Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | To be a Caretaker [100 hatchling]
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
@dillysAlt @Icystorm @EmeraldJubilee @Alphanix @Wendicat @demonslayr62 @GlitterDCMarvel @DemonKid @Xariablossom21 @BlackJay @Crazydoll86 @Cinderspark @Noloc @Survivors @Polyhymnia @DragonPrincess27 @TheAwesoMew @TheOakWoods @IAmTheGeek @Edgedancer @Kibawolff @Tafficat @Enako @Naja I forgot to post this... whoops. Thanks to @/Rosesinger for lending me Caia's mate! ----- Caia couldn't remember ever being this excited. "Morainn is coming to visit!" she declared, twirling around a little. Aidan sighed. "Yes, mom," he said patiently. "That was the [i]millionth[/i] time you said that. Fia laughed, amused. "She's your sister, you know," she said to Aidan. "You could at least act a [i]little[/i] enthusiastic, especially when your mother is so excited about this visit." "Besides, Aidan," Caia said, "Even if you aren't excited to meet the older sister you've never met, she's coming with the rest of her troupe. It's called the Troupe of the Evening Stars, to be exact. And it's going to be awesome!" "I am excited!" Aidan protested, indignant. "But mom, you literally have been going on about this visit ever since Nightfall organized it. And that was two weeks ago!" "Fine," Caia sighed, a little less giddy now. "I guess I have been really excited. But let's just go greet the troupe. They should be here any time now." ----- Later, the three of them crowded near the front of the room, as close to the stage as they could get. Several acts had gone before this one, and they were currently at the act right before Morainn's. Caia was looking forward to Morainn's act—she'd heard about it, and it sounded amazing—but this act was interesting, and she found herself watching, rapt. The act consisted of a handsome white and green Pearlcatcher, flying around and using his Wind magic. He flew loop de loops, ailreon rolls, and dives with rolls and twists on the way down. At one point, when he was diving, he came so close to the ground Caia gasped. But he pulled out at the very last second, and Caia relaxed. At last, his act was over, and Morainn climbed onto the stage. "That's her!" Caia hissed to Aidan and Fia. "Just wait, her act is amazing!" She was shushed by the dragon sitting behind her, so she quieted, gazing up at the stage. Morainn stood there for a moment, and then she started her act. She danced across the stage, twirling and gliding with grace. Her orange dress swirled around her as she leaped and spun. And she used her Fire magic in her act, too. She formed flames into bright outlines of dragons and animals that danced with her across the stage, surrounding herself with flashes of flames. Too soon, it was over with a flash of golden flames, and the crowd was silent for a moment as they absorbed the dance. Then, everyone suddenly started cheering and clapping for her with delight. "Told you!" Caia shouted with pride to Aidan and Fia over the delighted screams of the audience. "That was amazing, right?" Even Aidan looked amazed as the two of them nodded. ----- After all the members of the troupe has performed—though, if you asked Caia, Morainn's performance obviously outshone all the rest—Caia slipped over to say hello to her daughter. Aidan and Fia trailed behind her, having struck up a conversation with another member of the troupe. That was when she bumped into the handsome Pearlcatcher aerial acrobat. "Oh, hi!" Caia said, intent on reaching Morainn, who was talking with another Pearlcatcher and hadn't noticed Caia yet. "Your performance was amazing. Actually, some of those dives scared me a little." She was going to head over to Morainn, but the Pearlcatcher smiled at her. "Thank you, my lady," he said, and Caia realized that he was flirting with her. "I'm glad you were concerned for my well-being." Well, she thought, I'm ready to nest, in fact. And she smiled back. "But of course you didn't crash into the ground," she replied. "You seem too skilled for that. I've never seen someone fly like you do." "Thank you," he said. "And yes, I suppose I am. I worked very hard to get to my level of skill. I like to think I'm the best of the best" Then the Pearlcatcher continued. "Well, my name, dearest, is Pietro. May I ask for yours?" "I'm Caia," she said. "Caia Embercrowne." "Caia," Pietro repeated. "A lovely name for a lovely dragoness. Your beauty is like the sun rising over the moon." "Thank you," Caia said, ducking her head to hide her laughter. "You aren't so bad looking yourself, you know." The conversation went on for a couple of minutes, before Caia decided it was the time to ask the question. "So," she began casually, brushing Pietro's wing with her own, "What do you think of hatchlings? Do you want them?" The Pearlcatcher looked startled, and for once, he was at a loss for words. "Well," he said. "I wouldn't mind them. I've never had any, though." "Ah," Caia said. "I have had... several." Then she leaned closer to him. "You know..." she began. "I love hatchlings, and I want as many of my own as possible." Pietro nodded and smiled at her, looking a little confused. "What do you think," Caia began, "Of having a nest together?" "A nest?" Pietro echoed. He looked like a fish, with how his mouth gaped open. "Yeah, a nest. Just one." Caia ducked her head. "You'll be staying with the Clan for long enough, right? I wouldn't want to inconvenience you." He hesitated briefly, then slowly nodded. "Alright," he said. "I don't see why not." ----- [center][img]http://flightrising.com/images/nests/11/2healthy_0dead.png[/img][/center] Caia gazed, pleased, at the nest of two eggs. It wasn't much, less than average, in fact. But she couldn't wait for the hatchlings to arrive. Pietro stood by, shuffling his feet awkwardly. And that was when the three dragons burst in. Aidan, Fia, and Morainn, to be exact. "Oh!" Caia said, pleased. "You all found each other!" She went to hug Morainn, while, behind her, Pietro stood there awkwardly, looking around. "Right," Caia said, beaming. "Pietro, this is Aidan, one of my sons, and here is Fia! And of course, you know Morainn." She left out the part about Morainn being her daughter. That was kind of awkward. "Mom!" Aidan complained. "Another nest? I was looking for you all over, because I know you were so excited about Morainn visiting. But you're laying another nest instead?" "Er," Pietro broke in. "How do you know Morainn?" Caia spun around, wearing an uncomfortable smile. Morainn was the one to speak, though. "Caia's actually my mom," she said. Pietro looked so taken aback that Caia would have laughed if not for the sheer awkwardness of the situation. "Oh," he said faintly. "Wait. Does... that make me your stepdad? Kind of?" Slowly, Morainn turned to Caia. "[i]What[/i]?"
@dillysAlt @Icystorm @EmeraldJubilee @Alphanix @Wendicat @demonslayr62 @GlitterDCMarvel @DemonKid @Xariablossom21 @BlackJay @Crazydoll86 @Cinderspark @Noloc @Survivors @Polyhymnia @DragonPrincess27 @TheAwesoMew @TheOakWoods @IAmTheGeek @Edgedancer @Kibawolff @Tafficat @Enako @Naja

