Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Weekly Q&A [Closed]
1 2 ... 582 583 584 585 586 ... 753 754
[quote]How long does an account have to be inactive for before it is no longer figured into the active accounts for dom calculations?[/quote] Two weeks! [br][br] [quote]Do you already accepted some applications since you started offering jobs? I can't wait for a lot of new breeds and genes![/quote] We'll have more information on this in our next [i]Words on the Wind[/i]. [br][br] [quote]Will there be any holiday themed vistas? Like Halloween, Christmas, etc?[/quote] Specifically, no. The holidays Sornieth celebrates are not the same as Earth holidays. We do have some loose tie-ins: seasonal items, Marva's tricks on April 1st, and turkeys appearing in November, but there are no plans for anything more direct than that. We may experiment with things like pumpkin patches or pine trees, while staying away from things that explicitly reference Earth holidays or figures. [br][br] [quote]What do the different stars under someone's avatar in the forums stand for?[/quote] The stars indicate how many forum posts a user has made. They do not provide any advantage, they're simply a bit of forum flair! [i]([b]Please note:[/b] Stars come with time. Do not spam the forums to get more stars. Spamming for stars may result in account penalties and/or a player's post count being reset.)[/i] [br][br] [quote]If familiars can't breed, where do new familiars come from then? Do they just... pop into this world somehow??[/quote] Familiars can have offspring in terms of the world and lore. In terms of gameplay, there is no familiar breeding system. [br][br] [quote]How do the artists get ideas for apparel? For instance - do you guys give them a brief and they run with it, or do they pitch you an idea and you agree?[/quote] We do both. :) Sometimes we have a very specific item we want made. Sometimes our artists will come to us and say "I had this idea for an item...". Both have resulted in some great additions to [i]Flight Rising[/i]! [i]([b]Please note:[/b] Only our site artists pitch apparel ideas. Please do not send us your apparel: we are unable to use your artwork!)[/i] [br][br] [quote]Do the artists have several new breeds they are working on and slowly eliminating, or are they trying to make one up, or are they currently focusing on one new breed?[/quote] Coming up with new breed ideas is not a problem! If it were just a set of three illustrations and that was it, our artists could release a new breed every week without issue. However, because of the customizable nature of our dragons, new breeds take a very, very long time to create. This is because they become exponentially more difficult to add as the game progresses. Each new breed needs every gene and piece of apparel drawn to fit it. As we're at over 40 genes for the adults and hatchling and 1400 pieces of apparel, this is a very time-consuming process. We've been chipping away at new breeds while simultaneously keeping new updates rolling out. We are going to be adding more artists in the future to assist in breed art backlog work and having more breeds cooking at any given time. The extra hands are very welcome! [br][br] [quote]What do the admins think about the Coatlshop threads?[/quote] If it's possible to be simultaneously dismayed and delighted, that about sums it up. [br][br] [quote]When transmuting items with Baldwin does the rarity or amount you have of an item change what rarity you get in return?[/quote] No. Item rarity or star value does not affect the outcome of the [i]color[/i] of the reagent you will receive. The item type will affect the [i]type[/i] of reagent you will receive. Example: apparel will always produce slimes, but the rarity of the apparel will have no affect on whether you get a grey, black, or white slime.
Quote:
How long does an account have to be inactive for before it is no longer figured into the active accounts for dom calculations?

Two weeks!

Quote:
Do you already accepted some applications since you started offering jobs? I can't wait for a lot of new breeds and genes!

We'll have more information on this in our next Words on the Wind.

Quote:
Will there be any holiday themed vistas? Like Halloween, Christmas, etc?

Specifically, no. The holidays Sornieth celebrates are not the same as Earth holidays.

We do have some loose tie-ins: seasonal items, Marva's tricks on April 1st, and turkeys appearing in November, but there are no plans for anything more direct than that. We may experiment with things like pumpkin patches or pine trees, while staying away from things that explicitly reference Earth holidays or figures.

Quote:
What do the different stars under someone's avatar in the forums stand for?

The stars indicate how many forum posts a user has made. They do not provide any advantage, they're simply a bit of forum flair!

(Please note: Stars come with time. Do not spam the forums to get more stars. Spamming for stars may result in account penalties and/or a player's post count being reset.)

Quote:
If familiars can't breed, where do new familiars come from then? Do they just... pop into this world somehow??

