Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lorenieth, A Lore Discussion Hub!
1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 46 47
Fashion, money, diplomacy and glass making/anything that requires shaping are the first that come to mind.

Fashion-from an old nuzlocke about a PC who lost his pearl, it was noted that PCs basically bred themselves prettier so the appeal for beauty always stuck with me. Fashion is usually held as a beauty standard and I can see all it's highs and lows plaguing PCs of all types.

Money-one of my own PCs is a treasurer, not just treasure but numbers in general. It's tied into their truth aspect but also their haughtiness, the purity of numbers and the concrete surety of math.

Diplomacy-....mostly of the 'I'm insulting you but I'm saying it in such a way that you don't notice' variety. If they can get over their haughtiness then they're excellent speakers and I feel PC culture is one of those where every action has a subtle/secondary meaning you could take away. Nature ones I can see getting behind flower language, this bouquet is beautiful but it proclaims their eternal hatred of you and all your line kind of thing.

Glassmaking-I see PCs as shapers, it's from the fact they form their own pearls. I've had cooks and smiths in my clan but, at least for Light PCs, I feel like cleanliness is a standard and given glass's transparency and clarity even a mess of glass is still preferred to other messes of dirtier elements.
Fashion, money, diplomacy and glass making/anything that requires shaping are the first that come to mind.

Fashion-from an old nuzlocke about a PC who lost his pearl, it was noted that PCs basically bred themselves prettier so the appeal for beauty always stuck with me. Fashion is usually held as a beauty standard and I can see all it's highs and lows plaguing PCs of all types.

Money-one of my own PCs is a treasurer, not just treasure but numbers in general. It's tied into their truth aspect but also their haughtiness, the purity of numbers and the concrete surety of math.

Diplomacy-....mostly of the 'I'm insulting you but I'm saying it in such a way that you don't notice' variety. If they can get over their haughtiness then they're excellent speakers and I feel PC culture is one of those where every action has a subtle/secondary meaning you could take away. Nature ones I can see getting behind flower language, this bouquet is beautiful but it proclaims their eternal hatred of you and all your line kind of thing.

Glassmaking-I see PCs as shapers, it's from the fact they form their own pearls. I've had cooks and smiths in my clan but, at least for Light PCs, I feel like cleanliness is a standard and given glass's transparency and clarity even a mess of glass is still preferred to other messes of dirtier elements.
zBb62uZ.pngkiukE70.png1.png
While I don't have any examples of them myself (my Pearlcatchers are all screwed up, whoops), I think Pearlcatchers would make excellent bartenders / innkeepers (depending on what kind of time period your clan is set in!). Who else to talk to but a bartender or innkeeper for some juicy gossip? Sure, they might have a little bit of an attitude, but the latest rumors are often worth their weight in gold treasure!

I also think they'd make excellent historians, as I imagine they're very attentive to detail (and determined to record only the truth!)

They'd also probably good for being knowledgeable on (and maybe even creators of) the latest fashion; perhaps always one step ahead of the rest of Sornieth with their fancy apparel and glorious manes!

And who could resist a good clan snob, (s)he who lives atop yonder hill, looking down his / her nose at the world from the highest point of the clan?

Maybe not canonically, but since they are magical fighters instead of physical, I feel like they'd also be very good oracles, as one of mine are, as well as good scholars over in the Starfall Isles. I also really love the idea of them being good sun catchers, collecting rays of light and sparkles in little jars instead of fairies (maybe their pearl is used as a point of grounding that attracts light and sparkles, who knows?)

If I had more Pearlcatchers without jobs, I'd definitely dedicate one to being my bartender, another to being fashion-forward (who often gives their unwanted opinion on everyone's outfit and home, I mean, SOMEONE had the great idea of making those gorgeous pillars in the Sunbeam Ruins--speaking of, since the Light territory's description has a lot to do with architecture, they'd probably be good designers in multiple fields), and another would be a scholar or general information dragon, likely a dweebish loner who's worse than Kaimae...
While I don't have any examples of them myself (my Pearlcatchers are all screwed up, whoops), I think Pearlcatchers would make excellent bartenders / innkeepers (depending on what kind of time period your clan is set in!). Who else to talk to but a bartender or innkeeper for some juicy gossip? Sure, they might have a little bit of an attitude, but the latest rumors are often worth their weight in gold treasure!

