Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Just Go | COMPLETED Pinkerlocke
1 2 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 88 89
OH MY GOODNESS WHAT A GOOD FIND!!!

I love this snapper girl! I'm way to call her my favourite because it was literally right after I called Galio my favourite that he fell, so I'll keep my mouth shut. I can't wait to learn more about her!

I love the way you described the journey through the storm, I could really feel the disorientation and nastiness of it all, as well as the peace and relief of finding safety!
OH MY GOODNESS WHAT A GOOD FIND!!!

I love this snapper girl! I'm way to call her my favourite because it was literally right after I called Galio my favourite that he fell, so I'll keep my mouth shut. I can't wait to learn more about her!

I love the way you described the journey through the storm, I could really feel the disorientation and nastiness of it all, as well as the peace and relief of finding safety!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
Galio is gone for good... [emoji=coatl sad size=2] and the baby is NOT funny *cough cough Pink* (but multi-glaze? thats pretty lucky!)
Galio is gone for good... and the baby is NOT funny *cough cough Pink* (but multi-glaze? thats pretty lucky!)
Tremayne is SUPER CUTE!

and also a super lucky snipe!
Tremayne is SUPER CUTE!

and also a super lucky snipe!
Another excellent plot development! :D
Another excellent plot development! :D
[b][i]Day Eighty Eight:[/i][/b] The senior dragons spent the day out searching all the area around the cave for the lost Spiral. At one point, Baines had reappeared to deliver Gustav, who he had found floating in the sea. The duskflapper was alive, but just barely. He was put in Amosis’s care, since the Pearlcatcher had begun to learn healing magic from Capricious. Ehsan spent the time teaching their youngest clan members while Bladebeak watched from afar, allegedly drowsing. Tremayne sat nearby, observing in their odd, curious way, attentive of every word Ehsan spoke. Amosis wished he had a chance to talk to Ehsan, but not only was she currently wrapped up in the hatchlings’ education, she seemed to be avoiding him to some extent. She would speak to him in brief moments, but then find an excuse to leave. Guiltily, he figured he knew why. He hadn’t meant to sound cross with her the previous day, but at the time, he’d been so scared… He glanced up at movement out of the corner of his eye and saw Ehsan approaching him. “How is he doing?” she asked, motioning to the duskflapper before him. He didn’t miss the fact that she wouldn’t meet his eyes. “He’s doing better,” he murmured, gently laying down the wing he had been holding so he could treat the bruising underneath. Then he ventured to ask, “Are you… alright?” She glanced up at his face for a brief moment and shrugged. “Well enough,” was the short answer she gave. “Wait, Ehsan,” he stopped her before she could walk away again, and she froze. “I- I wanted to apologize… for yesterday.” This made her turn back toward him and he swallowed, looking down at the pearl between his feet. “I’m… glad you caught my pearl. I didn’t mean to sound… ungrateful.” “… I guess I was just… surprised… when you got angry,” she mumbled, and he winced. “I wasn’t angry, just…” he sighed, closing his eyes. Then he repeated the words he’d yelled at her yesterday, though with much more calm. “You should have let it fall.” “It’s your [i]pearl[/i], Amosis,” she said back, appalled. “I may not be a Pearlcatcher, but I know what it is. It’s your memories, dreams, wishes. I couldn’t let you lose it!” “I would rather lose it than-“ he swallowed again, ducking his head to run his claws through his mane. “Than… you.” He didn’t dare look up at her face, instead busying himself with organizing the herbs he’d been using. He thought he heard her move, but Bladebeak’s booming voice interrupted them. “OI! I ain’t playground equipment and you’re WAY too big t’ be climbin’ on me you OAF!” the Ridgeback snarled, snapping her jaws a harmless distance from Erebos’s hindquarters, but still getting her point across. “EHSAN! Come control these young things!” The Mirror let out a sigh and she exchanged an exasperated glance with Amosis, which he couldn’t hold. Instead, he quickly looked down at his pearl again and let her walk away. They didn’t have a chance to speak with each other again that day outside of wrangling the younger dragons and keeping them occupied so they didn’t harass Bladebeak or the Raptorik, Serhat, who had returned from his scavenging with baskets full of plants and wild vegetables. “No! Pesky beast!” he snapped at Bree when the zeeba got too curious, waving her away. “For you not. For Seeing One. Shoo!” “She may have some,” Tremayne informed him, also motioning toward Cinderhoof who was coiled by his dragon handler. “That one too. I’ve already had fish.” Serhat eyed the ophiotaurus warily and the creature eyed his baskets in turn. Amosis didn’t blame him for his apprehension; Cinderhoof could only be considered definitively smaller than Bladebeak herself, which though comparable to Tigress, he did not share the Foo’s mild nature. Serhat, on the other hand, was hardly as big as his hatchling charge. The others finally returned once it had grown dark outside. They all looked weary beyond physical exhaustion, and slumped to their dens wordlessly. They were also very much empty clawed. Amosis watched them from his den, having gone to settle down early that day. Not that he was sleeping, though he wished he could. Now realizing they had lost yet another member, his mind reeled with a sadness that no matter how hard he squeezed his eyes shut, he couldn’t will it away. After everything had been quiet outside his den for some time and the fire had been allowed to burn down low, Amosis heard quiet footfalls approaching. When they stopped in front of his hollow, he lifted his head to see who it was. Ehsan shuffled when he looked at her and spoke when he froze. “May I… sleep here tonight? I don’t want to be… alone.” He couldn’t form words, but he willed himself to shift to the side so there was space enough for her. She slipped in, turning around neatly and settling down next to him so her back was pressed up to his side. They didn’t speak and he didn’t dare move lest he disturb her. Some time passed and her breathing evened out in sleep, and it wasn’t long before he drifted off as well, lulled by her warmth. ----- [item=searing jackalope pelt] I literally finished this at rollover [i]lol[/i]. I got so wrapped up in another project I almost COMPLETELY forgot to post. Yikes. Anyway, so this is a thing now. I hope there's enough fluff in this update to offset the sad. ----- Inventory: Scatter Scroll x1, Breed Change x1 ----- @Weredogalism @Riff @Skulljester @AstralDragons @Petall @MisterMylez @BarbaraFett @PinkyDaPinkSlime @loser @OneRingOfPower @MagmaticMachine @Rosesinger @Eversnow (I totally posted just before rollover and added all the content and pings after, so. I hope all the pings go through asdklfadlf.)
Day Eighty Eight:

