Back

Adoptables

Create, adopt, or show off your adoptables.
TOPIC | ¤~~an endless garden [2.0] ~~¤
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 105 106
@voidbeast Oh my, that is some CRUNCHY overlap. My initial thoughts on this is hopefully in tune with what you're thinking:

I can draw an "invisible line" across each plant. If I draw the line at 8 pixels up and don't hit any plant, then I know it's a very short plant. If I do hit plant but then draw one at, say, 20 pixels up and don't hit any, then it's more medium, and anything else is "tall".*

I'd then set up three piles of spaced-out "allowed" spots. One for tall, one medium, one short. Once we know what the height a plant is, we give it one of those reserved spots. Spots within a pile can't overlap, but between piles they can!

Of course there's an additional time cost there, but since this is most useful for gardens with a medium number of plants, it shouldn't be an issue. Also, I really like the orange plant with the gold lamp and nightsky tree...too bad I ran out of spots to steal palette ideas on the thread (kidding)

@valerianroot Speaking of, our first non-test garden!!! Gosh this makes me so happy to see, you don't even know. Would you mind if I showcase it? Either way, is there anything you have in mind plant-wise as thanks for sharing?

*There's some exceptions (like floating things), but since that's mostly clouds and they can overlap (underlap?) whatever by nature...eh.
@voidbeast Oh my, that is some CRUNCHY overlap. My initial thoughts on this is hopefully in tune with what you're thinking:

I can draw an "invisible line" across each plant. If I draw the line at 8 pixels up and don't hit any plant, then I know it's a very short plant. If I do hit plant but then draw one at, say, 20 pixels up and don't hit any, then it's more medium, and anything else is "tall".*

I'd then set up three piles of spaced-out "allowed" spots. One for tall, one medium, one short. Once we know what the height a plant is, we give it one of those reserved spots. Spots within a pile can't overlap, but between piles they can!

Of course there's an additional time cost there, but since this is most useful for gardens with a medium number of plants, it shouldn't be an issue. Also, I really like the orange plant with the gold lamp and nightsky tree...too bad I ran out of spots to steal palette ideas on the thread (kidding)

@valerianroot Speaking of, our first non-test garden!!! Gosh this makes me so happy to see, you don't even know. Would you mind if I showcase it? Either way, is there anything you have in mind plant-wise as thanks for sharing?

*There's some exceptions (like floating things), but since that's mostly clouds and they can overlap (underlap?) whatever by nature...eh.
cL9yafY.gif
seeking clarification, if i may! ^^

if i've read it correctly: we are allowed to duplicate seeds we already own, right? but is there a limit to that? are we allowed to just keep duplicating and duplicating?
i ask because when mixing plants we're needed to discard the two we're mixing if we want to keep the new combo... so is there nothing to stop us from just duplicating an extra pair of the plants before mixing/discarding the old pair for example? (sorry if my wording is confusing, lol.)

just want to make sure i'm playing by the rules. xD i'm probably thinking way too deep.

this is really fun btw!!
seeking clarification, if i may! ^^

if i've read it correctly: we are allowed to duplicate seeds we already own, right? but is there a limit to that? are we allowed to just keep duplicating and duplicating?
i ask because when mixing plants we're needed to discard the two we're mixing if we want to keep the new combo... so is there nothing to stop us from just duplicating an extra pair of the plants before mixing/discarding the old pair for example? (sorry if my wording is confusing, lol.)

just want to make sure i'm playing by the rules. xD i'm probably thinking way too deep.

this is really fun btw!!
yq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngiKfVyMU.png
that sounds good, i'll throw in with my plants that something like the mushroom and flower next to each other have enough height difference to look fine overlapped but the... are they blue or white? flowers and the clump of 3 plants would still be too close in height if that helps narrow things down? not sure if something determining foreground or background would need to be added, i can't speak for certain but it'd probably look best if the smaller plants always overlapped the taller ones. also that orange plant is what my id generated in case you do actually want to use it for anything.

sorry for editing posts a bunch already but if you're thinking of plants to use for the different regions then earth could get succulents maybe, i think lithops would be fun especially since its already a food item and vista in game.
that sounds good, i'll throw in with my plants that something like the mushroom and flower next to each other have enough height difference to look fine overlapped but the... are they blue or white? flowers and the clump of 3 plants would still be too close in height if that helps narrow things down? not sure if something determining foreground or background would need to be added, i can't speak for certain but it'd probably look best if the smaller plants always overlapped the taller ones. also that orange plant is what my id generated in case you do actually want to use it for anything.

