Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Increase Galore's Time To Pick Up Items
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
A week seems plenty. It's the same length as festivals, and they seem to work out okay. And these won't even involve gathering currency like festivals do, just log in and click a button. I'm not like, actively opposed to it being 2 weeks, it just seems unnecessary.
A week seems plenty. It's the same length as festivals, and they seem to work out okay. And these won't even involve gathering currency like festivals do, just log in and click a button. I'm not like, actively opposed to it being 2 weeks, it just seems unnecessary.
2 Weeks sounds fair.

I also hope that a new Galore event gets announced on site. The news post only mentioned social media, and not everyone uses social media. So I support making it clear both on and off site whenever a new giveaway happens.
2 Weeks sounds fair.

I also hope that a new Galore event gets announced on site. The news post only mentioned social media, and not everyone uses social media. So I support making it clear both on and off site whenever a new giveaway happens.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
Support. I've taken a few involuntary FR breaks that are longer than than a week, I'd be pretty sad if I missed something big! I think two weeks is fair.
Support. I've taken a few involuntary FR breaks that are longer than than a week, I'd be pretty sad if I missed something big! I think two weeks is fair.
jCVhFoZ.gif
@Dagomor

You have to consider that previously, these event would not be missable by inactive users.

I was gone for 4-5 years (school & work stress + therapy), yet all April Fools Items were in my hoard (tho as the version i recieved them), it was nice to feel not forgotten as one from the very beginning and made returning more enjoyable knowing that i "only" need to catch up on fest Items, which are in greater numbers around.

With the changes, this will not be possible anymore. These Items will become more rare, more expensive, its a huge change for players and market alike, not to mention returning players who expected to have them.

Might be that i am no fan of "Gone forever" things, as i dont want to feel stressed in getting & remembering things on time.
(reason i never touched certain games, my inner completionist haunts me)
@Dagomor

You have to consider that previously, these event would not be missable by inactive users.

I was gone for 4-5 years (school & work stress + therapy), yet all April Fools Items were in my hoard (tho as the version i recieved them), it was nice to feel not forgotten as one from the very beginning and made returning more enjoyable knowing that i "only" need to catch up on fest Items, which are in greater numbers around.

With the changes, this will not be possible anymore. These Items will become more rare, more expensive, its a huge change for players and market alike, not to mention returning players who expected to have them.

Might be that i am no fan of "Gone forever" things, as i dont want to feel stressed in getting & remembering things on time.
(reason i never touched certain games, my inner completionist haunts me)
plagueanim1.gif
FR+9 | cQS6PnX.png | german
FObX7rS.png
- No voice to cry suffering. -
No random friend requests
_______
__
f44Zu0R.gif

Since, as far as we know, two weeks is still the length of time between activity that accounts are counted as "active" for dominance tallies, two weeks for Galore seems consisten to me? One week makes me a little uncomfortable since those people are still getting counted for dominance tallies but miss out on prizes that are supposed to be for active players.

But it hasn't been in place long enough for me to form a strong opinion yet— this is just my gut feeling since my immediate thought was "wait, but isn't two weeks the counter for activity that they've always used before?"
Since, as far as we know, two weeks is still the length of time between activity that accounts are counted as "active" for dominance tallies, two weeks for Galore seems consisten to me? One week makes me a little uncomfortable since those people are still getting counted for dominance tallies but miss out on prizes that are supposed to be for active players.

But it hasn't been in place long enough for me to form a strong opinion yet— this is just my gut feeling since my immediate thought was "wait, but isn't two weeks the counter for activity that they've always used before?"
There's a difference between Galore and Festivals. Festivals are always on the last week of the month. There have been times in the past that I've not been actively on FR, but I would log in specifically to participate in Festivals, since I did not want to miss out on the familiars. I was able to do that because I knew when they were. With Galore, there's no guarantee those 7 days will always fall on a known FR holiday.

And for the random stuff like Drakeharvest (which I did miss due to having no prior knowledge of its existence while on hiatus), those familiars and related items (if any) either cycle or became part of Gathering permanently. Missing them had no lasting consequences, just made getting the items more difficult.
There's a difference between Galore and Festivals. Festivals are always on the last week of the month. There have been times in the past that I've not been actively on FR, but I would log in specifically to participate in Festivals, since I did not want to miss out on the familiars. I was able to do that because I knew when they were. With Galore, there's no guarantee those 7 days will always fall on a known FR holiday.