The senior dragons spent the day out searching all the area around the cave for the lost Spiral. At one point, Baines had reappeared to deliver Gustav, who he had found floating in the sea. The duskflapper was alive, but just barely. He was put in Amosis’s care, since the Pearlcatcher had begun to learn healing magic from Capricious. Ehsan spent the time teaching their youngest clan members while Bladebeak watched from afar, allegedly drowsing. Tremayne sat nearby, observing in their odd, curious way, attentive of every word Ehsan spoke.

Amosis wished he had a chance to talk to Ehsan, but not only was she currently wrapped up in the hatchlings’ education, she seemed to be avoiding him to some extent. She would speak to him in brief moments, but then find an excuse to leave. Guiltily, he figured he knew why. He hadn’t meant to sound cross with her the previous day, but at the time, he’d been so scared…

He glanced up at movement out of the corner of his eye and saw Ehsan approaching him.

“How is he doing?” she asked, motioning to the duskflapper before him. He didn’t miss the fact that she wouldn’t meet his eyes.

“He’s doing better,” he murmured, gently laying down the wing he had been holding so he could treat the bruising underneath. Then he ventured to ask, “Are you… alright?”

She glanced up at his face for a brief moment and shrugged. “Well enough,” was the short answer she gave.

“Wait, Ehsan,” he stopped her before she could walk away again, and she froze. “I- I wanted to apologize… for yesterday.” This made her turn back toward him and he swallowed, looking down at the pearl between his feet. “I’m… glad you caught my pearl. I didn’t mean to sound… ungrateful.”

“… I guess I was just… surprised… when you got angry,” she mumbled, and he winced.

“I wasn’t angry, just…” he sighed, closing his eyes. Then he repeated the words he’d yelled at her yesterday, though with much more calm. “You should have let it fall.”

