Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Just Go | COMPLETED Pinkerlocke
1 2 ... 42 43 44 45 46 ... 88 89
[size=1]I reject your reality and substitute my own [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52005702] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/520058/52005702_350.png[/img] [/url]
I reject your reality and substitute my own

52005702_350.png
Psst. Hey. Wanna buy some accents?
OOooooooOOOoooooOOOo I love shade shenanigans!!!

I don't entirely trust Sonance... Which breaks my heart because he is a) a child and b) the son of my favourite pair in this pinkerlocke!
OOooooooOOOoooooOOOo I love shade shenanigans!!!

I don't entirely trust Sonance... Which breaks my heart because he is a) a child and b) the son of my favourite pair in this pinkerlocke!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
No no no, it just means that you're doing an amazing job of writing these scenes with their intended emotion! Don't reign yourself in, you beautiful creature.
Also I'm. More than a little worried about what is going on with Eilian, oof. Poor Amosis-- her only surviving child can't show her any love in return, and uh... I'm more than a little worried about his eagerness to hunt.
No no no, it just means that you're doing an amazing job of writing these scenes with their intended emotion! Don't reign yourself in, you beautiful creature.
Also I'm. More than a little worried about what is going on with Eilian, oof. Poor Amosis-- her only surviving child can't show her any love in return, and uh... I'm more than a little worried about his eagerness to hunt.
astralDragonsHatchery_buttonrounded.png
@Petall

Did you mean Eilian by any chance? Sonance is the female spiral, born to Capricious and Blithe!
@Petall

Did you mean Eilian by any chance? Sonance is the female spiral, born to Capricious and Blithe!
Psst. Hey. Wanna buy some accents?
@Eversnow

Oh right, of course, silly me. I've been getting names mixed up!
@Eversnow

Oh right, of course, silly me. I've been getting names mixed up!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
Ehsan: Son do you want to play?[emoji=mirror love size=2] Eilian: No mother, I desire only the power to kill. For the power to end life is the only power that matters in this world. Soon all else will fail. Companionship shall wither, Truth will prove insufficient, and love will die. But I will live and continue on because I shall yield the power of death. Ehsan: [emoji=mirror scared size=2][emoji=mirror sad size=2]
Ehsan: Son do you want to play?

Eilian: No mother, I desire only the power to kill. For the power to end life is the only power that matters in this world. Soon all else will fail. Companionship shall wither, Truth will prove insufficient, and love will die. But I will live and continue on because I shall yield the power of death.