And for the random stuff like Drakeharvest (which I did miss due to having no prior knowledge of its existence while on hiatus), those familiars and related items (if any) either cycle or became part of Gathering permanently. Missing them had no lasting consequences, just made getting the items more difficult.
[quote name="mothscale" date="2019-05-06 13:55:50" ] Since, as far as we know, two weeks is still the length of time between activity that accounts are counted as "active" for dominance tallies, two weeks for Galore seems consisten to me? One week makes me a little uncomfortable since those people are still getting counted for dominance tallies but miss out on prizes that are supposed to be for active players.[/quote] This is a REALLY good point.
mothscale wrote on 2019-05-06 13:55:50:
This is a REALLY good point.
ZQGfAQY.png
I agree that 7 days is too little time. .atleast make it 14 days or pref a month! [quote]I also hope that a new Galore event gets announced on site. The news post only mentioned social media, and not everyone uses social media. So I support making it clear both on and off site whenever a new giveaway happens.[/quote] I hate that a site like this rely on sociale media. Please keep the announcement on this site as your main focus. I would hate to have to get a Facebook /Twitter /tumbl account !!
I agree that 7 days is too little time. .atleast make it 14 days or pref a month!
Quote:

I hate that a site like this rely on sociale media. Please keep the announcement on this site as your main focus. I would hate to have to get a Facebook /Twitter /tumbl account !!
NO LONGER ACTIVE.

I LEFT FR AND GIVEN AWAY MY STUFF.
Definitely support extending the window, but I don't see why there has to be a limited window in the first place. From what I understand from the update, it's the simultaneous distribution to every single account that's the problem. So, allowing these item(s) to sit at Galore until a player returns and manually claims them- whether that's 1 min or 1 month or 1 year after distribution- would not only keep in the spirit of these special types of freebie events but also solve that server load, right? Galore already has to keep track of which accounts have accessed the gifts anyways to avoid giving duplicates.
Definitely support extending the window, but I don't see why there has to be a limited window in the first place. From what I understand from the update, it's the simultaneous distribution to every single account that's the problem. So, allowing these item(s) to sit at Galore until a player returns and manually claims them- whether that's 1 min or 1 month or 1 year after distribution- would not only keep in the spirit of these special types of freebie events but also solve that server load, right? Galore already has to keep track of which accounts have accessed the gifts anyways to avoid giving duplicates.
I personally think that one week sounds fair enough. As long as we knew in advance about these things happening (if they stay on site-long event days like April 1 and the anniversary) and also have an absolutely [b]enormous[/b] link and announcement in the front-page announcement about it, this isn't a problem. I think it's only weird because we always got stuff without being here before, but I don't know that it's a bad thing to change. I'm mostly neutral on the idea. I wouldn't be upset if it changed, but I think a week sounds like enough time. It's enough to participate in a festival (that, in earlier times, had retired items). I think it's enough time to grab an item. [quote]So, allowing these item(s) to sit at Galore until a player returns and manually claims them- whether that's 1 min or 1 month or 1 year after distribution- would not only keep in the spirit of these special types of freebie events but also solve that server load, right? Galore already has to keep track of which accounts have accessed the gifts anyways to avoid giving duplicates.[/quote] On the other hand, this makes all the sense. I wonder why it wasn't that way.
I personally think that one week sounds fair enough. As long as we knew in advance about these things happening (if they stay on site-long event days like April 1 and the anniversary) and also have an absolutely enormous link and announcement in the front-page announcement about it, this isn't a problem. I think it's only weird because we always got stuff without being here before, but I don't know that it's a bad thing to change.

I'm mostly neutral on the idea. I wouldn't be upset if it changed, but I think a week sounds like enough time. It's enough to participate in a festival (that, in earlier times, had retired items). I think it's enough time to grab an item.

Quote:
So, allowing these item(s) to sit at Galore until a player returns and manually claims them- whether that's 1 min or 1 month or 1 year after distribution- would not only keep in the spirit of these special types of freebie events but also solve that server load, right? Galore already has to keep track of which accounts have accessed the gifts anyways to avoid giving duplicates.
On the other hand, this makes all the sense. I wonder why it wasn't that way.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9