Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | weirdest phobias...
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
I have a few... I have a paralyzing fear of heights but I fell out of a tree house when I was little, it didn't hurt but it was all the ear wigs I seen over my head that made the whole thing a 100x worst. I am also oddly enough terrified of all bugs including butterflies, ladybugs, and dragonfly's, I get teased still for it :/
I have a few... I have a paralyzing fear of heights but I fell out of a tree house when I was little, it didn't hurt but it was all the ear wigs I seen over my head that made the whole thing a 100x worst. I am also oddly enough terrified of all bugs including butterflies, ladybugs, and dragonfly's, I get teased still for it :/
qDYsfAR.png
i'm scared of planets.
i think the general term is megalophobia - the fear of big things. planes, planets, skyscrapers, walking beside a church and having to walk near its spire...it all really gets to me. but especially planets.

i combat this fear often, however, as i have such an adoration for space and everything in it. i often break through the intense anxiousness and temptation to stop looking at planets purely to blast through it and see how beautiful and mysterious they actually are.
i'd love to be an astronaut. in fact, at the first offer i would say yes, regardless of this silly little fear. i'm sure i'll get over it some day.
i'm scared of planets.
i think the general term is megalophobia - the fear of big things. planes, planets, skyscrapers, walking beside a church and having to walk near its spire...it all really gets to me. but especially planets.

i combat this fear often, however, as i have such an adoration for space and everything in it. i often break through the intense anxiousness and temptation to stop looking at planets purely to blast through it and see how beautiful and mysterious they actually are.
i'd love to be an astronaut. in fact, at the first offer i would say yes, regardless of this silly little fear. i'm sure i'll get over it some day.
claude // judge
main
will hold dragons that i
like to keep. will also
hold currently breeding
dragons.
for sale
holds dragons that are
for sale. feel free to have
a look at them and offer
if you wish to. sometimes
i will not be able to haggle.
lore cave
information tba
i'm scared of dogs. it's got better more recently - i used to completely freeze up if there was a dog nearby, but now i'm fine as long as the dog doesn't try to interact with me.

it's not because of any huge trauma or anything; some family friends had a very big, bouncy, and excitable dog when i was little, and i was a nervous child who didn't like unpredictable things that jumped at me.
i'm scared of dogs. it's got better more recently - i used to completely freeze up if there was a dog nearby, but now i'm fine as long as the dog doesn't try to interact with me.

it's not because of any huge trauma or anything; some family friends had a very big, bouncy, and excitable dog when i was little, and i was a nervous child who didn't like unpredictable things that jumped at me.
kit
they/them
noted corvid hoarder
I was pretty scared of being near mirrors for awhile. One time one I was younger I was alone in the house, I think I didn't get enough sleep the previous night?

Anyway, as I was leaving the bathroom out of the corner of my eye I saw that my reflection didn't look like me. It looked like a woman, but she had no face. There were just a bunch of scars and burn marks, and her hair was kinda up and floating around everywhere, it was also burnt. It was pretty brief but it terrified me.

I called asking for one of my parents to come home, don't remember which one or what they was doing. But they came home and I didn't want to be alone. Didn't look in mirrors for a bit, though I got over it eventually.

Just one of those weird things I guess.
I was pretty scared of being near mirrors for awhile. One time one I was younger I was alone in the house, I think I didn't get enough sleep the previous night?

Anyway, as I was leaving the bathroom out of the corner of my eye I saw that my reflection didn't look like me. It looked like a woman, but she had no face. There were just a bunch of scars and burn marks, and her hair was kinda up and floating around everywhere, it was also burnt. It was pretty brief but it terrified me.

I called asking for one of my parents to come home, don't remember which one or what they was doing. But they came home and I didn't want to be alone. Didn't look in mirrors for a bit, though I got over it eventually.

Just one of those weird things I guess.
mQLcOcR.png
[quote name="jxdge" date="2019-03-29 12:39:57" ] i'm scared of planets. i think the general term is megalophobia - the fear of big things. planes, planets, skyscrapers, walking beside a church and having to walk near its spire...it all really gets to me. but especially planets. i combat this fear often, however, as i have such an adoration for space and everything in it. i often break through the intense anxiousness and temptation to stop looking at planets purely to blast through it and see how beautiful and mysterious they actually are. i'd love to be an astronaut. in fact, at the first offer i would say yes, regardless of this silly little fear. i'm sure i'll get over it some day. [/quote] I'm the same way with fractals. I'm fine with the concept of infinity when we're talking about space, but fractals go inwards forever. That's super, SUPER freaky to me. Those videos where they just zoom in on a bunch of fractals give me strong anxiety, but I also love watching them because of all the colors and designs. And it's just a really interesting concept in general. Not to mention how revolutionary the discovery of complex fractals was to many design-based fields, like computer rendering.
jxdge wrote on 2019-03-29 12:39:57:
i'm scared of planets.

