Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Weird skills you can't visually show?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I can block out emotions: if I have to do something very important or I'm facing a difficult task (exams, playing an instrument etc.) and something very bad or concerning happened or is happening I can literally turn off that part of the brain to complete the task. That's why my friends couldn't undesrtand why I decided to go to school (I had an oral test) even if my grandmother died the night before, nor why I went to uni even tho my mom was undergoin an operation. I'm not emotionless tho, I cried all day for my grandma [emoji=spiral sad size=1] (just not during the oral test, I was actually very lucid and cool)
I can block out emotions: if I have to do something very important or I'm facing a difficult task (exams, playing an instrument etc.) and something very bad or concerning happened or is happening I can literally turn off that part of the brain to complete the task.

That's why my friends couldn't undesrtand why I decided to go to school (I had an oral test) even if my grandmother died the night before, nor why I went to uni even tho my mom was undergoin an operation.

I'm not emotionless tho, I cried all day for my grandma (just not during the oral test, I was actually very lucid and cool)
Ani227MS5.gif
Ani359MS5.gif
ssss
KS2Azyk.jpg
sss
I can zone out of...anything. And if I’m not zoned out, I can hold a straight face through just about everything so that my family thinks I am.

My talents at ignoring people I don’t like and then making them repeat everything they’ve said is legendary

Another one is that I have a super competitive side. So I can keep up with 17 year old boys spouting a soccer game.

To this day I am convinced that I’ve never run as fast as I can. I want to though.
I can zone out of...anything. And if I’m not zoned out, I can hold a straight face through just about everything so that my family thinks I am.

My talents at ignoring people I don’t like and then making them repeat everything they’ve said is legendary

Another one is that I have a super competitive side. So I can keep up with 17 year old boys spouting a soccer game.

To this day I am convinced that I’ve never run as fast as I can. I want to though.
Art shop.

Free Genes.
[quote name="Parda" date="2019-09-27 00:59:08" ] [quote name="Hogwarts" date="2019-09-25 18:22:00" ] I can completely cut off my own hearing at will. [/quote] You and the lucid dreamers here need to teach me this oh my god [/quote] Oooh, I'd love to lucid dream x_x I can only partially do it; if I think about a story/character hard enough I can somewhat control how things go when I dream, although the image is 'blurry'
Parda wrote on 2019-09-27 00:59:08:
Hogwarts wrote on 2019-09-25 18:22:00:
I can completely cut off my own hearing at will.
You and the lucid dreamers here need to teach me this oh my god
Oooh, I'd love to lucid dream x_x I can only partially do it; if I think about a story/character hard enough I can somewhat control how things go when I dream, although the image is 'blurry'
Sometimes I can memorize patterns subconsciously. Either that or I am really good at guessing stuff. I remember in middle school I always knew exactly which row of tables would be released from the cafeteria next once the first row was announced. I never dared say anything because I knew the one time I said it aloud I'd get it wrong.

I wish I could tune out my thoughts. They get more obnoxious if I try to tune them out.

Edit: Okay, glanced above: I can focus so intently on my work that I tune out everything around me (except my own darn thoughts!), and I can lucid dream sometimes, although usually I have to be near the end of the dream. I can also resume dreams I was enjoying, but only if it's the same night.

Edit2: Good grief, I missed the most obvious one. I have sharp ears. Like, I've been on one side of a pond and heard people talking on the other side. I keep my computer volume between 4 and 8 most of the time and Youtube videos at half-volume. Unfortunately, this also makes most social situations unbearable without earplugs.
Sometimes I can memorize patterns subconsciously. Either that or I am really good at guessing stuff. I remember in middle school I always knew exactly which row of tables would be released from the cafeteria next once the first row was announced. I never dared say anything because I knew the one time I said it aloud I'd get it wrong.

I wish I could tune out my thoughts. They get more obnoxious if I try to tune them out.

Edit: Okay, glanced above: I can focus so intently on my work that I tune out everything around me (except my own darn thoughts!), and I can lucid dream sometimes, although usually I have to be near the end of the dream. I can also resume dreams I was enjoying, but only if it's the same night.

