Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Just Go | COMPLETED Pinkerlocke
1 2 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 88 89
@Eversnow I knooow orz. And oh that's awesome! Happy to see him getting such attention [emoji=ridgeback laughing size=1]. @Rosesinger Omg, I'm just imagining Bladebeak as a cockatiel and now I'm cackling uncontrollably. I love it :D.
@Eversnow I knooow orz.
And oh that's awesome! Happy to see him getting such attention .

@Rosesinger Omg, I'm just imagining Bladebeak as a cockatiel and now I'm cackling uncontrollably. I love it :D.
oh no...

the moment I started reading bladebeak mention a fish, I knew what was gonna happen. why must you do this to meee? this is probably going to be the saddest death in the pinkerlocke in my eyes...
oh no...

the moment I started reading bladebeak mention a fish, I knew what was gonna happen. why must you do this to meee? this is probably going to be the saddest death in the pinkerlocke in my eyes...
8BSeJPmyIO3z8AAAAASUVORK5CYII.png
Pinkerlocke? Not now, but one day...
OH GOSH YOU GOT ME DOING IT TOO AAAAA

actually you're also making me imagine bladebeak doing the cockatoo dance (no really look up cockatoo dancing it is glorious)

Ridgebacks just spiky birbs confirmed

OH GOSH YOU GOT ME DOING IT TOO AAAAA

actually you're also making me imagine bladebeak doing the cockatoo dance (no really look up cockatoo dancing it is glorious)

Ridgebacks just spiky birbs confirmed

As someone who lives relatively close to the ocean, seeing the group reach the Sea of a Thousand Currents was really refreshing and comforting. it was beautifully written too!

Also, Baine's reaction to Capricious's news was hilarious, I love it.

Also, my heart is breaking for Vivace. I desperately want him to be okay, but given what we know, I know that is just wishful thinking.
As someone who lives relatively close to the ocean, seeing the group reach the Sea of a Thousand Currents was really refreshing and comforting. it was beautifully written too!

Also, Baine's reaction to Capricious's news was hilarious, I love it.

