Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22
Ok, I want to make sure I am understanding this correctly-

When I look at MY lair and MY dragons I see what I want for my dragons progeny even if the owner/exalter named it Fred? When other people look at MY lair they see my list with my pretty nickname instead of Fred, but...if they click on the name it will bring them to the owners lair or exalt page and show their true name, Fred?

Ok, I want to make sure I am understanding this correctly-

When I look at MY lair and MY dragons I see what I want for my dragons progeny even if the owner/exalter named it Fred? When other people look at MY lair they see my list with my pretty nickname instead of Fred, but...if they click on the name it will bring them to the owners lair or exalt page and show their true name, Fred?

Stuff will one day go here.
The problem I see with this idea is that the names are linked between lairs. The names in the offspring list are linked to the name of the dragon in another lair. Because the names are linked and you can click on the name to open up the dragon in the other lair or the exalted dragons.

Since the names would be different it could get confusing.
The problem I see with this idea is that the names are linked between lairs. The names in the offspring list are linked to the name of the dragon in another lair. Because the names are linked and you can click on the name to open up the dragon in the other lair or the exalted dragons.

Since the names would be different it could get confusing.
@LunaSea
Exactly! It was also suggested that if you hover over the nickname in your list it will show the real name so that people don't get confused when they are redirected to a dragon with another name after clicking it.

@Qnyxz
Well, true, but on the other hand the ones who use this feature the most are the owners of the parents lair (I don't know many people who would browse the offsprings of other people's dragons on a regular basis) and they would know that they use nicknames and would be ready to see the different name anyway. Also if a hover tells that the name you're clicking is a nickname, you would be ready to see a different one, no?

Basically, you see a WONDERBRA in the list of the offspring of some random dragon and decide to check out what the heck it is - but when you drag the cursor to it the hover tells you "Real name: Bob", and when you click it you will see Bob in all his non-wonderbra glory. I think it shouldn't get too confusing that way :)
@LunaSea
Exactly! It was also suggested that if you hover over the nickname in your list it will show the real name so that people don't get confused when they are redirected to a dragon with another name after clicking it.

@Qnyxz
Well, true, but on the other hand the ones who use this feature the most are the owners of the parents lair (I don't know many people who would browse the offsprings of other people's dragons on a regular basis) and they would know that they use nicknames and would be ready to see the different name anyway. Also if a hover tells that the name you're clicking is a nickname, you would be ready to see a different one, no?

Basically, you see a WONDERBRA in the list of the offspring of some random dragon and decide to check out what the heck it is - but when you drag the cursor to it the hover tells you "Real name: Bob", and when you click it you will see Bob in all his non-wonderbra glory. I think it shouldn't get too confusing that way :)
I fully support this suggestion. I can't see any real downsides, and, as people have said, it will get rid of the all the unnamed drama. I'd still insist on my hatchlings being named, but I can finally have nice names on some dragons that are important to me, but not to the people who bought their babies and exalted unnamed v.v
I fully support this suggestion. I can't see any real downsides, and, as people have said, it will get rid of the all the unnamed drama. I'd still insist on my hatchlings being named, but I can finally have nice names on some dragons that are important to me, but not to the people who bought their babies and exalted unnamed v.v
The only big flaw with this suggestion that I can think of is that it would be an immense headache when tracking generations on family trees. It still wouldn't be too bad as long as the real name can be seen when hoovering over a nickname and they are clearly marked as nicknames but some kind of toggle would probably also be great (then again, I'm a massive fan of toggles in general so that's my default reply to most suggestions)

Overall it seems like a good idea.
The only big flaw with this suggestion that I can think of is that it would be an immense headache when tracking generations on family trees. It still wouldn't be too bad as long as the real name can be seen when hoovering over a nickname and they are clearly marked as nicknames but some kind of toggle would probably also be great (then again, I'm a massive fan of toggles in general so that's my default reply to most suggestions)

Overall it seems like a good idea.
Don't forget to ping me @Aryllia to get my attention.
This is the best compromise I have seen for this debate. Full support :)
This is the best compromise I have seen for this debate. Full support :)
kpBHZdf.gif lIfS9Um.png DQCsQbQ.gif
I fully support this idea! I can finally be rid of the mistake I made where I accidentally exalted my own dragons' offspring unnamed (I was trying to put it up for auction...why...)

Not to mention the two Unnameds on my random progen's list when I was still new enough to not realize it was a danger, pff.