I also think they'd make excellent historians, as I imagine they're very attentive to detail (and determined to record only the truth!)

They'd also probably good for being knowledgeable on (and maybe even creators of) the latest fashion; perhaps always one step ahead of the rest of Sornieth with their fancy apparel and glorious manes!

And who could resist a good clan snob, (s)he who lives atop yonder hill, looking down his / her nose at the world from the highest point of the clan?

Maybe not canonically, but since they are magical fighters instead of physical, I feel like they'd also be very good oracles, as one of mine are, as well as good scholars over in the Starfall Isles. I also really love the idea of them being good sun catchers, collecting rays of light and sparkles in little jars instead of fairies (maybe their pearl is used as a point of grounding that attracts light and sparkles, who knows?)

If I had more Pearlcatchers without jobs, I'd definitely dedicate one to being my bartender, another to being fashion-forward (who often gives their unwanted opinion on everyone's outfit and home, I mean, SOMEONE had the great idea of making those gorgeous pillars in the Sunbeam Ruins--speaking of, since the Light territory's description has a lot to do with architecture, they'd probably be good designers in multiple fields), and another would be a scholar or general information dragon, likely a dweebish loner who's worse than Kaimae...
80757570p.png 77134736p.png
If anyone is familiar with Louis McMaster Bujold’s Vorkosigan books, I have always thought of Pearlcatchers as dragonkind’s Haut. Really just operating on a level the rest of us are not even aware of while they play their cerebral games amongst themselves. So naturally, I think of them as gifted matchmakers (the Haut were master genetic modifiers).

Oddly, my oldest Pearlcatcher was one of my first Coli dragons, so I guess she didn’t/doesn’t fit in well in Pearlcatcher society. (Or in keeping with the Vorkosiverse, was married off to a Gem Lord).
If anyone is familiar with Louis McMaster Bujold’s Vorkosigan books, I have always thought of Pearlcatchers as dragonkind’s Haut. Really just operating on a level the rest of us are not even aware of while they play their cerebral games amongst themselves. So naturally, I think of them as gifted matchmakers (the Haut were master genetic modifiers).

Oddly, my oldest Pearlcatcher was one of my first Coli dragons, so I guess she didn’t/doesn’t fit in well in Pearlcatcher society. (Or in keeping with the Vorkosiverse, was married off to a Gem Lord).
UYU9v2z.jpg
Most of my dragons are molded into personalities that I think suit them as individuals, but I do enjoy canon lore as well, so I have a few Pearlcatchers who fit their breed nicely! Because I'm bad at coming up with things on the fly, here are some of my PCs and their jobs. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=17876519] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/178766/17876519_350.png[/img] [/url] Fitzel is about as "Pearlcatcher" as a dragon can get. Haughty, superior, and convinced he's the pinnacle of dragonkind. He [i]does[/i] love gossip, though he's not a huge fan of other dragons, which sort of makes gossiping hard. ANd unless I decide to replace him... he's the Nature Ambassador of the clan. His job is to represent his own flight within the Toxic Wastes, as well as represent the Toxic Wastes when he returns home to Nature. Thinking on it, he may have to step down in that regard, because he uh... doesn't actually think very highly of the Wastes. I haven't even figured out why he's here yet. More importantly, though, Fitzel is a florist. Being a florist isn't just about breeding and selling pretty flowers; not to Fitz. Being a florist is about making the most amazing, beautiful, impressive plants for others to admire and adore. It's about having the most massive and elaborate garden in the Wastes. And, of course, overhearing juicy tidbits of clan gossip from his customers and visitors... [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=15705688] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/157057/15705688_350.png[/img] [/url] Ilios, interestingly enough, is also an Ambassador - the Light one. And whereas I'm not entirely sure about Fitzel keeping that job, it fits Ilios like a glove. Ilios is as regal as they come, and not only comfortable in his own superiority, but in the superiority of his birth flight. Coming to the Wastes was an act of charity - spreading the good message of Light to a dingy old Plague clan. As for the cowardice, Ilios has that covered - he's the only member of the Wastes to have his very own bodyguard. Lux is also a Pearlcatcher, but he's quite a different one, as he was raised to be a fighter. Regardless, Ilios appreciates him greatly and never goes anywhere without him. He's also a scribe, a job he takes incredibly seriously.Most of his writings are about Light flight endeavors and his own job, but occasionally he may help clan historian Dirzel (that horrible barbarian!) with things. So I guess what I have to offer here is that PCs need "easy" jobs where they can flaunt their superiority and keep themselves safe (and eavesdrop on others).
Most of my dragons are molded into personalities that I think suit them as individuals, but I do enjoy canon lore as well, so I have a few Pearlcatchers who fit their breed nicely! Because I'm bad at coming up with things on the fly, here are some of my PCs and their jobs.

