Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lore Buddies: Direction Update.
1 2 3 4 5
[b]Note to all, i am subbed and watching this thread like a hawk[/b] First of all I just want to say that so far we have reached 50 followers of these random ping updates of all my theories. Don't know what I'm talking about? Check out this copy and paste thing here. [center] Want more Theories and Headcannons? Check out these links! [size=1] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2256073/1] LoreTalk: First Age Battle Power Scale[/url] - [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2239281/1] Open letter :WindDad'sHeadSize[/url] - [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2243113]Theory: Murals of 1st age is/'nt real[/url] - [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2244037/1]Open Letter: To The Arcanist[/url] - [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2258357#post_2258357] Theory:In the image of..Gladekeeper[/url] - [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2274420/1#post_2274420] Open letter:Arcanist & the 4th Dimension[/url] - [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2296253]Theory: The father of the Icewarden.[/url][/center] And I just wanted to say thank you for being interested in my ranboles of the sight and im very greatful you are all interested. Even if users on the list may not be active, the ones they are, im happy when i ping all of you to diffrent threads that you all become super interested and invested in the threads. Though…im now running in some crossroads when it comes to theries I want to write and as well as maniging all these threads. [indent]1) having a main thread which I update and just link back too.[/indent] I dont like the idea of a central hub thread but its one that i thought about a lot. It'd be a good way to have someone to link to to help ppl look around but also a great way to direct others to just check things out. It also has the added benifit of being generaly a good area to gather conversation points, theorie ideas, and also a good place to link a bunch of banners for everyone to use, but i would have to make them or have someone else kindly donate those buttens desgines. Do you guys like that I link to a whole new thread? Would you guys want to have a central hub that I ping you too when a new update goes live? One certanly feels diffrent than the other. Would anyone out there want to make a butten or just an icon that would link back to theories? There'd be no compensation just my gratitude on each post. This is really a side thing and I don't want to burden someone with the payment. [u]id most deffently make a main thread hub if someone gave me art to use as link back graphics[/u] [indent]2)a theory on evolution aid[/indent] This one is a bit more of a tentical one but in short I needa run down of the barbones of how evolution works. how natrual selection works [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOfRN0KihOU&ab_channel=Kurzgesagt%E2%80%93InaNutshell[/url] This video might be taken down in the future but… Kurzgesagt – In a Nutshell's video titled How Evolution works goes into how it all works out [u]but due to not only my attention span disorder issues but also just life[/u] I find it very hard to sit down and just take god damn notes about it. If anyone is willing to sit down and take notes on this thing and just post them here on every topic / point that video made and post them here it would help me SO MUCH with this one correction theory I must write in the future. [indent]3)Elemental table[/indent] A theory that I most deffently want to talk about is how diffrent he element table is from our world. With that I'd need two things [indent]A) someone to help me write down everything that does exsist already in FR through assumptions (aka [item= Raw Lapis Lazuli] still being (Na,Ca)8(AlSiO4)6(S,SO4,Cl)1-2 )[/indent] And [indent]B) refrences for every single element on the periotic table and how they work[/indent] and seeing how B requires just refrence links id love to have a websight where i can just click on an element on the eemental table and find out more about it but i dont have the time to find out about it, so i reach out to you guys for help. If you can help me at all just post in this thread [indent]4)critics on older threads[/indent] IF any of you have comments on my older threads please say so here so we can have an open conversation / retrospective on them! I wouldn't mind updating them at all. Heck the thing that i need help with (evolution) is to fix some things ifrogot in the "in the image of" theory series i just started. [indent]5) A call for info.[/indent] It has come to my attention that there may be information about flights that are hidden behind their flight restricted areas. [img]http://i.imgur.com/WHcQJA1.png[/img] For example, this quote from an mod discribing the capabilities of the lightning flight and that they are the weakest spell casters (implying that there is an higherarky of mage capabilities to begin with) was only exsesabol thorugh the lighting fourm. From my memory I got this from the Lightning lore book, a user made thread. And though I am no longer in Lightning, Id like to still have assess to this information. I think anyone who writes lore and trys to be as cannon as posiabol would love to stick to cannon as much as they can. So this is a request to everyone who is in diffrent flights from I. If you have a lore book of some kind or have direct words from the word of god (the admins / mods about lore not the gods gods unless their words are undocumented) I request that you posts them here so that we can gather as much information that we can. [indent]6) A general check[/indent] If you are commenting on this thread and want to be taken a little bit more credability, add in 4 dots at the end of your post so that I know you have read it like this .... If i make it hard to follow because of my spelling errors just state so and ill happly exsplain everything all over again. [indent]7) theory sujections[/indent] If you have a theory you want to exspand appon please say so in this thread, what would REALLY help me is if you put down everything you know about the theory already or your own few thoughts on it. Again thank you to everyone that read this Lore buddy ping list: (add me as a friend and comment on my profile page to be added!) @ArtsyDragon7, @Kawootie, @Reiyn, @GlitterDCMarvel, @WhySoDelirious, @PoorLifeChoices, @Amyatzu, @JadeMagic, @CrystalRush, @Leopardmask, @violalore, @bowserslave, @Ellapinky, @JumpScared, @JadeFlame, @Duskflame, @TheElfDruid,@Rinwood,@DiamondNoodles,@3idolon,@Kaibutsu,@DarkwingDove, @Shaydas, @ColoradoBlues ,@Drakion @ClockworkEclipse, @SleepyChipmunk @Sabriel415, @DarkVSO, @Cheshly, @WhiteDiamond ,@RingsofSaturn, @Dalison, @MagicSpyglass,@Rocwylde, @Artificiary,@ILUVDRAGONS, @throwaway181,@L2B,@Kittystar,@riseandshine, @luminousnoble, @Spottedleaves1,@Gaming4Lyfe @MiniDrachin @Katsuokai @AetherDragon @Kano3Shuuya @Caravan @EmeraldJubilee @TheEngineer @Kristan @Inkapede @KitApparently @Dragongirlgirl @girlgirlDragon @Oranitha @JonTargaryen @CassieRose @Chimaerix @Comic1Sans @CrazyRedFire @QuetzalQueen @FlamingSwallow @ookamisoulreaper @TheRobinsBerry @HyperionForge
Note to all, i am subbed and watching this thread like a hawk