Familiars can have offspring in terms of the world and lore. In terms of gameplay, there is no familiar breeding system.

Quote:
How do the artists get ideas for apparel? For instance - do you guys give them a brief and they run with it, or do they pitch you an idea and you agree?

We do both. :) Sometimes we have a very specific item we want made. Sometimes our artists will come to us and say "I had this idea for an item...". Both have resulted in some great additions to Flight Rising!

(Please note: Only our site artists pitch apparel ideas. Please do not send us your apparel: we are unable to use your artwork!)

Quote:
Do the artists have several new breeds they are working on and slowly eliminating, or are they trying to make one up, or are they currently focusing on one new breed?

Coming up with new breed ideas is not a problem! If it were just a set of three illustrations and that was it, our artists could release a new breed every week without issue.

However, because of the customizable nature of our dragons, new breeds take a very, very long time to create. This is because they become exponentially more difficult to add as the game progresses. Each new breed needs every gene and piece of apparel drawn to fit it. As we're at over 40 genes for the adults and hatchling and 1400 pieces of apparel, this is a very time-consuming process. We've been chipping away at new breeds while simultaneously keeping new updates rolling out.

We are going to be adding more artists in the future to assist in breed art backlog work and having more breeds cooking at any given time. The extra hands are very welcome!

Quote:
What do the admins think about the Coatlshop threads?

If it's possible to be simultaneously dismayed and delighted, that about sums it up.

Quote:
When transmuting items with Baldwin does the rarity or amount you have of an item change what rarity you get in return?

No. Item rarity or star value does not affect the outcome of the color of the reagent you will receive. The item type will affect the type of reagent you will receive. Example: apparel will always produce slimes, but the rarity of the apparel will have no affect on whether you get a grey, black, or white slime.
Seriously

Can someone tell me what happened to the Night of the Nocturne apparel? Was it once only or will it cycle back in? The encyclopedia doesn't say!
Seriously

Can someone tell me what happened to the Night of the Nocturne apparel? Was it once only or will it cycle back in? The encyclopedia doesn't say!
image.pnglMoMteR.pngimage.png
Are staff/mods allowed to ask to change their avatar's Familiar [maybe a new one came out they like more], or are they always stuck with the original one they chose?
Are staff/mods allowed to ask to change their avatar's Familiar [maybe a new one came out they like more], or are they always stuck with the original one they chose?
Will last year's apparels be returning during this year's Night of the Nocturne?
Will last year's apparels be returning during this year's Night of the Nocturne?
g8T8XC2.png
Do you have specific criteria for how many clans have to reach the next level in Gathering or Baldwin before it's about time to release the next one, or do you just play it by ear?

What's up with the venue-unique chest/apparel with regards to lore? Who's making these?
Do you have specific criteria for how many clans have to reach the next level in Gathering or Baldwin before it's about time to release the next one, or do you just play it by ear?

What's up with the venue-unique chest/apparel with regards to lore? Who's making these?
fOSQCIF.pngFR+3zzLDnv4.png Stuff I write
Back in the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1327998/170#post_14534074]October 5th [/url] Q&A, you gave us small word hints to 4 future updates. [quote name="Aequorin" date=2015-10-05 21:41:41] [quote]Give us some tiny, one-word, context-free spoilers for future site content? I love to see the community getting hyped trying to guess what's coming up.[/quote] [LIST][*]Glow [*]Petals [*]Sneaky [*]Hermit[/LIST][/quote] Can you tell us which of these have been released and what they were?
Back in the October 5th Q&A, you gave us small word hints to 4 future updates.
Aequorin wrote on 2015-10-05:
Quote:
Give us some tiny, one-word, context-free spoilers for future site content? I love to see the community getting hyped trying to guess what's coming up.
  • Glow
  • Petals
  • Sneaky
  • Hermit

Can you tell us which of these have been released and what they were?
tumblr_inline_oiamx6wpfn1r3h1o8_540.png
Quote:
Coming up with new breed ideas is not a problem! If it were just a set of three illustrations and that was it, our artists could release a new breed every week without issue.

However, because of the customizable nature of our dragons, new breeds take a very, very long time to create. This is because they become exponentially more difficult to add as the game progresses. Each new breed needs every gene and piece of apparel drawn to fit it. As we're at over 40 genes for the adults and hatchling and 1400 pieces of apparel, this is a very time-consuming process. We've been chipping away at new breeds while simultaneously keeping new updates rolling out.

