Back

Skins and Accents

Share and sell your skin creations with other players.
TOPIC | Skin Artists Help and Discussion Thread!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
I saw a number of people looking for a thread like this, including myself, looking for basically a "watercooler" thread for skin and accent artists to come together, ask for help, and get support, so here we are!

This is place for seasoned veterans, complete newbies, and everyone in between! Ask questions, get help and critique, gauge interest for WIPs, or even just talk about making accents!

(This is a general discussion thread, comments about the holiday entries should go into their respective thread.)
I saw a number of people looking for a thread like this, including myself, looking for basically a "watercooler" thread for skin and accent artists to come together, ask for help, and get support, so here we are!

This is place for seasoned veterans, complete newbies, and everyone in between! Ask questions, get help and critique, gauge interest for WIPs, or even just talk about making accents!

(This is a general discussion thread, comments about the holiday entries should go into their respective thread.)
bsOo7ST.gifwe_rode_on_the_winds_of_the_rising_storm_by_c_yang-d68stu4.gif
595bwIn.png
This is such a nice idea! it'd be great to be able to help each other out and even just have a place to complain when an accent is hard or taking forever. XD
This is such a nice idea! it'd be great to be able to help each other out and even just have a place to complain when an accent is hard or taking forever. XD
Kent's Accents - tumblr
Oh gosh I always need to hash out for stuff like this. I keep coming up with ideas and they keep flopping hardcore!

How do you guys come up with ideas?
Oh gosh I always need to hash out for stuff like this. I keep coming up with ideas and they keep flopping hardcore!

How do you guys come up with ideas?
itUKoww.pngFyaVcOZ.pngpP2K51Q.pngpkt5tJ1.png3taVtCs.png3fSUhqQ.png
I love this idea~

@Amaterasu I can't speak for others but how I come up with ideas is I look at animals or themes, or sometimes they just come up. I can say for example, there's an accent I have waiting for slots (Crystal Fractals) is tote based off of Steven Universe XD; I mean generically, it's like pastel crystal stuff, but then my Snapping turtle is based off a sea turtle. I think artists find their muses in different ways and we see things diff from one another but we're all able to come together and make things :3

Also some people keep an eye on themes that are popular in the accents and hop on it (like the desserts and pixels and stuff)
I try not to look at another's work and just focus on my own stuff, but I can't help looking at all the pretties *^*
I love this idea~

@Amaterasu I can't speak for others but how I come up with ideas is I look at animals or themes, or sometimes they just come up. I can say for example, there's an accent I have waiting for slots (Crystal Fractals) is tote based off of Steven Universe XD; I mean generically, it's like pastel crystal stuff, but then my Snapping turtle is based off a sea turtle. I think artists find their muses in different ways and we see things diff from one another but we're all able to come together and make things :3

Also some people keep an eye on themes that are popular in the accents and hop on it (like the desserts and pixels and stuff)
I try not to look at another's work and just focus on my own stuff, but I can't help looking at all the pretties *^*
Thank you for making this thread! I'm trying to get in to accent making but I have no idea how to make them not look like painted-on crap. :c I get why people aren't willing to share .psds because they can be easily ripped off, but man would i pay to be able to see how some of the better makers do it.
Thank you for making this thread! I'm trying to get in to accent making but I have no idea how to make them not look like painted-on crap. :c I get why people aren't willing to share .psds because they can be easily ripped off, but man would i pay to be able to see how some of the better makers do it.
YsUBlZc.png
@rocketgirl2
Well what problems are you having with coloring, I'm not one of the better makers but maybe I can do a live stream and show you how I do it or make a basic tutorial?

Always focus on shading and counter shading, and what colors match well with others.
@rocketgirl2
Well what problems are you having with coloring, I'm not one of the better makers but maybe I can do a live stream and show you how I do it or make a basic tutorial?

Always focus on shading and counter shading, and what colors match well with others.
@TomSuke I'm a super noob at this, so kind of....all of them? I think it probably doesn't help that I don't have a tablet, but I can't justify that cost right now. :c
If you do make a tutorial, please let me know!
@TomSuke I'm a super noob at this, so kind of....all of them? I think it probably doesn't help that I don't have a tablet, but I can't justify that cost right now. :c
If you do make a tutorial, please let me know!
YsUBlZc.png
I'm so freakin' down for this idea .w. Let's all sit around the table and do accents together~
I'll post some progress of the accent I'm working on abit later this morning~
I'm so freakin' down for this idea .w. Let's all sit around the table and do accents together~
I'll post some progress of the accent I'm working on abit later this morning~
USERbanner.png
2rocketgirl2 I don't have a tablet either and I make accents. I just use the touchpad on my laptop :3

I'll see if I can whip up a tutorial, and if there are any questions we can do a Q/A livestream.

I know there's a slight tutorial in the custom skins tab :3
2rocketgirl2 I don't have a tablet either and I make accents. I just use the touchpad on my laptop :3

I'll see if I can whip up a tutorial, and if there are any questions we can do a Q/A livestream.

I know there's a slight tutorial in the custom skins tab :3
Just doing this as I go along making a thing~ File formating, what is tho [img]http://orig05.deviantart.net/83bb/f/2015/128/3/c/layerfart_by_demedesigns-d8sm51q.png[/img] First I go about sketching the idea on a separate layer. Then when I'm happy with what I've come up with, I go ahead and line the thing, seeing the balance of how it looks. For some parts I didn't include and for others I add small details to balance the design out. Then I lay down some colors to see how it looks on the dragon. For this design, I'm going to be selling various copies with the gold staying the same, and the colors of mane and gems changing. Sapphires, emeralds, etc. Now I'm in the process of coloring the layers. Will update with more progress as I make it .w.
Just doing this as I go along making a thing~
File formating, what is tho
layerfart_by_demedesigns-d8sm51q.png
First I go about sketching the idea on a separate layer.
Then when I'm happy with what I've come up with, I go ahead and line the thing, seeing the balance of how it looks. For some parts I didn't include and for others I add small details to balance the design out.
Then I lay down some colors to see how it looks on the dragon. For this design, I'm going to be selling various copies with the gold staying the same, and the colors of mane and gems changing. Sapphires, emeralds, etc.

Now I'm in the process of coloring the layers. Will update with more progress as I make it .w.
USERbanner.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13