Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [guide] Coli skills + enemy stats
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 69 70
@Sylvandyr

!!

thank you for the ping! i'll check it out later on tonight when i get some free time ^^
@Sylvandyr

!!

thank you for the ping! i'll check it out later on tonight when i get some free time ^^
i20f2.gif wzzws.gif pigi5.gif
@Sylvandyr

Yay, thank you! Now I can check if there is a significant difference between Scratch at 112 STR, 114 STR and 115 STR. I know that I wasn't able to Scratch one-shot the Clown Charger at 110 STR, but I can at 112 STR.
@Sylvandyr

Yay, thank you! Now I can check if there is a significant difference between Scratch at 112 STR, 114 STR and 115 STR. I know that I wasn't able to Scratch one-shot the Clown Charger at 110 STR, but I can at 112 STR.
@elriic - Thank you!

@Maki - Yep, I was getting inconvenienced by the slightly-less-common skill combos not being able to show up in the monster requirements chart due to lack of space, and it finally motivated me to get going on this thing. If the calculator's ever down or something, if you need to compare the damage of two dragons of different STR on the same mob, a quick rule is that each point of STR adds 4 damage to a mob of the same DEF for Scratch or 12 damage for Eliminate. :)

---

So I'd like some opinions. I had an idea about how to better represent the remaining Health thing, and I was thinking I'd add a little portion off to the side that lets you click a button to "Add this skill effect to the target's current health". This would not update unless you press the button, and it would remember the previous health amount unless you click the other button to "Reset the target to full health" (or if you changed the target's full health amount). The feature would allow you to quickly check on less common but sometimes-used combos (such as Contuse + Eliminate) OR maybe test Scratch from Dragon A + Eliminate from Dragon B (and they have different STR levels).

Thoughts?
@elriic - Thank you!

@Maki - Yep, I was getting inconvenienced by the slightly-less-common skill combos not being able to show up in the monster requirements chart due to lack of space, and it finally motivated me to get going on this thing. If the calculator's ever down or something, if you need to compare the damage of two dragons of different STR on the same mob, a quick rule is that each point of STR adds 4 damage to a mob of the same DEF for Scratch or 12 damage for Eliminate. :)

---

So I'd like some opinions. I had an idea about how to better represent the remaining Health thing, and I was thinking I'd add a little portion off to the side that lets you click a button to "Add this skill effect to the target's current health". This would not update unless you press the button, and it would remember the previous health amount unless you click the other button to "Reset the target to full health" (or if you changed the target's full health amount). The feature would allow you to quickly check on less common but sometimes-used combos (such as Contuse + Eliminate) OR maybe test Scratch from Dragon A + Eliminate from Dragon B (and they have different STR levels).

Thoughts?
Bonsai pixels (tofu and tea motif) by miirshroom
I added the updating health bar, so you can see whether a chain of different skills (or same skills with different offensive stats) will KO an enemy or not. Eventually, relevant modifiers like Rally, Contuse, etc. will be applicable, too.

Still not very happy with the design of the DoT/HoT system interaction with the health bar. Thinking of applying a turn order thing with a combat log, but other suggestions are welcome. Maybe it doesn't need to be that complicated and I should just put another button to apply the DoT/HoT if anyone cares about that.

I'm aware of the positioning issues when viewing on small resolution like a smartphone, sigh. Gonna have to get rid of the css and do invisible tables, maybe.

Working on making only relevant skills show up in the skill dropdown, too.

Actually, right now, I'm not working on the tool because I'm grinding for other data. Shhh.
I added the updating health bar, so you can see whether a chain of different skills (or same skills with different offensive stats) will KO an enemy or not. Eventually, relevant modifiers like Rally, Contuse, etc. will be applicable, too.

Still not very happy with the design of the DoT/HoT system interaction with the health bar. Thinking of applying a turn order thing with a combat log, but other suggestions are welcome. Maybe it doesn't need to be that complicated and I should just put another button to apply the DoT/HoT if anyone cares about that.

I'm aware of the positioning issues when viewing on small resolution like a smartphone, sigh. Gonna have to get rid of the css and do invisible tables, maybe.

Working on making only relevant skills show up in the skill dropdown, too.

Actually, right now, I'm not working on the tool because I'm grinding for other data. Shhh.
@Sylvandyr

Thank you for the health bar! It's much easier now to find how many Scratches I need for each mob.

