Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [GG] Cooking Contest!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I live in a popular tourist town so we have community markets several times a week (and every day around Christmas time). There's a lot of locally made cakes, jewellery, pottery, soaps and street food as well as a few local fruit and vegetable vendors. I don't go very often because it's a way to walk and the centre of town is very crowded but if I'm ever in town for something else I make sure to pick up as much fresh produce as I can!
I live in a popular tourist town so we have community markets several times a week (and every day around Christmas time). There's a lot of locally made cakes, jewellery, pottery, soaps and street food as well as a few local fruit and vegetable vendors. I don't go very often because it's a way to walk and the centre of town is very crowded but if I'm ever in town for something else I make sure to pick up as much fresh produce as I can!
Na5WGHa.png
Mini-challenge:

Yes, we go all the time! The one we currently frequent is in the parking lot of a popular shopping area. Last weekend, we got the best peaches I've ever had. It was also the end of strawberry season here, so we picked up a small basket. They also have a specialty meat vendor and a baker that we frequent, along with a couple other farms and a bunch of other specialty vendors.
Mini-challenge:

Yes, we go all the time! The one we currently frequent is in the parking lot of a popular shopping area. Last weekend, we got the best peaches I've ever had. It was also the end of strawberry season here, so we picked up a small basket. They also have a specialty meat vendor and a baker that we frequent, along with a couple other farms and a bunch of other specialty vendors.
OOF HubOOF RaffleArt MarketplaceIn-flight Raffle
[quote]Have you ever been to a farmer’s market or community market in your town? If you have, what was it like and what local specialties did you see? If you have not, use a search engine like Google to find the next one near you. When is it?[/quote] I have ! There's a local market every saturday morning. Our speciality is Galettes & Crèpes (thin french pancakes, with different types of flour) so we have three stands doing this. My favorite is the Sausage Galette (just the galette with a bit of tomato sauce and a juicy grilled sausage rolled in). That and some french fries and it's heaven. As for fruits & vegetables, we've got plenty of salads (lamb's lettuce is the best), potatoes and tomatoes. Apples are a must all season, but we're eating mainly apricots now. As for the mood, it's relaxed, everyone know each other (little town and all). As it's happening in the old city centre, the streets are cobbled and there's plenty of little cafés for people to meet and drink.
Quote:
Have you ever been to a farmer’s market or community market in your town? If you have, what was it like and what local specialties did you see? If you have not, use a search engine like Google to find the next one near you. When is it?

I have ! There's a local market every saturday morning. Our speciality is Galettes & Crèpes (thin french pancakes, with different types of flour) so we have three stands doing this. My favorite is the Sausage Galette (just the galette with a bit of tomato sauce and a juicy grilled sausage rolled in). That and some french fries and it's heaven.

As for fruits & vegetables, we've got plenty of salads (lamb's lettuce is the best), potatoes and tomatoes. Apples are a must all season, but we're eating mainly apricots now.

As for the mood, it's relaxed, everyone know each other (little town and all). As it's happening in the old city centre, the streets are cobbled and there's plenty of little cafés for people to meet and drink.
cxbFZBI.png
APPAREL HAUL - 42 / 102
3634.png22413.png
It's a delight to learn about all your various local markets! @MandragoraAutumn You can upload pictures of anything you made during the contest dates as long as it has your username/GG 2019 in the picture! Don't worry, there is a "Maki Roll" on the list of possible recipe choices. [emoji=spiral laughing size=1]
It's a delight to learn about all your various local markets!