First of all I just want to say that so far we have reached 50 followers of these random ping updates of all my theories.
Don't know what I'm talking about? Check out this copy and paste thing here.

And I just wanted to say thank you for being interested in my ranboles of the sight and im very greatful you are all interested. Even if users on the list may not be active, the ones they are, im happy when i ping all of you to diffrent threads that you all become super interested and invested in the threads.
Though…im now running in some crossroads when it comes to theries I want to write and as well as maniging all these threads.

1) having a main thread which I update and just link back too.
I dont like the idea of a central hub thread but its one that i thought about a lot. It'd be a good way to have someone to link to to help ppl look around but also a great way to direct others to just check things out. It also has the added benifit of being generaly a good area to gather conversation points, theorie ideas, and also a good place to link a bunch of banners for everyone to use, but i would have to make them or have someone else kindly donate those buttens desgines.
Do you guys like that I link to a whole new thread? Would you guys want to have a central hub that I ping you too when a new update goes live?
One certanly feels diffrent than the other.
Would anyone out there want to make a butten or just an icon that would link back to theories? There'd be no compensation just my gratitude on each post. This is really a side thing and I don't want to burden someone with the payment. id most deffently make a main thread hub if someone gave me art to use as link back graphics

2)a theory on evolution aid
This one is a bit more of a tentical one but in short
I needa run down of the barbones of how evolution works.
how natrual selection works
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOfRN0KihOU&ab_channel=Kurzgesagt%E2%80%93InaNutshell
This video might be taken down in the future but…
Kurzgesagt – In a Nutshell's video titled How Evolution works goes into how it all works out but due to not only my attention span disorder issues but also just life I find it very hard to sit down and just take god damn notes about it.
If anyone is willing to sit down and take notes on this thing and just post them here on every topic / point that video made and post them here it would help me SO MUCH with this one correction theory I must write in the future.