17876519_350.png

Fitzel is about as "Pearlcatcher" as a dragon can get. Haughty, superior, and convinced he's the pinnacle of dragonkind. He does love gossip, though he's not a huge fan of other dragons, which sort of makes gossiping hard. ANd unless I decide to replace him... he's the Nature Ambassador of the clan.

His job is to represent his own flight within the Toxic Wastes, as well as represent the Toxic Wastes when he returns home to Nature. Thinking on it, he may have to step down in that regard, because he uh... doesn't actually think very highly of the Wastes. I haven't even figured out why he's here yet.

More importantly, though, Fitzel is a florist.

Being a florist isn't just about breeding and selling pretty flowers; not to Fitz. Being a florist is about making the most amazing, beautiful, impressive plants for others to admire and adore. It's about having the most massive and elaborate garden in the Wastes. And, of course, overhearing juicy tidbits of clan gossip from his customers and visitors...

15705688_350.png

Ilios, interestingly enough, is also an Ambassador - the Light one. And whereas I'm not entirely sure about Fitzel keeping that job, it fits Ilios like a glove.

Ilios is as regal as they come, and not only comfortable in his own superiority, but in the superiority of his birth flight. Coming to the Wastes was an act of charity - spreading the good message of Light to a dingy old Plague clan.

As for the cowardice, Ilios has that covered - he's the only member of the Wastes to have his very own bodyguard. Lux is also a Pearlcatcher, but he's quite a different one, as he was raised to be a fighter. Regardless, Ilios appreciates him greatly and never goes anywhere without him.

He's also a scribe, a job he takes incredibly seriously.Most of his writings are about Light flight endeavors and his own job, but occasionally he may help clan historian Dirzel (that horrible barbarian!) with things.

So I guess what I have to offer here is that PCs need "easy" jobs where they can flaunt their superiority and keep themselves safe (and eavesdrop on others).
trans 8upyv5b.png
fSLriXt.png
Jace | He/Him | 23 | FR+1
unknown.png
DyNrws8.png
zFqmlqZ.png
My Pearlcatchers aren't particularly typical; they're all doctors. Although I guess in a sense some of them could be considered typical, using their self-righteous attitude and opinion that they're better than everyone as an excuse to show off their own medical expertise. Though my clan doesn't entirely follow site lore anyway (I mean...I have forty Bogsneaks in one relatively small area).

As for more typical jobs, the cowardly attitude combined with an inflated ego gives me the feeling that Pearlies might make for decent leaders or politicians! Another thing that comes to mind is artisans or architects, since it mentions them being relatively artistic. Though, overall, I get the impression that they'd mostly go for fairly easy jobs that give them a sense of importance.

Sorry this isn't too in-depth, I'm tired.
My Pearlcatchers aren't particularly typical; they're all doctors. Although I guess in a sense some of them could be considered typical, using their self-righteous attitude and opinion that they're better than everyone as an excuse to show off their own medical expertise. Though my clan doesn't entirely follow site lore anyway (I mean...I have forty Bogsneaks in one relatively small area).

