Back

Adoptables

Create, adopt, or show off your adoptables.
TOPIC | ¤~~an endless garden [2.0] ~~¤
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 105 106
this is super cute!! got a lot of brown plants from the dragons i've put in so far [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/892874807559983145/952580906974081084/Q8tINfZw5gvIAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png[/img] only issue is that i kept hitting "scramble" to see if they would be more spaced out, but they kept clumping on the right side. not sure if that's an actual issue or just me though
this is super cute!! got a lot of brown plants from the dragons i've put in so far

Q8tINfZw5gvIAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png

only issue is that i kept hitting "scramble" to see if they would be more spaced out, but they kept clumping on the right side. not sure if that's an actual issue or just me though
AOFzhcD.png x >hurry
>she/her
>fr +3
>avatar
>about
x >lore
>origamis
>wishlist
>uma sales
>pings ok
@HurricaneWinds Perfect timing, I'm cracking the code open now :D

Scramble (which I should maybe rename to Remix or something) makes plants swap places with one another, while Generate a garden (Generate new garden?) gives you a whole new layout. Sorry bout the confusion, but congrats on that color coordination!
@HurricaneWinds Perfect timing, I'm cracking the code open now :D

Scramble (which I should maybe rename to Remix or something) makes plants swap places with one another, while Generate a garden (Generate new garden?) gives you a whole new layout. Sorry bout the confusion, but congrats on that color coordination!
cL9yafY.gif
Oh, this is impressive! I might have to make a critter or two for the catalog if I ever get some time. I assume they should be transparent pngs? (Could they be transparent gifs? That would be interesting and open up some room for movement, but I don't know how nicely that would play with everything.) [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/763844145554784299/952590698669039636/DxNh7lQLDeTTAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png[/img] I used some of my oldest dragons to get a few seeds, and even mixed two for the trees. It looks a lot cooler on a dark background, I promise ><
Oh, this is impressive! I might have to make a critter or two for the catalog if I ever get some time. I assume they should be transparent pngs? (Could they be transparent gifs? That would be interesting and open up some room for movement, but I don't know how nicely that would play with everything.)

DxNh7lQLDeTTAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png

I used some of my oldest dragons to get a few seeds, and even mixed two for the trees. It looks a lot cooler on a dark background, I promise ><

Sigmund
He/Him
FR +3 hrs

|
|
|
|

@Oranitha ahh, i see! i think where i got confused was in your "how's it work?" as it mentions: [quote]You can use seeds in the garden generator as many times as you like, [u]so copy-paste a few times to add more plants[/u]! [/quote] but i see now that's only for the actual generation of your garden, right? you can't duplicate what's in your [b]collection[/b] but u can re-use what plants you have for your garden generator..? :^o if that's the case, i think it was more of just me and my own mush-brain at 4am glossing over things instead of focusing. xD
@Oranitha
ahh, i see! i think where i got confused was in your "how's it work?" as it mentions:
Quote:
You can use seeds in the garden generator as many times as you like, so copy-paste a few times to add more plants!
but i see now that's only for the actual generation of your garden, right? you can't duplicate what's in your collection but u can re-use what plants you have for your garden generator..? :^o

if that's the case, i think it was more of just me and my own mush-brain at 4am glossing over things instead of focusing. xD
yq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngiKfVyMU.png
Having a go with some of my lore dragons ids, and I got a really cute brown garden! [img]https://i.imgur.com/XLHPV5M.png[/img] Perfect for all my earthy dragons ^.^
Having a go with some of my lore dragons ids, and I got a really cute brown garden!
XLHPV5M.png

Perfect for all my earthy dragons ^.^
AlYFj1w.png
rUoKR6y.png
bYt72YT.png
DisQoWb.png
sQngrHp.png
@TwoPuffins OOh! VERY interesting question on the gifs. So it's not strictly impossible, though there are a few challenges. The big one on the artist side is that there'd be a set animation speed and main frame count. For example, 24 frames as the main, and you could only have a gif that's a multiple of that--say 6 frames, 8 frames--so that they can be looped (loop 6 4 times, 8 3 times, so they end on the same frame). Sadly the technical challenges are a good bit more severe, dealing with things like gif's binary transparency (might have to use APNGs instead) and the fact Javascript doesn't support animating canvases in the first place. Spicy, but spicy can be fun! I want to revisit it down the road. Til then, rules explicitly allow for animation services, hopefully someone will be inspired.

Lots of words to say "maybe, but not for awhile, sadly". More pertinent, yes! Transparent pngs are great, I'll go specify that!

@Ico Oh, I only changed that after you posted! Sorry for the confusion there. We're very "living document" right now. I think previously it did say something like "make as many copies of seeds as you want" which yeah, that's very confusing. Honestly I might change it a bit more, I really like your way of putting it. "Don't duplicate your collection, do re-use in the garden." Thanks for helping me clean this stuff up <3
@TwoPuffins OOh! VERY interesting question on the gifs. So it's not strictly impossible, though there are a few challenges. The big one on the artist side is that there'd be a set animation speed and main frame count. For example, 24 frames as the main, and you could only have a gif that's a multiple of that--say 6 frames, 8 frames--so that they can be looped (loop 6 4 times, 8 3 times, so they end on the same frame). Sadly the technical challenges are a good bit more severe, dealing with things like gif's binary transparency (might have to use APNGs instead) and the fact Javascript doesn't support animating canvases in the first place. Spicy, but spicy can be fun! I want to revisit it down the road. Til then, rules explicitly allow for animation services, hopefully someone will be inspired.