“It’s your pearl, Amosis,” she said back, appalled. “I may not be a Pearlcatcher, but I know what it is. It’s your memories, dreams, wishes. I couldn’t let you lose it!”

“I would rather lose it than-“ he swallowed again, ducking his head to run his claws through his mane. “Than… you.”

He didn’t dare look up at her face, instead busying himself with organizing the herbs he’d been using. He thought he heard her move, but Bladebeak’s booming voice interrupted them.

“OI! I ain’t playground equipment and you’re WAY too big t’ be climbin’ on me you OAF!” the Ridgeback snarled, snapping her jaws a harmless distance from Erebos’s hindquarters, but still getting her point across. “EHSAN! Come control these young things!”

The Mirror let out a sigh and she exchanged an exasperated glance with Amosis, which he couldn’t hold. Instead, he quickly looked down at his pearl again and let her walk away.

They didn’t have a chance to speak with each other again that day outside of wrangling the younger dragons and keeping them occupied so they didn’t harass Bladebeak or the Raptorik, Serhat, who had returned from his scavenging with baskets full of plants and wild vegetables.

“No! Pesky beast!” he snapped at Bree when the zeeba got too curious, waving her away. “For you not. For Seeing One. Shoo!”

“She may have some,” Tremayne informed him, also motioning toward Cinderhoof who was coiled by his dragon handler. “That one too. I’ve already had fish.”

Serhat eyed the ophiotaurus warily and the creature eyed his baskets in turn. Amosis didn’t blame him for his apprehension; Cinderhoof could only be considered definitively smaller than Bladebeak herself, which though comparable to Tigress, he did not share the Foo’s mild nature. Serhat, on the other hand, was hardly as big as his hatchling charge.

The others finally returned once it had grown dark outside. They all looked weary beyond physical exhaustion, and slumped to their dens wordlessly. They were also very much empty clawed. Amosis watched them from his den, having gone to settle down early that day. Not that he was sleeping, though he wished he could. Now realizing they had lost yet another member, his mind reeled with a sadness that no matter how hard he squeezed his eyes shut, he couldn’t will it away.

After everything had been quiet outside his den for some time and the fire had been allowed to burn down low, Amosis heard quiet footfalls approaching. When they stopped in front of his hollow, he lifted his head to see who it was.

Ehsan shuffled when he looked at her and spoke when he froze. “May I… sleep here tonight? I don’t want to be… alone.”

He couldn’t form words, but he willed himself to shift to the side so there was space enough for her. She slipped in, turning around neatly and settling down next to him so her back was pressed up to his side.

They didn’t speak and he didn’t dare move lest he disturb her. Some time passed and her breathing evened out in sleep, and it wasn’t long before he drifted off as well, lulled by her warmth.
Searing Jackalope Pelt
I literally finished this at rollover lol. I got so wrapped up in another project I almost COMPLETELY forgot to post. Yikes.

Anyway, so this is a thing now. I hope there's enough fluff in this update to offset the sad.
Inventory: Scatter Scroll x1, Breed Change x1
@Weredogalism @Riff @Skulljester @AstralDragons @Petall @MisterMylez @BarbaraFett @PinkyDaPinkSlime @loser @OneRingOfPower @MagmaticMachine @Rosesinger @Eversnow

(I totally posted just before rollover and added all the content and pings after, so. I hope all the pings go through asdklfadlf.)
[b][i]Day Eighty Nine:[/i][/b] [center][item=cobra snakehead] Rolled Ehsan, Clarion, and Amosis. Went 40 battles without a single hitch. Was kinda worried having two mages on the team since I used to struggle with the build in the past, but everything actually went very smoothly. I'm glad. I can use the breather. Clarion reached level 5. Amosis is now level 6. Additonally, they got: [item=date plumed corsage] ----- Inventory: Scatter Scroll x1, Breed Change x1 ----- @Weredogalism @Riff @Skulljester @AstralDragons @Petall @MisterMylez @BarbaraFett @PinkyDaPinkSlime @loser @OneRingOfPower @MagmaticMachine @Rosesinger @Eversnow If you missed yesterday's post, I actually posted it very late! (Only a little over an hour before this one, [i]lol[/i].) If you didn't get pinged for it because of my panic posting, I'm sorry! If you got double pinged/weirdly pinged, also sorry!
Day Eighty Nine:
Cobra Snakehead
Rolled Ehsan, Clarion, and Amosis.