Also, my heart is breaking for Vivace. I desperately want him to be okay, but given what we know, I know that is just wishful thinking.
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
I HATE this oh my god Vivace n o..... pain. Pain pain pain pain. This is gonna hurts so damn bad. N o. Nope.
I HATE this oh my god Vivace n o..... pain. Pain pain pain pain. This is gonna hurts so damn bad. N o. Nope.
astralDragonsHatchery_buttonrounded.png
@AstralDragons everything you said.
@AstralDragons everything you said.
8BSeJPmyIO3z8AAAAASUVORK5CYII.png
Pinkerlocke? Not now, but one day...
@Sabriel Nooo! How come every time I come back, it’s to a tragedy??? [emoji=bogsneak scared size=2]
@Sabriel
Nooo!
How come every time I come back, it’s to a tragedy???
tumblr_inline_naxjlrHYbk1qg78ij.png tumblr_pi915zLYQl1s80v72o1_100.png tumblr_pi915zLYQl1s80v72o4_100.png
[b][i]Day Eighty:[/i][/b] Days passed and Vivace didn’t improve. The group remained camped there on the beach in hopes that he would get well enough to travel, but no amount of Capricious’s medicine and herbs had any effect on his condition. The Fae herself was stressed between trying to care for her ill son and the four eggs which were quickly nearing their hatch date. Blithe was equally torn, caring for the eggs when Capricious could not and hovering by his son’s side when she was not. The Spiral felt absolutely helpless, having neither the knowledge or expertise to deal with such a situation, and it frustrated him. While the others did their best to either give them space or comfort as they deemed necessary, their most surprising sympathizer was Bladebeak. She was usually too shy to be around when either parent was present, but whenever Blithe and Capricious both had things to draw them away from Vivace she would appear at his side, awkwardly trying to pour water down his parched throat or muttering quietly to him, only stopping when others got too close. Then the eggs began to spark and shake. Blithe was the first to notice as an arch of electricity zapped him right on the end of his tail, jolting him out of his thoughts. He gave a yelp, drawing the attention of the rest of the camp to the glowing ovals that had begun to rock. They worked quickly to separate the eggs enough to give them all their own space to hatch. No sooner had they done so than the first egg split and out popped a dark green Spiral. [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=34&bodygene=23&breed=7&element=5&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=35&tertgene=0&winggene=24&wings=131&auth=4cd9d5e8a329f7c8c6d0e62bdfecdd0e7070049c&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] Ehsan cooed in the background, but Blithe was immediately anxious. Unlike Vivace, who was so full of life when he hatched, the newborn only squirmed among the broken pieces of shell, squeaking weakly. He didn’t have time to worry about it though as the next egg abruptly hatched, revealing an orange and red Fae. [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=46&bodygene=23&breed=1&element=5&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=37&tertgene=0&winggene=24&wings=72&auth=838b0131e652571b9a2370328366c20f9fd60a4b&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] Immediately afterward, the third hatched into a softer yellow, pink, and blue Fae, who stretched her wings out readily to soak up the sun with a hearty peep. [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=139&bodygene=23&breed=1&element=5&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=38&tertgene=0&winggene=24&wings=64&auth=767983760211d670076158fabf82f8b6ba597caf&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] While everyone turned to the fourth egg expectantly, Blithe looked back at the three hatchlings that had already hatched. Capricious had a damp cloth ready and was quietly removing the gunk from the Spiral’s eyes before she moved on to the first Fae, though she paused. Blithe could see why; he had gone quite still, and the breath already seemed to be fading from his chest. Carefully, he moved forward to brush the shell off the blanket and take the small Fae from her, carefully laying him back down on the blanket. They had seen this once before already, but they had other hatchlings to care for. Dutifully, she moved on to the second Fae, who had been continuing to cheep up at them. Blithe turned to the last egg, who he noticed the others were beginning to back away from. The inner glow of the electricity had faded, and the rocking had stopped. There was only a small piece of shell that had broken away, but only darkness remained inside. He reached forward and pulled the rest of the shell away to reveal the last green Fae. [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=32&bodygene=23&breed=1&element=5&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=36&tertgene=0&winggene=24&wings=1&auth=060c3f036efe133e623926d296b13d81ef6fa80c&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] It was already too late. Their fourth hatchling hadn’t even had a chance to see the sun. “Blithe,” Capricious called him back in a strained voice. He spun around and quickly took in her flattened frills and the light-colored Fae she kept clutched protectively in her claws. It wasn’t the Fae was she worried for, however, and following her gaze he looked back at the Spiral. The first of the litter had stopped struggling and his breathing had slowed. Blithe choked back the emotions rising in his throat and flew to the hatchling, gently lifting his head. Inwardly he kept switching between anger and panic; they had already lost two of the newborns, must they lose this one too? Lost in his own thoughts, he didn’t notice Bladebeak exclaiming or see