Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Words on the Wind, vol 11
1 2 ... 70 71 72 73 74 ... 87 88
I would love the new gene to make some dragons look like cows/horses lol!

Just want to say thank you to you guys for not only giving us a lot of cool updates, but also listening to us when we come to you with problems/complaints. Not a lot of sites do that anymore and its really great that you guys try so hard for us! THANK YOU :)
I would love the new gene to make some dragons look like cows/horses lol!

Just want to say thank you to you guys for not only giving us a lot of cool updates, but also listening to us when we come to you with problems/complaints. Not a lot of sites do that anymore and its really great that you guys try so hard for us! THANK YOU :)
The Water Flight
wx4q.png
More Powerful Than The Greatest of Waves
Wall of text incoming! Seems I had a lot to say. ^^;

Thank you staff for this volume of Words on the Wind. I really appreciate all the commentary and feedback we're getting from you guys. It's nice to know that the users' concerns have been heard loud and clear regarding multiple facets (no pun intended! ;D) of the site.

In regards to NoN, I think the reason I had such an issue with it was simply because the amount of chests I opened never really got reflected in prizes as I recieved one mimic bear and one egg - although thinking about it I feel like that's still more than some players got. I feel like the RNG for an event that's supposed to be simple and fun hindered it a little more than it should have been. I do appreciate you actually having something when it's easier to just... not. And man Nocturnes are an A+ dragon breed to boot! Overall, I think I was neutral about the event: it had cool things, but it also had some not-so-cool things.

I'm looking forward to the Adventure and Bubbling Brew features, no matter how long they take. It's totally understandable that they need to sit on the back-burner when there's so many other things to attend to. I think in regards to site bugs, balancing taking care of that while also introducing site content would be the best middle ground for FR and its players and staff.

Gathering has always been a bit finicky in my opinion. Sometimes I get seriously rad stuff (Darktouched Chimera, other exclusive familiars, eggs), but most of the time I get just food (no complaints!) and some other uh, less useful stuff. Definitely interested in how you're gonna fiddle with Gathering! o3o

Forum boards seem to be okay with me. I can't really think of something we desperately need except perhaps a board wherein we could have "in character" biographies of dragons as well as role play information and whatnot. World-building in your own clan would really benefit from this as only so much can fit into profiles.

As for Contact Us, good luck getting though all that. o^o That is not a job I'd want! I feel like in the case of reporting users, you might want to fix the "report" button so that the Contact Us forum isn't as full? Just an idea. ^^ (Unless you guys prefer this way - in which case, please ignore that! ;D)

I hope people take advantage of the opportunity to send in their resume to you! I definitely cannot apply as I don't have customer support experience, but hopefully skilled people want to help. :)

Criticism and forum behavior: Not much to say here aside from politeness does quite a lot in these situations.

Community management: Good to see more improvements are going to be made and that the community has been listened to. I'm excited to see how the improvements play out! Sort of on that note, the weekly FAQ is a good idea - hopefully that helps staff see what users' concerns are and helps users get their voices heard a little better. :)

I really love the MVP idea. It's sort of like employee of the month (no Stormcatcher, I'm not talking about you Cx) and it's a good way to encourage people to be civil with each other in case of disagreements. Nice! Maybe perhaps make it just like "Look! This user did a cool, helpful thing!" so people won't suspect a popularity contest?

The Coli updates are lookin' great. I know that will be a big help to lots of users. Thank you!

Aaaaand consider my vote for Piebald cast! I'm really diggin' that second option...
Wall of text incoming! Seems I had a lot to say. ^^;

Thank you staff for this volume of Words on the Wind. I really appreciate all the commentary and feedback we're getting from you guys. It's nice to know that the users' concerns have been heard loud and clear regarding multiple facets (no pun intended! ;D) of the site.

In regards to NoN, I think the reason I had such an issue with it was simply because the amount of chests I opened never really got reflected in prizes as I recieved one mimic bear and one egg - although thinking about it I feel like that's still more than some players got. I feel like the RNG for an event that's supposed to be simple and fun hindered it a little more than it should have been. I do appreciate you actually having something when it's easier to just... not. And man Nocturnes are an A+ dragon breed to boot! Overall, I think I was neutral about the event: it had cool things, but it also had some not-so-cool things.