Edit2: Good grief, I missed the most obvious one. I have sharp ears. Like, I've been on one side of a pond and heard people talking on the other side. I keep my computer volume between 4 and 8 most of the time and Youtube videos at half-volume. Unfortunately, this also makes most social situations unbearable without earplugs.
LxbWmll.png
I'm really good at lip reading. Learned it out of convenience after years of mishearing people.
I'm also great at tracing/copying. I only have to look at a piece of work to be able to (most often) perfectly recreate it myself. Even though I learned a long time ago when to give credit when credit is due, I know that if worse comes to worse I can always fall back on being a con artist, lol ':)

(And I used to be great at vividly daydreaming like most of ya'll, but I fell out of that skill over time D: I am trying to practice, but it's really hard trying to get back into the swing of it when all I can envision is very undefined blobs nowadays.)
I'm really good at lip reading. Learned it out of convenience after years of mishearing people.
I'm also great at tracing/copying. I only have to look at a piece of work to be able to (most often) perfectly recreate it myself. Even though I learned a long time ago when to give credit when credit is due, I know that if worse comes to worse I can always fall back on being a con artist, lol ':)

(And I used to be great at vividly daydreaming like most of ya'll, but I fell out of that skill over time D: I am trying to practice, but it's really hard trying to get back into the swing of it when all I can envision is very undefined blobs nowadays.)
kiKtBfq.png
Once I memorize a song, I can't un-learn it. It's not like I can play it perfectly in my head, like some other people mentioned here, but I remember the tune and all the words. Honestly, every morning I wake up and have an obscure song running through my head that lasts the rest of the day, it's interesting to say the least lol
Once I memorize a song, I can't un-learn it. It's not like I can play it perfectly in my head, like some other people mentioned here, but I remember the tune and all the words. Honestly, every morning I wake up and have an obscure song running through my head that lasts the rest of the day, it's interesting to say the least lol
d00165ea3be20b3a332165f1cb02d923a7868fe5.png
[quote name="CyanicPanic" date="2019-09-25 19:58:39" ] [quote name="xNEVERLANDx" date="2019-09-24 18:43:28" ] [quote name="SolifugeSpace" date="2019-09-24 17:51:48" ] Once I memorize a song, I can play it in my head perfectly, although it's more enjoyable to listen to it "physically". Detailed day dreaming is also an ability I have, as long as I have an idea. [/quote] Same here!! Sometimes if I get bored in class I'll play random movie clips, videos I find funny or make lil scenes in my mind, but that usually isn't the best idea because then I'll start to loose focus on what's actually going on. [/quote] this is my life omg [/quote] yes i can do that too :D
CyanicPanic wrote on 2019-09-25 19:58:39:
xNEVERLANDx wrote on 2019-09-24 18:43:28:
SolifugeSpace wrote on 2019-09-24 17:51:48:
Once I memorize a song, I can play it in my head perfectly, although it's more enjoyable to listen to it "physically".

Detailed day dreaming is also an ability I have, as long as I have an idea.

Same here!! Sometimes if I get bored in class I'll play random movie clips, videos I find funny or make lil scenes in my mind, but that usually isn't the best idea because then I'll start to loose focus on what's actually going on.

this is my life omg
yes i can do that too :D
pokefarm
wanna join aj?enter my user as refer friend
download the castle cats game(mobile only!)
i can find the exact beat of a song quickly and easily
i can find the exact beat of a song quickly and easily
it / its

my tism. Too strong.
cQcx9mq.png9hqcHsy.pnghh5n4WA.pngmtHAEL4.png
AaYNmEX.pngypcKWM0.png4xqaZpf.pngay4nb7T.png
TWSJTng.pngr8v91MH.pngIgxj6v7.pnggYW0j5f.png
iJZWqi6.pngFcevfEX.pnggziv3Ja.pngOuGYfwM.png
mHG2UNd.pngPvUqAA2.pngKdJtVsv.png1fpzX0w.png
I can read emotions/intent through text/mere words.
I can read emotions/intent through text/mere words.
hu72dVR.png
im rly good at picking out the different beats / instruments in a song!!
im rly good at picking out the different beats / instruments in a song!!
WHO_IS_THIS_MAN.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8