Vivace slide his way over to the nest until his muzzle nudged the newborn. “Please don’t die,” his firstborn murmured quietly to the hatchling, while Blithe froze, unable to process what was happening. “Papa and Mama need you.” Electricity crackled about him and Blithe had to carefully but quickly let go of the hatchling to avoid getting zapped by the sparks arching between the two. Mesmerized by the flashes, he and the others watched the light show until Vivace let out one last sigh and settled, and the lightning stopped abruptly. Almost immediately, the newborn Spiral’s eyes flew open and the hatchling lifted their head and looked around in bewilderment and letting out a squeak. They caught sight of Blithe and crawled toward him instinctively, cheeping up at him expectantly. Blithe lifted up the newborn automatically, all a mix of joy and confusion. “Vivace?” Bladebeak suddenly broke the silence, reaching down to nudge him with her claw. Capricious handed off the Fae in her claws to Ehsan and both she and Blithe moved to their firstborn. Vivace didn’t move. Capricious let out an eerie sound from her throat and recoiled into Blithe, pulling the new Spiral toward her once they both realized; Vivace was gone. The group took a moment to take in all that had just happened. Blithe thought he could hear some of the others moving, but he didn’t look. Someone handed their living Fae newborn to Capricious while they went off to do something else. After a while, a claw rested itself on Blithe’s arm and he jumped, turning to see Baines. “We’ve dug the graves further up the ridge out of reach of the water to put them to rest,” he said. “Before the gulls come for them.” At the mention of gulls, Blithe glanced up. Indeed, there were already a few of the cursed birds beginning to circle overhead, drawn to the smell of death. He hissed under his breath at them, but Baines drew back his attention. “What will you name them all? All of them are male except for this little dragoness,” the mint Mirror murmured, motioning to the Fae in Capricious’s arms. She stared down blankly at her, then took a breath and looked up at Blithe. “… I was hoping we’d get a girl so I could call her Clarion,” she murmured at length, attempting a wane smile, though she couldn’t quite manage it. The Spiral in his arms gave a peep and he looked down at him. “Bramble,” he blurted, then shook his head. “No wait, is that even a name-“ “I like it,” Capricious reassured him, though Baines gave a twitch. “And the other two?” their Mirror friend prompted. “… Mosey and Wander,” Capricious said at length. “So that they know they’re free to roam.” Baines nodded and then glanced down at Vivace. “… Would you like to be there when we put them to rest?” Blithe choked and squeezed his eyes shut. He wasn’t prepared for all of this. However, he could hear the gulls gathering overhead, and he was loathe to let them even try to take his offspring from him. “… Yes. I’ll get him,” he said at length, passing Bramble to Baines and trying not to flinch as he struggled to pick up Vivace. Blithe was only half there for the small funeral service. Baines said some kind words for their lost members before they were buried, and small headstones were made to mark the graves. In the tradition of the Arcane flight, Capricious stood vigil over the graves that night, staring up at the stars. Blithe stayed with her, wrapped around her protectively in silent company. ----- [item=wing bones] [i]I'm s o r r y, don't hurt me ;n;.[/i] But yeah, RNG decided to take that 50/50 chance [i]very[/i] seriously, so I did lose half the clutch. Oof. And now Vivace is officially gone, but I hope in a way that you all won't be [i]too[/i] mad at me??? Also, I don't know if I can really express the, quite frankly, [i]ugly[/i] potential that Blithe and Capricious have in their color range. I did not choose to pair them for their breeding potential, for sure. And yet LOOK AT WHAT THEY GIVE ME. THEY'RE ALL. SO. GOOD. I dare you all to scry that Spiral boy. I dare you. I also thought it was funny that every one of them have Capricious's gene set. I know Spinner is a higher tier than Noxtide, but Python and Lionfish are 50/50. Anyway, as per usual, [b]if anyone would like to claim either Mosey or Wander, feel free to leave a comment![/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52005701][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/520058/52005701.png[/img][/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52005703][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/520058/52005703.png[/img][/url] (FYI: Mosey is orange and Wander is green.) I'll probably also prioritize people who haven't gotten a dragon from the 'locke yet just to spread the love a little. Unless they don't want either of them of course, which is perfectly fine. But buh, sorry for all the pain and heartache lately ;n;. Hopefully things will start improving soon! ----- Inventory: Scatter Scroll x1, Breed Change x1 ----- @Weredogalism @Riff @Skulljester @AstralDragons @Petall @MisterMylez @BarbaraFett @PinkyDaPinkSlime @loser @OneRingOfPower @MagmaticMachine @Rosesinger @Eversnow
Day Eighty:
Days passed and Vivace didn’t improve. The group remained camped there on the beach in hopes that he would get well enough to travel, but no amount of Capricious’s medicine and herbs had any effect on his condition. The Fae herself was stressed between trying to care for her ill son and the four eggs which were quickly nearing their hatch date. Blithe was equally torn, caring for the eggs when Capricious could not and hovering by his son’s side when she was not. The Spiral felt absolutely helpless, having neither the knowledge or expertise to deal with such a situation, and it frustrated him.

