Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lorenieth, A Lore Discussion Hub!
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 46 47
@Lunakitty Interesting idea about the elements being concealed by Shadowbinder! It gave me an idea: what if both dragons were actually Shadow dragons sent to spy on Lightweaver? Boston helped with the attack on the beacon, but later came to regret what he’d done and returned to Lightweaver. Because of this, Shadowbinder cursed him with eternal hunger. Lightweaver changed his element to Wind to prevent Shadowbinder from laying any more curses on him (maybe she took him to the Windsinger, who helped her change Boston’s element, and that’s why he’s a Wind dragon now).

@catgame21234 What if Lightweaver left that portal alone on purpose? After all, if it can be used to attack to Light domain, it could also be used to attack the Tangled Woods. What, exactly, was that Guardian researching when Umbrann came through the portal? She seemed pretty concerned about the idea of a Shadow dragon finding out about her research and destroying it. Plus she didn’t seem all that surprised by a Shadow dragon suddenly popping in out of nowhere. It’s possible she was looking for a way to reverse the portal so Light dragons could attack the Tangled Woods, while Lightweaver feigns ignorance about the portal so she doesn’t tip off Shadowbinder.

(Edited to add: I personally consider Boston and Hope to be like demigods, or mortal dragons favored by the gods. Maybe Shadowbinder created them herself from things obtained from the Earth territory, and when they returned to their creator their eyes changed from Earth to Shadow since they were her creations. Or maybe they turn back to Earth eyes when outside the Tangled Woods.)
@Lunakitty Interesting idea about the elements being concealed by Shadowbinder! It gave me an idea: what if both dragons were actually Shadow dragons sent to spy on Lightweaver? Boston helped with the attack on the beacon, but later came to regret what he’d done and returned to Lightweaver. Because of this, Shadowbinder cursed him with eternal hunger. Lightweaver changed his element to Wind to prevent Shadowbinder from laying any more curses on him (maybe she took him to the Windsinger, who helped her change Boston’s element, and that’s why he’s a Wind dragon now).

@catgame21234 What if Lightweaver left that portal alone on purpose? After all, if it can be used to attack to Light domain, it could also be used to attack the Tangled Woods. What, exactly, was that Guardian researching when Umbrann came through the portal? She seemed pretty concerned about the idea of a Shadow dragon finding out about her research and destroying it. Plus she didn’t seem all that surprised by a Shadow dragon suddenly popping in out of nowhere. It’s possible she was looking for a way to reverse the portal so Light dragons could attack the Tangled Woods, while Lightweaver feigns ignorance about the portal so she doesn’t tip off Shadowbinder.

(Edited to add: I personally consider Boston and Hope to be like demigods, or mortal dragons favored by the gods. Maybe Shadowbinder created them herself from things obtained from the Earth territory, and when they returned to their creator their eyes changed from Earth to Shadow since they were her creations. Or maybe they turn back to Earth eyes when outside the Tangled Woods.)
WRcl6DV.png dragon.png mlHpBMC.png
[quote name="@Kessaria" date="2018-04-17 16:23:10" ] @catgame21234 What if Lightweaver left that portal alone on purpose? After all, if it can be used to attack to Light domain, it could also be used to attack the Tangled Woods. What, exactly, was that Guardian researching when Umbrann came through the portal? She seemed pretty concerned about the idea of a Shadow dragon finding out about her research and destroying it. Plus she didn’t seem all that surprised by a Shadow dragon suddenly popping in out of nowhere. It’s possible she was looking for a way to reverse the portal so Light dragons could attack the Tangled Woods, while Lightweaver feigns ignorance about the portal so she doesn’t tip off Shadowbinder. [/quote] [img]https://camo.derpicdn.net/d1d78c3ece34d9634c51016adb25918afba21491?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nerdist.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2014%2F07%2FScreen-Shot-2014-07-16-at-1.07.21-PM-322x268.png[/img] [b]I LIKE HOW YOU THINK[/b]
@Kessaria wrote on 2018-04-17 16:23:10:

d1d78c3ece34d9634c51016adb25918afba21491?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nerdist.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2014%2F07%2FScreen-Shot-2014-07-16-at-1.07.21-PM-322x268.png

