Back

Skins and Accents

Share and sell your skin creations with other players.
TOPIC | Skin Artists Help and Discussion Thread!
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12 13
[center]Hey guys I could really use some help with the gold parts of this skin. How can I make it better? [img]http://i.imgur.com/xA3wARz.png[/img][/center]
Hey guys I could really use some help with the gold parts of this skin. How can I make it better?

xA3wARz.png
KUUYWz1.png S E E K E R
ACCENT SHOP | ART BLOG
FR TUMBLR

some text
light_banner.png cuUj1QL.png

e8D0TxG.png
| SIGNATURES
@Seeker Ooohh =o

I think the main issue is that the yellow is a bit--flat? I feel like it needs contouring to the shape of the dragon. It's all close to the same brightness now, which makes it look like the light is hitting all of it at the same level.

I also think it might be a touch too oversaturated. That's just my sense, but like--a yellow that bold is really, like, Statement Color, and I feel like it might actually be more powerful if you pulled it back a bit in some areas so it's only that bright where it needs to be.

the yellow on the scales is really gorgeous. Honestly if you tweaked the gold and turned this into an accent I'd be completely in love.

@Labcoat Hey, just a thought, but: do you think it'd be possible to get a pinglist going of people willing to offer concrit? I'd love to help people improve their accents, but I don't think to check this thread often enough to catch them all. =/
@Seeker Ooohh =o

I think the main issue is that the yellow is a bit--flat? I feel like it needs contouring to the shape of the dragon. It's all close to the same brightness now, which makes it look like the light is hitting all of it at the same level.

I also think it might be a touch too oversaturated. That's just my sense, but like--a yellow that bold is really, like, Statement Color, and I feel like it might actually be more powerful if you pulled it back a bit in some areas so it's only that bright where it needs to be.

the yellow on the scales is really gorgeous. Honestly if you tweaked the gold and turned this into an accent I'd be completely in love.

@Labcoat Hey, just a thought, but: do you think it'd be possible to get a pinglist going of people willing to offer concrit? I'd love to help people improve their accents, but I don't think to check this thread often enough to catch them all. =/
Kent's Accents - tumblr
I'm done with finals, so I can keep this thread alive more, yay.

@corvidus
Ooh, I like it! If I had a WC that fit I'd be all over it. Best of luck!

@Twelvewishes
Also nice! I like the colorful leaves compared to the body.

@Fujoshi
I actually had that link, I just never added it to the OP. Thank you!

@Kent
That's a good idea. I'll go through the thread to see who mentioned they would be willing to give concrit and add the list to the OP.
I'm done with finals, so I can keep this thread alive more, yay.

@corvidus
Ooh, I like it! If I had a WC that fit I'd be all over it. Best of luck!

@Twelvewishes
Also nice! I like the colorful leaves compared to the body.

@Fujoshi
I actually had that link, I just never added it to the OP. Thank you!

@Kent
That's a good idea. I'll go through the thread to see who mentioned they would be willing to give concrit and add the list to the OP.
bsOo7ST.gifwe_rode_on_the_winds_of_the_rising_storm_by_c_yang-d68stu4.gif
595bwIn.png
@Labcoat while I'm not sure how good I am in giving concrit, I would love to see the stuff others are working on and be happy for a ping, so add me as well. :)
@Labcoat while I'm not sure how good I am in giving concrit, I would love to see the stuff others are working on and be happy for a ping, so add me as well. :)
/breathes life into thread

So, the Jubilee contest thread is up, what're everybody's entry plans?
/breathes life into thread

So, the Jubilee contest thread is up, what're everybody's entry plans?
595bwIn.png
^^^
^^^
595bwIn.png
Hey all, added a few new links to the OP!

Ornate Dusk/Dawn Speedpaint (Mags)
Autumn Celt Speedpaint (Pudi)
Newbie Tips and Tricks (Chee)
Hey all, added a few new links to the OP!

Ornate Dusk/Dawn Speedpaint (Mags)
Autumn Celt Speedpaint (Pudi)
Newbie Tips and Tricks (Chee)
595bwIn.png
@Seeker If you sell this pleassee let me know, I need a copy.
Anyways if you want the gold to look more brilliant when it's so thin the best thing to do is use the illusion of light. Make /shine/ source, usually the middle being the lightest almost white to the edges being darkest. Or which ever way you want the light to shine.
@Seeker If you sell this pleassee let me know, I need a copy.
Anyways if you want the gold to look more brilliant when it's so thin the best thing to do is use the illusion of light. Make /shine/ source, usually the middle being the lightest almost white to the edges being darkest. Or which ever way you want the light to shine.
Firstly two more helpful links!
Flight Symbol PS brushes (Farore)
Transparency Tutorial (Chee)

And I just realized, I never double checked the Concrit Pinglist!

@Twelvewishes, @Kent, @Pesticide, @Monako

Hey, you four mentioned that you would be willing to give concrit on WIPs if you were pinged. Is that still the case?

Firstly two more helpful links!
Flight Symbol PS brushes (Farore)
Transparency Tutorial (Chee)

And I just realized, I never double checked the Concrit Pinglist!

@Twelvewishes, @Kent, @Pesticide, @Monako

Hey, you four mentioned that you would be willing to give concrit on WIPs if you were pinged. Is that still the case?

595bwIn.png
@Labcoat yep! Also thank you for linking that transparency tutorial! I was struggling with this. :)
@Labcoat yep! Also thank you for linking that transparency tutorial! I was struggling with this. :)
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12 13