Went 40 battles without a single hitch. Was kinda worried having two mages on the team since I used to struggle with the build in the past, but everything actually went very smoothly. I'm glad. I can use the breather.

Clarion reached level 5.
Amosis is now level 6.
Additonally, they got:
Date Plumed Corsage
@Weredogalism @Riff @Skulljester @AstralDragons @Petall @MisterMylez @BarbaraFett @PinkyDaPinkSlime @loser @OneRingOfPower @MagmaticMachine @Rosesinger @Eversnow

If you missed yesterday's post, I actually posted it very late! (Only a little over an hour before this one, lol.) If you didn't get pinged for it because of my panic posting, I'm sorry! If you got double pinged/weirdly pinged, also sorry!
WELP. New ship time! I’m glad for the fluff, even though I’m still sad about Galio. I’m glad his familiar survived, too ;;;
Also you’re all good!! I just got two pings and I was like ??? AYY TWO UPDATES
WELP. New ship time! I’m glad for the fluff, even though I’m still sad about Galio. I’m glad his familiar survived, too ;;;
Also you’re all good!! I just got two pings and I was like ??? AYY TWO UPDATES
astralDragonsHatchery_buttonrounded.png
AAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaa

Now that Galio isn't around anymore, that means no more love triangle! I ahsip it so hard!

Also, Bladebeak is so precious!!! Her line about playground equipment made me laugh so hard!
AAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaa

Now that Galio isn't around anymore, that means no more love triangle! I ahsip it so hard!

Also, Bladebeak is so precious!!! Her line about playground equipment made me laugh so hard!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
it has sailed.
it has sailed.
8BSeJPmyIO3z8AAAAASUVORK5CYII.png
Pinkerlocke? Not now, but one day...
[b][i]Day Ninety:[/i][/b] [center][item=white linen leg wraps] SWEET DRAGON GODS, PINKERTON, I JUST CONFIRMED AMOSIS AND EHSAN AS A COUPLE YESTERDAY. NOW I GOTTA EXPLAIN THIS: [img]http://flightrising.com/images/nests/5/2healthy_0dead.png[/img] Blithe and Capricious are not ready to breed yet, so I couldn't even breed them... again. I swear, Pinkerton knows. He [i]knows[/i]. And I swear he's the most aggressive shipper on Flight Rising, oml- .... wait. [i]Wait[/i]. [size=2][s]IS THAT WHY YOU KILLED OFF GALIO YOU SON OF A- I WASN'T EVEN GOING TO PAIR HIM WITH EHSAN, IT WAS JUST D R A M A.[/s][/size] This Pinkerlocke has been such a strange, strange strange experience. EDIT: I did actually make an adjustment to the saving throws. Hopefully they add a little more balance and we're not losing dragons every week anymore. ----- Inventory: Scatter Scroll x1, Breed Change x1 ----- @Weredogalism @Riff @Skulljester @AstralDragons @Petall @MisterMylez @BarbaraFett @PinkyDaPinkSlime @loser @OneRingOfPower @MagmaticMachine @Rosesinger @Eversnow
Day Ninety:
White Linen Leg Wraps
SWEET DRAGON GODS, PINKERTON, I JUST CONFIRMED AMOSIS AND EHSAN AS A COUPLE YESTERDAY.
NOW I GOTTA EXPLAIN THIS:
2healthy_0dead.png

Blithe and Capricious are not ready to breed yet, so I couldn't even breed them... again.
I swear, Pinkerton knows. He knows. And I swear he's the most aggressive shipper on Flight Rising, oml-

.... wait. Wait.
IS THAT WHY YOU KILLED OFF GALIO YOU SON OF A-
I WASN'T EVEN GOING TO PAIR HIM WITH EHSAN, IT WAS JUST D R A M A.

This Pinkerlocke has been such a strange, strange strange experience.

EDIT: I did actually make an adjustment to the saving throws. Hopefully they add a little more balance and we're not losing dragons every week anymore.
1 2 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 88 89