3)Elemental table

A theory that I most deffently want to talk about is how diffrent he element table is from our world. With that I'd need two things
A) someone to help me write down everything that does exsist already in FR through assumptions (aka Raw Lapis Lazuli still being (Na,Ca)8(AlSiO4)6(S,SO4,Cl)1-2 )

And
B) refrences for every single element on the periotic table and how they work

and seeing how B requires just refrence links id love to have a websight where i can just click on an element on the eemental table and find out more about it but i dont have the time to find out about it, so i reach out to you guys for help.

If you can help me at all just post in this thread

4)critics on older threads
IF any of you have comments on my older threads please say so here so we can have an open conversation / retrospective on them! I wouldn't mind updating them at all. Heck the thing that i need help with (evolution) is to fix some things ifrogot in the "in the image of" theory series i just started.

5) A call for info.
It has come to my attention that there may be information about flights that are hidden behind their flight restricted areas.
WHcQJA1.png

For example, this quote from an mod discribing the capabilities of the lightning flight and that they are the weakest spell casters (implying that there is an higherarky of mage capabilities to begin with) was only exsesabol thorugh the lighting fourm. From my memory I got this from the Lightning lore book, a user made thread. And though I am no longer in Lightning, Id like to still have assess to this information.
I think anyone who writes lore and trys to be as cannon as posiabol would love to stick to cannon as much as they can.

So this is a request to everyone who is in diffrent flights from I. If you have a lore book of some kind or have direct words from the word of god (the admins / mods about lore not the gods gods unless their words are undocumented) I request that you posts them here so that we can gather as much information that we can.

6) A general check
If you are commenting on this thread and want to be taken a little bit more credability, add in 4 dots at the end of your post so that I know you have read it like this
If i make it hard to follow because of my spelling errors just state so and ill happly exsplain everything all over again.

7) theory sujections
If you have a theory you want to exspand appon please say so in this thread, what would REALLY help me is if you put down everything you know about the theory already or your own few thoughts on it.

Again thank you to everyone that read this

Lore buddy ping list: (add me as a friend and comment on my profile page to be added!)
@ArtsyDragon7, @Kawootie, @Reiyn, @GlitterDCMarvel, @WhySoDelirious, @PoorLifeChoices, @Amyatzu, @JadeMagic, @CrystalRush, @Leopardmask, @violalore, @bowserslave, @Ellapinky, @JumpScared, @JadeFlame, @Duskflame, @TheElfDruid,@Rinwood,@DiamondNoodles,@3idolon,@Kaibutsu,@DarkwingDove, @Shaydas, @ColoradoBlues ,@Drakion @ClockworkEclipse, @SleepyChipmunk @Sabriel415, @DarkVSO,
@Cheshly, @WhiteDiamond ,@RingsofSaturn, @Dalison, @MagicSpyglass,@Rocwylde, @Artificiary,@ILUVDRAGONS, @throwaway181,@L2B,@Kittystar,@riseandshine, @luminousnoble, @Spottedleaves1,@Gaming4Lyfe @MiniDrachin @Katsuokai @AetherDragon @Kano3Shuuya @Caravan @EmeraldJubilee @TheEngineer @Kristan @Inkapede @KitApparently @Dragongirlgirl @girlgirlDragon @Oranitha @JonTargaryen @CassieRose @Chimaerix @Comic1Sans @CrazyRedFire @QuetzalQueen @FlamingSwallow @ookamisoulreaper @TheRobinsBerry @HyperionForge

ary22F6.gif5nBi9J2.gifOfF9Gci.gif
I'll start looking for stuff in the Light forums now!
I'll start looking for stuff in the Light forums now!
vjFLC.gif she/her
ace/bi
+2 FR time
forever rambling
This is all so interesting! Keep up the awesome work!
This is all so interesting! Keep up the awesome work!
looking for someone to make me a rainbow themed sig!
heck yeah heck yeah heck yeAH HECK YEAH

Listen. Catti. Catti? You KNOW I'm ready to help you with anything and everything. You also know how freakin' busy I've been lately, but I'm totally hyped about lore, also. Another thing you know.