While the others did their best to either give them space or comfort as they deemed necessary, their most surprising sympathizer was Bladebeak. She was usually too shy to be around when either parent was present, but whenever Blithe and Capricious both had things to draw them away from Vivace she would appear at his side, awkwardly trying to pour water down his parched throat or muttering quietly to him, only stopping when others got too close.

Then the eggs began to spark and shake. Blithe was the first to notice as an arch of electricity zapped him right on the end of his tail, jolting him out of his thoughts. He gave a yelp, drawing the attention of the rest of the camp to the glowing ovals that had begun to rock.

They worked quickly to separate the eggs enough to give them all their own space to hatch. No sooner had they done so than the first egg split and out popped a dark green Spiral.
dragon?age=0&body=34&bodygene=23&breed=7&element=5&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=35&tertgene=0&winggene=24&wings=131&auth=4cd9d5e8a329f7c8c6d0e62bdfecdd0e7070049c&dummyext=prev.png
Ehsan cooed in the background, but Blithe was immediately anxious. Unlike Vivace, who was so full of life when he hatched, the newborn only squirmed among the broken pieces of shell, squeaking weakly. He didn’t have time to worry about it though as the next egg abruptly hatched, revealing an orange and red Fae.
dragon?age=0&body=46&bodygene=23&breed=1&element=5&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=37&tertgene=0&winggene=24&wings=72&auth=838b0131e652571b9a2370328366c20f9fd60a4b&dummyext=prev.png
Immediately afterward, the third hatched into a softer yellow, pink, and blue Fae, who stretched her wings out readily to soak up the sun with a hearty peep.
dragon?age=0&body=139&bodygene=23&breed=1&element=5&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=38&tertgene=0&winggene=24&wings=64&auth=767983760211d670076158fabf82f8b6ba597caf&dummyext=prev.png
While everyone turned to the fourth egg expectantly, Blithe looked back at the three hatchlings that had already hatched. Capricious had a damp cloth ready and was quietly removing the gunk from the Spiral’s eyes before she moved on to the first Fae, though she paused. Blithe could see why; he had gone quite still, and the breath already seemed to be fading from his chest. Carefully, he moved forward to brush the shell off the blanket and take the small Fae from her, carefully laying him back down on the blanket. They had seen this once before already, but they had other hatchlings to care for. Dutifully, she moved on to the second Fae, who had been continuing to cheep up at them. Blithe turned to the last egg, who he noticed the others were beginning to back away from. The inner glow of the electricity had faded, and the rocking had stopped. There was only a small piece of shell that had broken away, but only darkness remained inside. He reached forward and pulled the rest of the shell away to reveal the last green Fae.
dragon?age=0&body=32&bodygene=23&breed=1&element=5&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=36&tertgene=0&winggene=24&wings=1&auth=060c3f036efe133e623926d296b13d81ef6fa80c&dummyext=prev.png
It was already too late. Their fourth hatchling hadn’t even had a chance to see the sun.

“Blithe,” Capricious called him back in a strained voice. He spun around and quickly took in her flattened frills and the light-colored Fae she kept clutched protectively in her claws. It wasn’t the Fae was she worried for, however, and following her gaze he looked back at the Spiral. The first of the litter had stopped struggling and his breathing had slowed. Blithe choked back the emotions rising in his throat and flew to the hatchling, gently lifting his head. Inwardly he kept switching between anger and panic; they had already lost two of the newborns, must they lose this one too? Lost in his own thoughts, he didn’t notice Bladebeak exclaiming or see Vivace slide his way over to the nest until his muzzle nudged the newborn.

“Please don’t die,” his firstborn murmured quietly to the hatchling, while Blithe froze, unable to process what was happening. “Papa and Mama need you.” Electricity crackled about him and Blithe had to carefully but quickly let go of the hatchling to avoid getting zapped by the sparks arching between the two. Mesmerized by the flashes, he and the others watched the light show until Vivace let out one last sigh and settled, and the lightning stopped abruptly. Almost immediately, the newborn Spiral’s eyes flew open and the hatchling lifted their head and looked around in bewilderment and letting out a squeak. They caught sight of Blithe and crawled toward him instinctively, cheeping up at him expectantly. Blithe lifted up the newborn automatically, all a mix of joy and confusion.

“Vivace?” Bladebeak suddenly broke the silence, reaching down to nudge him with her claw. Capricious handed off the Fae in her claws to Ehsan and both she and Blithe moved to their firstborn. Vivace didn’t move. Capricious let out an eerie sound from her throat and recoiled into Blithe, pulling the new Spiral toward her once they both realized; Vivace was gone.