I'm looking forward to the Adventure and Bubbling Brew features, no matter how long they take. It's totally understandable that they need to sit on the back-burner when there's so many other things to attend to. I think in regards to site bugs, balancing taking care of that while also introducing site content would be the best middle ground for FR and its players and staff.

Gathering has always been a bit finicky in my opinion. Sometimes I get seriously rad stuff (Darktouched Chimera, other exclusive familiars, eggs), but most of the time I get just food (no complaints!) and some other uh, less useful stuff. Definitely interested in how you're gonna fiddle with Gathering! o3o

Forum boards seem to be okay with me. I can't really think of something we desperately need except perhaps a board wherein we could have "in character" biographies of dragons as well as role play information and whatnot. World-building in your own clan would really benefit from this as only so much can fit into profiles.

As for Contact Us, good luck getting though all that. o^o That is not a job I'd want! I feel like in the case of reporting users, you might want to fix the "report" button so that the Contact Us forum isn't as full? Just an idea. ^^ (Unless you guys prefer this way - in which case, please ignore that! ;D)

I hope people take advantage of the opportunity to send in their resume to you! I definitely cannot apply as I don't have customer support experience, but hopefully skilled people want to help. :)

Criticism and forum behavior: Not much to say here aside from politeness does quite a lot in these situations.

Community management: Good to see more improvements are going to be made and that the community has been listened to. I'm excited to see how the improvements play out! Sort of on that note, the weekly FAQ is a good idea - hopefully that helps staff see what users' concerns are and helps users get their voices heard a little better. :)

I really love the MVP idea. It's sort of like employee of the month (no Stormcatcher, I'm not talking about you Cx) and it's a good way to encourage people to be civil with each other in case of disagreements. Nice! Maybe perhaps make it just like "Look! This user did a cool, helpful thing!" so people won't suspect a popularity contest?

The Coli updates are lookin' great. I know that will be a big help to lots of users. Thank you!

Aaaaand consider my vote for Piebald cast! I'm really diggin' that second option...
84d669668790b279a1734f4a81a8e75e9ae50900.png fLdYOuE.png
Gj9DhHn.png
bYt72YT.png
fdUVIfW.png
FObX7rS.png
UIuKM01.pngzwkSD6b.png
Some current special interests: Dokibird, Fuwamoco, magical girls, Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation.. more here!
Previous usernames: MystaRias, dokidokibunni, Sylphiette, Toothless
z3FSuck.pngK9W8Tym.png
qGZwGPH.png
Question: Does the "You're the Best Around" achievement still function? IIRC it was a rotating achievement that could only be held by one person at any one time. Would a temporary spotlight like that be better for an MVP-like system? Perhaps it moves monthly, and every month the current recipient gets a shout-out in the monthly newsletter? Maybe describing what contributions they've made to the community? It'd function similar to DeviantArt's old "Deviousness" award that they used to give out every month.
Question: Does the "You're the Best Around" achievement still function? IIRC it was a rotating achievement that could only be held by one person at any one time. Would a temporary spotlight like that be better for an MVP-like system? Perhaps it moves monthly, and every month the current recipient gets a shout-out in the monthly newsletter? Maybe describing what contributions they've made to the community? It'd function similar to DeviantArt's old "Deviousness" award that they used to give out every month.
I like @digitalduckie and @BatCrooks idea of replacing the MVP thing with an update highlight and/or an achievement. That sounds like a nice reward with much less of the drama-generating potential that a permanently visible status would have.
(I think making it an achievement that doesn't go away, and giving out a multiple ones, would be fine too. Just make sure the achievement's worth 0 points so it doesn't mess with people's percentages. And I'm also curious as to what's going on with You're The Best Around!)