I actually would prefer this to a collapsible offspring list, because I like looking at the offspring of my dragons.
I fully support this idea! I can finally be rid of the mistake I made where I accidentally exalted my own dragons' offspring unnamed (I was trying to put it up for auction...why...)

Not to mention the two Unnameds on my random progen's list when I was still new enough to not realize it was a danger, pff.

I actually would prefer this to a collapsible offspring list, because I like looking at the offspring of my dragons.
I'm going to have to say no support.

While it sounds like a neat idea I just feel like it could cause a different kind of drama. What if someone gives a nickname to your dragon that you absolutely do not like?

Before anyone says just report it I don't mean inappropriate or spite kind of names. Just a harmless name that you, the owner of said dragon, might not like being associated with your dragon.

When people sell their offspring they should know full well the risks that come with doing so. That includes unnamed and/or names they might not like showing up in their lists.

With this being said I would support the admins adding more to the collapsible offspring list that they're creating. Rather than just being used for exalted dragons (I believe that's all it's for?) it would be neat to give people the ability to hide any dragon of their choosing.
I feel like this would help people who want to hide offspring for lore reasons and those that simply don't like some of the names people chose.
At least this way you can't upset someone else by giving their dragon a nickname they aren't comfortable with.
I'm going to have to say no support.

While it sounds like a neat idea I just feel like it could cause a different kind of drama. What if someone gives a nickname to your dragon that you absolutely do not like?

Before anyone says just report it I don't mean inappropriate or spite kind of names. Just a harmless name that you, the owner of said dragon, might not like being associated with your dragon.

When people sell their offspring they should know full well the risks that come with doing so. That includes unnamed and/or names they might not like showing up in their lists.

With this being said I would support the admins adding more to the collapsible offspring list that they're creating. Rather than just being used for exalted dragons (I believe that's all it's for?) it would be neat to give people the ability to hide any dragon of their choosing.
I feel like this would help people who want to hide offspring for lore reasons and those that simply don't like some of the names people chose.
At least this way you can't upset someone else by giving their dragon a nickname they aren't comfortable with.
[quote]While it sounds like a neat idea I just feel like it could cause a different kind of drama. What if someone gives a nickname to your dragon that you absolutely do not like?[/quote] [color=darkslateblue]This shouldn't really matter because YOU yourself won't have to look at that nickname you don't like if you are looking at your own offsprings lists. If you sell your dragon and you named it already, and the buyer gives the dragon a nickname, the only way you will ever see that nickname is if you go to the buyer's page to look at your dragon. The original name is all you will see when you look on your own offspring lists. If you sell an unnamed dragon and the buyer names it something you don't like, this feature would come in handy because now YOU would give the dragon a nickname you can be happy about, and that name is all you would see unless you deliberately look for the dragon elsewhere. It looks like a win-win to me.
Quote:

This shouldn't really matter because YOU yourself won't have to look at that nickname you don't like if you are looking at your own offsprings lists. If you sell your dragon and you named it already, and the buyer gives the dragon a nickname, the only way you will ever see that nickname is if you go to the buyer's page to look at your dragon. The original name is all you will see when you look on your own offspring lists.

If you sell an unnamed dragon and the buyer names it something you don't like, this feature would come in handy because now YOU would give the dragon a nickname you can be happy about, and that name is all you would see unless you deliberately look for the dragon elsewhere.

It looks like a win-win to me.
kpBHZdf.gif lIfS9Um.png DQCsQbQ.gif
Well some people, myself included, do look at the parents of their dragons from time to time and would see said nickname.

I enjoy seeing how the parents of some of my dragons are doing. Are they still kicking, in a now abandoned lair, exalted?
What I wouldn't like is suddenly seeing MY dragon being called something different, especially if it's something that makes me uncomfortable. You can tell me not to go look again if I don't like it, but I don't have to go see it again to remember that it's there and that it makes me uncomfortable.

The only way I could support such a suggestion is if the nicknames were only visible to the owner of the offspring list.
Well some people, myself included, do look at the parents of their dragons from time to time and would see said nickname.

I enjoy seeing how the parents of some of my dragons are doing. Are they still kicking, in a now abandoned lair, exalted?
What I wouldn't like is suddenly seeing MY dragon being called something different, especially if it's something that makes me uncomfortable. You can tell me not to go look again if I don't like it, but I don't have to go see it again to remember that it's there and that it makes me uncomfortable.

The only way I could support such a suggestion is if the nicknames were only visible to the owner of the offspring list.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22