The group took a moment to take in all that had just happened. Blithe thought he could hear some of the others moving, but he didn’t look. Someone handed their living Fae newborn to Capricious while they went off to do something else. After a while, a claw rested itself on Blithe’s arm and he jumped, turning to see Baines.

“We’ve dug the graves further up the ridge out of reach of the water to put them to rest,” he said. “Before the gulls come for them.” At the mention of gulls, Blithe glanced up. Indeed, there were already a few of the cursed birds beginning to circle overhead, drawn to the smell of death. He hissed under his breath at them, but Baines drew back his attention. “What will you name them all? All of them are male except for this little dragoness,” the mint Mirror murmured, motioning to the Fae in Capricious’s arms. She stared down blankly at her, then took a breath and looked up at Blithe.

“… I was hoping we’d get a girl so I could call her Clarion,” she murmured at length, attempting a wane smile, though she couldn’t quite manage it. The Spiral in his arms gave a peep and he looked down at him.

“Bramble,” he blurted, then shook his head. “No wait, is that even a name-“

“I like it,” Capricious reassured him, though Baines gave a twitch.

“And the other two?” their Mirror friend prompted.

“… Mosey and Wander,” Capricious said at length. “So that they know they’re free to roam.”

Baines nodded and then glanced down at Vivace. “… Would you like to be there when we put them to rest?”

Blithe choked and squeezed his eyes shut. He wasn’t prepared for all of this. However, he could hear the gulls gathering overhead, and he was loathe to let them even try to take his offspring from him.

“… Yes. I’ll get him,” he said at length, passing Bramble to Baines and trying not to flinch as he struggled to pick up Vivace.

Blithe was only half there for the small funeral service. Baines said some kind words for their lost members before they were buried, and small headstones were made to mark the graves.

In the tradition of the Arcane flight, Capricious stood vigil over the graves that night, staring up at the stars. Blithe stayed with her, wrapped around her protectively in silent company.
Wing Bones
I'm s o r r y, don't hurt me ;n;. But yeah, RNG decided to take that 50/50 chance very seriously, so I did lose half the clutch. Oof. And now Vivace is officially gone, but I hope in a way that you all won't be too mad at me???

Also, I don't know if I can really express the, quite frankly, ugly potential that Blithe and Capricious have in their color range. I did not choose to pair them for their breeding potential, for sure. And yet LOOK AT WHAT THEY GIVE ME. THEY'RE ALL. SO. GOOD. I dare you all to scry that Spiral boy. I dare you. I also thought it was funny that every one of them have Capricious's gene set. I know Spinner is a higher tier than Noxtide, but Python and Lionfish are 50/50.

Anyway, as per usual, if anyone would like to claim either Mosey or Wander, feel free to leave a comment!
52005701.png 52005703.png
(FYI: Mosey is orange and Wander is green.)
I'll probably also prioritize people who haven't gotten a dragon from the 'locke yet just to spread the love a little. Unless they don't want either of them of course, which is perfectly fine.

But buh, sorry for all the pain and heartache lately ;n;. Hopefully things will start improving soon!
Inventory: Scatter Scroll x1, Breed Change x1
@Weredogalism @Riff @Skulljester @AstralDragons @Petall @MisterMylez @BarbaraFett @PinkyDaPinkSlime @loser @OneRingOfPower @MagmaticMachine @Rosesinger @Eversnow
aaa vivace D:

Glad to see the little spiral made it though. All the babies are absolutely gorgeous-- Clarion's scry is absolutely stunning!
aaa vivace D:

Glad to see the little spiral made it though. All the babies are absolutely gorgeous-- Clarion's scry is absolutely stunning!
Psst. Hey. Wanna buy some accents?
@Sabariel I'd adore Mosey, but Wander is nice as well... I'd like to claim Mosey.
@Sabariel I'd adore Mosey, but Wander is nice as well... I'd like to claim Mosey.
0304941-D-23-B9-407-C-925-C-1-A4-DDF7-D58-B6.giflfh.png
1 2 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 88 89