Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | weirdest phobias...
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
I've got a fear of centipedes, especially the house ones. No other insect bothers me this much, I have a mild freakout if I see one/if one gets close to me. Nothing should have so much l e g

Also kind of weird, but I have an aversion to barbed wire? Like I can't stand to look at it, it makes me feel itchy and I have to close my eyes. Sometimes I get it with other sharp things, but usually barbed wire.
I've got a fear of centipedes, especially the house ones. No other insect bothers me this much, I have a mild freakout if I see one/if one gets close to me. Nothing should have so much l e g

Also kind of weird, but I have an aversion to barbed wire? Like I can't stand to look at it, it makes me feel itchy and I have to close my eyes. Sometimes I get it with other sharp things, but usually barbed wire.
SORmH.gif xTVXP.gif F8Yyq.gif WEc1O.gif FgSlG.gif
Not really weird but it is weird for my age. I am deathly afraid of the dark. It's dim outside? Terrified. Time to hit the hay and rest my eyes? Oh god it's so dark.

I've watched almost every single video that Chills has uploaded, lurked in r/nosleep and r/letsnotmeet for years and I am now incredibly paranoid and afraid :')
Not really weird but it is weird for my age. I am deathly afraid of the dark. It's dim outside? Terrified. Time to hit the hay and rest my eyes? Oh god it's so dark.

I've watched almost every single video that Chills has uploaded, lurked in r/nosleep and r/letsnotmeet for years and I am now incredibly paranoid and afraid :')
I'm afraid of elevator doors
(the movie 13 Ghosts with the switching walls, the one scene where the walls closed in on the guy and his entire front half slid down his back half, so those sideways closing doors scare the poo out of me)

my other fear is amputation
(had to get stitches in my foot cause my sister left a knife on the floor and was being stupid and I didn't see it when I got up to stop her, and my dad thought it was funny to tell me that I had to get my foot removed which wasn't true and it scarred me for life)

other fears I have are garden gnomes, power tools, and things that hang from ceilings that normally shouldn't (decorations, sculptures, fans that don't look like they're secured)

I'm just a ball of anxiety I guess
I'm afraid of elevator doors
(the movie 13 Ghosts with the switching walls, the one scene where the walls closed in on the guy and his entire front half slid down his back half, so those sideways closing doors scare the poo out of me)

my other fear is amputation
(had to get stitches in my foot cause my sister left a knife on the floor and was being stupid and I didn't see it when I got up to stop her, and my dad thought it was funny to tell me that I had to get my foot removed which wasn't true and it scarred me for life)

other fears I have are garden gnomes, power tools, and things that hang from ceilings that normally shouldn't (decorations, sculptures, fans that don't look like they're secured)

I'm just a ball of anxiety I guess
259-e1fc60efe0ca273a1c274e5ec9b0bd44.jpg
Surprisingly, I'm petrified of going outside.

You know the classic moral of "don't go into a car when a stranger offers you candy" type of thing? Don't worry, it isn't going there. Anyway, a weird stranger pulled up to my house, threw a rock at my window, and made a crack in it. I'm not sure why, I guess he/she was having a bad day XD. (I was about six at the time, so I did not know what to do.)
To add to that, my cat was right where the window cracked. This meant that if the window shattered, she could've gotten hurt (in my six year old mind.)
To this day, I am still afraid of going outside in fear of someone will hurt me, like how my cat almost became injured (agoraphobia). Funny, isn't it?
Surprisingly, I'm petrified of going outside.

You know the classic moral of "don't go into a car when a stranger offers you candy" type of thing? Don't worry, it isn't going there. Anyway, a weird stranger pulled up to my house, threw a rock at my window, and made a crack in it. I'm not sure why, I guess he/she was having a bad day XD. (I was about six at the time, so I did not know what to do.)
To add to that, my cat was right where the window cracked. This meant that if the window shattered, she could've gotten hurt (in my six year old mind.)
To this day, I am still afraid of going outside in fear of someone will hurt me, like how my cat almost became injured (agoraphobia). Funny, isn't it?
guinea pigs

i'm cool with literally any other rodent, even hamsters are fine
it's just??? specifically guinea pigs
guinea pigs

i'm cool with literally any other rodent, even hamsters are fine
it's just??? specifically guinea pigs
komaeda-kun-komaeda.png
please ping me if you quote me
Looking out windows at night. I worry that one day I will look out to find something looking back.

Things lurking in the dark or under murky or deep and dark water. Could be a leaf, could be demons.

Being caught in a situation that I'm not prepared for, I'm incredibly indecisive and spilt second decisions make me nervous. So I make plans for everything I can think of. Fire at work? Plan. Someone getting angry over this post? Plan. Zombie apocalypse? Plan(s).

