NOOOOOOOOOOOO
GOD NOT AGAIN **** UGHHHH
F
F
F
astralDragonsHatchery_buttonrounded.png
rip galio
rip galio
tumblr_inline_naxjlrHYbk1qg78ij.png tumblr_pi915zLYQl1s80v72o1_100.png tumblr_pi915zLYQl1s80v72o4_100.png
NNNoooooooOOOOOOOOOooooooOOOOOOOOoooo Not my windy boy!!!!!! [emoji=spiral scared size=2] I reallly shouldn't be taking in new dragons right now but my heart can't take it, I'll take him!
NNNoooooooOOOOOOOOOooooooOOOOOOOOoooo Not my windy boy!!!!!!

I reallly shouldn't be taking in new dragons right now but my heart can't take it, I'll take him!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
That's tragic. I've seen this be a problem with many pinkerlockes actually. Do you think it would be better if you separated your dragons with teirs? Like Lvs. 1-10 can't go out with 11-20 and you roll to see what teir goes on a battle day? (I know you said no more rule changes but this seems like a balance problem).
That's tragic. I've seen this be a problem with many pinkerlockes actually. Do you think it would be better if you separated your dragons with teirs? Like Lvs. 1-10 can't go out with 11-20 and you roll to see what teir goes on a battle day? (I know you said no more rule changes but this seems like a balance problem).
@Rosesinger Oh, I hadn't thought of tiers. Then again, I thought that setting up those saving throw chances would help, but... so far, they really haven't. Maybe I should just adjust the chances for that, since I'm realizing how low it is? Familiar saving throws seem to work as intended (despite Gustav's failure here), but the saving throws for the dragons is starting to feel pointless. I mean, there's bad luck, but I kinda feel like we've gone beyond that by this point... hm.
I might try adjusting the saving throws first, since it's obviously not protecting dragons that are level 4-9ish as intended. I don't want to go overboard though and make it too easy... but to be fair, all of this has kinda been an experiment anyway.
@Rosesinger Oh, I hadn't thought of tiers. Then again, I thought that setting up those saving throw chances would help, but... so far, they really haven't. Maybe I should just adjust the chances for that, since I'm realizing how low it is? Familiar saving throws seem to work as intended (despite Gustav's failure here), but the saving throws for the dragons is starting to feel pointless. I mean, there's bad luck, but I kinda feel like we've gone beyond that by this point... hm.
I might try adjusting the saving throws first, since it's obviously not protecting dragons that are level 4-9ish as intended. I don't want to go overboard though and make it too easy... but to be fair, all of this has kinda been an experiment anyway.
Nooo, not noodle boy.... he just got here ;-;
Nooo, not noodle boy.... he just got here ;-;
8BSeJPmyIO3z8AAAAASUVORK5CYII.png
Pinkerlocke? Not now, but one day...
D: poor Galio... hope he gets a good home! Also, I can understand you troubles with the RNG.
D: poor Galio... hope he gets a good home! Also, I can understand you troubles with the RNG.
I wish you luck with your mechanic tinkering! Find that challenging but fair fine spot!

(Also out of curiosity does anyone know of a pinkerlocke lvl. 25? I'm thinking of doing a Locke myself but I want to gauge the practicality of it. I might just start a thread in dragonshare to find out).
I wish you luck with your mechanic tinkering! Find that challenging but fair fine spot!

