Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | weirdest phobias...
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
i'm afraid of being alone for too long :,} makes me a clingy friend but that's okay
i'm afraid of being alone for too long :,} makes me a clingy friend but that's okay
I have a fear of myself. I just can't relax. That's why I fail at most of my tasks.
I have a fear of myself. I just can't relax. That's why I fail at most of my tasks.
mZeSXZC.png
I have a phobia of eating steak too fast... Ever since I was like 12 or 13 I've had this intense fear that if I bite into a piece of steak there'll be a blade inside. It's total nonsense but if I go to bite into a piece the image will flash in my mind and the thought of the feeling makes me full body cringe. It takes me like 5 minutes to eat a bite of meat because I'm gently feeling for blades [emoji=guardian scared]
I have a phobia of eating steak too fast...
Ever since I was like 12 or 13 I've had this intense fear that if I bite into a piece of steak there'll be a blade inside. It's total nonsense but if I go to bite into a piece the image will flash in my mind and the thought of the feeling makes me full body cringe. It takes me like 5 minutes to eat a bite of meat because I'm gently feeling for blades
ive got a weird phobia of oceans so thats a thing.. no idea why it started but if the water is deeper than my height and i cant see the bottom then thats a problem.
ive got a weird phobia of oceans so thats a thing.. no idea why it started but if the water is deeper than my height and i cant see the bottom then thats a problem.
3a2eEFc.gif0uDHyoY.gif frog | she/her 0uDHyoY.gif3a2eEFc.gif
I have an irrational phobia of black holes, also known as Melanoheliophobia.
I have an irrational phobia of black holes, also known as Melanoheliophobia.
1565535886176.png
@Qubil i have a fear of the ocean too,,
i don't like the fact you can't see what's around you, and the fact that only 5% of the ocean has actually been explored,, so no one knows if there's some weird massive sea monster just hiding in the water somewhere hhhh

i also have a M A S S I V E fear of squid.
not octopus or cuddlefish, just squid.
just thinking about them makes me feel shaky and panicky- i've had several nightmares about squid too.
They are a big hecking nO THANK YOU
@Qubil i have a fear of the ocean too,,
i don't like the fact you can't see what's around you, and the fact that only 5% of the ocean has actually been explored,, so no one knows if there's some weird massive sea monster just hiding in the water somewhere hhhh

i also have a M A S S I V E fear of squid.
not octopus or cuddlefish, just squid.
just thinking about them makes me feel shaky and panicky- i've had several nightmares about squid too.
They are a big hecking nO THANK YOU
pixel_marigold.png
[quote name="@Geekachu" date="2019-02-19 07:52:36" ] SammpSepticEye wow your dad sounds so awful like who even does that?? ):< I have this extremely stupid fear of doing something crazy, like jumping/purposely falling in front of a car and getting my head crushed, or randomly yelling something totally obscene at someone. I'm not suicidal, and I would never say anything crazy to someone even if I wanted to, so this fear makes less than zero sense. [/quote] [s]Just seeing this now eeee sorry for being late!![/s] He is pretty awful :( Although my mother + my siblings will hopefully be moving sometime in the next few years! Hopefully sooner rather than later. I'd love to be rid of that phobia, and maybe it'll get better once he's not constantly around. And I understand your phobia too! Except it's more like... thinking back on a situation and imagining all the ways it could have gone wrong, or imagining what would have happened if I did something really stupid. But I'm not sure if that's just my general anxiety or not
@Geekachu wrote on 2019-02-19 07:52:36:
SammpSepticEye wow your dad sounds so awful like who even does that?? ):<

I have this extremely stupid fear of doing something crazy, like jumping/purposely falling in front of a car and getting my head crushed, or randomly yelling something totally obscene at someone. I'm not suicidal, and I would never say anything crazy to someone even if I wanted to, so this fear makes less than zero sense.

Just seeing this now eeee sorry for being late!!

He is pretty awful :( Although my mother + my siblings will hopefully be moving sometime in the next few years! Hopefully sooner rather than later. I'd love to be rid of that phobia, and maybe it'll get better once he's not constantly around.

And I understand your phobia too! Except it's more like... thinking back on a situation and imagining all the ways it could have gone wrong, or imagining what would have happened if I did something really stupid. But I'm not sure if that's just my general anxiety or not
trico_sprite_small.png
?VS8ts=platform.png
I used to fear the color neon yellow because I thought the literal color was poisonous. It was a weird phobia and EVERYONE teased me about it. This also lasted until I was like 13 so yeah.... XD
I used to fear the color neon yellow because I thought the literal color was poisonous. It was a weird phobia and EVERYONE teased me about it. This also lasted until I was like 13 so yeah.... XD
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
I have a very powerful fear of caterpillars. I love bugs and animals and any creepy living thing that you could throw at me (excluding ticks, they're annoying) but I'm absolutely petrified of caterpillars. It probably started backs when I was very young, about 3 and a whole bunch of kids were smashing hundreds of caterpillars on the road. I didn't understand what happened at the time but it left me with a mild dislike of them up until a couple years ago. Then, my dad, thinking I was joking, forced me to touch a caterpillar and it terrified me so much that I cannot even look at them anymore. Dunno if I'll ever be able to shake it but I hope so...
I have a very powerful fear of caterpillars. I love bugs and animals and any creepy living thing that you could throw at me (excluding ticks, they're annoying) but I'm absolutely petrified of caterpillars. It probably started backs when I was very young, about 3 and a whole bunch of kids were smashing hundreds of caterpillars on the road. I didn't understand what happened at the time but it left me with a mild dislike of them up until a couple years ago. Then, my dad, thinking I was joking, forced me to touch a caterpillar and it terrified me so much that I cannot even look at them anymore. Dunno if I'll ever be able to shake it but I hope so...
They/Them
I’m here and I’m queer
Ask to see my parrot, he is good.
I'm afraid of escalators. I've been getting better about it lately, but I still prefer to take the stairs whenever possible (sidenote, why do so many places have escalators but no stairs? Do the designers just hate me in particular?). Being on them just makes me start shaking and feeling sick.

I also have the slightly more common altocelarophobia, which is the fear of high ceilings like the ones in old churches. Mine is pretty mild compared to other people, but places like the Hagia Sophia make me feel like I'm going to "fall upwards" into the air. For some reason, it gets worse if the floor is glossy tile or the ceiling is domed/ornately painted, and it gets better if I'm sitting down or holding on to something.

(And I'm afraid of driving, but I still believe that that's an entirely rational fear.)
I'm afraid of escalators. I've been getting better about it lately, but I still prefer to take the stairs whenever possible (sidenote, why do so many places have escalators but no stairs? Do the designers just hate me in particular?). Being on them just makes me start shaking and feeling sick.

I also have the slightly more common altocelarophobia, which is the fear of high ceilings like the ones in old churches. Mine is pretty mild compared to other people, but places like the Hagia Sophia make me feel like I'm going to "fall upwards" into the air. For some reason, it gets worse if the floor is glossy tile or the ceiling is domed/ornately painted, and it gets better if I'm sitting down or holding on to something.

(And I'm afraid of driving, but I still believe that that's an entirely rational fear.)
tumblr_o23mwcXPEZ1u3wsjco6_250.png 4f4c01ec3fcd06d45834f28097a7fb2be50dc3cf.png dEo6ta2.png
nbZE1po.png
5iXiC8z.png
V7wUqxW.png
bYt72YT.png
jbMLSIO.png

nGKuPIQ.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10