sorry for editing posts a bunch already but if you're thinking of plants to use for the different regions then earth could get succulents maybe, i think lithops would be fun especially since its already a food item and vista in game.
sunflowers and leavessunflowers and leaves
bro this is SO CUTE i am. already obsessed now instead of my normal 4 tabs open when im coli grinding its like 8 hAHA unfortunately i dont have enough fun blue plants to make a fun blue night garden but i did make this cute pinkish one because i got this rlly funky tree i like :] [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/848018846953504788/952402078431580160/garden.png[/img] god these are. so cute. i gotta go actually write down my dragon's lore so i can get plants for them,,, beloved
bro this is SO CUTE i am. already obsessed
now instead of my normal 4 tabs open when im coli grinding its like 8 hAHA
unfortunately i dont have enough fun blue plants to make a fun blue night garden but i did make this cute pinkish one because i got this rlly funky tree i like :]
garden.png
god these are. so cute. i gotta go actually write down my dragon's lore so i can get plants for them,,, beloved
small_bird.gif literally tiny bird
i have always been in arcane flight and always will be, despite my username!
@Ico Oh no no, that's not on you, that's my terrible wording at play. It is confusing! It's like...you earn a normal badge someplace, you can put it wherever. You can put twenty copies of that badge on a dragon if you like, but it's still just that one badge, really. And if something bad happened, say the badge's image file got deleted, all those copies would be gone too. So when you use the generator, I say "put as many copies of the seed as you like!" Really it's just the one seed you have, but you can copy it again and again to control how many plants are in the garden, just like copying a badge image all over a dragon's bio. When you merge two plants together, the idea is that you give up that seed "forever" (you could technically stumble on it again, but the odds are very very low)--it "dies" like a badge would if its image file got deleted. Of course these [i]aren't[/i] image files, they're just text, so it falls on folks to be honest about it :) Any idea on how I could word it more clearly? It's definitely confusing...maybe if I said something like "remove these two seeds from your collection" rather than just "discard"? @voidbeast Sounds good! By eye, the flower, clumped plants, and mound of flowers (I think it's blue, my eyes aren't great) do all fall between 9px and 20px, so they wouldn't overlap. But it'll be easy to tweak those numbers anyways, or even add or remove categories. Also, congrats on the good ID plant! Mine's so bad it inspired me to write the recombiner: [columns][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/774672849796464640/952406274472017920/eadcc6c2-0ff2-4b62-aa75-c4e5b6a41d7c.png[/img][nextcol] [size=4]The night sky palette's one of my favorites, but....mmmmmmnngh. not with that pink.[/columns] @Asherii I love it!!! The soft pink+minty green is so dear. Best of luck with your collection!
@Ico Oh no no, that's not on you, that's my terrible wording at play. It is confusing!

It's like...you earn a normal badge someplace, you can put it wherever. You can put twenty copies of that badge on a dragon if you like, but it's still just that one badge, really. And if something bad happened, say the badge's image file got deleted, all those copies would be gone too.

So when you use the generator, I say "put as many copies of the seed as you like!" Really it's just the one seed you have, but you can copy it again and again to control how many plants are in the garden, just like copying a badge image all over a dragon's bio.

When you merge two plants together, the idea is that you give up that seed "forever" (you could technically stumble on it again, but the odds are very very low)--it "dies" like a badge would if its image file got deleted. Of course these aren't image files, they're just text, so it falls on folks to be honest about it :)

Any idea on how I could word it more clearly? It's definitely confusing...maybe if I said something like "remove these two seeds from your collection" rather than just "discard"?

@voidbeast Sounds good! By eye, the flower, clumped plants, and mound of flowers (I think it's blue, my eyes aren't great) do all fall between 9px and 20px, so they wouldn't overlap. But it'll be easy to tweak those numbers anyways, or even add or remove categories. Also, congrats on the good ID plant! Mine's so bad it inspired me to write the recombiner:
eadcc6c2-0ff2-4b62-aa75-c4e5b6a41d7c.png The night sky palette's one of my favorites, but....mmmmmmnngh. not with that pink.

@Asherii I love it!!! The soft pink+minty green is so dear. Best of luck with your collection!
cL9yafY.gif
@Oranitha I would like to contribute some bun buns :DDDDDDD Should I send you a pm with the imgur links? [columns][img]https://i.imgur.com/TsurIuk.png[/img][nextcol][color=transparent]__[/color][nextcol][b]author[/b]: Andraya [b]seed[/b]: !bunbun, !bunbun_black, !bunbun_white [b]price[/b]: go pay someone a compliment! [i]bunbuns for all! brighten up their day just like a bun may brighten up yours :D[/i] [/columns] [code] [columns][img]https://i.imgur.com/TsurIuk.png[/img][nextcol][color=transparent]__[/color][nextcol][b]author[/b]: Andraya [b]seed[/b]: !bunbun, !bunbun_black, !bunbun_white [b]price[/b]: go pay someone a compliment! [i]bunbuns for all! brighten up their day just like a bun may brighten up yours :D[/i] [/columns][/code]
@Oranitha
I would like to contribute some bun buns :DDDDDDD
Should I send you a pm with the imgur links?