I think it's a great idea to have a core thread! We may both be adverse to such organization, but ALSO, c'mon. It's a good idea.

I'd help with lore checking throughout various flights, but also, we are in the same flight. I am useless to you in this regard. So instead, I will gladly help you with whatever else, particularly because (AGAIN AS YOU KNOW), I live for overcompensating on graphics and organization. I had to resist the urge to give this post graphics. Help.

.... (u kook)
heck yeah heck yeah heck yeAH HECK YEAH

Listen. Catti. Catti? You KNOW I'm ready to help you with anything and everything. You also know how freakin' busy I've been lately, but I'm totally hyped about lore, also. Another thing you know.

I think it's a great idea to have a core thread! We may both be adverse to such organization, but ALSO, c'mon. It's a good idea.

I'd help with lore checking throughout various flights, but also, we are in the same flight. I am useless to you in this regard. So instead, I will gladly help you with whatever else, particularly because (AGAIN AS YOU KNOW), I live for overcompensating on graphics and organization. I had to resist the urge to give this post graphics. Help.

.... (u kook)
I need a new signature.
Let's see...while I was looking through the Ice Flight lore hub, I saw this page linked in the resources tab, which is an up-to-date index of all the stones, minerals, and such, of Sornieth. If I have time later, I can try and go through to see which ones are from our world. Anyway, I'll update this post if I see any important information in the Ice Forums. ....
Let's see...while I was looking through the Ice Flight lore hub, I saw this page linked in the resources tab, which is an up-to-date index of all the stones, minerals, and such, of Sornieth. If I have time later, I can try and go through to see which ones are from our world. Anyway, I'll update this post if I see any important information in the Ice Forums. ....
tumblr_inline_mfafr3dSgD1qaw0bs.giftumblr_inline_ojq6kqtzXZ1r2ao8y_540.pngZHoIQus.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kwwlmN1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_mfafqzd4Ea1qaw0bs.gif
tumblr_inline_mgtqahOFYp1qk1or3.gif4oL1PD6.pngtumblr_inline_mgtqahOFYp1qk1or3.gif
@catgame21234 So, I don't think the Light Flight has a lore hub? Do most Flights have one? What does the lore hub have? Anyhow, here's all the stuff I could find! It's only deity posts, sorry about that, bust most are from the Light forum! So, of all the gods, the Lightweaver's personality seems to be the least agreed upon. Most see her as really chatty and peppy and family oriented, but other can't seem to shake the memory of their cool and calm mother, that loved them earnestly and thoroughly, and seemed more focused on peace than gossip. (However, there was a post where the Lightweaver described herself as made for gossip in RP form) As it seems, her personality is a fun combination of both! She was usually pretty talkative and happy, but can be calculating and strategic and diplomatic when needed. She's very kind to her subjects: [img]https://i.imgur.com/nqgECCs.jpg[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/9WcXGwc.jpg[/img] And seems to take certain notice of her brothers' and sisters' mannerisms. She is the deity of truth, after all! (This post is long): [img]https://i.imgur.com/5cJViRw.jpg[/img] But, what I personally find interesting, is how she sees the Shadowbinder: [img]https://i.imgur.com/3rHCFLv.jpg[/img] She doesn't hate her as the Gladekeeper hates the Plaguebringer and vice versa, but hates what the Shadowbinder represents, essentially. She remembers the Shade and how dark it was, and likely how much it hated her, and can only see the Shade in the shadows the Shadowbinder adores so. Now, the Lightweaver isn't one to needlessly fight (see some paragraphs in the picture above as well), nor does she enjoy needless fighting much: [quote]The Lightweaver had only just come into existence, and was already annoyed by the violence that smashed across the realm.[/quote] But stopping the Shadowbinder is necessary: [img]https://i.imgur.com/YZE07v6.jpg[/img] It's in the name of [i]peace[/i], for security and safety for her children, and maybe just other Flights. I believe that's why the Sunbeam Ruins is so close to the Tangled Woods, [i][so the Lightweaver can keep an eye on the Shadowbinder.[/i] Which is probably also what the Beacon of the Radiant Eye is for, keeping track of the other deities and whatever threats they may pose to her children and/or others. I mean, Beacon of the [i]Radiant Eye?[/i] That has to mean it's a watchtower of sorts for her. EDIT: [quote=The Beacon of the Radiant Eye]A crumbled, but welcoming tower that resides on the eastern seaboard. From this cliff, the Lightweaver watches and waits for any dragon that may be making a trip across the sea. It is an important vantage point; she can survey the golden rolling hills speckled with ruins and redwoods, and see everywhere the light touches.[/quote] I'm actually very interested to hear how the Shadowbinder sees her sparkly sister! Does she see the light as wrong and dangerous, as the Lightweaver sees shadow? ....
@catgame21234