Lots of words to say "maybe, but not for awhile, sadly". More pertinent, yes! Transparent pngs are great, I'll go specify that!

@Ico Oh, I only changed that after you posted! Sorry for the confusion there. We're very "living document" right now. I think previously it did say something like "make as many copies of seeds as you want" which yeah, that's very confusing. Honestly I might change it a bit more, I really like your way of putting it. "Don't duplicate your collection, do re-use in the garden." Thanks for helping me clean this stuff up <3
cL9yafY.gif
@Oranitha
oh my bad, looks like I forgot to update the code part, should be good now!
and hek ye big bois
sent you a pm with the images ^^
@Oranitha
oh my bad, looks like I forgot to update the code part, should be good now!
and hek ye big bois
sent you a pm with the images ^^
tumblr_pvo913VdTF1ta9vl4o1_400.gif
tumblr_pvo913VdTF1ta9vl4o3_400.gif
tumblr_pvo913VdTF1ta9vl4o4_400.gif
tumblr_pvo913VdTF1ta9vl4o2_400.gif
w8o0xW1.png

its absolutely not the end of the world or anything but i suppose my "cache" of seeds has disappeared now that its a new day and i've since closed and reopened the tab for the generator. im only mentioning this since closing and reopening the tab yesterday kept the data so im not sure if something went awry or i need to be proactive in recording my seeds
its absolutely not the end of the world or anything but i suppose my "cache" of seeds has disappeared now that its a new day and i've since closed and reopened the tab for the generator. im only mentioning this since closing and reopening the tab yesterday kept the data so im not sure if something went awry or i need to be proactive in recording my seeds
sunflowers and leavessunflowers and leaves
Alright, I made a small lot of little guys. I see opportunity for goat, I seize. @Oranitha [columns][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/779764740402315314/952649823549542460/goatspackpreview.png[/img][nextcol][color=transparent]__[/color][nextcol][b]author[/b]: TwoPuffins [b]seed[/b]: !grazing_goat, !grazing_goatbrown, !grazing_goatspotted, !micro_goat [b]price[/b]: Free [i]A little herd of goats, enjoying your garden. Watch out, or they might just eat it all for breakfast![/i] [/columns] [code] [columns][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/779764740402315314/952649823549542460/goatspackpreview.png[/img][nextcol][color=transparent]__[/color][nextcol][b]author[/b]: TwoPuffins [b]seed[/b]: !grazing_goat, !grazing_goatbrown, !grazing_goatspotted, !micro_goat [b]price[/b]: Free [i]A little herd of goats, enjoying your garden. Watch out, or they might just eat it all for breakfast![/i] [/columns] [/code] Am I good to share them with you? I do have a question before I do: I didn't realize the post said 32x32 [i]max[/i], so I saved them all on a 32px canvas, which leaves a lot of blank space since they're pretty small. Can and should I have the canvas the same size as the image? Would the extra space be a problem?
Alright, I made a small lot of little guys. I see opportunity for goat, I seize. @Oranitha
goatspackpreview.png __ author: TwoPuffins
seed: !grazing_goat, !grazing_goatbrown, !grazing_goatspotted, !micro_goat
price: Free

A little herd of goats, enjoying your garden. Watch out, or they might just eat it all for breakfast!
Code:
[columns][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/779764740402315314/952649823549542460/goatspackpreview.png[/img][nextcol][color=transparent]__[/color][nextcol][b]author[/b]: TwoPuffins [b]seed[/b]: !grazing_goat, !grazing_goatbrown, !grazing_goatspotted, !micro_goat [b]price[/b]: Free [i]A little herd of goats, enjoying your garden. Watch out, or they might just eat it all for breakfast![/i] [/columns]

Am I good to share them with you? I do have a question before I do: I didn't realize the post said 32x32 max, so I saved them all on a 32px canvas, which leaves a lot of blank space since they're pretty small. Can and should I have the canvas the same size as the image? Would the extra space be a problem?

Sigmund
He/Him
FR +3 hrs

|
|
|
|

anyone have a pastel/winter colored plant/tree? I can trade any of the following items :D [img]https://i.imgur.com/pWEYvIh.png[/img]
anyone have a pastel/winter colored plant/tree?
I can trade any of the following items :D
pWEYvIh.png
tumblr_pvo913VdTF1ta9vl4o1_400.gif
tumblr_pvo913VdTF1ta9vl4o3_400.gif
tumblr_pvo913VdTF1ta9vl4o4_400.gif
tumblr_pvo913VdTF1ta9vl4o2_400.gif
w8o0xW1.png

1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 105 106