Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [guide] Coli skills + enemy stats
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 69 70
@Sylvandyr

I think I'll train in the Mire for now, since the new mobs use a lot of bolts and I have to refresh the Coliseum after a few fights because of the lag.

I had this team in Kelp Beds:

- Dragon 1: 58 QCK (and 103 STR), Ambush x2
- Dragon 2: 40 QCK (and 115 STR, I can Rally Eliminate Maren Scout, Maren Wavesinger, Abyss Striker, Relic Eel), Ambush x2
- Dragon 3: 5 QCK

I got 4 turns (Dragon 1, Dragon 2, Dragon 2, Dragon 1) before all packs including Abyss Striker (60 QCK) and Relic Eel (62 QCK):
  • Relic Eel - Abyss Striker - Relic Eel
  • Abyss Striker - Relic Eel - Abyss Striker
  • Cloud Chaser - Relic Eel - Golden Porpoise
  • Abyss Striker - Kelp Tender - Relic Eel
  • Jeweled Octoflyer - Abyss Striker - Octoflyer
  • Octoflyer - Golden Porpoise - Maren Scout - Abyss Striker
It seems 58 QCK is enough for a dragon to be faster than all the mobs.
@Sylvandyr

I think I'll train in the Mire for now, since the new mobs use a lot of bolts and I have to refresh the Coliseum after a few fights because of the lag.

I had this team in Kelp Beds:

- Dragon 1: 58 QCK (and 103 STR), Ambush x2
- Dragon 2: 40 QCK (and 115 STR, I can Rally Eliminate Maren Scout, Maren Wavesinger, Abyss Striker, Relic Eel), Ambush x2
- Dragon 3: 5 QCK

I got 4 turns (Dragon 1, Dragon 2, Dragon 2, Dragon 1) before all packs including Abyss Striker (60 QCK) and Relic Eel (62 QCK):
  • Relic Eel - Abyss Striker - Relic Eel
  • Abyss Striker - Relic Eel - Abyss Striker
  • Cloud Chaser - Relic Eel - Golden Porpoise
  • Abyss Striker - Kelp Tender - Relic Eel
  • Jeweled Octoflyer - Abyss Striker - Octoflyer
  • Octoflyer - Golden Porpoise - Maren Scout - Abyss Striker
It seems 58 QCK is enough for a dragon to be faster than all the mobs.
@Azure - It seems the testing consensus so far is showing faster results with Mire training, anyway. So maybe you aren't missing much aside from new loot. Sad day.

@Maki - Thanks for testing. :) Sadly, it seems no STR threshold can be hit with 58 vs. 62 QCK, so the most will be some additional VIT from skipping the QCK. There's a speed run done by Solar in Kiena's thread and it seems the Mire training is faster there, too. So unless you want Kelp Beds loot while exalting, Mire is better for exalts. Sad. :(

[EDIT]: Solar tested the double physical 103 STR/62 QCK build that I wanted to test and the times are somewhat similar to Mire times. Pretty decent news for arm saving (less clicks) and being able to farm new items / data. Still risky though, mobs are stronger. Also, Mire is still on average 20 sec per dragon faster in their tests, which adds up when mass exalting. Maybe the extra VIT from skipping the QCK and using 58 instead of 62 will help a bit?
@Azure - It seems the testing consensus so far is showing faster results with Mire training, anyway. So maybe you aren't missing much aside from new loot. Sad day.

@Maki - Thanks for testing. :) Sadly, it seems no STR threshold can be hit with 58 vs. 62 QCK, so the most will be some additional VIT from skipping the QCK. There's a speed run done by Solar in Kiena's thread and it seems the Mire training is faster there, too. So unless you want Kelp Beds loot while exalting, Mire is better for exalts. Sad. :(

[EDIT]: Solar tested the double physical 103 STR/62 QCK build that I wanted to test and the times are somewhat similar to Mire times. Pretty decent news for arm saving (less clicks) and being able to farm new items / data. Still risky though, mobs are stronger. Also, Mire is still on average 20 sec per dragon faster in their tests, which adds up when mass exalting. Maybe the extra VIT from skipping the QCK and using 58 instead of 62 will help a bit?
Bonsai pixels (tofu and tea motif) by miirshroom
@Maki (update ping) - So by complete randomness, I decided to stop being lazy and look at Bite damage. Turns out, it's the same damage as Scratch. I know you like to play around with builds a lot, just a heads up that I added Bite to the Calculator tool. Maybe it'll help decide on certain VIT levels, although there are lots of damage sources so obviously the Bite from the Relic Eel won't be the only factor. Since Relic Eels are the fastest, though, maybe it'll be relevant to consider their damage.