So, I don't think the Light Flight has a lore hub? Do most Flights have one? What does the lore hub have? Anyhow, here's all the stuff I could find! It's only deity posts, sorry about that, bust most are from the Light forum!

So, of all the gods, the Lightweaver's personality seems to be the least agreed upon. Most see her as really chatty and peppy and family oriented, but other can't seem to shake the memory of their cool and calm mother, that loved them earnestly and thoroughly, and seemed more focused on peace than gossip. (However, there was a post where the Lightweaver described herself as made for gossip in RP form) As it seems, her personality is a fun combination of both! She was usually pretty talkative and happy, but can be calculating and strategic and diplomatic when needed.

She's very kind to her subjects:

nqgECCs.jpg
9WcXGwc.jpg

And seems to take certain notice of her brothers' and sisters' mannerisms. She is the deity of truth, after all! (This post is long):
5cJViRw.jpg

But, what I personally find interesting, is how she sees the Shadowbinder:
3rHCFLv.jpg
She doesn't hate her as the Gladekeeper hates the Plaguebringer and vice versa, but hates what the Shadowbinder represents, essentially. She remembers the Shade and how dark it was, and likely how much it hated her, and can only see the Shade in the shadows the Shadowbinder adores so. Now, the Lightweaver isn't one to needlessly fight (see some paragraphs in the picture above as well), nor does she enjoy needless fighting much:
Quote:
The Lightweaver had only just come into existence, and was already annoyed by the violence that smashed across the realm.
But stopping the Shadowbinder is necessary:
YZE07v6.jpg
It's in the name of peace, for security and safety for her children, and maybe just other Flights. I believe that's why the Sunbeam Ruins is so close to the Tangled Woods, [so the Lightweaver can keep an eye on the Shadowbinder. Which is probably also what the Beacon of the Radiant Eye is for, keeping track of the other deities and whatever threats they may pose to her children and/or others. I mean, Beacon of the Radiant Eye? That has to mean it's a watchtower of sorts for her.
EDIT:
The Beacon of the Radiant Eye wrote:
A crumbled, but welcoming tower that resides on the eastern seaboard. From this cliff, the Lightweaver watches and waits for any dragon that may be making a trip across the sea. It is an important vantage point; she can survey the golden rolling hills speckled with ruins and redwoods, and see everywhere the light touches.

I'm actually very interested to hear how the Shadowbinder sees her sparkly sister! Does she see the light as wrong and dangerous, as the Lightweaver sees shadow? ....
vjFLC.gif she/her
ace/bi
+2 FR time
forever rambling
@EmeraldJubilee [img]http://78.media.tumblr.com/ae49142569f1e8cefa552a1c4ad108b9/tumblr_nx85qcpM091sjcj33o1_1280.png[/img] This is something somewhat related to the relationship between Shadow and Light that I happened to find [url=http://frlorearchive.tumblr.com/post/132592184338/motherfucking-dragons-some-fr-lore-if-no-ones]here[/url] while looking through that Tumblr blog for pertinent information (also, it's a good source for the different lore posts the mods have made in Q&As over the years.) Also, my Lore Hub is really just a collection of different Ice Clans and their personal roles, so there's nothing too useful there besides resources.
@EmeraldJubilee

