Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Weird skills you can't visually show?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I'm really good at finding four leaf clovers. Or any other amount higher than four. I always say that I have "tips and tricks" but that's really not what they are at all. They're just... things to keep in mind; they're not actually going to help you find four leaf clovers. So it's really not something I can show, I guess?
I'm really good at finding four leaf clovers. Or any other amount higher than four. I always say that I have "tips and tricks" but that's really not what they are at all. They're just... things to keep in mind; they're not actually going to help you find four leaf clovers. So it's really not something I can show, I guess?
A geometric teardrop shaped glass terrarium houses a small replica of the Daylight Sanctum. It's surrounded by autumnal pine trees and sparkles. xx AYRMELTwo small, overlapping brown leaves.
"And the universe said I love you, because you are love."
She/They, FR+0, chronically tired
xx Free Dragons here!
More Free Dragons!
Exalt Rescue Guide
Dragon Sales Thread
Item Wishlist
Fodderlocke
I've never been able to blank out my mind and always have at least 2 or 3 thoughts running at once. Imagine it like several TVs being on at the same time in a foggy room that tune in and out depending on how strong a signal is on the antenna, and then there's this annoying radio in the room constantly playing that you can only change the channel on instead of actually turn off. So much going on at once and it usually mentally drains me trying to keep up with the mist of overwhelming thoughts. I like to daydream about my characters or stuff about work, but when I start thinking about personal stress and worries in life, it's like all other TVs turn off and it's put on blast on a giant projector for me to watch and relive over and over again. It's hard getting the other TV's turned back on and loud enough so I can ignore what's going on on the big screen.

I guess this is more of a curse than a talent, but it always freaks me out when people say they can just blank out their minds and imagine literally nothing. Like how?? I mean, you're now imagining a pitch black room, right? I just don't understand how one shuts off something like that.

Also, I can randomly increase the volume of my thoughts. I've had it sound like someone yelling in my ear before and sort of freaked me out. I didn't think it was physically possible.
I've never been able to blank out my mind and always have at least 2 or 3 thoughts running at once. Imagine it like several TVs being on at the same time in a foggy room that tune in and out depending on how strong a signal is on the antenna, and then there's this annoying radio in the room constantly playing that you can only change the channel on instead of actually turn off. So much going on at once and it usually mentally drains me trying to keep up with the mist of overwhelming thoughts. I like to daydream about my characters or stuff about work, but when I start thinking about personal stress and worries in life, it's like all other TVs turn off and it's put on blast on a giant projector for me to watch and relive over and over again. It's hard getting the other TV's turned back on and loud enough so I can ignore what's going on on the big screen.

I guess this is more of a curse than a talent, but it always freaks me out when people say they can just blank out their minds and imagine literally nothing. Like how?? I mean, you're now imagining a pitch black room, right? I just don't understand how one shuts off something like that.

Also, I can randomly increase the volume of my thoughts. I've had it sound like someone yelling in my ear before and sort of freaked me out. I didn't think it was physically possible.
tenor.gif?itemid=11974065.gif
[quote name="SolifugeSpace" date="2019-09-24 17:51:48" ] Once I memorize a song, I can play it in my head perfectly, although it's more enjoyable to listen to it "physically". Detailed day dreaming is also an ability I have, as long as I have an idea. [/quote] i can do these! with the second one, though, i usually go off of previous ideas i've had.
SolifugeSpace wrote on 2019-09-24 17:51:48:
Once I memorize a song, I can play it in my head perfectly, although it's more enjoyable to listen to it "physically".

Detailed day dreaming is also an ability I have, as long as I have an idea.

i can do these! with the second one, though, i usually go off of previous ideas i've had.
please buy my dragons
r7i0TKR.png
alphabet legacy
challenge
please just send private auctions.
it's a CR with half the hassle,
and with PAs we both get our stuff instantly.
I can memorize music fairly quickly but it's still too long a time span (30 min to an hour) to show someone quickly.

Rotating 3D objects in my head is also fairly hard to show
I can memorize music fairly quickly but it's still too long a time span (30 min to an hour) to show someone quickly.

