Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Weird skills you can't visually show?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
[quote name="Icaruz" date="2019-09-24 20:39:42" ] Sorta similar to those saying they can play songs in their head, I can play songs in my head in the voice/style of different artists than the original singer/band. [b][snip][/b] Usually not the entire song unless I concentrate extremely hard, but maybe a good 10-30 seconds of it. Apparently not everyone can do this which I found surprising. [/quote] yeah, i can do the before mentioned easily, and sometimes the latter if i concentrate- and also sometimes listen to songs in my head as if a (for example) anime character was singing it? Something like that... overall i don't really have any other ''visually [i]can't show[/i]'' skills? But i can bend my legs at seemingly unnatural angles and make it seem like they've been ''broken'' heheh.. really wish i could lucid dream/dream about whatever i want like some other people here, same with ''turning off'' anxious thoughts :V
Icaruz wrote on 2019-09-24 20:39:42:
Sorta similar to those saying they can play songs in their head, I can play songs in my head in the voice/style of different artists than the original singer/band.
[snip]
Usually not the entire song unless I concentrate extremely hard, but maybe a good 10-30 seconds of it. Apparently not everyone can do this which I found surprising.
yeah, i can do the before mentioned easily, and sometimes the latter if i concentrate- and also sometimes listen to songs in my head as if a (for example) anime character was singing it? Something like that...

overall i don't really have any other ''visually can't show'' skills? But i can bend my legs at seemingly unnatural angles and make it seem like they've been ''broken'' heheh..

really wish i could lucid dream/dream about whatever i want like some other people here, same with ''turning off'' anxious thoughts :V
i detailed daydream and can playback songs and voices and all that but i also have super vivid dreams that 99% of the time i can remember
i detailed daydream and can playback songs and voices and all that but i also have super vivid dreams that 99% of the time i can remember
FR + 0 - pls click them! ->US0Sr1.pngy2grU1.pngzEgVd1.pngunknown.png
Since a lot of people are talking about dream-related things... I have really cool dreams! Sometimes I wake up and feel like I've lived an entire other life in my sleep. There's some recurring locations and creatures in my dreams so it almost feels like I'm living another life alongside this one... and then I get weird or interesting standalone dreams too. And they usually have complex, somewhat coherent plots to them so I can easily write them into stories - dreams are where a lot of my inspiration comes from. :D

Edit: I also do the "playing a song in my head" thing! I always have something playing on my brain radio, and I can change the song whenever I want. It's neat.
Since a lot of people are talking about dream-related things... I have really cool dreams! Sometimes I wake up and feel like I've lived an entire other life in my sleep. There's some recurring locations and creatures in my dreams so it almost feels like I'm living another life alongside this one... and then I get weird or interesting standalone dreams too. And they usually have complex, somewhat coherent plots to them so I can easily write them into stories - dreams are where a lot of my inspiration comes from. :D

Edit: I also do the "playing a song in my head" thing! I always have something playing on my brain radio, and I can change the song whenever I want. It's neat.
I can, quite literally imagine something and visualize it in reality at will, it looks so real sometimes i end up wondering if i'm just very imaginative or have a mental illness.
I can, quite literally imagine something and visualize it in reality at will, it looks so real sometimes i end up wondering if i'm just very imaginative or have a mental illness.
Looking for some art for your dragons? click down below!

giphy.gif
I can imagine whole show episodes in my head.
I can imagine whole show episodes in my head.
He/Him
Trans/Pansexual
Work full-time, not on until evenings!
Its odd I know. But my sense of smell can be off the charts sometimes. I guess its because my eyesight is very poor and its kinda making up for the things I wouldnt otherwise be aware of. [emoji=mirror tongue size=1]
Its odd I know.
But my sense of smell can be off the charts sometimes. I guess its because my eyesight is very poor and its kinda making up for the things I wouldnt otherwise be aware of.
DE4-CE494-C24-A-441-F-8809-5-B8-BFD08205-C.png| He/She | Autistic/ADHD| 3+ FR Time |
Another song and dream person chiming in!

I'm really good at learning songs, and though it isn't perfectly accurate I can usually remember a good chunk of the lyrics, melody, and even harmonies after even one listen. It was pretty funny back when I played an instrument because I couldn't read sheet music to save my life yet I somehow managed to hold my own really well for a few years because I could play a lot of stuff by ear.

I.... suppose that's technically something I can show people though .-.

I also seem to have this precognitive ability to know what music a radio station is going to play. I'll get a random song to pop up in my head and BAM! a song or two later, it's on the radio. I dunno if it's just a coincidence because certain songs play more frequently than others, if I'm actually just really good at figuring out the playlist patterns of various stations, or if I'm somehow actually musically psychic.

As for dreams, I seem to have them more frequently and more vividly than most folk. I also just... randomly have lucid(ish) dreams on occasion without trying for it. I absolutely attribute it all to the fact that I play a lot of video games. It's a lot of weird and unrealistic fodder for my dreams, enough for me to sometimes recognize "yeah none of this is real, still cool though"
Another song and dream person chiming in!

I'm really good at learning songs, and though it isn't perfectly accurate I can usually remember a good chunk of the lyrics, melody, and even harmonies after even one listen. It was pretty funny back when I played an instrument because I couldn't read sheet music to save my life yet I somehow managed to hold my own really well for a few years because I could play a lot of stuff by ear.

I.... suppose that's technically something I can show people though .-.

I also seem to have this precognitive ability to know what music a radio station is going to play. I'll get a random song to pop up in my head and BAM! a song or two later, it's on the radio. I dunno if it's just a coincidence because certain songs play more frequently than others, if I'm actually just really good at figuring out the playlist patterns of various stations, or if I'm somehow actually musically psychic.

As for dreams, I seem to have them more frequently and more vividly than most folk. I also just... randomly have lucid(ish) dreams on occasion without trying for it. I absolutely attribute it all to the fact that I play a lot of video games. It's a lot of weird and unrealistic fodder for my dreams, enough for me to sometimes recognize "yeah none of this is real, still cool though"
I don't know if it's really a skill but I'm double jointed in my back to the point I can force my shoulder blades back.
They look like wing nubs.
I don't know if it's really a skill but I'm double jointed in my back to the point I can force my shoulder blades back.
They look like wing nubs.
By your side,forevermore.
I can twist my tongue upside down? if that counts?
I can twist my tongue upside down? if that counts?
tumblr_olkx7k1gjk1w18p86o1_r1_250.pnglgbtq_support_small.png
I have always been able to make my body experience "frissons" whenever I want.
I have always been able to make my body experience "frissons" whenever I want.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8