I LIKE HOW YOU THINK
ary22F6.gif5nBi9J2.gifOfF9Gci.gif
@catgame21234 Maybe Boston told her about the portal as a way of getting back into her good graces after his betrayal. Because otherwise it’s kinda strange Lightweaver would let him back into her flight, let alone her lair.
@catgame21234 Maybe Boston told her about the portal as a way of getting back into her good graces after his betrayal. Because otherwise it’s kinda strange Lightweaver would let him back into her flight, let alone her lair.
@Kessaria
although i do not have anything to add onto this due to this all being highly speculative I personaly do not think it's for any personal reasons why the portal is open up still.
There can be some high level espianogegoing on here but still the portal is still shadowbinders in the end of the day. It wasn't warping the junk that the dragons threw into the pile. It was the stone that did all the magic stuff.
@Kessaria
although i do not have anything to add onto this due to this all being highly speculative I personaly do not think it's for any personal reasons why the portal is open up still.
There can be some high level espianogegoing on here but still the portal is still shadowbinders in the end of the day. It wasn't warping the junk that the dragons threw into the pile. It was the stone that did all the magic stuff.
@Kessaria
Hmm, yeah, it might have happened like that, who knows. Though for the hunger, I just think it's a normal spirals hunger, just since lightweaver doesn't eat at all or only very little, it seems to her like he eats her storage rooms empty. Which probably don't have that much food into them anyway if lightweaver doesn't eat much herself.

I mean if you look at lightweavers hunger bar (link) she "only" misses 424 hunger out of 20,000. Boston doesn't even have that much hunger, he has only 50, which are naturally already depleted, so by now he is realllllly hungry and probably eating all what's left of lightweavers food storage just to survive. Meanwhile Lightweaver wouldn't even feel a little hungry, she would most likely still wonder why the spiral is eating so much, when he is in fact eating very little
@Kessaria
Hmm, yeah, it might have happened like that, who knows. Though for the hunger, I just think it's a normal spirals hunger, just since lightweaver doesn't eat at all or only very little, it seems to her like he eats her storage rooms empty. Which probably don't have that much food into them anyway if lightweaver doesn't eat much herself.

I mean if you look at lightweavers hunger bar (link) she "only" misses 424 hunger out of 20,000. Boston doesn't even have that much hunger, he has only 50, which are naturally already depleted, so by now he is realllllly hungry and probably eating all what's left of lightweavers food storage just to survive. Meanwhile Lightweaver wouldn't even feel a little hungry, she would most likely still wonder why the spiral is eating so much, when he is in fact eating very little
ukDKhF5.png

Borrowing @catgame21234’s theory that Umbrann stole the stone from Hope: it could be that Hope remembers Boston and was hoping to also win back Lightweaver’s favor so she could be reunited with him. The stone she took may have been a prototype that opened portals like catgame21234 suggested, or it could’ve been some sort of Light spell deflector/neutralizer that would make it harder for Light dragons to defend their home from the Shadow dragons. But since Umbrann stole it and gave it to the Thorndark Altar, she now has no way to win back Lightweaver’s favor. Hope may not even remember what it was she was trying to do because she can’t smell the stone anymore. She may have even forgotten Boston again and just wandered on home. Or she may still be out there, searching for that thing she knew she had that could reunite her with Boston, but she’s never able to find it again.
@Lunakitty I... hadn’t actually thought of that. It certainly makes a lot of sense.