Rotating 3D objects in my head is also fairly hard to show
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
Mine is the opposite I can keep myself awake for days if I really need to do something however there is always the side effect of hallucinations
Mine is the opposite I can keep myself awake for days if I really need to do something however there is always the side effect of hallucinations
06xk8gV.png
XrUXyrn.gifse5O2Tt.gifpxx5HPD.gif
Believe me, darling
The stars were made for falling
- I can find sea glass insanely well, better than anyone else I've met. Even on the busiest beaches with few pebbles, I can and will find some, maybe a lot.
- With activities I like, I can concentrate for up to 16 hours straight (That's as far as I've attempted. It was a drawing.)
- I can end dreams at will and wake up whenever if something inside the dream is problematic.
- Also, I can control that muscle in my ear, (tympani??) so I can listen to this weird sound, kind of like wind, if I want to.

Then I just have normal-unusual stuff, like a lot of the stuff above I can do, as well.
- I can find sea glass insanely well, better than anyone else I've met. Even on the busiest beaches with few pebbles, I can and will find some, maybe a lot.
- With activities I like, I can concentrate for up to 16 hours straight (That's as far as I've attempted. It was a drawing.)
- I can end dreams at will and wake up whenever if something inside the dream is problematic.
- Also, I can control that muscle in my ear, (tympani??) so I can listen to this weird sound, kind of like wind, if I want to.

Then I just have normal-unusual stuff, like a lot of the stuff above I can do, as well.
3UUXp8G.png
[quote name="Isyrii" date="2019-10-10 09:55:29" ] - Also, I can control that muscle in my ear, (tympani??) so I can listen to this weird sound, kind of like wind, if I want to. [/quote] I can do this too. It's like a booming woosh... if that makes sense? Other than that (but I don't know if this is a skill or even unusual) if I zone out while people are talking around me I'll still hear what they say and be aware of when they're talking to me, but my eyes and muscles relax enough to just be still and staring into nothing.
Isyrii wrote on 2019-10-10 09:55:29:

I can do this too. It's like a booming woosh... if that makes sense?

Other than that (but I don't know if this is a skill or even unusual) if I zone out while people are talking around me I'll still hear what they say and be aware of when they're talking to me, but my eyes and muscles relax enough to just be still and staring into nothing.
5KT5SCp.png
CioCFC3.png

FR +9 | Always looking up | They/Them
I can turn off my fight/flight response to scary or startling things. Because of this I can walk through haunted houses without jumping or flinching at all.
I can turn off my fight/flight response to scary or startling things. Because of this I can walk through haunted houses without jumping or flinching at all.
3tufjzM.jpg Honeybee
Kinda wierd, but literally somehow some of the stuff i dream comes true. Like if I dreamed about eating a certain thing, I would in the next few days. I'm also a really good liar, which I really hate. I also have really good intuition. Like I can almost predict what is going to happen. Like if I think really hard about it raining, it has a like 60% chance of happening. Also instead of acting like a normal human, in my head I'm a literal dragon. I can also tell what type of rock or mineral anything is by looking at it.
Kinda wierd, but literally somehow some of the stuff i dream comes true. Like if I dreamed about eating a certain thing, I would in the next few days. I'm also a really good liar, which I really hate. I also have really good intuition. Like I can almost predict what is going to happen. Like if I think really hard about it raining, it has a like 60% chance of happening. Also instead of acting like a normal human, in my head I'm a literal dragon. I can also tell what type of rock or mineral anything is by looking at it.
v2PJF9u.png 6kR982D.pngWn6vGC1.png
Mimicking a bird's call after only hearing it once is pretty cool, I've got a friend that has that talent :) only bird she can't seem to mimic straight away is the Tui cause they're mimickers too and the call changes depending on the bird and their location! Wicked cool
Mimicking a bird's call after only hearing it once is pretty cool, I've got a friend that has that talent :) only bird she can't seem to mimic straight away is the Tui cause they're mimickers too and the call changes depending on the bird and their location! Wicked cool
JPMCT7e.gif
+19FR time // New Zealand 2SMMpq3.gif
Constantly chasing potential breeding projects,
and pretty shiny things to add to my lair
2EUc3Li.gifWishlist2EUc3Li.gif
o0tyx2r.png
YSqtekc.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8