I'm the same way with fractals. I'm fine with the concept of infinity when we're talking about space, but fractals go inwards forever. That's super, SUPER freaky to me. Those videos where they just zoom in on a bunch of fractals give me strong anxiety, but I also love watching them because of all the colors and designs. And it's just a really interesting concept in general. Not to mention how revolutionary the discovery of complex fractals was to many design-based fields, like computer rendering.
EWVk32n.png 2myBCp7.png vnzi22K.png EZm008o.png O0Pbuvo.png
i have an irrational fear of insects. not just spiders, or bees, or beetles, y'know... all of those typical ones. it is everything. and i don't know quite where it came from.

butterflies. moths. ants. bees. spiders. beetles. ticks. flies. wasps. mosquitos. ladybugs, for crying out loud! everything scares me. i'm getting overly squeamish just thinking about them.

i've tried to get over it, but not much helps. for whatever reason, honey bees don't bother me as much anymore.
i have an irrational fear of insects. not just spiders, or bees, or beetles, y'know... all of those typical ones. it is everything. and i don't know quite where it came from.

butterflies. moths. ants. bees. spiders. beetles. ticks. flies. wasps. mosquitos. ladybugs, for crying out loud! everything scares me. i'm getting overly squeamish just thinking about them.

i've tried to get over it, but not much helps. for whatever reason, honey bees don't bother me as much anymore.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX]
2zEU4.gif

You matter.
i follow every thread i make
(+1 fr time)
5INS7.gif
Bees. I hate bees. I know they only sting if you threaten them but I get nervous around them. Don’t get me wrong I love bumblebees.. from a distance.

Mold. I don’t know what it is about it but if I see mold I nope out of the room I saw it in.

Mushrooms. They’re just.. weird. I think the cause for this was when I was a baby I tried to eat a wild mushroom and my mom told me their toxic and I guess that just stick with me.

Fire alarms. I’m really sensitive to loud noises and hate anything startling me and one time we were in a store and they started going off for no reason and it was so loud and acjaibghjk honestly I get so anxious when I’m near any

My worst phobia is puking. It’s just awful. I hate the feeling and the thought of puking makes me sick ironically.
Bees. I hate bees. I know they only sting if you threaten them but I get nervous around them. Don’t get me wrong I love bumblebees.. from a distance.

Mold. I don’t know what it is about it but if I see mold I nope out of the room I saw it in.

Mushrooms. They’re just.. weird. I think the cause for this was when I was a baby I tried to eat a wild mushroom and my mom told me their toxic and I guess that just stick with me.

Fire alarms. I’m really sensitive to loud noises and hate anything startling me and one time we were in a store and they started going off for no reason and it was so loud and acjaibghjk honestly I get so anxious when I’m near any

My worst phobia is puking. It’s just awful. I hate the feeling and the thought of puking makes me sick ironically.
fLdYOuE.pngNl7xQPH.png
kCHWEjf.png
QUIpVFE.png
Jd88XNq.png
J7D1quC.png
xYQkuHQ.png
Zombies. Cockroaches and zombies.
I know zombies don't exist but that doesn't stop the fear. I've also have a lot of very vivid zombie nightmares. One month I had 5 of them and it was just pretty awful. Even watching zombie-related things, sometimes I have to stop because my own emotions overwhelm me like I break into a sweat and my heart rate increases and yeah.

Cockroaches...I can barely even say the word half the time & even typing it is making me cringe. I always feel like if I say the word aloud I'll summon them somehow.
They're just soooo gross and disgusting and they crunch when you kill them. I can't even get near them & I completely flip out if I see them.
I also had this incident where I went to the bathroom one morning without my glasses on so I was blind as a bat only to have a cockroach climb up my arm. I didn't even seen it happen I just thought I felt something on my arm & when I looked I saw a blurry brown thing & freaked out (shaking my arm and everything).
Then it was on the ground and I didn't have my glasses on so I couldn't see where it fell so I was trapped in the bathroom too afraid to move but terrified it'd crawl on me again.
Also I remember reading a story about a cockroach crawling into someone's ear and every now and then when I'm on the verge of falling asleep I'll wake myself up and freak out about that happening to me (even though we only get spiders in my house).
Zombies. Cockroaches and zombies.
I know zombies don't exist but that doesn't stop the fear. I've also have a lot of very vivid zombie nightmares. One month I had 5 of them and it was just pretty awful. Even watching zombie-related things, sometimes I have to stop because my own emotions overwhelm me like I break into a sweat and my heart rate increases and yeah.

Cockroaches...I can barely even say the word half the time & even typing it is making me cringe. I always feel like if I say the word aloud I'll summon them somehow.
They're just soooo gross and disgusting and they crunch when you kill them. I can't even get near them & I completely flip out if I see them.
I also had this incident where I went to the bathroom one morning without my glasses on so I was blind as a bat only to have a cockroach climb up my arm. I didn't even seen it happen I just thought I felt something on my arm & when I looked I saw a blurry brown thing & freaked out (shaking my arm and everything).
Then it was on the ground and I didn't have my glasses on so I couldn't see where it fell so I was trapped in the bathroom too afraid to move but terrified it'd crawl on me again.
Also I remember reading a story about a cockroach crawling into someone's ear and every now and then when I'm on the verge of falling asleep I'll wake myself up and freak out about that happening to me (even though we only get spiders in my house).
JYq5097.png benson.png
echo.png
I'm scared of emus/cassowary/ostriches
I'm scared of emus/cassowary/ostriches
f89242824698ff3545a3a5cc074ee9bb.jpg
[quote name="YanderePower" date="2019-03-29 08:29:57" ] I'm scared of squished insects. Not insects, but SQUISHED ones. That smudge on the wall with wings crushed and a leg sticking out. big no. [/quote] Oh god same, one time I saw a dead grasshopper on the ground and i gagged ;;
YanderePower wrote on 2019-03-29 08:29:57:
I'm scared of squished insects. Not insects, but SQUISHED ones. That smudge on the wall with wings crushed and a leg sticking out. big no.
Oh god same, one time I saw a dead grasshopper on the ground and i gagged ;;
alU7SjZ.pngtumblr_oswg5vcfeg1v8lm95o3_r1_100.gifYdXahFO.gifc6ldplq.gifYdXahFO.giftumblr_oswg5vcfeg1v8lm95o4_r1_100.gifbkS13OY.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10