Ehsan:
[b][i]Day One Hundred Six:[/i][/b] Zunmonah kept a keen eye on Eilian as he stalked through the undergrowth. Ehsan had approached her that morning to ask if she could begin his training, and she had agreed. Even out on the road like this, she felt they had neglected teaching the youngest dragons proper hunting techniques. She wished she could have brought Bramble or Erebos along with them, but the Spiral was too preoccupied with the care of his new siblings and the Guardian still barely moved from wherever he was allowed to lay down. That was another problem entirely that they were discussing; after all, how exactly did one console a Guardian who had lost their Charge? Right now, however, she was focused on Eilian. She wasn’t terribly keen on losing him, not just because of what it would do to Amosis and Ehsan, but because she felt there was something… off about the hatchling that she couldn’t describe. When she had been laying out the basic rules of the hunt to him before they’d set off, she couldn’t help but notice the hunger deep in his dark eyes. It unsettled her. Or perhaps she was merely jumpy because of all the talk of the Shade that had been thrown about the camp lately. “Slower, Eilian; you’re disturbing the underbrush too much. Any prey would hear you a mile away,” Zunmonah called ahead, hardly needing her heat vision to track him through the bushes. He grunted some sort of affirmation and pinned his wings and crests in closer to his sides, continuing to practice his technique. Even with her nitpicking, she had to admit he was rather a natural at this. He hadn’t caught anything yet, but she wasn’t surprised; the bounty that they had experienced for the past couple of days would have died down by now. Today wasn’t about him actually catching anything, anyway. Even as the thought crossed her mind, a startled cheep echoed from ahead. Rushing forward, she saw Eilian crouched over a gold-throated sparrow, pinning it down to the ground expertly by its wings. He hadn’t moved to kill it, though, merely watching it squirm under his grasp. “Alright, hatchie, good job; now let it go-“ she started to say when he began to reach down with his teeth. “[i]Eilian[/i]-“ “[i]Hey![/i]” a foreign voice interrupted them and a pebble flew out of a nearby bush to peg the young Mirror right in the forehead. He hissed in surprise and reared back, releasing the sparrow. The bird shot off into the air toward the talking bush, disappearing briefly among its branches. It reappeared on the back of a glimmering green and pink Snapper, her green eyes boring into Eilian as he rubbed at his face. [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=35&bodygene=1&breed=9&element=10&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=160&tertgene=10&winggene=1&wings=31&auth=1d15ed7a0f184d24cf0ecce64cbd5b6b42ef0c15&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] “That’ll teach you to try and eat my Clarkia!” The sparrow chattered its irritation and Eilian frowned back at it. Zunmonah was more preoccupied with the Snapper, and eventually asked, “… Who are you?” The other dragon looked up at her and she boldly replied, “My name is Meirwen. And this is Clarkia. Who are you?” “I’m Zunmonah, and this is Eilian,” the older Mirror answered. “What are you doing out here?” Meirwen shrugged. “Out exploring the world. I couldn’t do that just sitting back in my old clan!” “I suppose that’s fair,” Zunmonah muttered. “And you’ve just been travelling on your own?...” “With Clarkia here,” she answered. “It hasn’t been so bad. I’ve met a few clans along the way that have helped me out. Is your clan nearby?” “Yes…” the mulberry Mirror answered slowly. “… We’ve been travelling ourselves, heading for the Tangled Wood.” “The Tangled Wood?” The young Snapper looked intrigued at this. “I’ve just been exploring my origin Flight’s territory and the Sunbeam Ruins so far… hadn’t gotten up the courage to go to the Wood yet.” “What’s so scary about the Wood?” Eilian asked. Zunmonah was surprised; he didn’t usually interject himself into conversations. “Nothing,” Meirwen answered defensively. “I’ve just heard it’s easy to get lost there because the Shadowbinder likes to change the forest to her whim rather than leave it to grow on its own.” Eilian clearly didn’t understand and simply blinked back at her, nonplussed. Zunmonah stood and motioned to them, saying, “Come, we should return to the others so you can meet them and ask about you joining us.” “Splendid,” Meirwen said brightly, shooting one last glare at Eilian before she clopped along behind Zunmonah. The older Mirror wondered briefly how surprised the others would be when they returned with the Snapper in tow. Then again, they may not be. It had become a rather common occurrence for them to stumble upon dragons out there in the wilds. ----- [item=gold-throated sparrow] You know, I just [i]knew[/i] Pinkerton was going to give me a familiar today. And did I brainstorm any ways to introduce a new dragon to prepare? Nope. Good job, me. Then again, when I read this description for the sparrow: [i]"Dragons who choose to bond gold-throated sparrows as familiars often have a difficult time keeping them out of the bellies of their clan-mates."[/i] I knew exactly what was gonna happen. Thank you helpful tooltips. And yeah, mechanically Meirwen's less than a day old, but I say "bluh" to writing in random hatchlings. There's only so much you can do with that. [size=2]Also low-key sad I didn't get a Gaoler, not gonna lie.[/size] Also, you bunch of sillies. Some of you forgot Amosis is our resident Father Pearl of Eilian and Ehsan is his mother xD. (I tease, you all are lovely.) Kinda goes to show that we're getting quite a large cast. Might have to think of doing a proper census here soon. ----- Inventory: Scatter Scroll x1, Breed Change x2 ----- @Weredogalism @Riff @Skulljester @AstralDragons @Petall @MisterMylez @BarbaraFett @PinkyDaPinkSlime @loser @OneRingOfPower @MagmaticMachine @Rosesinger @Eversnow @chewynoodles
Day One Hundred Six:

Zunmonah kept a keen eye on Eilian as he stalked through the undergrowth. Ehsan had approached her that morning to ask if she could begin his training, and she had agreed. Even out on the road like this, she felt they had neglected teaching the youngest dragons proper hunting techniques. She wished she could have brought Bramble or Erebos along with them, but the Spiral was too preoccupied with the care of his new siblings and the Guardian still barely moved from wherever he was allowed to lay down. That was another problem entirely that they were discussing; after all, how exactly did one console a Guardian who had lost their Charge?

Right now, however, she was focused on Eilian. She wasn’t terribly keen on losing him, not just because of what it would do to Amosis and Ehsan, but because she felt there was something… off about the hatchling that she couldn’t describe. When she had been laying out the basic rules of the hunt to him before they’d set off, she couldn’t help but notice the hunger deep in his dark eyes. It unsettled her. Or perhaps she was merely jumpy because of all the talk of the Shade that had been thrown about the camp lately.

“Slower, Eilian; you’re disturbing the underbrush too much. Any prey would hear you a mile away,” Zunmonah called ahead, hardly needing her heat vision to track him through the bushes. He grunted some sort of affirmation and pinned his wings and crests in closer to his sides, continuing to practice his technique. Even with her nitpicking, she had to admit he was rather a natural at this. He hadn’t caught anything yet, but she wasn’t surprised; the bounty that they had experienced for the past couple of days would have died down by now. Today wasn’t about him actually catching anything, anyway.

Even as the thought crossed her mind, a startled cheep echoed from ahead. Rushing forward, she saw Eilian crouched over a gold-throated sparrow, pinning it down to the ground expertly by its wings. He hadn’t moved to kill it, though, merely watching it squirm under his grasp.