Borrowing @catgame21234’s theory that Umbrann stole the stone from Hope: it could be that Hope remembers Boston and was hoping to also win back Lightweaver’s favor so she could be reunited with him. The stone she took may have been a prototype that opened portals like catgame21234 suggested, or it could’ve been some sort of Light spell deflector/neutralizer that would make it harder for Light dragons to defend their home from the Shadow dragons. But since Umbrann stole it and gave it to the Thorndark Altar, she now has no way to win back Lightweaver’s favor. Hope may not even remember what it was she was trying to do because she can’t smell the stone anymore. She may have even forgotten Boston again and just wandered on home. Or she may still be out there, searching for that thing she knew she had that could reunite her with Boston, but she’s never able to find it again.
[center][size=6]{Gene Lore} Do you think genes may affect a dragon's personality or vice versa?[/size] Buffer Prompt[/center] Are dragons with a Cherub primary more likely to be pious? Are pious dragons more likely to have a Cherub primary? These questions, based on a randomly-selected gene, are but a small sample of many we may bring to the thread over the next few days. But the core of the matter remains the same: what impact might genes have on a dragon's personality or vice versa? Do they even have an impact at all? Why or why not? If so, how? It's time to dive into these broad questions! As always, you are encouraged to share your perspectives, discuss alternatives, ask questions to and bounce ideas off of one another, and dive headfirst into headcanons! :D If you have particular dragons (or prospective future dragons) with lore relevant to this prompt, feel free to share a few as well! [center][img]https://openclipart.org/image/2400px/svg_to_png/249955/DNA-Helix.png[/img] {*}[/center] [size=4][u][b]Some Thoughts:[/b][/u][/size] I wouldn't say that I believe that genes always impact a dragon's personality or vice versa, since I have a bit of a guilty weakness for characters who act opposite to how one may think they would based off appearance alone. However, certain genes give me a "gut feeling" regarding one or more attributes I would probably give to that dragon if I chose to keep them. For the sake of an example and consistency in my thoughts, I'm going to focus on two genes I don't feel get enough love: Piebald and Paint. The pattern of Pie / Paint reminds me of cows and splattered canvases, for reasons I'm sure are apparent. xD With that association, in my eyes, they radiate a sense of patience, harmlessness, and/or artistry for the dragons who possess them. This extends to two of my dragons, [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30484379]Aetha[/url] and [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30873212]Marten[/url], even though other aspects of their personalities vary greatly. (And I still need to work on their, and everyone else's, bios.) Then again, I also feel that the associations I have with certain genes can be fun to play with and subvert. For instance, [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30241000]Orso[/url] is a comedic pseudo-inversion of what -- to me -- Piebald and Paint tend to represent. He retains a like for creative crafting and is ineffectual in combat, both of which link back to what I feel Pie / Paint dragons are like. However, he's a very clumsy crafter, is super impatient, and will try [s]and fail[/s] to fight you over any little thing. Though, admittedly, he brings more harm to himself than to those he hopes to defeat. Coordination is not his strong suit! But, like I mentioned, I don't think genes impact a dragon's personality all the time. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=34770414]Poi's[/url] Piebald and Paint genes don't really play anything into his personality. The closest they get, according to my own associations with those genes, is that he's a dancer and hence a type of artist. Even so, dancing doesn't give me the same vibe as arts which produce tangible objects like clothing, novels, or paintings -- and that's the artistic vibe that comes with the Pie / Paint, in my opinion. So... I don't really count that. XD I hope that makes sense. Feel free to ask if anything is unclear! [s]Please forgive me if anything sounds strange; work has been wild and I'm quite tired. Nonetheless, I really look forward to reading your responses and discussion for this prompt! :D Looking at everyone's posts really makes me happy![/s] [center][size=2]Pinglist was here.[/size][/center]
{Gene Lore} Do you think genes may affect a dragon's personality or vice versa?
Buffer Prompt

Are dragons with a Cherub primary more likely to be pious? Are pious dragons more likely to have a Cherub primary? These questions, based on a randomly-selected gene, are but a small sample of many we may bring to the thread over the next few days. But the core of the matter remains the same: what impact might genes have on a dragon's personality or vice versa? Do they even have an impact at all? Why or why not? If so, how?

It's time to dive into these broad questions! As always, you are encouraged to share your perspectives, discuss alternatives, ask questions to and bounce ideas off of one another, and dive headfirst into headcanons! :D If you have particular dragons (or prospective future dragons) with lore relevant to this prompt, feel free to share a few as well!

DNA-Helix.png

{*}

Some Thoughts:

I wouldn't say that I believe that genes always impact a dragon's personality or vice versa, since I have a bit of a guilty weakness for characters who act opposite to how one may think they would based off appearance alone. However, certain genes give me a "gut feeling" regarding one or more attributes I would probably give to that dragon if I chose to keep them.

For the sake of an example and consistency in my thoughts, I'm going to focus on two genes I don't feel get enough love: Piebald and Paint.

The pattern of Pie / Paint reminds me of cows and splattered canvases, for reasons I'm sure are apparent. xD With that association, in my eyes, they radiate a sense of patience, harmlessness, and/or artistry for the dragons who possess them. This extends to two of my dragons, Aetha and Marten, even though other aspects of their personalities vary greatly. (And I still need to work on their, and everyone else's, bios.)