Since I have Bite damage now (which was holding me back for one of the tool features), expect to see some sort of update from me a few days after I get back from vacation and rest and everything. I'll be making the move list easier to navigate by only showing the possible ones for the selected monster / custom element.
@Maki (update ping) - So by complete randomness, I decided to stop being lazy and look at Bite damage. Turns out, it's the same damage as Scratch. I know you like to play around with builds a lot, just a heads up that I added Bite to the Calculator tool. Maybe it'll help decide on certain VIT levels, although there are lots of damage sources so obviously the Bite from the Relic Eel won't be the only factor. Since Relic Eels are the fastest, though, maybe it'll be relevant to consider their damage.

Since I have Bite damage now (which was holding me back for one of the tool features), expect to see some sort of update from me a few days after I get back from vacation and rest and everything. I'll be making the move list easier to navigate by only showing the possible ones for the selected monster / custom element.
@Sylvandyr

I still haven't decided between 103 STR / 60 QCK / 23 VIT (1210 Health) and 103 STR / 62 QCK / 18 VIT (1110 Health), but I think 100 extra health could be better than Relic Eel getting only one turn in the third round (bite damage is 186).

Have you seen the updates? Jeweled Octoflyers and Psywurms no longer cast Enfeeble, so I presume AI was changed.
@Sylvandyr

I still haven't decided between 103 STR / 60 QCK / 23 VIT (1210 Health) and 103 STR / 62 QCK / 18 VIT (1110 Health), but I think 100 extra health could be better than Relic Eel getting only one turn in the third round (bite damage is 186).

Have you seen the updates? Jeweled Octoflyers and Psywurms no longer cast Enfeeble, so I presume AI was changed.
@Maki - Hmm I think I agree, the health will be a nice buffer for exalt leveling. Unless they add new mobs that somehow mess up the threshold, being on the edge of the turn order will be more worth it. This actually makes me wonder if my mixed QCK build for the Mire will work with less than 55 QCK. I'll be Tincturing soon when I get home and testing it. I think you mentioned the Salve Kamaitachi before too, but I don't remember which QCK duo you tested. Was the slower one 46 or 50?

This update looks cool! I'm sad that they took out Enfeeble because its damage is weaker and I liked that it wasted their Breath. On the other hand, it was clever of the art team to just swap the AI while the Chrome bug is not fixed. I'm 99% sure that they were switched to elementalBolter, but unable to test myself.

[EDIT]: Yep. Kiena confirmed that they're indeed elementalBolter AI now. I fixed my tool to reflect this.
@Maki - Hmm I think I agree, the health will be a nice buffer for exalt leveling. Unless they add new mobs that somehow mess up the threshold, being on the edge of the turn order will be more worth it. This actually makes me wonder if my mixed QCK build for the Mire will work with less than 55 QCK. I'll be Tincturing soon when I get home and testing it. I think you mentioned the Salve Kamaitachi before too, but I don't remember which QCK duo you tested. Was the slower one 46 or 50?

This update looks cool! I'm sad that they took out Enfeeble because its damage is weaker and I liked that it wasted their Breath. On the other hand, it was clever of the art team to just swap the AI while the Chrome bug is not fixed. I'm 99% sure that they were switched to elementalBolter, but unable to test myself.

[EDIT]: Yep. Kiena confirmed that they're indeed elementalBolter AI now. I fixed my tool to reflect this.
Thanks for the guide!

Is there anywhere it lists exactly what elements are weak to what attack?
Thanks for the guide!

Is there anywhere it lists exactly what elements are weak to what attack?
tumblr_paowz6ygV51s79fpho3_400.png Mediscoot's Projects and Quests
NPC Color Guide
Monthly Coliseum Challenge Thread
Big Book of FR Memes
Currently Questing:
Frigid fugitive shackles
@Mediscoot - Yup, here is a guide:

http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=gde&id=1045521&p=mb

Click their spreadsheet link to see the full sized chart.
@Mediscoot - Yup, here is a guide:

http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=gde&id=1045521&p=mb

Click their spreadsheet link to see the full sized chart.
@Maki (update ping) - I added a Rallied Scratch + Eliminate column to Mire and Kelp Beds. Interesting that you can use the Rallied Scratch + Eliminate to kill anything except the Kelp Tenders and Mammertees if you have 112 STR. Possibly relevant for farming, but I feel that too much QCK would be sacrificed for exalt leveling.
@Maki (update ping) - I added a Rallied Scratch + Eliminate column to Mire and Kelp Beds. Interesting that you can use the Rallied Scratch + Eliminate to kill anything except the Kelp Tenders and Mammertees if you have 112 STR. Possibly relevant for farming, but I feel that too much QCK would be sacrificed for exalt leveling.
@Sylvandyr

Thank you! It's good to know 103 STR is enough to defeat Maren Scout using Rallied Scratch + Eliminate, especially for the packs of four mobs.
@Sylvandyr

Thank you! It's good to know 103 STR is enough to defeat Maren Scout using Rallied Scratch + Eliminate, especially for the packs of four mobs.
@Sylvandyr

Thank you for adding the new mobs! I'll have to use Rally for them.
@Sylvandyr

Thank you for adding the new mobs! I'll have to use Rally for them.
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 69 70