Falling from a certain heights. It sounds terrible but if the fall would kill me instantly I'm more okay with it but it it would seriously injure/paralyze me? Nope. Minor injury? Also no. You will not get me on a ladder. Not even a step ladder. I'll get on tables but boy will I be a big baby about getting off.

And then more 'normal' things like dying alone, people taking behind my back, plots against me, of having more (of what I believe to be) panic attacks and much more... I'm a disaster.
Looking out windows at night. I worry that one day I will look out to find something looking back.

Things lurking in the dark or under murky or deep and dark water. Could be a leaf, could be demons.

Being caught in a situation that I'm not prepared for, I'm incredibly indecisive and spilt second decisions make me nervous. So I make plans for everything I can think of. Fire at work? Plan. Someone getting angry over this post? Plan. Zombie apocalypse? Plan(s).

Falling from a certain heights. It sounds terrible but if the fall would kill me instantly I'm more okay with it but it it would seriously injure/paralyze me? Nope. Minor injury? Also no. You will not get me on a ladder. Not even a step ladder. I'll get on tables but boy will I be a big baby about getting off.

And then more 'normal' things like dying alone, people taking behind my back, plots against me, of having more (of what I believe to be) panic attacks and much more... I'm a disaster.
tumblr_inline_nk71ajhrKe1qg2i5p.png
mushrooms

it's like a kind of disgust but on a whooole another level (causing really bad anxiety and inducing panic attacks)

artwork and pictures are almost as bad but only if they're up close or detailed

but like artworks of forests with some mushrooms here and there just make me mildly uncomfortable.

flowers aren't nearly as bad, but they make me really uncomfy in the same way...

i have no idea what may have caused all of this lol

mushrooms

it's like a kind of disgust but on a whooole another level (causing really bad anxiety and inducing panic attacks)

artwork and pictures are almost as bad but only if they're up close or detailed

but like artworks of forests with some mushrooms here and there just make me mildly uncomfortable.

flowers aren't nearly as bad, but they make me really uncomfy in the same way...

i have no idea what may have caused all of this lol

I'm scared of squished insects. Not insects, but SQUISHED ones. That smudge on the wall with wings crushed and a leg sticking out. big no.
I'm scared of squished insects. Not insects, but SQUISHED ones. That smudge on the wall with wings crushed and a leg sticking out. big no.
gZsHdLC.png
I have a fear of boats. Like, avoid boats at all costs don't even think about it, kind of fear. I've only been on a boat once in my life, and that's where the fear sprouted from.
When I was about 7 or 8 I was visiting my aunt in Seattle, and we took a ferry over to an island nearby for a concert. As we were on the boat, I was having a blast. But then my grandma said, "you know, this ocean has the biggest squid in the world? It'll probably kill us." I proceeded to be so terrifying I took a seat, laid down, and just fell asleep. You know when you're so scared you just sleep? That was me for the rest of the ride there, and the ride back.
I'm not scared of the water, I can swim in water just fine. I'm not scared of bridges over water, I'm not scared of the animals in the water. Somehow my brain just equated getting killed to being on a boat but not, you know, the creatures in the water. So now it's just stuck in my head and I'm scared of boats.
Also, @IcarusInks I feel you on the bathroom one. I used to make my grandma sit in the bathroom when I took showers because I was convinced my house was haunted.
I have a fear of boats. Like, avoid boats at all costs don't even think about it, kind of fear. I've only been on a boat once in my life, and that's where the fear sprouted from.
When I was about 7 or 8 I was visiting my aunt in Seattle, and we took a ferry over to an island nearby for a concert. As we were on the boat, I was having a blast. But then my grandma said, "you know, this ocean has the biggest squid in the world? It'll probably kill us." I proceeded to be so terrifying I took a seat, laid down, and just fell asleep. You know when you're so scared you just sleep? That was me for the rest of the ride there, and the ride back.
I'm not scared of the water, I can swim in water just fine. I'm not scared of bridges over water, I'm not scared of the animals in the water. Somehow my brain just equated getting killed to being on a boat but not, you know, the creatures in the water. So now it's just stuck in my head and I'm scared of boats.
Also, @IcarusInks I feel you on the bathroom one. I used to make my grandma sit in the bathroom when I took showers because I was convinced my house was haunted.
c0svj5p.pngMH6EKBQ.pngVDnSOpl.pngIrk0Pjq.png3c2ff40a1261e2d3446da9d5f686292f1a81828e.png
I'm scared of ghosts (old house, 100% haunted) and seeing things in mirrors that I didn't know were behind me. Or just people being behind me in general because I'm scared they'll touch me.
I'm scared of ghosts (old house, 100% haunted) and seeing things in mirrors that I didn't know were behind me. Or just people being behind me in general because I'm scared they'll touch me.
AvatarofAkatosh-cropped.png I tried to make an aesthetic signature but it broke :(
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10