@MandragoraAutumn
You can upload pictures of anything you made during the contest dates as long as it has your username/GG 2019 in the picture! Don't worry, there is a "Maki Roll" on the list of possible recipe choices.
1fTWTjV.png
I have been to my local farmer's market! They have a lot of good fresh vegetables and fruit during the summer, as well as items like pastries and cheeses, and some non-food handcrafted items. It's also a good place to get free-range, organic meat. The farmer's market is very popular and it's almost always crowded but everyone is friendly and chats with each other.
I have been to my local farmer's market! They have a lot of good fresh vegetables and fruit during the summer, as well as items like pastries and cheeses, and some non-food handcrafted items. It's also a good place to get free-range, organic meat. The farmer's market is very popular and it's almost always crowded but everyone is friendly and chats with each other.
VDwNYPe.png
We have a market in our town square every saturday from like 8 am till 12 - 13 pm.
I was there last week and looked around. There was a huge array of flowers which I totally loved <3, farmers also sell local produce like milk, egg and cheese. Not sure what else they would be selling there since I was kinda late to really look around. But it was beautiful!
We have a market in our town square every saturday from like 8 am till 12 - 13 pm.
I was there last week and looked around. There was a huge array of flowers which I totally loved <3, farmers also sell local produce like milk, egg and cheese. Not sure what else they would be selling there since I was kinda late to really look around. But it was beautiful!
my40phJ.pngYRz6M4x.pngvOp94Cw.png
[quote name="Tyta" date="2019-05-26 20:40:12" ] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/4hPORzW.png[/img][/center] [columns] [indent] [nextcol] [font=verdana][size=5]Happy Memorial Day Weekend to Americans, and Happy Greenskeeper Gathering to everyone. Time for a mini challenge! Have you ever been to a farmer’s market or community market in your town? If you have, what was it like and what local specialties did you see? If you have not, use a search engine like Google to find the next one near you. When is it? [nextcol] [indent] [/columns] [center][i](Open until Monday, May 27, 20:40 FR Time)[/i][/center] [/quote] there is a local market in town, hopefully starting up next month, there are normally fruit, veggy, and plants for sale as well as crafters, like soap, art, wood work, and hula hoops (she also makes fairy ears), sometimes local honey is for sale as well.
Tyta wrote on 2019-05-26 20:40:12:
4hPORzW.png
Happy Memorial Day Weekend to Americans, and Happy Greenskeeper Gathering to everyone. Time for a mini challenge!

Have you ever been to a farmer’s market or community market in your town? If you have, what was it like and what local specialties did you see? If you have not, use a search engine like Google to find the next one near you. When is it?

(Open until Monday, May 27, 20:40 FR Time)
there is a local market in town, hopefully starting up next month, there are normally fruit, veggy, and plants for sale as well as crafters, like soap, art, wood work, and hula hoops (she also makes fairy ears), sometimes local honey is for sale as well.
ocean_bow.gif
The first mini challenge is over, and the winner (randomly selected from those who responded) is @JinxMoonstone! Congrats! You've won: [center][item=creeping tendril][item=Gladewalker Cape][/center] The items will be mailed to you shortly.
The first mini challenge is over, and the winner (randomly selected from those who responded) is @JinxMoonstone! Congrats! You've won:
Creeping Tendril Gladewalker Cape

The items will be mailed to you shortly.
1fTWTjV.png
@3ctoplasm @Alastriona1 @avocado333 @RubieKanary @BlackRayser @Scatterspark @wingworm @Katsuokai @Korwa @Garbage227 @LadyOfTheSkies @Sarluna @Jaspernoir @Snek @MoonlitCacti @Rosie1450 @RugaQwarrcall @MandragoraAutumn @odakotarose @oldred100 @KnightYumi @bonstrosity @Sillette @Goldia @Cheshly @alyblaith

This is a courtesy ping; thank you for adding yourself to the Cooking Contest pinglist in the Event Hub. Greenskeeper Gathering is now almost halfway over, so make sure you have enough time to prepare a dish for this event if you're interested!
@3ctoplasm @Alastriona1 @avocado333 @RubieKanary @BlackRayser @Scatterspark @wingworm @Katsuokai @Korwa @Garbage227 @LadyOfTheSkies @Sarluna @Jaspernoir @Snek @MoonlitCacti @Rosie1450 @RugaQwarrcall @MandragoraAutumn @odakotarose @oldred100 @KnightYumi @bonstrosity @Sillette @Goldia @Cheshly @alyblaith

