Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Weird skills you can't visually show?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I am really good at lucid dreaming. I can very much control my dreams 90 percent of the time.

This can be seen, but only if I told you. My family is known for being able to "wiggle" their ears. However, I can control mine very well and can move them independently from one another. This benefits me in a sense that I can "point" my ears towards a sound or force them far back to slightly muffle a sound I don't like. Problem is, I can't control them when it comes to emotions or said sounds. (The action is as second-nature as holding a pencil)

Despite being an anxious fish, I can make rather smart decisions in little time, and can completely build something and work out it's potential problems in my head before ever building said thing.

Not a skill, but more a stroke of luck, but I am lucky with numbers. Like, anytime a number that's randomly generated is given to me, my numbers are always repeating or go in order. An example would be my lunch code in school, and phone number.

I am really good at lucid dreaming. I can very much control my dreams 90 percent of the time.

This can be seen, but only if I told you. My family is known for being able to "wiggle" their ears. However, I can control mine very well and can move them independently from one another. This benefits me in a sense that I can "point" my ears towards a sound or force them far back to slightly muffle a sound I don't like. Problem is, I can't control them when it comes to emotions or said sounds. (The action is as second-nature as holding a pencil)

Despite being an anxious fish, I can make rather smart decisions in little time, and can completely build something and work out it's potential problems in my head before ever building said thing.

Not a skill, but more a stroke of luck, but I am lucky with numbers. Like, anytime a number that's randomly generated is given to me, my numbers are always repeating or go in order. An example would be my lunch code in school, and phone number.

{Puppy} {FR +2} {Goat Lover} {22} {They/Them}
1566865007982.png
I can completely cut off my own hearing at will.
A0swSVu.png
Sailor | 28 | They/She
7kf68Em.png
I can talk with my mouth closed.
Problem is, no one can understand me...
I can also curl my tounge
I can talk with my mouth closed.
Problem is, no one can understand me...
I can also curl my tounge
And if a silence filled the air do you think that anyone would even care? Would they be aware... of the mounting snow...
I can fall asleep anytime, anywhere.
I can fall asleep anytime, anywhere.
tumblr_ovy93jxd481u1ry24o2_500.gif
If I don’t have anything going on i can have really vivid daydreams while being aware of what’s in front of me, like having two things playing at once.

I can stay awake for longer and still be the same as if I went to bed at a decent time, most of the time. (If I do this for nights on end I really can’t do it for a while afterwards)

Sorry if this makes no sense whatsoever.
If I don’t have anything going on i can have really vivid daydreams while being aware of what’s in front of me, like having two things playing at once.

I can stay awake for longer and still be the same as if I went to bed at a decent time, most of the time. (If I do this for nights on end I really can’t do it for a while afterwards)

Sorry if this makes no sense whatsoever.
2KwZtRK.png7nppAyR.png
I can dislocate my leg at will.
I can dislocate my leg at will.
[quote name="xNEVERLANDx" date="2019-09-24 18:43:28" ] [quote name="SolifugeSpace" date="2019-09-24 17:51:48" ] Once I memorize a song, I can play it in my head perfectly, although it's more enjoyable to listen to it "physically". Detailed day dreaming is also an ability I have, as long as I have an idea. [/quote] Same here!! Sometimes if I get bored in class I'll play random movie clips, videos I find funny or make lil scenes in my mind, but that usually isn't the best idea because then I'll start to loose focus on what's actually going on. [/quote] this is my life omg
xNEVERLANDx wrote on 2019-09-24 18:43:28:
SolifugeSpace wrote on 2019-09-24 17:51:48:
Once I memorize a song, I can play it in my head perfectly, although it's more enjoyable to listen to it "physically".

Detailed day dreaming is also an ability I have, as long as I have an idea.

Same here!! Sometimes if I get bored in class I'll play random movie clips, videos I find funny or make lil scenes in my mind, but that usually isn't the best idea because then I'll start to loose focus on what's actually going on.

this is my life omg
xxxxxx dTi4eBQ.png
Mc18oIP.pngTHh9Xzq.pngMc18oIP.png
x
She/They | FR+0 | [theme]

00111100 00110011 00100001

tutant meenage neetle teetles
x
Mc18oIP.pngTHh9Xzq.pngMc18oIP.png
7tXS7Wb.png
I can click my ear bones

Sometimes when I yawn air comes out of my ears

I can bend my toe joints backwards

Yep that's about it
I can click my ear bones

Sometimes when I yawn air comes out of my ears

I can bend my toe joints backwards

Yep that's about it
MZeTqmO.png Avatar Dragon
[font=duality.ttf][color=#65b831] [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/9M0GVxc.png[/img] [center][size=1][color=#65b831][font=duality.ttf]I don't have much non visual talents but I can imagine really, really well. (Although I'm pretty sure most people have such an ability) With any sense, too- smelling, hearing, taste, and feeling. I can add my own amount of realism or I can remove any sense of reality (such as making it more cartoony or make it bend physics) with these images. I've probably gotten close to accurately visualizing the 4th dimension (with help from a teseract representation). I go constantly, all day imagining things. Really gets in the way of paying attention, and I think I seem rude to others because of it :/ Let's see... I also seem to tolerate pain pretty well (by tolerate I mean to show no sign of emotion or response for the whole duration). I'd smash my fingers in a door on accident or id badly burn myself and I'd temporarily go blank mentally and emotionally then carry on. Same for when I'm experiencing something dramatic/frightening- I just go blank. Helpful in public situations. I think I can also 'change' the amount of sympathy I feel for something, but that's undetermined, just an assumption yknow pff (honestly I hope I have normal amounts of sympathy haha) Does being so bad at paying attention its conserning count as a talent because...

9M0GVxc.png
I don't have much non visual talents but I can imagine really, really well. (Although I'm pretty sure most people have such an ability) With any sense, too- smelling, hearing, taste, and feeling. I can add my own amount of realism or I can remove any sense of reality (such as making it more cartoony or make it bend physics) with these images. I've probably gotten close to accurately visualizing the 4th dimension (with help from a teseract representation). I go constantly, all day imagining things. Really gets in the way of paying attention, and I think I seem rude to others because of it :/

Let's see... I also seem to tolerate pain pretty well (by tolerate I mean to show no sign of emotion or response for the whole duration). I'd smash my fingers in a door on accident or id badly burn myself and I'd temporarily go blank mentally and emotionally then carry on. Same for when I'm experiencing something dramatic/frightening- I just go blank. Helpful in public situations.

I think I can also 'change' the amount of sympathy I feel for something, but that's undetermined, just an assumption yknow pff (honestly I hope I have normal amounts of sympathy haha)

Does being so bad at paying attention its conserning count as a talent because...
repent-1.png
[quote name="Hogwarts" date="2019-09-25 18:22:00" ] I can completely cut off my own hearing at will. [/quote] You and the lucid dreamers here need to teach me this oh my god
Hogwarts wrote on 2019-09-25 18:22:00:
You and the lucid dreamers here need to teach me this oh my god
Hi! I'm Jake or Rads
lwN7WD5.png FRT+9 | he/him

accent shop
xx Silhouette of a flying dragon
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8