tumblr_nx85qcpM091sjcj33o1_1280.png

This is something somewhat related to the relationship between Shadow and Light that I happened to find here while looking through that Tumblr blog for pertinent information (also, it's a good source for the different lore posts the mods have made in Q&As over the years.) Also, my Lore Hub is really just a collection of different Ice Clans and their personal roles, so there's nothing too useful there besides resources.
tumblr_inline_mfafr3dSgD1qaw0bs.giftumblr_inline_ojq6kqtzXZ1r2ao8y_540.pngZHoIQus.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kwwlmN1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_mfafqzd4Ea1qaw0bs.gif
tumblr_inline_mgtqahOFYp1qk1or3.gif4oL1PD6.pngtumblr_inline_mgtqahOFYp1qk1or3.gif
@luminousnoble
no you can still help with checking through the arcane threads and making links back to me.
There's also graphics for just well organization too
@luminousnoble
no you can still help with checking through the arcane threads and making links back to me.
There's also graphics for just well organization too
ary22F6.gif5nBi9J2.gifOfF9Gci.gif
@catgame21234

Excellent. I will gladly oblige if I find anything... but my personal hunting endeavors will probably only start after a considerable while. [sighs at all the art i have to do]

You can count on me for graphics, though!
@catgame21234

Excellent. I will gladly oblige if I find anything... but my personal hunting endeavors will probably only start after a considerable while. [sighs at all the art i have to do]

You can count on me for graphics, though!
I need a new signature.
bruh if arcane and lightning are like cold war superpowers, does that mean that lightning would have satellite countries/countries they're allied with?

also

can you imagine

the propaganda

i feel like arcane would have a lot of propaganda like the more extreme conservative american presidential ads from the cold war era... "your children will be communists" and stuff like that. classic daisy girl stuff. or perhaps, like... showing a dragon that's half mech and being like "do you want this for your children?" and urging them not to give up on their... dragonanity? humanity isn't the right term. but showing dragonkind being taken over by tech in a really gruesome way. idk.

lightning would be a lot of classic communism stuff, probably more close to earth style cold war propaganda. using science for the better (and definitely not bombs) sorta stuff. atoms for peace except instead of atoms its like, lightning. or maybe atoms. idk, okay yeah stormcatcher PROBABLY has nukes.

this is interesting because i've always headcanoned tc to be like american independence day as far as how people celebrate it? like towns will throw parades with a lot of military-style marching as well as celebrating the community, then go home and grill up meat and cacti and stuff. probably july having an influence on me, but especially out further from the spire, i always felt like dragons would celebrate their patriotism with big barbeque-like parties where people show up and eat a bunch of food and forget about their political problems for a day.

yo idk
bruh if arcane and lightning are like cold war superpowers, does that mean that lightning would have satellite countries/countries they're allied with?

also

can you imagine

the propaganda

i feel like arcane would have a lot of propaganda like the more extreme conservative american presidential ads from the cold war era... "your children will be communists" and stuff like that. classic daisy girl stuff. or perhaps, like... showing a dragon that's half mech and being like "do you want this for your children?" and urging them not to give up on their... dragonanity? humanity isn't the right term. but showing dragonkind being taken over by tech in a really gruesome way. idk.

lightning would be a lot of classic communism stuff, probably more close to earth style cold war propaganda. using science for the better (and definitely not bombs) sorta stuff. atoms for peace except instead of atoms its like, lightning. or maybe atoms. idk, okay yeah stormcatcher PROBABLY has nukes.

this is interesting because i've always headcanoned tc to be like american independence day as far as how people celebrate it? like towns will throw parades with a lot of military-style marching as well as celebrating the community, then go home and grill up meat and cacti and stuff. probably july having an influence on me, but especially out further from the spire, i always felt like dragons would celebrate their patriotism with big barbeque-like parties where people show up and eat a bunch of food and forget about their political problems for a day.

yo idk
clyCaLS.png .

20s, male, he/him
.np7f4Fm.png about me
.np7f4Fm.png current icon:
NUuorfS.png .
1 2 3 4 5