As for more typical jobs, the cowardly attitude combined with an inflated ego gives me the feeling that Pearlies might make for decent leaders or politicians! Another thing that comes to mind is artisans or architects, since it mentions them being relatively artistic. Though, overall, I get the impression that they'd mostly go for fairly easy jobs that give them a sense of importance.

Sorry this isn't too in-depth, I'm tired.
ethanol_by_dislike_like-dbg3xow.png
I only have one real PC in lore(the other is a transformed person), and though he isn't very haughty, Gravitas does love a bit of gossip and it fits his job of messenger perfectly. After the clan got used to his presence, he could go around doing his deliveries and other dragons just keep on talking, even when he shouldn't be hearing about it. It's not the kind of attention a stereotypical PC would like, but greedy visitors have been willing to pay him extra so he would leak any new items Eternity intended to sell.
I only have one real PC in lore(the other is a transformed person), and though he isn't very haughty, Gravitas does love a bit of gossip and it fits his job of messenger perfectly. After the clan got used to his presence, he could go around doing his deliveries and other dragons just keep on talking, even when he shouldn't be hearing about it. It's not the kind of attention a stereotypical PC would like, but greedy visitors have been willing to pay him extra so he would leak any new items Eternity intended to sell.
QYzhmAi.png
I would say probably anything that doesn't require them to get their claws dirty, or in the case of more work-oriented flights like fire they might be drawn to art-related jobs or overseer positions. Accountants, librarians, scribes, painters, sculptors, managers, ect. Anything that allows for maintaining some sense of superiority over someone and/or something while minimizing risk to self (So mostly positions dealing with exchange of information/commands more than actual physical labor). I would imagine they'd be much happier overall is positions that allowed for both. They're likely not particularly welcome in warrior clans.

.... Though i have at least one PC who's an actual superhero and still no idea how that works. Maybe it's the moral superiority thing.
I would say probably anything that doesn't require them to get their claws dirty, or in the case of more work-oriented flights like fire they might be drawn to art-related jobs or overseer positions. Accountants, librarians, scribes, painters, sculptors, managers, ect. Anything that allows for maintaining some sense of superiority over someone and/or something while minimizing risk to self (So mostly positions dealing with exchange of information/commands more than actual physical labor). I would imagine they'd be much happier overall is positions that allowed for both. They're likely not particularly welcome in warrior clans.

.... Though i have at least one PC who's an actual superhero and still no idea how that works. Maybe it's the moral superiority thing.
ImLwTCX.png My Dragon Search Thread
Along with being a good librarian or reporter, Pearlcatchers are great spies to their Clans. The amount of gossip that they hear allows them to gain information on rival Clans or their enemies quite easily. They can then use this as a way to go back to their Clan leaders and take advantage of any situations, which fits the situation much better.
Along with being a good librarian or reporter, Pearlcatchers are great spies to their Clans. The amount of gossip that they hear allows them to gain information on rival Clans or their enemies quite easily. They can then use this as a way to go back to their Clan leaders and take advantage of any situations, which fits the situation much better.
star | she/her | writer | dreamer | wishlist