(Also out of curiosity does anyone know of a pinkerlocke lvl. 25? I'm thinking of doing a Locke myself but I want to gauge the practicality of it. I might just start a thread in dragonshare to find out).
[b][i]Day Eighty Seven:[/i][/b] The storm around them continued to grow in intensity. Blithe and Capricious had to come down from their soaring to cluster with the rest of the party under Bladebeak’s broad wings. Having been driven up onto the ridge lining the beach by the rising water, it was the only shelter they had for miles for the hatchlings. The Ridgeback had assured them that she hardly felt the storm, but as the rain drove down on them and the sky blackened and the thunder began to sound, even she was beginning to draw into herself anxiously. After a while, her wings grew less and less effective to block the smallest of their group from the elements. Capricious had to hunker down over their hatchlings as all three clung to Erebos’s back, the Guardian having already grown enough in the past week to carry all three of them. Blithe quietly commended him for his endurance as he determinedly continued to put one claw in front of the other. Between the roaring of the wind, the rain, and the waves below, conversation was impossible; not that any of them could spare the energy that it took simply to move forward. Blithe kept noticing Baines glancing back over the miserable group though he couldn’t discern his expression through the pelting rain. He could imagine it though; mouth drawn in a grim line and brows furrowed in apprehension. Their situation was quickly turning dire; the storm was only getting worse, and there was no way they would withstand it without shelter. The lightning soon became their only source of light, its frequent strikes illuminating the world around them in violent bursts before leaving them blind. Blithe had to pull his wings in and weave himself in with his fellows lest the wind sweep him away; great [i]Shadowbinder [/i]it was strong! Suddenly Baines was gripping him by the arms, and a flash of lightning showed the Spiral his face in bright relief for a moment. “There is a cave! Ahead, there! In the cliffs!” he yelled through the storm, and though they were pressed against each other, Blithe could barely hear him. The Shadow dragon managed to follow his light-colored claw in a moment of quiet in the lightning, and a sudden flash gave him a glimpse of an impression in the rocks below. It was closer to the turning water, but it was better than being exposed on the top of the cliffs as they were. “Bladebeak!” Blithe called at the top of his lungs, twisting himself around the Ridgeback’s neck. Whether it was his words or movement that alerted her, he wasn’t sure, but she looked back to him. He pointed and said simply, “Cave!” She seemed to understand because her head snapped forward and she scanned the cliffs before she also saw the outcropping. “CAVE!” she bellowed in turn, her voice as loud as the thunder and thus alerting the others. The group quickened their pace, all of them eager to get to the natural shelter. Blithe whipped his way back to Erebos, determined to keep an eye on his hatchlings. He refused to lose any of them in this. The Guardian didn’t protest as he clung to his side, though Blithe did notice him glancing back at Clarion to make sure she was still there every so often. They slowed when they came to the cliff’s edge. The cave was only a quick jaunt down from the ridge, but the way down was steeper than anticipated and slick with rain. It looked perilous, but it was their only option. “Bladebeak! You’ll have to go first!” Baines could barely be heard above the cacophony around them. “What? Why me?!” she snapped back quite clearly. “Because if you slid down into any of us, you’d crush us!” Zunmonah snapped back, though still not as loudly as the Ridgeback. The larger dragon huffed, but carefully made her way down onto the ledge. It was a terrifying experience. It seemed like a short walk when they could see it, but it felt like they were on that ledge for an eternity, barely able to see the dragon in front or behind them. Amosis was the only one Blithe could make out in the dim, his white scales reflecting the most light in the darkness. Suddenly, the Pearlcatcher gave a lurch and another white object bounced out toward the Sea. A bolt of light revealed it to be Amosis’s pearl, but the image Blithe saw after it made his heart stop. Ehsan had leapt to catch the jewel, exposing herself to the elements. Amosis reached out to grab onto her and darkness fell on them. Blithe waited with baited breath until another flash revealed them both collapsed on the path in front of them in a tangle. The Spiral could discern Capricious’s keening as they both right themselves and continued onward. “Are you alright?!” Blithe tried to call out to them. Amosis seemed to yell something, but to Ehsan rather than back at him, so they must not have heard. Finally, the group made it to the outcropping. Unfortunately, it proved little more than that. Even with all of them packed in toward the wall, the rain still came in with the massive gusts of wind. Before they could decide what to do next, however, the rock wall that made up the back suddenly began to move. They all stared in bewilderment, too exhausted to do anything else. Suddenly, a Raptorik dressed in travelling garb appeared from what seemed to be a large doorway. “You stay here, cannot,” he clicked, motioning to the company. “Must go in. Follow.” He turned and disappeared inside while the dragons sat frozen in confusion. After a moment the Raptorik reappeared, looking annoyed. “Deaf, you? Come! Follow! Quick!” The first to move was Bree, who snorted and promptly trotted off after the Raptorik. Capricious’s fins flapped in confusion and she followed the zeeba, triggering the others to do the same. The large door led into a larger cavern, the walls rough as if they had been newly dug. There were hollows leading off of the main cavern, spaces enough for all of them and appropriately sized for their comfort. The most confusing of all, however, was the small Snapper hatchling sitting serenely at the back of the room waiting patiently for them. [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=146&bodygene=4&breed=9&element=1&eyetype=5&gender=0&tert=75&tertgene=7&winggene=6&wings=59&auth=247a714b3c32a84eac25cdee1c543ba3089b24ae&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] “Hello,” they greeted them calmly. “I’m Tremayne. Glad to finally meet you.” “I’m sorry- what?” Bladebeak muttered, squinting at the Snapper before them. Two brown eyes blinked back at her; then a third, then a fourth, and a fifth. That was when Blithe realized what unsettled him the most about the stranger sitting before them; their body was [i]lined [/i]with eyes, from head to tail. Bladebeak seemed to notice in the same instant because she reared back spouting curses. Tremayne took on an expression of pity and most of the eyes closed. “I’m sorry; I didn’t mean to alarm you. I’m not going to hurt anyone, I promise. I wanted to save you.” “You-“ Baines spluttered, giving a shake of his head. “Saved us?” “Well… I did what I could, but I couldn’t quite save… everyone,” the Snapper answered, their gaze falling to the ground. There was a few seconds of silence before Ehsan quietly spoke up from the back of the group. “Where’s Galio?” ----- [item=raptorik herder] I AM SO CONFUSED RIGHT NOW. I DON'T. KNOW WHAT. TO [i]THINK[/i]. I aM BroKeN wHAt JusT hAPPenED- In any case I was inspired to write at 3am because WHAT. [i]WHAT.[/i] [b][i]WHAT.[/i][/b] To be clear, they were only 5000t. I [i]did[/i] check to see if that was a mistake, but there are actually a lot of low priced Multi-Gazes??? I guess I hadn't realized they weren't that expensive. Anyway, I had bought them before even realizing they were a Multi. I only noticed when I went to attach their familiar and I saw an EYE on their ARM. What. Also, Tremayne was the first name suggestion I got from RNG. Guess what it friggin' means in Celtic. "From the town encircled by stone." Well, um. Anyway. I'm gonna go... process... my life. ----- Inventory: Scatter Scroll x1, Breed Change x1 ----- @Weredogalism @Riff @Skulljester @AstralDragons @Petall @MisterMylez @BarbaraFett @PinkyDaPinkSlime @loser @OneRingOfPower @MagmaticMachine @Rosesinger @Eversnow
Day Eighty Seven:

The storm around them continued to grow in intensity. Blithe and Capricious had to come down from their soaring to cluster with the rest of the party under Bladebeak’s broad wings. Having been driven up onto the ridge lining the beach by the rising water, it was the only shelter they had for miles for the hatchlings. The Ridgeback had assured them that she hardly felt the storm, but as the rain drove down on them and the sky blackened and the thunder began to sound, even she was beginning to draw into herself anxiously. After a while, her wings grew less and less effective to block the smallest of their group from the elements. Capricious had to hunker down over their hatchlings as all three clung to Erebos’s back, the Guardian having already grown enough in the past week to carry all three of them. Blithe quietly commended him for his endurance as he determinedly continued to put one claw in front of the other. Between the roaring of the wind, the rain, and the waves below, conversation was impossible; not that any of them could spare the energy that it took simply to move forward.

Blithe kept noticing Baines glancing back over the miserable group though he couldn’t discern his expression through the pelting rain. He could imagine it though; mouth drawn in a grim line and brows furrowed in apprehension. Their situation was quickly turning dire; the storm was only getting worse, and there was no way they would withstand it without shelter.

The lightning soon became their only source of light, its frequent strikes illuminating the world around them in violent bursts before leaving them blind. Blithe had to pull his wings in and weave himself in with his fellows lest the wind sweep him away; great Shadowbinder it was strong! Suddenly Baines was gripping him by the arms, and a flash of lightning showed the Spiral his face in bright relief for a moment.

“There is a cave! Ahead, there! In the cliffs!” he yelled through the storm, and though they were pressed against each other, Blithe could barely hear him. The Shadow dragon managed to follow his light-colored claw in a moment of quiet in the lightning, and a sudden flash gave him a glimpse of an impression in the rocks below. It was closer to the turning water, but it was better than being exposed on the top of the cliffs as they were.

“Bladebeak!” Blithe called at the top of his lungs, twisting himself around the Ridgeback’s neck. Whether it was his words or movement that alerted her, he wasn’t sure, but she looked back to him. He pointed and said simply, “Cave!”

She seemed to understand because her head snapped forward and she scanned the cliffs before she also saw the outcropping.

“CAVE!” she bellowed in turn, her voice as loud as the thunder and thus alerting the others. The group quickened their pace, all of them eager to get to the natural shelter. Blithe whipped his way back to Erebos, determined to keep an eye on his hatchlings. He refused to lose any of them in this. The Guardian didn’t protest as he clung to his side, though Blithe did notice him glancing back at Clarion to make sure she was still there every so often.

They slowed when they came to the cliff’s edge. The cave was only a quick jaunt down from the ridge, but the way down was steeper than anticipated and slick with rain. It looked perilous, but it was their only option.

“Bladebeak! You’ll have to go first!” Baines could barely be heard above the cacophony around them.

“What? Why me?!” she snapped back quite clearly.

“Because if you slid down into any of us, you’d crush us!” Zunmonah snapped back, though still not as loudly as the Ridgeback. The larger dragon huffed, but carefully made her way down onto the ledge.