We are going to be adding more artists in the future to assist in breed art backlog work and having more breeds cooking at any given time. The extra hands are very welcome!

But no matter what happens isn't that prohibiting when it comes to the site's growth? If right now the amount of apparel and genes makes releasing new breeds difficult, what about in a year or 2? Or more?
Quote:

But no matter what happens isn't that prohibiting when it comes to the site's growth? If right now the amount of apparel and genes makes releasing new breeds difficult, what about in a year or 2? Or more?
LORE

Who creates Breed Scrolls, the gods themselves, or their most powerful exalt servants? If the gods themselves do it, how do they keep replenishing themselves to keep producing the scrolls. Or did the LIghtweaver do something really,really wrong when she made Imperial scrolls?

Though they were created by the Tidelord, guardian dragons aren’t that magically inclined per canon, and don’t seem to share much in common with the Tidelord really. Were they [guardians] originally meant to be the Earthshaker’s first breed?

How does the Charge work? How does a guardian dragon know when they’ve found their Charge? Do guardians have prophetic dreams about their charge before they find it?

Do Guardian dragons ever decide to be exalted if they have a living Charge? Do guardians choose exaltation after a living Charge dies because they can’t take another Charge? What of those guardians with the Charge of an inanimate object (My favorite is the lore another player has of a guardian with a coffee mug as a charge).

The Earthshaker, Windsinger and Flamecaller have to use another god's breed to create their Flight’s breeds. Do the other gods get angry about this and resent their creations being stolen to make breeds for a competing god?

Do the First Three do it because only the Tidelord foresaw or understood the fights to come and decided to get an early start on breed creation? OR Why did the other three original gods wait so long to get into breed creation?

What happens when Imperials are about to die “naturally”? Lore says they have unpredictable lifespans, but are there any indicators for an imp who’s getting ready to burn out? Do they stop growing their antlers in after they shed, do their muttonchops and manes turn white, do they get listless and stop eating? Or do they literally just burn out without warning and fail to wake up one day?

In the case of burned out imperials, since there’s no god-spark left in them, as opposed to imperials killed in battle, Could they still form emperors?

Where are assigned battlestones kept on a dragon?

If a group of centaurs were to defeat a Guardian dragon. What would their loot be?

Is a “day” to us comparable to a “year” in FR? Like, dragon eggs take 5 years to hatch, all dragons take 5 years afterwards go from hatchling to dragon, plentiful take 15 years to reach maturity, rares take 35 years. So when we play for an hour in the coli, that really means that our party was actually wandering through the mire for several days-weeks running across various enemy parties, it’s not just some constant zerg rush.

PLAY

What are the general computer specs the dev team intends FR to be run on? Or, alternatively, what sort of computer set up would run FR as smoothly as the dev team envisions the game to play? Mac or PC… or Linux?

Are keyboard controls going to be part of the coliseum update coming up in the future? Or something the staff has thought about adding on as part of the update? Might the fairgrounds get a similar set of keyboard controls?

Are all of the items going to have a dual function eventually? By this I mean, is everything going to be a component of a Baldwin recipe ingredient, Swipp or other future trading type thing? Or are most of the items we have and are going to get just for site flavor, collecting x99 challenges and hoardselling?

GENERAL

So, I ran across this page: http://flightrising.com/ks_designer.html and it looks as though quite a few of the design packs are still undone. It may just be lack of updates, but are those items and monsters actually still in progress or have they been abandoned?

Have you or the devs heard of Backerkit? It allows late backers to donate. I know if I hadn’t been 3 days late to your Kickstarter I’d have tossed a lot of cash at you. It might be fun to have another mini crowdfunding campaign to buy a another new server or help you hire more artists to deal with the apparel backlog.
LORE

Who creates Breed Scrolls, the gods themselves, or their most powerful exalt servants? If the gods themselves do it, how do they keep replenishing themselves to keep producing the scrolls. Or did the LIghtweaver do something really,really wrong when she made Imperial scrolls?

Though they were created by the Tidelord, guardian dragons aren’t that magically inclined per canon, and don’t seem to share much in common with the Tidelord really. Were they [guardians] originally meant to be the Earthshaker’s first breed?