This is a courtesy ping; thank you for adding yourself to the Cooking Contest pinglist in the Event Hub. Greenskeeper Gathering is now almost halfway over, so make sure you have enough time to prepare a dish for this event if you're interested!
1fTWTjV.png
Ok, I've finally recovered from Catching dragons and had time to look at this list and get to the shops! So, there's several recipes I want to make on the list - can I submit more than one?!? Here's the first thing I made: [b]Bruschetta[/b] [img]https://i.imgur.com/5oNbOo0.png[/img] My version of it has an added 'secret' ingredient - avocado! I've been doing this for years, well before avocado got so trendy, and it adds a great twist. It's one of those lunches that doesn't really have quantities, you just make it up. You'll note from the photo below that I was in such a hurry to start eating I forgot to add my user name to the pic... there's a second photo at the bottom that shows that it is a current photo. [img]https://i.imgur.com/gbBVoxZ.png[/img] [b]Ingredients:[/b] 1 Turkish roll (or Ciabatta) 1 Tomato 1/2 Avocado Small amount of red onion Olive Oil Lemon Juice Salt and Pepper Herbs (as preferred, eg basil, parsley) Parmesan Cheese (optional) [b]Method:[/b] - Slice the roll in half horizontally, spray with (olive) oil, place on a baking tray and put in the oven at around 180°C. - Finely dice the tomato, avocado and red onion. - Place in a bowl with a dash of extra virgin olive oil, a squeeze of lemon juice, plenty of salt and pepper and some herbs, if you wish. Mix together. - Pull the tray out of the oven. The bread should be just warm and starting to get slightly toasty on the outside. Spread the bruschetta mix on top, sprinkle with cheese, if using (I put some on one half only, so you could see either version). - Place tray back in the oven until bruschetta's are warmed through. - Eat...nomnomnom. With username: [img]https://i.imgur.com/J0AQ8aPm.png[/img]
Ok, I've finally recovered from Catching dragons and had time to look at this list and get to the shops!

So, there's several recipes I want to make on the list - can I submit more than one?!?

Here's the first thing I made:
Bruschetta

5oNbOo0.png

My version of it has an added 'secret' ingredient - avocado! I've been doing this for years, well before avocado got so trendy, and it adds a great twist. It's one of those lunches that doesn't really have quantities, you just make it up.

You'll note from the photo below that I was in such a hurry to start eating I forgot to add my user name to the pic... there's a second photo at the bottom that shows that it is a current photo.

gbBVoxZ.png

Ingredients:
1 Turkish roll (or Ciabatta)
1 Tomato
1/2 Avocado
Small amount of red onion
Olive Oil
Lemon Juice
Salt and Pepper
Herbs (as preferred, eg basil, parsley)
Parmesan Cheese (optional)

Method:
- Slice the roll in half horizontally, spray with (olive) oil, place on a baking tray and put in the oven at around 180°C.
- Finely dice the tomato, avocado and red onion.
- Place in a bowl with a dash of extra virgin olive oil, a squeeze of lemon juice, plenty of salt and pepper and some herbs, if you wish. Mix together.
- Pull the tray out of the oven. The bread should be just warm and starting to get slightly toasty on the outside. Spread the bruschetta mix on top, sprinkle with cheese, if using (I put some on one half only, so you could see either version).
- Place tray back in the oven until bruschetta's are warmed through.
- Eat...nomnomnom.

With username:
J0AQ8aPm.png

Ink wash brush-style art of three red and gold Wildclaws performing a dragon dance with a green Auraboa puppet, with text for Nature's Year of the Wood Dragon push. D9tBovl.png w8o0xW1.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9