It was a terrifying experience. It seemed like a short walk when they could see it, but it felt like they were on that ledge for an eternity, barely able to see the dragon in front or behind them. Amosis was the only one Blithe could make out in the dim, his white scales reflecting the most light in the darkness. Suddenly, the Pearlcatcher gave a lurch and another white object bounced out toward the Sea. A bolt of light revealed it to be Amosis’s pearl, but the image Blithe saw after it made his heart stop. Ehsan had leapt to catch the jewel, exposing herself to the elements. Amosis reached out to grab onto her and darkness fell on them. Blithe waited with baited breath until another flash revealed them both collapsed on the path in front of them in a tangle. The Spiral could discern Capricious’s keening as they both right themselves and continued onward.

“Are you alright?!” Blithe tried to call out to them. Amosis seemed to yell something, but to Ehsan rather than back at him, so they must not have heard.

Finally, the group made it to the outcropping. Unfortunately, it proved little more than that. Even with all of them packed in toward the wall, the rain still came in with the massive gusts of wind.

Before they could decide what to do next, however, the rock wall that made up the back suddenly began to move. They all stared in bewilderment, too exhausted to do anything else. Suddenly, a Raptorik dressed in travelling garb appeared from what seemed to be a large doorway.

“You stay here, cannot,” he clicked, motioning to the company. “Must go in. Follow.” He turned and disappeared inside while the dragons sat frozen in confusion. After a moment the Raptorik reappeared, looking annoyed. “Deaf, you? Come! Follow! Quick!”

The first to move was Bree, who snorted and promptly trotted off after the Raptorik. Capricious’s fins flapped in confusion and she followed the zeeba, triggering the others to do the same. The large door led into a larger cavern, the walls rough as if they had been newly dug. There were hollows leading off of the main cavern, spaces enough for all of them and appropriately sized for their comfort.

The most confusing of all, however, was the small Snapper hatchling sitting serenely at the back of the room waiting patiently for them.
dragon?age=0&body=146&bodygene=4&breed=9&element=1&eyetype=5&gender=0&tert=75&tertgene=7&winggene=6&wings=59&auth=247a714b3c32a84eac25cdee1c543ba3089b24ae&dummyext=prev.png
“Hello,” they greeted them calmly. “I’m Tremayne. Glad to finally meet you.”

“I’m sorry- what?” Bladebeak muttered, squinting at the Snapper before them. Two brown eyes blinked back at her; then a third, then a fourth, and a fifth. That was when Blithe realized what unsettled him the most about the stranger sitting before them; their body was lined with eyes, from head to tail. Bladebeak seemed to notice in the same instant because she reared back spouting curses.

Tremayne took on an expression of pity and most of the eyes closed. “I’m sorry; I didn’t mean to alarm you. I’m not going to hurt anyone, I promise. I wanted to save you.”

“You-“ Baines spluttered, giving a shake of his head. “Saved us?”

“Well… I did what I could, but I couldn’t quite save… everyone,” the Snapper answered, their gaze falling to the ground. There was a few seconds of silence before Ehsan quietly spoke up from the back of the group.

“Where’s Galio?”
Raptorik Herder
I AM SO CONFUSED RIGHT NOW. I DON'T. KNOW WHAT. TO THINK.
I aM BroKeN wHAt JusT hAPPenED-

In any case I was inspired to write at 3am because WHAT.
WHAT.
WHAT.

To be clear, they were only 5000t. I did check to see if that was a mistake, but there are actually a lot of low priced Multi-Gazes??? I guess I hadn't realized they weren't that expensive. Anyway, I had bought them before even realizing they were a Multi. I only noticed when I went to attach their familiar and I saw an EYE on their ARM.

What.

Also, Tremayne was the first name suggestion I got from RNG. Guess what it friggin' means in Celtic.
"From the town encircled by stone."

Well, um. Anyway. I'm gonna go... process... my life.
Inventory: Scatter Scroll x1, Breed Change x1
@Weredogalism @Riff @Skulljester @AstralDragons @Petall @MisterMylez @BarbaraFett @PinkyDaPinkSlime @loser @OneRingOfPower @MagmaticMachine @Rosesinger @Eversnow
HECK well??? I'm still upset about Galio but apparently Pink has a sick sense of humor. Also DANG. Tremayne is be a ut if ul. I love this child already. Also NOOOO Amosis' pearl! D': [emoji=pearlcatcher sad size=2]
HECK well??? I'm still upset about Galio but apparently Pink has a sick sense of humor. Also DANG. Tremayne is be a ut if ul. I love this child already.

Also NOOOO Amosis' pearl! D':
astralDragonsHatchery_buttonrounded.png
1 2 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 88 89