Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Just Go | COMPLETED Pinkerlocke
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 88 89
I am glad to be welcomed. Looks like everything is going smoothly!
I am glad to be welcomed. Looks like everything is going smoothly!
[b][i]Seventy Six:[/i][/b] [center][item=scholar] Ugh. [b]Coin Toss: Heads (true)[/b] [i]UGH[/i]. Random number generator chose [i]Blithe, Bladebeak, and Vivace.[/i] [b][i]UGH.[/i][/b] So... it's happened. I'm kinda at a stalemate here. Taking [i]this[/i] team into the Redrock Cove is just... disaster. And the same thing happens each time I've tried; Bladebeak is [i]annihilated[/i], Vivace and Blithe both hold on for a while, but Vivace ends up fainting and Blithe faints right after him. Now, per rules of the 'locke, I'm allowed to quit the death streak the moment a dragon "dies". Unfortunately, I don't specify whether or not that only means "faints". By the "faint" definition, the streak is over immediately when Bladebeak goes down. But per my [i]saving throw[/i] rules, level ones (like Bladebeak) are immune to death (my rules say one-shot kill, but trust me; she gets one-shot). In so saying, she can't really "die" so long as she's level one. But then, by definition of "die", [i]Vivace[/i] is the next to go down, and unless I roll a 7 to save him, he's done. This, however, only counts if the death streak continues after Bladebeak "faints". So... theoretically, there [i]is[/i] a loophole where I could say, "Whoops, my level one "died", death streak over." But that feels... cheaty? A bit? But then that means allowing Vivace to die. I said I would never change the rules after the last time I did, but I may need to for the sake of clarity and balance. However, I'm going to leave that to you guys... if that's ok. So question is: [b]Does the battle streak end when a dragon [i]faints[/i] in the coliseum, or when a dragon is confirmed to be [i]dead[/i] per rules of the nuzlocke?[/b] Help. ----- Inventory: Scatter Scroll x1, Breed Change x1 ----- @Weredogalism @Riff @Skulljester @AstralDragons @Petall @MisterMylez @BarbaraFett @PinkyDaPinkSlime @loser @OneRingOfPower @MagmaticMachine @Rosesinger -coughs nervously-
Seventy Six:
Scholar
Ugh.
Coin Toss: Heads (true)
UGH.
Random number generator chose Blithe, Bladebeak, and Vivace.
UGH.

So... it's happened. I'm kinda at a stalemate here. Taking this team into the Redrock Cove is just... disaster. And the same thing happens each time I've tried; Bladebeak is annihilated, Vivace and Blithe both hold on for a while, but Vivace ends up fainting and Blithe faints right after him.

Now, per rules of the 'locke, I'm allowed to quit the death streak the moment a dragon "dies". Unfortunately, I don't specify whether or not that only means "faints". By the "faint" definition, the streak is over immediately when Bladebeak goes down. But per my saving throw rules, level ones (like Bladebeak) are immune to death (my rules say one-shot kill, but trust me; she gets one-shot). In so saying, she can't really "die" so long as she's level one. But then, by definition of "die", Vivace is the next to go down, and unless I roll a 7 to save him, he's done. This, however, only counts if the death streak continues after Bladebeak "faints".

So... theoretically, there is a loophole where I could say, "Whoops, my level one "died", death streak over." But that feels... cheaty? A bit? But then that means allowing Vivace to die.

I said I would never change the rules after the last time I did, but I may need to for the sake of clarity and balance. However, I'm going to leave that to you guys... if that's ok.

So question is:
Does the battle streak end when a dragon faints in the coliseum, or when a dragon is confirmed to be dead per rules of the nuzlocke?

Help.
Inventory: Scatter Scroll x1, Breed Change x1
@Weredogalism @Riff @Skulljester @AstralDragons @Petall @MisterMylez @BarbaraFett @PinkyDaPinkSlime @loser @OneRingOfPower @MagmaticMachine

@Rosesinger -coughs nervously-
Definitely when they faint, as that’s the proper wording of the rules! (Also if Vivace dies I riot. Just give Bladebeak a serious wound and let the whump begin djfjgkg)
Definitely when they faint, as that’s the proper wording of the rules! (Also if Vivace dies I riot. Just give Bladebeak a serious wound and let the whump begin djfjgkg)
astralDragonsHatchery_buttonrounded.png
I think the streak ends when when they faint, just as @/AstralDragons said. (hope everyone is ok!!)
I think the streak ends when when they faint, just as @/AstralDragons said. (hope everyone is ok!!)
Looking over the rules the death steak rule very clearly says "dies" so my honest opinion is fainting does not count. (sorry Vivace, Blithe, Capricous) (I think 9 times out of ten I would make the decision that way. I did cheat on a nuzlocke once with a shiny Makuhita I found in Alpha Sapphire but thas a [i]shiny[/i] y'all.) However I understand if you choose to go the other route. That was a brutal position Pinkerton put you in [emoji=spiral sad size=2].
Looking over the rules the death steak rule very clearly says "dies" so my honest opinion is fainting does not count. (sorry Vivace, Blithe, Capricous)