Don't forget to learn something new every day!
[center][size=6]{User Lore} How have you adapted dragons from other Flights into your clan?[/size] Anonymous Suggestion[/center] Many users’ clans don’t exclusively contain dragons of their Flight’s element. In fact, it’s safe to say that many clans on Flight Rising have dragons that come from all over Sornieth. From Flight representatives to traveling dragons to permas who simply originate elsewhere, they are living (or trying to survive) in a Flight whose element does not match their own. Individual dragons will adapt to these changes in scenery differently, and that is what we’ll be sharing and discussing next! How have dragons from other Flights adapted to living in your clan? Do they enjoy living there, or do they feel at least partially out of their element (pun intended)? What drew them to join your clan to begin with? Were they forced to, or was it their choice? When they first joined, did anyone else in your clan try to accomodate them and make the transition easier? Would they leave if they could? Why or why not? Share up to [b]three[/b] dragons with lore details that are relevant to the prompt! You can also share concepts you’re working on but haven’t fully fleshed out and request feedback from Lorenieth’s members if you so choose! As always, one is welcomed and encouraged to give kind, constructive, and polite comments on user lore as long as the user asks. :D I can’t wait to learn more about some of your awesome dragons! [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/RFPswJ8.png[/img] {*}[/center] [size=4][u][b]Some Thoughts:[/b][/u][/size] I feel the distinct need to apologize in advance and throw a disclaimer out there. My clan lore is still very much a work-in-progress, and if I’m being perfectly honest, the “adjustment phase” of a non-Nature dragon entering my clan isn’t something that’s crossed my mind all that often. ^^; However, this prompt has definitely given me a lot to think about for the lore of some of my absolute favorite dragons! :D I think this is an extremely interesting concept to explore! Thankfully, I do at least have one dragon where I’ve worked out [s]some of[/s] the details that are relevant to this prompt, so I still have something to share! I’m just sorry that I can’t contribute too much more or be more descriptive in said contribution. Anyway, without further ado, here we go! This is Heliconia, the oldest dragon in my clan... and one of the few who still has old lore from back when I first joined. [i]*shudders*[/i] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24818146] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/248182/24818146_350.png[/img] [/url] Heliconia voluntarily left the Fire Flight for two reasons: she had a bad reputation for her excessive temper even by Fire dragon standards, and she wished to lead a set of refugees that had stumbled across her former clan to a safe place. She heard rumors about the Biome Clan as a haven for veterans and innocents of war alike, and -- figuring it was far enough away from her old clan in the Ashfall Waste -- decided to guide them there. A number of things inclined her to stay, but most notable of all was the help of my clan leader and custom progenitor, [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25533359]Veridios[/url]. He saw her Fire-dragon fury and her drive for justice, and wished to nurture these aspects and give them a positive, productive outlet. (This would eventually lead her to becoming a general). Heliconia was stunned by his patience and his willingness to help a near-stranger in a way she felt was quite meaningful. She was equally stunned when the other dragons around her supported her training by offering to spar with her, repairing her weapons and armor, or even just offering her encouraging words. It was this nurturing aspect of the Nature Flight that helped ease her into life as an honorary Nature dragon. With such a tight-knit network of support, she couldn’t imagine pledging her loyalty to any other clan. Though she still feels like her temper makes her stand out against the more laid-back general population, she’s happy to have found her forever home. [center][size=2]Pinglist was here.[/size][/center]
{User Lore} How have you adapted dragons from other Flights into your clan?
Anonymous Suggestion

Many users’ clans don’t exclusively contain dragons of their Flight’s element. In fact, it’s safe to say that many clans on Flight Rising have dragons that come from all over Sornieth. From Flight representatives to traveling dragons to permas who simply originate elsewhere, they are living (or trying to survive) in a Flight whose element does not match their own. Individual dragons will adapt to these changes in scenery differently, and that is what we’ll be sharing and discussing next!

How have dragons from other Flights adapted to living in your clan? Do they enjoy living there, or do they feel at least partially out of their element (pun intended)? What drew them to join your clan to begin with? Were they forced to, or was it their choice? When they first joined, did anyone else in your clan try to accomodate them and make the transition easier? Would they leave if they could? Why or why not?

Share up to three dragons with lore details that are relevant to the prompt! You can also share concepts you’re working on but haven’t fully fleshed out and request feedback from Lorenieth’s members if you so choose! As always, one is welcomed and encouraged to give kind, constructive, and polite comments on user lore as long as the user asks. :D I can’t wait to learn more about some of your awesome dragons!

RFPswJ8.png

{*}

Some Thoughts:

I feel the distinct need to apologize in advance and throw a disclaimer out there. My clan lore is still very much a work-in-progress, and if I’m being perfectly honest, the “adjustment phase” of a non-Nature dragon entering my clan isn’t something that’s crossed my mind all that often. ^^; However, this prompt has definitely given me a lot to think about for the lore of some of my absolute favorite dragons! :D I think this is an extremely interesting concept to explore!

Thankfully, I do at least have one dragon where I’ve worked out some of the details that are relevant to this prompt, so I still have something to share! I’m just sorry that I can’t contribute too much more or be more descriptive in said contribution.