I forgot to post this... whoops. Thanks to @/Rosesinger for lending me Caia's mate!

Caia couldn't remember ever being this excited.

"Morainn is coming to visit!" she declared, twirling around a little.

Aidan sighed. "Yes, mom," he said patiently. "That was the millionth time you said that.

Fia laughed, amused. "She's your sister, you know," she said to Aidan. "You could at least act a little enthusiastic, especially when your mother is so excited about this visit."

"Besides, Aidan," Caia said, "Even if you aren't excited to meet the older sister you've never met, she's coming with the rest of her troupe. It's called the Troupe of the Evening Stars, to be exact. And it's going to be awesome!"

"I am excited!" Aidan protested, indignant. "But mom, you literally have been going on about this visit ever since Nightfall organized it. And that was two weeks ago!"

"Fine," Caia sighed, a little less giddy now. "I guess I have been really excited. But let's just go greet the troupe. They should be here any time now."

Later, the three of them crowded near the front of the room, as close to the stage as they could get. Several acts had gone before this one, and they were currently at the act right before Morainn's. Caia was looking forward to Morainn's act—she'd heard about it, and it sounded amazing—but this act was interesting, and she found herself watching, rapt.

The act consisted of a handsome white and green Pearlcatcher, flying around and using his Wind magic. He flew loop de loops, ailreon rolls, and dives with rolls and twists on the way down. At one point, when he was diving, he came so close to the ground Caia gasped. But he pulled out at the very last second, and Caia relaxed.

At last, his act was over, and Morainn climbed onto the stage.

"That's her!" Caia hissed to Aidan and Fia. "Just wait, her act is amazing!" She was shushed by the dragon sitting behind her, so she quieted, gazing up at the stage.

Morainn stood there for a moment, and then she started her act.

She danced across the stage, twirling and gliding with grace. Her orange dress swirled around her as she leaped and spun. And she used her Fire magic in her act, too. She formed flames into bright outlines of dragons and animals that danced with her across the stage, surrounding herself with flashes of flames.