I changed the stats of my farming team from 115 Str / 40 Qck to 114 Str / 41 Qck and it seems there are very few differences between 114 Str and 115 Str:
- Brilliant Psywurm: 2x Scratch + Eliminate instead of Scratch + Eliminate
- Venerable Shalebuck: 4x Scratch instead of 3x
- Scarlet Flycatcher: 3x Scratch instead of 2x
- Blue Dragon Snail: 3x Scratch instead of 2x

They are faster than Brush Dodos, Hooded Dodos and also Brilliant Psywurms - I can even use them for training in the Mire.
@Sylvandyr

Thank you for the health bar! It's much easier now to find how many Scratches I need for each mob.

I changed the stats of my farming team from 115 Str / 40 Qck to 114 Str / 41 Qck and it seems there are very few differences between 114 Str and 115 Str:
- Brilliant Psywurm: 2x Scratch + Eliminate instead of Scratch + Eliminate
- Venerable Shalebuck: 4x Scratch instead of 3x
- Scarlet Flycatcher: 3x Scratch instead of 2x
- Blue Dragon Snail: 3x Scratch instead of 2x

They are faster than Brush Dodos, Hooded Dodos and also Brilliant Psywurms - I can even use them for training in the Mire.
@Maki - How does the 41 Qck compare to 46 Qck? Especially in the Mire? Turn order is so messed up, I can't guess completely by stat comparison. :P
@Maki - How does the 41 Qck compare to 46 Qck? Especially in the Mire? Turn order is so messed up, I can't guess completely by stat comparison. :P
@Kiena

In the Mire, the Venomous Toridae is faster and sometimes the Brilliant Psywurm gets two turns in a row, but I use Rally, so there is no significant difference - there are maximum 2 Venomous Toridae in a pack, so I can eliminate both even if I have only 3 turns before them.

In Harpy's Roost, the Masked Harpy is faster, but I can Eliminate one-shot the Stonewatch Harpy at 114 Str.

I still think 112 Str / 46 Qck is best for training in the Mire, but I get bored in only one venue, so I prefer to also train in Harpy's Roost or even in the Boreal Wood xD
@Kiena

In the Mire, the Venomous Toridae is faster and sometimes the Brilliant Psywurm gets two turns in a row, but I use Rally, so there is no significant difference - there are maximum 2 Venomous Toridae in a pack, so I can eliminate both even if I have only 3 turns before them.

In Harpy's Roost, the Masked Harpy is faster, but I can Eliminate one-shot the Stonewatch Harpy at 114 Str.

I still think 112 Str / 46 Qck is best for training in the Mire, but I get bored in only one venue, so I prefer to also train in Harpy's Roost or even in the Boreal Wood xD
@Maki - Hm, interesting. I was wondering why 114 STR, I didn't notice that the Stonewatch Harpy could be one shot with that. Keep an eye out for turn order when leveling different exalt bait breeds in Harpy's Roost, would you please? The turn order threshold (for slower QCK things to not be bumped out of default turn order) depends on some sort of average of all the participants, so I've found that sometimes a Skydancer exalt bait or something would behave differently from a Guardian. I'm curious to know if there are any turn order differences for certain mobs if you're using different exalt bait. (I get a headache thinking about how turn order works, and I haven't been able to determine the algorithm for sure, so I usually just use faster dragons... and I'm a cheapskate and don't want to use Tinctures, so I can't test it myself.)
@Maki - Hm, interesting. I was wondering why 114 STR, I didn't notice that the Stonewatch Harpy could be one shot with that. Keep an eye out for turn order when leveling different exalt bait breeds in Harpy's Roost, would you please? The turn order threshold (for slower QCK things to not be bumped out of default turn order) depends on some sort of average of all the participants, so I've found that sometimes a Skydancer exalt bait or something would behave differently from a Guardian. I'm curious to know if there are any turn order differences for certain mobs if you're using different exalt bait. (I get a headache thinking about how turn order works, and I haven't been able to determine the algorithm for sure, so I usually just use faster dragons... and I'm a cheapskate and don't want to use Tinctures, so I can't test it myself.)
Just wanted to say this is incredibly helpful, thank you so very much!
Just wanted to say this is incredibly helpful, thank you so very much!
10066.png tumblr_novuq6fyfl1uow4yfo6_r7_400.png
tumblr_novuq6fyfl1uow4yfo7_r7_250.pngtumblr_novuq6fyfl1uow4yfo8_r3_250.png
@damphyr - Glad that it helped. :)
@damphyr - Glad that it helped. :)
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 69 70