(I think 9 times out of ten I would make the decision that way. I did cheat on a nuzlocke once with a shiny Makuhita I found in Alpha Sapphire but thas a shiny y'all.)

However I understand if you choose to go the other route. That was a brutal position Pinkerton put you in .

I've just found this and read the first couple of days and wow I'm already invested-- could I please be added to the pinglist? :D
I've just found this and read the first couple of days and wow I'm already invested-- could I please be added to the pinglist? :D
Psst. Hey. Wanna buy some accents?
[b][i]Day Seventy Seven:[/i][/b] [center][item=augite fragments] [img]https://i.imgur.com/owjOXtE.png[/img] Finally drawing Vivace. Thought I should since... well. So I've made me decision about what happened yesterday with the Death Streak. I agree with Rosesinger, that only confirmed deaths count to end the streak, not fainting. So as much as I don't want to lose Vivace, to keep in line with my rules, he has indeed perished. Goodbye Vivace [emoji=spiral sad size=1]. I won't write in his death immediately, I have a certain idea of how I want to handle it, but I want it to be [i]after[/i] Blithe and Capricious's nest hatches. So he may appear in the story for a bit, but he is technically no longer a part of the 'locke. In the meantime, [b]I'll give some time for someone to claim Vivace if they would like.[/b] Just feel free to leave a comment if you want him~. ----- Inventory: Scatter Scroll x1, Breed Change x1 ----- @Weredogalism @Riff @Skulljester @AstralDragons @Petall @MisterMylez @BarbaraFett @PinkyDaPinkSlime @loser @OneRingOfPower @MagmaticMachine @Rosesinger @Eversnow Added you to the pinglist! Welcome aboard~! [size=2]Wow, I just realized how long that pinglist is getting, lol.[/size]
Day Seventy Seven:
Augite Fragments
owjOXtE.png
Finally drawing Vivace. Thought I should since... well.

So I've made me decision about what happened yesterday with the Death Streak. I agree with Rosesinger, that only confirmed deaths count to end the streak, not fainting. So as much as I don't want to lose Vivace, to keep in line with my rules, he has indeed perished.

Goodbye Vivace .

I won't write in his death immediately, I have a certain idea of how I want to handle it, but I want it to be after Blithe and Capricious's nest hatches. So he may appear in the story for a bit, but he is technically no longer a part of the 'locke.

In the meantime, I'll give some time for someone to claim Vivace if they would like. Just feel free to leave a comment if you want him~.
Inventory: Scatter Scroll x1, Breed Change x1
@Weredogalism @Riff @Skulljester @AstralDragons @Petall @MisterMylez @BarbaraFett @PinkyDaPinkSlime @loser @OneRingOfPower @MagmaticMachine @Rosesinger

@Eversnow Added you to the pinglist! Welcome aboard~!

Wow, I just realized how long that pinglist is getting, lol.
Thank you, happy to be here! :D And I'd be happy to give Vivace a home, if he needs one!
Thank you, happy to be here! :D And I'd be happy to give Vivace a home, if he needs one!
Psst. Hey. Wanna buy some accents?
S o b s Vivace sweetie I’m so sorry ;;;
Oh god, poor Blithe and Capricious, they already lost one baby and now... I mean. The odds are that they’ll lose another from this new nest, at the very least.

Vivace is so pretty, too D:
S o b s Vivace sweetie I’m so sorry ;;;
Oh god, poor Blithe and Capricious, they already lost one baby and now... I mean. The odds are that they’ll lose another from this new nest, at the very least.

Vivace is so pretty, too D:
astralDragonsHatchery_buttonrounded.png
Aw I'm sad for Vivace (and more so for his parents they've been through a lot.)

I'm glad Vivace will be able to meet the new generation at the very least! Here's hoping that the next nest will be born under a lucky star.

That drawing is super lovely by the way.
Aw I'm sad for Vivace (and more so for his parents they've been through a lot.)

I'm glad Vivace will be able to meet the new generation at the very least! Here's hoping that the next nest will be born under a lucky star.

That drawing is super lovely by the way.
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 88 89