Then again, I also feel that the associations I have with certain genes can be fun to play with and subvert. For instance, Orso is a comedic pseudo-inversion of what -- to me -- Piebald and Paint tend to represent. He retains a like for creative crafting and is ineffectual in combat, both of which link back to what I feel Pie / Paint dragons are like. However, he's a very clumsy crafter, is super impatient, and will try and fail to fight you over any little thing. Though, admittedly, he brings more harm to himself than to those he hopes to defeat. Coordination is not his strong suit!

But, like I mentioned, I don't think genes impact a dragon's personality all the time. Poi's Piebald and Paint genes don't really play anything into his personality. The closest they get, according to my own associations with those genes, is that he's a dancer and hence a type of artist. Even so, dancing doesn't give me the same vibe as arts which produce tangible objects like clothing, novels, or paintings -- and that's the artistic vibe that comes with the Pie / Paint, in my opinion. So... I don't really count that. XD I hope that makes sense. Feel free to ask if anything is unclear!

Please forgive me if anything sounds strange; work has been wild and I'm quite tired. Nonetheless, I really look forward to reading your responses and discussion for this prompt! :D Looking at everyone's posts really makes me happy!

Pinglist was here.
I don't think genes affect personality but I can definitely think of dragons bragging about their looks. For example my boy Kai, he is known for his vainity and constantly brags about his shiny tropical coat of fur. [s]His lore is written but not published yet[/s] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19898959] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/198990/19898959_350.png[/img] [/url]
I don't think genes affect personality but I can definitely think of dragons bragging about their looks. For example my boy Kai, he is known for his vainity and constantly brags about his shiny tropical coat of fur. His lore is written but not published yet

19898959_350.png
tumblr_pa1v59xRPV1x8q01eo1_250.giftumblr_pa1v59xRPV1x8q01eo2_250.gif
Would one's element count as a gene?
Would one's element count as a gene?
I think genes do have some kind of effect on attitude, yeah! Maybe not majorly (perhaps they attribute to quirks or something?) but like
I see dragons with Vipera being hot-headed, or being a good fighter. Cherub makes me think of a softer personality...
Bee makes me think they might be a little confident, vain, or pompous, with their pretty stained glass wings... e-e

Also might depend on the overall patterning, too! Busy patterns make me think the dragon has more energy, while plain patterns or simply gradients make me think they're kinda lazy. Colors tie in too though, making some Cherub dragons with dark color schemes kinda rude, and brightly colored Vipera dragons feisty and playful!

Really depends on the dragon honestly, since I come up with lore for them as I dress them, or when I first see them. I guess I've never really thought of genes as attributing to personality until now, but as I'm looking at my lair and the genes my dragons have, I realize I make the kinda conclusions about them that I listed above (though only a few genes were listed, of course).

Breed also ties into that, so I think every "stereotypical Vipera dragon" could vary depending on its colors, breed, and element! (But I guess most people don't like Gembond because subconsciously it's not pretty gems on their skin, but a sign of disease? xD )
I think genes do have some kind of effect on attitude, yeah! Maybe not majorly (perhaps they attribute to quirks or something?) but like
I see dragons with Vipera being hot-headed, or being a good fighter. Cherub makes me think of a softer personality...
Bee makes me think they might be a little confident, vain, or pompous, with their pretty stained glass wings... e-e

Also might depend on the overall patterning, too! Busy patterns make me think the dragon has more energy, while plain patterns or simply gradients make me think they're kinda lazy. Colors tie in too though, making some Cherub dragons with dark color schemes kinda rude, and brightly colored Vipera dragons feisty and playful!

Really depends on the dragon honestly, since I come up with lore for them as I dress them, or when I first see them. I guess I've never really thought of genes as attributing to personality until now, but as I'm looking at my lair and the genes my dragons have, I realize I make the kinda conclusions about them that I listed above (though only a few genes were listed, of course).

Breed also ties into that, so I think every "stereotypical Vipera dragon" could vary depending on its colors, breed, and element! (But I guess most people don't like Gembond because subconsciously it's not pretty gems on their skin, but a sign of disease? xD )
80757570p.png 77134736p.png
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 46 47