Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Weird skills you can't visually show?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
i know i can show this one, but i can twist my foot all the way backwards just about! it doesn't twist my leg much, basically just the foot movin on it's own and not my whole leg!

another thing is perfect 'photographic' memory and mental images- if i saw a movie seen, i'll remember it detail to detail, even tiny flecks of ash to character movements! i also just fill in mental images- if i imagine a forest scene just 'boop, forest' it's there, no detail specifying at all.
this is probably perfectly normal, but ehhh?
i know i can show this one, but i can twist my foot all the way backwards just about! it doesn't twist my leg much, basically just the foot movin on it's own and not my whole leg!

another thing is perfect 'photographic' memory and mental images- if i saw a movie seen, i'll remember it detail to detail, even tiny flecks of ash to character movements! i also just fill in mental images- if i imagine a forest scene just 'boop, forest' it's there, no detail specifying at all.
this is probably perfectly normal, but ehhh?
9fbec014932d0afc30da6fd2c36bc2ad26496952.png ePOliyb.png
UkjerOF.png
o7ZCFYm.png
VDqpTLf.png
kSsCpBU.png
AaYNmEX.png
2Dp2REm.png
wbvK3HZ.png
oczO35g.png
JDcLBdb.png
0f4639ddb8ec8007aa64d9018bee7bc1d8d4f7cd.png
I can hear every conversation around me at class and other places, this is really annoying because without music I'll get distracted very quickly and I won't be able to focus on my work.
I can hear every conversation around me at class and other places, this is really annoying because without music I'll get distracted very quickly and I won't be able to focus on my work.
akueye3.png
couple of things i'm not gonna put here for my own sake, but i can read other people's motivators pretty well. if they do an action that seems slightly off, i can usually find some sort of reason behind why almost straight away. i don't act on it though, can't be certain i'm 100% right.

i can stop whatever emotion i'm feeling half the time. it's harder for something that's more intense or on the negative scale, but at times i've gotten so good at it i sometimes end things by accident. it's annoying.
couple of things i'm not gonna put here for my own sake, but i can read other people's motivators pretty well. if they do an action that seems slightly off, i can usually find some sort of reason behind why almost straight away. i don't act on it though, can't be certain i'm 100% right.

i can stop whatever emotion i'm feeling half the time. it's harder for something that's more intense or on the negative scale, but at times i've gotten so good at it i sometimes end things by accident. it's annoying.
XgFzLz3.gif
Sometimes I get little “flashes” when I’m dreaming of seeminglyy mundane things. Usually in the next week or two the exact thing happens !
Sometimes I get little “flashes” when I’m dreaming of seeminglyy mundane things. Usually in the next week or two the exact thing happens !
KdK3h1K.pnguJuXpVk.pngT2nbrk6.pngqYCod4C.pngWH26Bag.pngcedPG3i.pngtp1eAiM.png8KNFjaF.pngXRLXA9U.png7GFlGJN.png
HjHLEYt.png
[quote name="AquaticMercenary" date="2019-10-12 09:35:22" ] Sometimes I get little “flashes” when I’m dreaming of seeminglyy mundane things. Usually in the next week or two the exact thing happens ! [/quote] I kind of have this ability. Like, as a young child I woke up early in the morning and looked out the window and my lovely imagination conjured up a woodpecker on the tree. It wasn't actually there but my little mind liked to pretend it was like 2 weeks later we find actual woodpeckers in our garden if you didn't get it from the story above, I have a very vivid imagination! this probably sounds like a good thing, and I like to think it is, but its so vivid to the point where I focus on my day dream or whatever to much i'm like smiling or frowning at midair and it looks kind of weird to most people so I tend to try and focus on my actual surroundings instead. its kind of hard to describe but imagine someone looking into the distance and making strange facial expressions,, that's me
AquaticMercenary wrote on 2019-10-12 09:35:22:
I kind of have this ability. Like, as a young child I woke up early in the morning and looked out the window and my lovely imagination conjured up a woodpecker on the tree. It wasn't actually there but my little mind liked to pretend it was
like 2 weeks later we find actual woodpeckers in our garden

if you didn't get it from the story above, I have a very vivid imagination! this probably sounds like a good thing, and I like to think it is, but its so vivid to the point where I focus on my day dream or whatever to much i'm like smiling or frowning at midair and it looks kind of weird to most people so I tend to try and focus on my actual surroundings instead. its kind of hard to describe but imagine someone looking into the distance and making strange facial expressions,, that's me
- they/them
- +8 FR time
- Feel free to talk/ping!
- Old UN: LemonySnaket

kBjtmwi.png kd8tKB5.png
I can perfectly mimic animal noises? And I have enhanced senses.
I can perfectly mimic animal noises? And I have enhanced senses.
i guess this counts, but i can sense when a certain cat has visited the area (we call her gray)

she has a faint smell? dont think any others can sense it tho
i guess this counts, but i can sense when a certain cat has visited the area (we call her gray)

she has a faint smell? dont think any others can sense it tho
blanklol
light_small.png
iQrvnPv.png
absolutely feral on main

he/they
+13 fr time
eGiN2Xv.png thDLJf3.png
Not really a skill but I feel pain in my dreams.
Not really a skill but I feel pain in my dreams.
tumblr_inline_ojq6kw7euk1r2ao8y_540.pngdratini.gifLL2jqUF.pngleafeon.giftumblr_inline_ojq6kqtzXZ1r2ao8y_540.png
My skill is an uncanny ability to recognize sounds and smells. I have a very strong sense of both and I use them a lot. I can even smell when some species of animal has frequented a game trail (I.e I can smell when a deer vs a raccoon has been in the area a lot).

I'm also really good at using peripheral vision, reflective objects, and subtle changes in lighting etc. to watch people or notice when they are coming.
My skill is an uncanny ability to recognize sounds and smells. I have a very strong sense of both and I use them a lot. I can even smell when some species of animal has frequented a game trail (I.e I can smell when a deer vs a raccoon has been in the area a lot).

I'm also really good at using peripheral vision, reflective objects, and subtle changes in lighting etc. to watch people or notice when they are coming.
More of a curse than a talent for someone as sensitive as me, but I can turn any type of small wound into a gorefest in my head. It gets worse the bigger/deeper the wound is. Same thing for what happens to the body with certain diseases.

I can memorize entire plays within a week, though I suppose you can show that.

I can turn my vision blurry/out of focus at will, without my eyes crossing. It hurts after a while though.

Some of you I'm super jealous of! Lucid dreaming, being able to 'turn off'/'tune out' your thoughts, and all of those are super cool!
More of a curse than a talent for someone as sensitive as me, but I can turn any type of small wound into a gorefest in my head. It gets worse the bigger/deeper the wound is. Same thing for what happens to the body with certain diseases.

I can memorize entire plays within a week, though I suppose you can show that.

I can turn my vision blurry/out of focus at will, without my eyes crossing. It hurts after a while though.

Some of you I'm super jealous of! Lucid dreaming, being able to 'turn off'/'tune out' your thoughts, and all of those are super cool!
JC6s7hz.png (By UserOfShadows)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8