“Alright, hatchie, good job; now let it go-“ she started to say when he began to reach down with his teeth. “Eilian-“

Hey!” a foreign voice interrupted them and a pebble flew out of a nearby bush to peg the young Mirror right in the forehead. He hissed in surprise and reared back, releasing the sparrow. The bird shot off into the air toward the talking bush, disappearing briefly among its branches. It reappeared on the back of a glimmering green and pink Snapper, her green eyes boring into Eilian as he rubbed at his face.
dragon?age=1&body=35&bodygene=1&breed=9&element=10&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=160&tertgene=10&winggene=1&wings=31&auth=1d15ed7a0f184d24cf0ecce64cbd5b6b42ef0c15&dummyext=prev.png
“That’ll teach you to try and eat my Clarkia!”

The sparrow chattered its irritation and Eilian frowned back at it. Zunmonah was more preoccupied with the Snapper, and eventually asked, “… Who are you?”

The other dragon looked up at her and she boldly replied, “My name is Meirwen. And this is Clarkia. Who are you?”

“I’m Zunmonah, and this is Eilian,” the older Mirror answered. “What are you doing out here?”

Meirwen shrugged. “Out exploring the world. I couldn’t do that just sitting back in my old clan!”

“I suppose that’s fair,” Zunmonah muttered. “And you’ve just been travelling on your own?...”

“With Clarkia here,” she answered. “It hasn’t been so bad. I’ve met a few clans along the way that have helped me out. Is your clan nearby?”

“Yes…” the mulberry Mirror answered slowly. “… We’ve been travelling ourselves, heading for the Tangled Wood.”

“The Tangled Wood?” The young Snapper looked intrigued at this. “I’ve just been exploring my origin Flight’s territory and the Sunbeam Ruins so far… hadn’t gotten up the courage to go to the Wood yet.”

“What’s so scary about the Wood?” Eilian asked. Zunmonah was surprised; he didn’t usually interject himself into conversations.

“Nothing,” Meirwen answered defensively. “I’ve just heard it’s easy to get lost there because the Shadowbinder likes to change the forest to her whim rather than leave it to grow on its own.”

Eilian clearly didn’t understand and simply blinked back at her, nonplussed. Zunmonah stood and motioned to them, saying, “Come, we should return to the others so you can meet them and ask about you joining us.”

“Splendid,” Meirwen said brightly, shooting one last glare at Eilian before she clopped along behind Zunmonah. The older Mirror wondered briefly how surprised the others would be when they returned with the Snapper in tow.

Then again, they may not be. It had become a rather common occurrence for them to stumble upon dragons out there in the wilds.
Gold-Throated Sparrow
You know, I just knew Pinkerton was going to give me a familiar today. And did I brainstorm any ways to introduce a new dragon to prepare? Nope. Good job, me.
Then again, when I read this description for the sparrow:
"Dragons who choose to bond gold-throated sparrows as familiars often have a difficult time keeping them out of the bellies of their clan-mates."
I knew exactly what was gonna happen. Thank you helpful tooltips.
And yeah, mechanically Meirwen's less than a day old, but I say "bluh" to writing in random hatchlings. There's only so much you can do with that.
Also low-key sad I didn't get a Gaoler, not gonna lie.

Also, you bunch of sillies. Some of you forgot Amosis is our resident Father Pearl of Eilian and Ehsan is his mother xD. (I tease, you all are lovely.) Kinda goes to show that we're getting quite a large cast. Might have to think of doing a proper census here soon.
Inventory: Scatter Scroll x1, Breed Change x2
@Weredogalism @Riff @Skulljester @AstralDragons @Petall @MisterMylez @BarbaraFett @PinkyDaPinkSlime @loser @OneRingOfPower @MagmaticMachine @Rosesinger @Eversnow @chewynoodles
@/Eversnow Oh yeah, I wanted to comment on how gorgeous Clarion is! I'm glad she's found a good home~.
@/Eversnow Oh yeah, I wanted to comment on how gorgeous Clarion is! I'm glad she's found a good home~.
First off, what an excellent use of the tooltip! I love it when pulls work well with the story, though that hasn't exactly happened for me yet!

Second off, I love love love that the new girl's name is Meirwen, because it reminds me of my very first pinkerlocke! (Which is also ironic because I was just thinking as I was looking at her how much she reminded me of Susan from The Paths We Wander!) I think I'm really going to like Meirwen! Who am I kidding, I absolutely adore all of your characters!!! I'm sure Meirwen will be no different!
First off, what an excellent use of the tooltip! I love it when pulls work well with the story, though that hasn't exactly happened for me yet!

Second off, I love love love that the new girl's name is Meirwen, because it reminds me of my very first pinkerlocke! (Which is also ironic because I was just thinking as I was looking at her how much she reminded me of Susan from The Paths We Wander!) I think I'm really going to like Meirwen! Who am I kidding, I absolutely adore all of your characters!!! I'm sure Meirwen will be no different!
Whoops my bad.

Yes the cast is getting quite big though.
Whoops my bad.

Yes the cast is getting quite big though.
1 2 ... 42 43 44 45 46 ... 88 89