Too soon, it was over with a flash of golden flames, and the crowd was silent for a moment as they absorbed the dance. Then, everyone suddenly started cheering and clapping for her with delight.

"Told you!" Caia shouted with pride to Aidan and Fia over the delighted screams of the audience. "That was amazing, right?"

Even Aidan looked amazed as the two of them nodded.

After all the members of the troupe has performed—though, if you asked Caia, Morainn's performance obviously outshone all the rest—Caia slipped over to say hello to her daughter. Aidan and Fia trailed behind her, having struck up a conversation with another member of the troupe.

That was when she bumped into the handsome Pearlcatcher aerial acrobat.

"Oh, hi!" Caia said, intent on reaching Morainn, who was talking with another Pearlcatcher and hadn't noticed Caia yet. "Your performance was amazing. Actually, some of those dives scared me a little."

She was going to head over to Morainn, but the Pearlcatcher smiled at her. "Thank you, my lady," he said, and Caia realized that he was flirting with her. "I'm glad you were concerned for my well-being."

Well, she thought, I'm ready to nest, in fact.

And she smiled back. "But of course you didn't crash into the ground," she replied. "You seem too skilled for that. I've never seen someone fly like you do."

"Thank you," he said. "And yes, I suppose I am. I worked very hard to get to my level of skill. I like to think I'm the best of the best" Then the Pearlcatcher continued. "Well, my name, dearest, is Pietro. May I ask for yours?"

"I'm Caia," she said. "Caia Embercrowne."

"Caia," Pietro repeated. "A lovely name for a lovely dragoness. Your beauty is like the sun rising over the moon."

"Thank you," Caia said, ducking her head to hide her laughter. "You aren't so bad looking yourself, you know."

The conversation went on for a couple of minutes, before Caia decided it was the time to ask the question.

"So," she began casually, brushing Pietro's wing with her own, "What do you think of hatchlings? Do you want them?"

The Pearlcatcher looked startled, and for once, he was at a loss for words. "Well," he said. "I wouldn't mind them. I've never had any, though."

"Ah," Caia said. "I have had... several." Then she leaned closer to him. "You know..." she began. "I love hatchlings, and I want as many of my own as possible."

Pietro nodded and smiled at her, looking a little confused.

"What do you think," Caia began, "Of having a nest together?"

"A nest?" Pietro echoed. He looked like a fish, with how his mouth gaped open.

"Yeah, a nest. Just one." Caia ducked her head. "You'll be staying with the Clan for long enough, right? I wouldn't want to inconvenience you."

He hesitated briefly, then slowly nodded. "Alright," he said. "I don't see why not."

2healthy_0dead.png

Caia gazed, pleased, at the nest of two eggs. It wasn't much, less than average, in fact. But she couldn't wait for the hatchlings to arrive.

Pietro stood by, shuffling his feet awkwardly.

And that was when the three dragons burst in.

Aidan, Fia, and Morainn, to be exact.

"Oh!" Caia said, pleased. "You all found each other!"

She went to hug Morainn, while, behind her, Pietro stood there awkwardly, looking around.

"Right," Caia said, beaming. "Pietro, this is Aidan, one of my sons, and here is Fia! And of course, you know Morainn." She left out the part about Morainn being her daughter. That was kind of awkward.

"Mom!" Aidan complained. "Another nest? I was looking for you all over, because I know you were so excited about Morainn visiting. But you're laying another nest instead?"

"Er," Pietro broke in. "How do you know Morainn?"

Caia spun around, wearing an uncomfortable smile.

Morainn was the one to speak, though. "Caia's actually my mom," she said.

Pietro looked so taken aback that Caia would have laughed if not for the sheer awkwardness of the situation. "Oh," he said faintly. "Wait. Does... that make me your stepdad? Kind of?"

Slowly, Morainn turned to Caia. "What?"
PQznZys.png
@SariStar THIS WAS AMAZING! Ah! So good!

Noloc is right this is like being a grandparent!

I'm looking forward to the hatching!

(Pietro totally got caught up in a wrecking ball of awkwardness and I love it.)
@SariStar THIS WAS AMAZING! Ah! So good!

Noloc is right this is like being a grandparent!

I'm looking forward to the hatching!