Anyway, without further ado, here we go! This is Heliconia, the oldest dragon in my clan... and one of the few who still has old lore from back when I first joined. *shudders*

24818146_350.png

Heliconia voluntarily left the Fire Flight for two reasons: she had a bad reputation for her excessive temper even by Fire dragon standards, and she wished to lead a set of refugees that had stumbled across her former clan to a safe place. She heard rumors about the Biome Clan as a haven for veterans and innocents of war alike, and -- figuring it was far enough away from her old clan in the Ashfall Waste -- decided to guide them there.

A number of things inclined her to stay, but most notable of all was the help of my clan leader and custom progenitor, Veridios. He saw her Fire-dragon fury and her drive for justice, and wished to nurture these aspects and give them a positive, productive outlet. (This would eventually lead her to becoming a general). Heliconia was stunned by his patience and his willingness to help a near-stranger in a way she felt was quite meaningful. She was equally stunned when the other dragons around her supported her training by offering to spar with her, repairing her weapons and armor, or even just offering her encouraging words.

It was this nurturing aspect of the Nature Flight that helped ease her into life as an honorary Nature dragon. With such a tight-knit network of support, she couldn’t imagine pledging her loyalty to any other clan. Though she still feels like her temper makes her stand out against the more laid-back general population, she’s happy to have found her forever home.

Pinglist was here.
First, some clan information: The Toxic Wastes is a Plague clan... sort of. Recently there has been an explosion of flora around the entrance and all through the tunnels, essentially turning this proud Plague clan into a very surprised Nature clan! Though still located on the edge of the Wandering Contagion, facing the Starwood Strand, a lot of changes have happened since the First Seed was introduced... Additionally, the Wastes have always been home to a multitude of dragons of all flights; the lighting system in the tunnels consists of torches that are powered by each of the eleven elements, and the Ambassadors have large, personal lairs that are decked out to reflect the environment of their home flight. Now, onto some dragons who aren't of the clan's home element(s)! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=17040728] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/170408/17040728_350.png[/img] [/url] Samar is the clan medic, a notable difference from a clan [i]healer[/i], as she does everything manually - without magic. She also has a propensity for letting things go on too long... to study the effects of illness, disease, and various injuries. The clan is grateful for the presence of Veri, Samar's assistant, and Pluto, an actual mage healer. Sometimes Samar is necessary, however... In any case, she is an Ice dragon, born in the allied clan of Stillsandur. She was always fascinated by Plague, and always wanted to study it, but was terrified to fall victim to its harsh environment. When Stillsandur leader Quara permitted her to go to the Toxic Wastes, Samar was ecstatic... and wary. She had to prepare. So she covered her body, her hands, her face - leaving few things uncovered, such as her tail, knees, and neck. She aimed to protect herself from airborne pathogens; everything else could easily be fixed. She was not particularly prepared for the [i]heat[/i] of what is essentially a disease-ridden desert. There was an adjustment period, but she cut it quite short, eager to get to work. She has always labored in her assortment of doctor gear, refusing to expose herself to the elements anywhere outside of her personal, sterile lair. Since the Nature-related changes, Samar - originally infuriated by the fact that her precious Plague had been overrun with [i]weeds[/i] - has slowly begun to relax. The plants bring with them fresh oxygen, and the flowers smell so nice. Some dragons have actually caught her walking around the lair without her mask! It's a refreshing sight, but she still wields a bloody cleaver and tends to leave dragons in agony before stitching them up, so no one is letting down their guard. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=16654433] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/166545/16654433_350.png[/img] [/url] Cantio, Arcane by birth, was rescued along the Plague/Arcane border by clan alchemist and diplomat, Tox. Having fled his own failing clan as he began to weaken and starve, Cantio collapsed, only to awaken in a Plague lair - under blankets and with nearby food! He's owed his life to Tox ever since, and acts as his assistant (and best friend, some say). Moving from Arcane to Plague was quite the change, and Cantio stayed in Tox's lair for a while as he adjusted. Said lair was as Plague as anything else - especially with the bubbling pit in the floor that served as Tox's cauldron - but it felt safer to stay there than wander the Wastes. Still, Cantio is curious and exploratory by nature, and began leaving with Tox to visit other lairs and tunnels and gather alchemal ingredients along the border. He adjusted pretty well, all things considered; maybe it was because how poor conditions were in his previous clan. When "The Bloom" happened (I think I'm gonna call it that now), Cantio was surprised and rushed about for answers, but quickly found himself enjoying the new atmosphere. Plague always felt so dirty and frightening (though this often was not the case). Nature, Plague's polar opposite, was clean and friendly! Maybe he'll take up gardening. (I may add a third dragon later, but I'm all written out.)
First, some clan information:

The Toxic Wastes is a Plague clan... sort of. Recently there has been an explosion of flora around the entrance and all through the tunnels, essentially turning this proud Plague clan into a very surprised Nature clan! Though still located on the edge of the Wandering Contagion, facing the Starwood Strand, a lot of changes have happened since the First Seed was introduced...

Additionally, the Wastes have always been home to a multitude of dragons of all flights; the lighting system in the tunnels consists of torches that are powered by each of the eleven elements, and the Ambassadors have large, personal lairs that are decked out to reflect the environment of their home flight.

Now, onto some dragons who aren't of the clan's home element(s)!

17040728_350.png

Samar is the clan medic, a notable difference from a clan healer, as she does everything manually - without magic. She also has a propensity for letting things go on too long... to study the effects of illness, disease, and various injuries. The clan is grateful for the presence of Veri, Samar's assistant, and Pluto, an actual mage healer. Sometimes Samar is necessary, however...

In any case, she is an Ice dragon, born in the allied clan of Stillsandur. She was always fascinated by Plague, and always wanted to study it, but was terrified to fall victim to its harsh environment. When Stillsandur leader Quara permitted her to go to the Toxic Wastes, Samar was ecstatic... and wary. She had to prepare.

So she covered her body, her hands, her face - leaving few things uncovered, such as her tail, knees, and neck. She aimed to protect herself from airborne pathogens; everything else could easily be fixed.

She was not particularly prepared for the heat of what is essentially a disease-ridden desert.

There was an adjustment period, but she cut it quite short, eager to get to work. She has always labored in her assortment of doctor gear, refusing to expose herself to the elements anywhere outside of her personal, sterile lair.

Since the Nature-related changes, Samar - originally infuriated by the fact that her precious Plague had been overrun with weeds - has slowly begun to relax. The plants bring with them fresh oxygen, and the flowers smell so nice. Some dragons have actually caught her walking around the lair without her mask!

It's a refreshing sight, but she still wields a bloody cleaver and tends to leave dragons in agony before stitching them up, so no one is letting down their guard.

16654433_350.png

Cantio, Arcane by birth, was rescued along the Plague/Arcane border by clan alchemist and diplomat, Tox. Having fled his own failing clan as he began to weaken and starve, Cantio collapsed, only to awaken in a Plague lair - under blankets and with nearby food! He's owed his life to Tox ever since, and acts as his assistant (and best friend, some say).

Moving from Arcane to Plague was quite the change, and Cantio stayed in Tox's lair for a while as he adjusted. Said lair was as Plague as anything else - especially with the bubbling pit in the floor that served as Tox's cauldron - but it felt safer to stay there than wander the Wastes.

Still, Cantio is curious and exploratory by nature, and began leaving with Tox to visit other lairs and tunnels and gather alchemal ingredients along the border. He adjusted pretty well, all things considered; maybe it was because how poor conditions were in his previous clan.

When "The Bloom" happened (I think I'm gonna call it that now), Cantio was surprised and rushed about for answers, but quickly found himself enjoying the new atmosphere. Plague always felt so dirty and frightening (though this often was not the case). Nature, Plague's polar opposite, was clean and friendly! Maybe he'll take up gardening.

(I may add a third dragon later, but I'm all written out.)
trans 8upyv5b.png
fSLriXt.png
Jace | He/Him | 23 | FR+1
unknown.png
DyNrws8.png
zFqmlqZ.png
1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 46 47