Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Den Expansion Task + Item Tracking Sheet
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
@NirnrootNoises

Thank you so, so much for this! I was having such a hard time trying to figure out how to track all this, and I'm nowhere near good enough at spreadsheets to make anything so useful! I was so excited when I found your post, it's exactly what I needed.
@NirnrootNoises

Thank you so, so much for this! I was having such a hard time trying to figure out how to track all this, and I'm nowhere near good enough at spreadsheets to make anything so useful! I was so excited when I found your post, it's exactly what I needed.
smol_zest.pngsmol_poppy.png
ahh I'm so pleased to hear that @missaliceblue! happy to help on your expansion quest [emoji=coatl laughing]
ahh I'm so pleased to hear that @missaliceblue! happy to help on your expansion quest
tiny_oml_banner_by_wildewinged-dcjipej.png-amtgCED.png
@aiwowie @Juxta13 @bakurabox @pondweed @CorpseCopse @wildewinged @BottledLightning Hello dears, I have a pretty big update for you this time! The spreadsheet link in [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2635549/1#post_2635549]this post[/url] has been updated with the newest sheet, and here are the changes: [emoji=gold star] Trades in the spreadsheet are now in the order listed on the FR Den Slot Tasks (All) page [emoji=gold star] "Tools of the Trade" trade was added (there was a duplicate Chimera trade instead of this one!) If you would like to quickly transfer your completed trades from the old sheet to the new sheet (which has a new order for the trades), you can use this new [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SrIR8aKPXC0c6_r2kGK_Rb_9FoI1bTan2ShyhzrfAg0/edit?usp=sharing]Transfer Sheet[/url] to do so! Here is how to use it: - Make a copy - In your old Den Expansion Task and Item Tracker sheet, copy column A ("Complete?") - In the Transfer sheet, paste [b]VALUES ONLY[/b] (either with ctrl-shift-v or right click > paste special >paste values only) into column B of the Old Order tab - You can then go to the NEW Order tab and the trades you've completed should be correctly labeled as yes or no! - Copy column A in the NEW Order tab, and paste [b]VALUES ONLY[/b] (either with ctrl-shift-v or right click > paste special >paste values only) into Column A ("Complete?") in your copy of the newest version of the Den Expansion Task and Item Tracker - This should correctly label your completed trades in the new order on the new sheet! I'd hate for you guys to have to go in and fill them out again manually, so I hope this transfer sheet works for you! [emoji=tundra laughing] As always, feel free to reach out to me with feedback or questions or suggestions for the sheet [emoji=familiar heart]
@aiwowie @Juxta13 @bakurabox @pondweed @CorpseCopse @wildewinged @BottledLightning

Hello dears, I have a pretty big update for you this time! The spreadsheet link in this post has been updated with the newest sheet, and here are the changes:

Trades in the spreadsheet are now in the order listed on the FR Den Slot Tasks (All) page
"Tools of the Trade" trade was added (there was a duplicate Chimera trade instead of this one!)

If you would like to quickly transfer your completed trades from the old sheet to the new sheet (which has a new order for the trades), you can use this new Transfer Sheet to do so! Here is how to use it:

- Make a copy
- In your old Den Expansion Task and Item Tracker sheet, copy column A ("Complete?")
- In the Transfer sheet, paste VALUES ONLY (either with ctrl-shift-v or right click > paste special >paste values only) into column B of the Old Order tab
- You can then go to the NEW Order tab and the trades you've completed should be correctly labeled as yes or no!
- Copy column A in the NEW Order tab, and paste VALUES ONLY (either with ctrl-shift-v or right click > paste special >paste values only) into Column A ("Complete?") in your copy of the newest version of the Den Expansion Task and Item Tracker
- This should correctly label your completed trades in the new order on the new sheet!

I'd hate for you guys to have to go in and fill them out again manually, so I hope this transfer sheet works for you!

As always, feel free to reach out to me with feedback or questions or suggestions for the sheet
@NirnrootNoises

First and foremost, thank you (and the people who helped you!) so much for taking the time and effort to put this together! This is extremely helpful and I'm very grateful.

Will you please add me to the updates pinglist? Thanks!!

I also had a question. When I view the Trade tab, I can see all items associated with a trade. However, when I view the Items Needed tab, it looks like I can only see one item from each task, which means I can only easily find the location of one of these items. I'm 100% willing to accept that this is user error. Can you please provide some instructions on how to view the locations of the rest of the items in each task?

Thank you so much!
@NirnrootNoises

First and foremost, thank you (and the people who helped you!) so much for taking the time and effort to put this together! This is extremely helpful and I'm very grateful.

Will you please add me to the updates pinglist? Thanks!!