(Pietro totally got caught up in a wrecking ball of awkwardness and I love it.)
@Rosesinger

Thank you! I had a lot of fun writing this. (And they will hatch tomorrow because I forgot to post this for so long...)
@Rosesinger

Thank you! I had a lot of fun writing this. (And they will hatch tomorrow because I forgot to post this for so long...)
PQznZys.png
Sweet!
Sweet!
@Rosesinger
Oh my goodness this is so great! Can I be added to the pinglist?
@Rosesinger
Oh my goodness this is so great! Can I be added to the pinglist?
Lichtdrache.gif
@SariStar

Can I be added to the ping list please? This was such a great read!
@SariStar

Can I be added to the ping list please? This was such a great read!
tumblr_n6xwujrYxg1rd5h0co1_500.png
she/her +2 FR time
@Saristar : I love it! This chapter was so cute and funny; he was so suave until Caia popped the question and then he was just. SO lost. The poor guy lol. I can't wait to see the babies!
@Saristar : I love it! This chapter was so cute and funny; he was so suave until Caia popped the question and then he was just. SO lost. The poor guy lol. I can't wait to see the babies!

40617218.png

Are You My Charge?
100 Hatchling Challenge!

56852904.png
Fated For Greatness
A Pinkerlocke
@Ac3Kat17

Psst, you pinged the wrong person! But I'll add you to the pinglist.

@Quinhwyvar

Adding!

@DragonPrincess27

Thanks!
@Ac3Kat17

Psst, you pinged the wrong person! But I'll add you to the pinglist.

@Quinhwyvar

Adding!

@DragonPrincess27

Thanks!
PQznZys.png
@dillysAlt @Icystorm @EmeraldJubilee @Alphanix @Wendicat @demonslayr62 @GlitterDCMarvel @DemonKid @Xariablossom21 @BlackJay @Crazydoll86 @Cinderspark @Noloc @Survivors @Polyhymnia @DragonPrincess27 @TheAwesoMew @TheOakWoods @IAmTheGeek @Edgedancer @Kibawolff @Tafficat @Enako @Naja @Ac3Kat17 @Quinhwyvar ----- "They're hatching!" Morainn exclaimed gleefully. Normally, of course, Caia would be watching the nest, but Morainn had been so eager to take on the role of big sister after getting over the initial shock of it. Pietro still seemed very confused about the whole thing. Caia rushed over, Pietro trailing behind. Aidan and Fia also stood nearby, but didn't race over, which was probably a good thing, since there was only so much space for everyone to stand around to watch the eggs. Morainn leaned over the nest. "Look, there's a crack on the shell already!" she said, pointing to the egg in question. Caia smiled, because indeed, there was a crack, and Morainn was just so [i]excited [/i]about it. The first wobbled a bit more, and more and more cracks spread across the surface. At last, the hatchling inside broke through, poking a little white Mirror snout out into the world. The hatchling struggled a bit more trying to get the rest of their body out, and one point, Pietro asked "Um, should we help them?" But eventually, the Mirror suceeded and flopped out of the egg. Caia plucked them out of the nest. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=45471723] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/454718/45471723_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] "Look!" she said. "A little healthy female Mirror." Her scales were white, like both Caia and Pietro's. But her wings and underbelly were green like Pietro's colors, though paler. Still, there was still quite a resemblance. "Your firstborn, Pietro," Morainn breathed out. "Can I hold her, Mom?" Caia handed the little Mirror over to her daughter. Right after, Pietro also wanted to hold her, though he looked kind of nervous. Aidan was the only still watching the eggs in the nest, and he suddenly called, "Uh, Caia?" "What?" Caia asked, whipping around, a little worried. "The other hatchling is almost out." And yes, there was half a Pearlcatcher sticking out of the remaining egg. The hatchling emitted a little [i]meep[/i] before struggling all the way out. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=45471724] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/454718/45471724_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] "A Pearlcatcher like you, Pietro," Morainn commented. This hatchling was male, with white scales and pale yellow wings and underbelly. "She looks like you, though," Aidan added to Caia. "Two healthy hatchlings," Caia announced, pleased. "Anyone have name suggestions?" Morainn spoke up. "How about Chloris for the Mirror? It means pale green." Caia glanced at Pietro, and he didn't look like he was about to disagree, so she nodded. "Chloris it is," she said. "What about the Pearlcatcher?" "Actually," Pietro suddenly said. "About the Pearlcatcher. I was wondering if maybe he could come home with me. Since he is my kid and all." Caia started. "Oh!" she said. "Yeah, that'd be fine." Pietro smiled a little and scuffed at the floor. "That way, we could both raise one? I have to return to the Clan soon, but I'd like to raise one, so..." "Of course," Caia replied. "That would be fine. Morainn can help you. She'll be a great big sister!" Morainn smiled at that, and Caia glanced down at the two hatchlings and smiled too. ----- Chloris is up for adoption! Edit: Alright, both of them are gone!
@dillysAlt @Icystorm @EmeraldJubilee @Alphanix @Wendicat @demonslayr62 @GlitterDCMarvel @DemonKid @Xariablossom21 @BlackJay @Crazydoll86 @Cinderspark @Noloc @Survivors @Polyhymnia @DragonPrincess27 @TheAwesoMew @TheOakWoods @IAmTheGeek @Edgedancer @Kibawolff @Tafficat @Enako @Naja @Ac3Kat17 @Quinhwyvar