Hm, another concern about the MVP idea. How much time is it going to take to find candidates, check out their entire forum history, make the choices, etc? Would that time be better spent answering community questions or dealing with the Contact Us queue?
I like @digitalduckie and @BatCrooks idea of replacing the MVP thing with an update highlight and/or an achievement. That sounds like a nice reward with much less of the drama-generating potential that a permanently visible status would have.
(I think making it an achievement that doesn't go away, and giving out a multiple ones, would be fine too. Just make sure the achievement's worth 0 points so it doesn't mess with people's percentages. And I'm also curious as to what's going on with You're The Best Around!)

Hm, another concern about the MVP idea. How much time is it going to take to find candidates, check out their entire forum history, make the choices, etc? Would that time be better spent answering community questions or dealing with the Contact Us queue?
Wow, the staff certainly has a lot going on. O_O
Wow, the staff certainly has a lot going on. O_O
Piebald looks really nice as a primary/secondary but I prefer it as white rather than faded. I think it's a great idea for a gene!
Piebald looks really nice as a primary/secondary but I prefer it as white rather than faded. I think it's a great idea for a gene!
Am I the only one who thinks Piebald as a tert looks like a "Basic" version of crackle..? Voted for primary/sec :)
Am I the only one who thinks Piebald as a tert looks like a "Basic" version of crackle..? Voted for primary/sec :)
I'm not a fan of MVP status. There's so many players that fit that description of level headedness, helpful or constructive that it would no doubt just be a base popularity contest -or- a scramble to impress staff rather than a real effort to improve the community for all.

Haves vs. havenots would ultimately be unfair to those who have contributed in a meaningful way yet gets overlooked because the only element in this is "Are you noticed by staff?". MVP status would turn into a luck factor and would no doubt dishearten those who have done great work consistently throughout the community or great prior work a year ago, yet never receive recognition while someone else gets that recognition.

It would be different if there was a regular way to get one and MVP was just something special, but having it just like the kickstarter vistas as pure bling that no normal user can get is really disheartening and I'm sad that we are getting yet another superspeshul vista rather than something attainable by players through contests or fair play rather than this random chance.

I thought that in the kickstarter/beta that it was mentioned that forum vistas would be obtainable later on through other means. What happened to that? Why are vistas becoming something that only the elite can have?
I'm not a fan of MVP status. There's so many players that fit that description of level headedness, helpful or constructive that it would no doubt just be a base popularity contest -or- a scramble to impress staff rather than a real effort to improve the community for all.

Haves vs. havenots would ultimately be unfair to those who have contributed in a meaningful way yet gets overlooked because the only element in this is "Are you noticed by staff?". MVP status would turn into a luck factor and would no doubt dishearten those who have done great work consistently throughout the community or great prior work a year ago, yet never receive recognition while someone else gets that recognition.

It would be different if there was a regular way to get one and MVP was just something special, but having it just like the kickstarter vistas as pure bling that no normal user can get is really disheartening and I'm sad that we are getting yet another superspeshul vista rather than something attainable by players through contests or fair play rather than this random chance.

I thought that in the kickstarter/beta that it was mentioned that forum vistas would be obtainable later on through other means. What happened to that? Why are vistas becoming something that only the elite can have?
Y3kY2LN.png
Wow, I LOVE the Piebald! If it ends up being white i love either versions of it
Wow, I LOVE the Piebald! If it ends up being white i love either versions of it
qvTNuJR.pngpj2uqBP.png yxlCf4S.png
I like all the versions, but I feel like Fade might have the best application. Though I'd strengthen the contrast between the light and dark parts to emulate a piebald look better. Right now it feels a bit too subtle. Someone also suggested making the color across the belly region match the belly's color, and I agree. That would bring it further away from any other gene we got and look less like crackle.
I like all the versions, but I feel like Fade might have the best application. Though I'd strengthen the contrast between the light and dark parts to emulate a piebald look better. Right now it feels a bit too subtle. Someone also suggested making the color across the belly region match the belly's color, and I agree. That would bring it further away from any other gene we got and look less like crackle.
1 2 ... 70 71 72 73 74 ... 87 88