How does the Charge work? How does a guardian dragon know when they’ve found their Charge? Do guardians have prophetic dreams about their charge before they find it?

Do Guardian dragons ever decide to be exalted if they have a living Charge? Do guardians choose exaltation after a living Charge dies because they can’t take another Charge? What of those guardians with the Charge of an inanimate object (My favorite is the lore another player has of a guardian with a coffee mug as a charge).

The Earthshaker, Windsinger and Flamecaller have to use another god's breed to create their Flight’s breeds. Do the other gods get angry about this and resent their creations being stolen to make breeds for a competing god?

Do the First Three do it because only the Tidelord foresaw or understood the fights to come and decided to get an early start on breed creation? OR Why did the other three original gods wait so long to get into breed creation?

What happens when Imperials are about to die “naturally”? Lore says they have unpredictable lifespans, but are there any indicators for an imp who’s getting ready to burn out? Do they stop growing their antlers in after they shed, do their muttonchops and manes turn white, do they get listless and stop eating? Or do they literally just burn out without warning and fail to wake up one day?

In the case of burned out imperials, since there’s no god-spark left in them, as opposed to imperials killed in battle, Could they still form emperors?

Where are assigned battlestones kept on a dragon?

If a group of centaurs were to defeat a Guardian dragon. What would their loot be?

Is a “day” to us comparable to a “year” in FR? Like, dragon eggs take 5 years to hatch, all dragons take 5 years afterwards go from hatchling to dragon, plentiful take 15 years to reach maturity, rares take 35 years. So when we play for an hour in the coli, that really means that our party was actually wandering through the mire for several days-weeks running across various enemy parties, it’s not just some constant zerg rush.

PLAY

What are the general computer specs the dev team intends FR to be run on? Or, alternatively, what sort of computer set up would run FR as smoothly as the dev team envisions the game to play? Mac or PC… or Linux?

Are keyboard controls going to be part of the coliseum update coming up in the future? Or something the staff has thought about adding on as part of the update? Might the fairgrounds get a similar set of keyboard controls?

Are all of the items going to have a dual function eventually? By this I mean, is everything going to be a component of a Baldwin recipe ingredient, Swipp or other future trading type thing? Or are most of the items we have and are going to get just for site flavor, collecting x99 challenges and hoardselling?

GENERAL

So, I ran across this page: http://flightrising.com/ks_designer.html and it looks as though quite a few of the design packs are still undone. It may just be lack of updates, but are those items and monsters actually still in progress or have they been abandoned?

Have you or the devs heard of Backerkit? It allows late backers to donate. I know if I hadn’t been 3 days late to your Kickstarter I’d have tossed a lot of cash at you. It might be fun to have another mini crowdfunding campaign to buy a another new server or help you hire more artists to deal with the apparel backlog.
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
Are the suggestions for Joxar's Spare Inventory boxes being considered? Specifically, the inclusion of past festival items (ones from 2013-onward)?

What are the plans for NotN? Not this year, but in the future. Will it always be a "thing," or could it possibly be replaced to celebrate the release of a new breed?

Why is the Arcanist the youngest when the explosion from his creation is what caused the Gladekeeper/Plaguebringer to come into existence?

What was the reason behind raising the number of dragons shown on each lair page?

Have you all considered temporarily halting release of new genes/apparel so that a breed can more easily be worked on?
Are the suggestions for Joxar's Spare Inventory boxes being considered? Specifically, the inclusion of past festival items (ones from 2013-onward)?

What are the plans for NotN? Not this year, but in the future. Will it always be a "thing," or could it possibly be replaced to celebrate the release of a new breed?

Why is the Arcanist the youngest when the explosion from his creation is what caused the Gladekeeper/Plaguebringer to come into existence?

What was the reason behind raising the number of dragons shown on each lair page?

Have you all considered temporarily halting release of new genes/apparel so that a breed can more easily be worked on?
QjxN3Ta.jpg
Who judges the holiday skin contests?
Who judges the holiday skin contests?
hey how you doing? well i'm doing just fine.
i lied i'm dying inside

ness, he/him
looking for a dragon with
obsidian or very dark grey primary
red range secondary
male
lightning primal
willing to pay upwards of 200g, depending on colors and genes
1 2 ... 582 583 584 585 586 ... 753 754