TsurIuk.png __ author: Andraya
seed: !bunbun, !bunbun_black, !bunbun_white
price: go pay someone a compliment!

bunbuns for all! brighten up their day just like a bun may brighten up yours :D
Code:
[columns][img]https://i.imgur.com/TsurIuk.png[/img][nextcol][color=transparent]__[/color][nextcol][b]author[/b]: Andraya [b]seed[/b]: !bunbun, !bunbun_black, !bunbun_white [b]price[/b]: go pay someone a compliment! [i]bunbuns for all! brighten up their day just like a bun may brighten up yours :D[/i] [/columns]
tumblr_pvo913VdTF1ta9vl4o1_400.gif
tumblr_pvo913VdTF1ta9vl4o3_400.gif
tumblr_pvo913VdTF1ta9vl4o4_400.gif
tumblr_pvo913VdTF1ta9vl4o2_400.gif
w8o0xW1.png

Man this is so cool! May I be added to the pinglist? It's going to be a great motivator to get me to do my dragon's lore! This is all of them so far: [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/950643456366235719/952463285322665984/unknown.png[/img] The mushroom on the end's my archeologist, the tall flower's my randomized progen (finished today!) And my Aberration is the swirly brown one, to label a few. I hope this can get really plentiful as I work! (Now, to get something big using a coli bingo... Here we go boys)
Man this is so cool! May I be added to the pinglist?
It's going to be a great motivator to get me to do my dragon's lore! This is all of them so far:
unknown.png
The mushroom on the end's my archeologist, the tall flower's my randomized progen (finished today!) And my Aberration is the swirly brown one, to label a few. I hope this can get really plentiful as I work!
(Now, to get something big using a coli bingo... Here we go boys)
violentvioletsig.png
this is so cool! I'm not sure I fully understand, but the art is so neat and I think I'll have a lot of fun messing around with it! :D

I'd love to be added to the pinglist!
this is so cool! I'm not sure I fully understand, but the art is so neat and I think I'll have a lot of fun messing around with it! :D

I'd love to be added to the pinglist!
myre.jpg
banner.png D2k1h2X.png 63ufpxJ.png
tQMwGmu.jpg eMpX3YA.jpg zAOFE5N.jpg
@Andraya Ohh my gosh those are so dear, yes absolutely!! Also yeah, DM or here is fine! I'll edit that in.

Do you want to go with the price listed in your text or the codeblock? (compliment or 10k/10g)?

Also! Just FYI, them buns'll be big (tree-sized if they're the full 32x32). Personally I think giant bunnies would be great, I just want to make sure.
@Andraya Ohh my gosh those are so dear, yes absolutely!! Also yeah, DM or here is fine! I'll edit that in.

Do you want to go with the price listed in your text or the codeblock? (compliment or 10k/10g)?

Also! Just FYI, them buns'll be big (tree-sized if they're the full 32x32). Personally I think giant bunnies would be great, I just want to make sure.
cL9yafY.gif
The post was unclear (fixed), but the pinglist is self-editing :D Normally I'd just add you folks myself, but there's two categories and one will likely get pinged way more often and I don't want to sign y'all up for that if you don't want it. [Pinglist link]!

@ViolentViolet77 (love the UN, hah) Somehow I never even thought to do a dragon-to-plant showcase, looking great! And I'm glad it's serving as a lore motivator, that's exactly what I hoped for :D

The coli bingo balance is still relatively untested (while I was in coli plenty this week, it was for dom purposes...), so if you feel like the effort-to-plant ratio is off, definitely let me know. I think I'm going to document a few examples of plants you can get at each difficulty either way. If you were on easy and it's seeming like I didn't put anything big on easy (there should definitely be a fair few on medium, I think there's at least one tree on easy but the pool's pretty big) LET ME KNOW! It's not your fault I don't document things. I'll get you something!

@anteater Me either, and I wrote it :D Yeah, nah, it's...a lot. Not to put you on the spot, but if there's anything especially unclear, let me know and I'll try to fix it up.
The post was unclear (fixed), but the pinglist is self-editing :D Normally I'd just add you folks myself, but there's two categories and one will likely get pinged way more often and I don't want to sign y'all up for that if you don't want it. [Pinglist link]!

@ViolentViolet77 (love the UN, hah) Somehow I never even thought to do a dragon-to-plant showcase, looking great! And I'm glad it's serving as a lore motivator, that's exactly what I hoped for :D

The coli bingo balance is still relatively untested (while I was in coli plenty this week, it was for dom purposes...), so if you feel like the effort-to-plant ratio is off, definitely let me know. I think I'm going to document a few examples of plants you can get at each difficulty either way. If you were on easy and it's seeming like I didn't put anything big on easy (there should definitely be a fair few on medium, I think there's at least one tree on easy but the pool's pretty big) LET ME KNOW! It's not your fault I don't document things. I'll get you something!

@anteater Me either, and I wrote it :D Yeah, nah, it's...a lot. Not to put you on the spot, but if there's anything especially unclear, let me know and I'll try to fix it up.
cL9yafY.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 105 106