect on the voting happening. Will the moderators look at each person's account and their forum history? That'll be ONE hell of work, let me tell you, especially if there are still so many things going on behind the scenes like fixing bugs, overthinking the next NotN Event, and so on. What will be expected of the MVP people? Are they some kind of mini-moderators, or the first route to go if you have questions? Will that lead to harassement situations, because some MVP members do not want that status? Will, and yes, it happens everywhere, it lead to jealousy, because some people have good ideas, but aren't happy with the mod-staff? Is it some kind of, and what I fear the most, showing a special moderator-pet-status? The ones that are the most liked by the moderators, be it through good ideas, to stay 'adult' or not mentioning one word of negative critique on the staff? I guess it's a lot to look for, with that. (and jealousy is a normal, completely normal human emotion. Like needing to use the toilet. If humans would not be jealous, or envyous, then they'd not strive to do 'better' than the one they're jealous of. )
Blueem wrote on 2015-01-25 02:59:46:

If I'd get a cookie everytime someone calls someone else jealous just because they have complaints/afterthoughts/a bad gut feeling about something, then I'd be able to singlehandedly found the girl scout cookie foundation.

Anyway. What I am having thoughts about is, HOW will they be able to actually found out if a member is totally worthy the MVP status?
Quote:
Account must be in good standing
If the account has been previously actioned but has since displayed exemplary behavior with no further violations, this will be taken into account
A forum history showing that even when under pressure or in heated debate, the player is able to discuss or disagree within our Rules and Guidelines.
A forum history showing consistent positive contributions/benefits to the Flight Rising community

That does not answer my question, not at all.
It makes more questions pop up.
Will there be a public voting? If yes, it's a popularity factor there as well, that has no SMALL effect on the voting happening.
Will the moderators look at each person's account and their forum history? That'll be ONE hell of work, let me tell you, especially if there are still so many things going on behind the scenes like fixing bugs, overthinking the next NotN Event, and so on.
What will be expected of the MVP people? Are they some kind of mini-moderators, or the first route to go if you have questions?
Will that lead to harassement situations, because some MVP members do not want that status?
Will, and yes, it happens everywhere, it lead to jealousy, because some people have good ideas, but aren't happy with the mod-staff?
Is it some kind of, and what I fear the most, showing a special moderator-pet-status? The ones that are the most liked by the moderators, be it through good ideas, to stay 'adult' or not mentioning one word of negative critique on the staff?

I guess it's a lot to look for, with that.

(and jealousy is a normal, completely normal human emotion. Like needing to use the toilet. If humans would not be jealous, or envyous, then they'd not strive to do 'better' than the one they're jealous of. )
Piebald looks interesting, it's kind of hard to choose... but understandable that it can't be all 3, lol.
Piebald looks interesting, it's kind of hard to choose... but understandable that it can't be all 3, lol.
Flamecaller-embersbanner.gif
@Skyure

I called them jealous because we are talking about RECEIVING something.
I don't think every complain is bad and I NEVER said I don't like complaining people.
I am just expressing my thought on the SINGLE MVP MATTER, not every Flight Rising problem.

Besides, I don't want to start a quarrel but I just want to say that jealousy will never get you anywhere because it's intelligence that took humankind where it is, not being greedy about something someone else has.
Life can't be perfect for everyone it's true, but that's because the people driven by bad emotions made it this way.
That's why one should work for everyone's good and not only for it's own self.

When I see something someone else made or has and I don't have, I don't feel jealous, I only work harder to be able to get it too or I understand maybe I won't have that thing, but I have OTHER things that this person doesn't!

But that's my thought, I don't expect everyone to think the same, it's just that I think the world would be a better place if people didn't think much about "I'm jealous, he has more than me" and thought more about "well, let's see what I can do so I can improve myself since I have an intelligent mind".
@Skyure

I don't think every complain is bad and I NEVER said I don't like complaining people.
I am just expressing my thought on the SINGLE MVP MATTER, not every Flight Rising problem.

Besides, I don't want to start a quarrel but I just want to say that jealousy will never get you anywhere because it's intelligence that took humankind where it is, not being greedy about something someone else has.
Life can't be perfect for everyone it's true, but that's because the people driven by bad emotions made it this way.
That's why one should work for everyone's good and not only for it's own self.

When I see something someone else made or has and I don't have, I don't feel jealous, I only work harder to be able to get it too or I understand maybe I won't have that thing, but I have OTHER things that this person doesn't!

But that's my thought, I don't expect everyone to think the same, it's just that I think the world would be a better place if people didn't think much about "I'm jealous, he has more than me" and thought more about "well, let's see what I can do so I can improve myself since I have an intelligent mind".
fr_banner_by_blueem_d8a713l_by_blueem-d8aar7d.png
[quote name="Blueem" date="2015-01-25 04:05:42"]@Skyure I called them jealous because we are talking about RECEIVING something. I don't think every complain is bad and I NEVER said I don't like complaining people. I am just expressing my thought on the SINGLE MVP MATTER, not every Flight Rising problem.[/quote] [quote]If you think MVPs are bad then you are ALREADY feeling jealous for a non-material award![/quote] Quoting from your previous post. People are having bad gut feelings about different things. And I personally think MVPs are bad because there are many things CAN go wrong with that (see my previous post).
Blueem wrote on 2015-01-25 04:05:42:
@Skyure

Quote:

Quoting from your previous post.

People are having bad gut feelings about different things. And I personally think MVPs are bad because there are many things CAN go wrong with that (see my previous post).
1 2 ... 80 81 82 83 84 ... 87 88