I also had a question. When I view the Trade tab, I can see all items associated with a trade. However, when I view the Items Needed tab, it looks like I can only see one item from each task, which means I can only easily find the location of one of these items. I'm 100% willing to accept that this is user error. Can you please provide some instructions on how to view the locations of the rest of the items in each task?

Thank you so much!
3ti5tEK.pngbRkNGZW.png
hi @Rebekah! I'm glad the spreadsheet is helpful for you :D I have added you to the pinglist! Regarding seeing all the locations for each item in a task, I decided it would be way too clunky to have all that information in the same area as the trade itself, which is why it was moved to the Items Needed tab. This spreadsheet is meant to be as streamlined as possible while still having all the information you need! The Items Needed tab has [i]all[/i] the items that will be needed, which I think is more helpful than just per trade, since you can see the [b]total number[/b] of the item that you will need. This is helpful for items like the Sakura Owlet which are needed in two trades. If you were just looking at the items by trade and their location, then you wouldn't know you needed more Sakura Owlets until you got to that second trade. To help you find all the locations for each item in a trade, you'll have to look them each up on the Items Needed tab. You really only need to do this as you encounter trades where you are missing items. In general, they are still grouped together by trade, so ones that are close together are usually needed at the same time, but you can also search for individual ones with ctrl+f. I hope that helps! If I am misunderstanding your question, please feel free to PM me and I can work with you on it [emoji=tundra laughing]
hi @Rebekah! I'm glad the spreadsheet is helpful for you :D I have added you to the pinglist!

Regarding seeing all the locations for each item in a task, I decided it would be way too clunky to have all that information in the same area as the trade itself, which is why it was moved to the Items Needed tab. This spreadsheet is meant to be as streamlined as possible while still having all the information you need!

The Items Needed tab has all the items that will be needed, which I think is more helpful than just per trade, since you can see the total number of the item that you will need. This is helpful for items like the Sakura Owlet which are needed in two trades. If you were just looking at the items by trade and their location, then you wouldn't know you needed more Sakura Owlets until you got to that second trade.

To help you find all the locations for each item in a trade, you'll have to look them each up on the Items Needed tab. You really only need to do this as you encounter trades where you are missing items. In general, they are still grouped together by trade, so ones that are close together are usually needed at the same time, but you can also search for individual ones with ctrl+f.

I hope that helps! If I am misunderstanding your question, please feel free to PM me and I can work with you on it
Oh, I understand now!! They're all in there, just not in the same order as the tasks themselves. Ctrl-F works just fine. Thank you so much for your help, and thanks again for the spreadsheet!
Oh, I understand now!! They're all in there, just not in the same order as the tasks themselves. Ctrl-F works just fine. Thank you so much for your help, and thanks again for the spreadsheet!
3ti5tEK.pngbRkNGZW.png
you are very welcome @Rebekah! Your feedback is very helpful. I have made a note to review the order of the items and put them more solidly in line with the trade they belong to! [emoji=guardian happy]
you are very welcome @Rebekah! Your feedback is very helpful. I have made a note to review the order of the items and put them more solidly in line with the trade they belong to!
@Rebeka @NirnrootNoises
I personally found it much easier to locate what I'm looking for using Order A-Z filter on the items tab.

I had trouble trying to use the transfer sheet. I'm sure it was user error. But I couldn't get the completed? column to paste correctly Yes/no. It kept replicating the tasks. Didn't have much entered yet, so was easy to just re-input.
@Rebeka @NirnrootNoises
I personally found it much easier to locate what I'm looking for using Order A-Z filter on the items tab.

I had trouble trying to use the transfer sheet. I'm sure it was user error. But I couldn't get the completed? column to paste correctly Yes/no. It kept replicating the tasks. Didn't have much entered yet, so was easy to just re-input.
hey @BottledLightning! i think that must be a result of copying/pasting the incorrect thing - it should only be the completed column pasted [b]values only[/b], not any of the task columns. i had someone test the sheet again for me, and it worked for them, so it's probably just a copy/paste issue! glad putting things in manually worked for you though [emoji=tundra laughing] if you have any other questions on the process, feel free to pm me and i can look at the issue more closely!
hey @BottledLightning! i think that must be a result of copying/pasting the incorrect thing - it should only be the completed column pasted values only, not any of the task columns. i had someone test the sheet again for me, and it worked for them, so it's probably just a copy/paste issue! glad putting things in manually worked for you though

if you have any other questions on the process, feel free to pm me and i can look at the issue more closely!
Pinglist me pls! Hibernal tasks are fun but maddening.
Pinglist me pls! Hibernal tasks are fun but maddening.
All Nest Rentals - 5g/5kt and 40 food pls
0304941-D-23-B9-407-C-925-C-1-A4-DDF7-D58-B6.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9