"They're hatching!" Morainn exclaimed gleefully.

Normally, of course, Caia would be watching the nest, but Morainn had been so eager to take on the role of big sister after getting over the initial shock of it. Pietro still seemed very confused about the whole thing.

Caia rushed over, Pietro trailing behind. Aidan and Fia also stood nearby, but didn't race over, which was probably a good thing, since there was only so much space for everyone to stand around to watch the eggs.

Morainn leaned over the nest. "Look, there's a crack on the shell already!" she said, pointing to the egg in question.

Caia smiled, because indeed, there was a crack, and Morainn was just so excited about it.

The first wobbled a bit more, and more and more cracks spread across the surface. At last, the hatchling inside broke through, poking a little white Mirror snout out into the world.

The hatchling struggled a bit more trying to get the rest of their body out, and one point, Pietro asked "Um, should we help them?" But eventually, the Mirror suceeded and flopped out of the egg. Caia plucked them out of the nest.

"Look!" she said. "A little healthy female Mirror."

Her scales were white, like both Caia and Pietro's. But her wings and underbelly were green like Pietro's colors, though paler. Still, there was still quite a resemblance.

"Your firstborn, Pietro," Morainn breathed out. "Can I hold her, Mom?"

Caia handed the little Mirror over to her daughter. Right after, Pietro also wanted to hold her, though he looked kind of nervous.

Aidan was the only still watching the eggs in the nest, and he suddenly called, "Uh, Caia?"

"What?" Caia asked, whipping around, a little worried.

"The other hatchling is almost out."

And yes, there was half a Pearlcatcher sticking out of the remaining egg. The hatchling emitted a little meep before struggling all the way out.

"A Pearlcatcher like you, Pietro," Morainn commented.

This hatchling was male, with white scales and pale yellow wings and underbelly.

"She looks like you, though," Aidan added to Caia.

"Two healthy hatchlings," Caia announced, pleased. "Anyone have name suggestions?"

Morainn spoke up. "How about Chloris for the Mirror? It means pale green."

Caia glanced at Pietro, and he didn't look like he was about to disagree, so she nodded. "Chloris it is," she said. "What about the Pearlcatcher?"

"Actually," Pietro suddenly said. "About the Pearlcatcher. I was wondering if maybe he could come home with me. Since he is my kid and all."

Caia started. "Oh!" she said. "Yeah, that'd be fine."

Pietro smiled a little and scuffed at the floor. "That way, we could both raise one? I have to return to the Clan soon, but I'd like to raise one, so..."

"Of course," Caia replied. "That would be fine. Morainn can help you. She'll be a great big sister!"

Morainn smiled at that, and Caia glanced down at the two hatchlings and smiled too.

Chloris is up for adoption!

Edit: Alright, both of them are gone!
PQznZys.png
@Saristar

Could I adopt Chloris please?
@Saristar

Could I adopt Chloris please?
LhnYpua.png s3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-l11-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-m36-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-s16-book.pngB7_R.png
3KkxJSr.png
LhnYpua.png
eeGpIiY.png
.. « Mew »
|| 2+ FR Time | She/Her | The Calm Before the Storm | fr__lightning_by_baelfin-d8uyn76.png fr__beastclans_by_baelfin-d92uyiw.png ||

• { Lockedown } - Chill Biolocke + Necrolocke
• { Thunder Hollow } - Clan Lore [WIP]

{ Assets: x x x }
eeGpIiY.png
LhnYpua.png 89TBw7Q.gif
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17