Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Sornieth Geology Encyclopedia
[size=7][b]Sornieth Geology Encyclopedia[/b][/size] This is a guide to the geology of Sornieth. It includes a list of all geology-related items on FR as well as other information on Sornieth's geology. All the information in italics is confirmed canon, but I would also like to include information that is likely to be true but is not directly stated anywhere on FR or the FR Wiki. For example, many of the rocks on FR are real rocks in our world, so I will include real-world facts for items based on real-world rocks. I have tagged the items with keywords so you can easily search for things (see the Index). If you know of any items I'm missing or if there is information you think I should add, please let me know! [img]http://67.media.tumblr.com/3c3a5b79f01421ac435b4ed4f979c4ef/tumblr_o2wq01MvnL1ulofs2o1_500.png[/img] [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1939085/1]Items List[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1939085/1#post_21779761]History[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1939085/1#post_21779763]Regional[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1939085/1#post_21779765]Other[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1939085/1#post_21779766]Index[/url] [img]http://67.media.tumblr.com/d67710471949d842919dfe391e893dff/tumblr_o87uccJtxy1tddvg0o5_500.png[/img][/center] [img]http://66.media.tumblr.com/c573e5a7b1c2ba83a7f1d033daecb2d7/tumblr_inline_o3leyeNAil1r5syjm_500.png[/img] [b][size=6]Rocks and Gems[/size][/b] [img]http://66.media.tumblr.com/c573e5a7b1c2ba83a7f1d033daecb2d7/tumblr_inline_o3leyeNAil1r5syjm_500.png[/img] Crystal Quartz [columns][item=Crystal Quartz] [nextcol][i]"This crystal catches the light and reflects it in a scattering of color. Octarine is not present."[/i] Origin: [i]Earth, Lightning, Wind[/i] [sub][i]reflective shiny[/i][/sub][/columns] Smoky Quartz [columns][item=Smoky Quartz] [nextcol][i]"Dragons who stare deeply into this quartz may begin to discern meanings from the interplay of the dark and light flecks of quartz."[/i] Origin: [i]Fire, Plague, Shadow[/i] [sub][i]myth magic divination[/i] shiny[/sub][/columns] Blue Quartz [columns][item=Blue Quartz] [nextcol][i]"Additional minerals color this quartz a brilliant blue"[/i] Origin: [i]Ice, Nature, Wind[/i] [sub][i]shiny[/i][/sub][/columns] Rose Quartz [columns][item=Rose Quartz] [nextcol]Origin: [i]Arcane, Light[/i] [sub][i][/i]shiny[/sub][/columns] Andesine [columns][item=Andesine] [nextcol][i]"Beautiful in the raw or when polished."[/i] Origin: [i]Shadow[/i] [sub][i][/i][/sub][/columns] Microcline [columns][item=Microcline] [nextcol][i]"The vivid teal color makes this a popular choice for rock garden accents."[/i] Origin: [i]Plague, Water[/i] [sub][i][/i][/sub][/columns] Orthoclase [columns][item=Orthoclase] [nextcol][i]"A gem in the rough. Also the rough in the rough. Minerals are tricky."[/i] Origin: [i]Arcane, Lightning[/i] [sub][i][/i][/sub][/columns] Sacridite [columns][item=Sacridite] [nextcol][i]"Lay down a sacridite shard somewhere remote and it will start growing as long as there is anyone living nearby making wishes."[/i] Origin: [i]Light, Lightning, Water, Wind[/i] [sub][i]myth magic[/i][/sub][/columns] Impure Sacridite [columns][item=Impure Sacridite] [nextcol][i]"It is particularly strange in the fact that it grows based on the wishes of those around it."[/i] Origin: [i]Arcane, Ice, Nature, Plague[/i] [sub][i]myth magic[/i][/sub][/columns] Depleted Sacridite [columns][item=Depleted Sacridite] [nextcol][i]"This mineral can be gathered from abandoned lairs."[/i] Origin: [i]Earth, Fire, Shadow[/i][sub][i][/i][/sub] [nextcol]Presumably, sacridite becomes depleted when there is no longer anyone living around it making wishes.[/columns] Azurite [columns][item=Azurite] [nextcol][i]"This deep blue mineral is most often used as pigment due to its tendency to convert into malachite should it encounter too much heat. When not being harvested for crafts, they are admired for their large and beautiful crystal formation."[/i] Origin: ? [sub][i]craft pigment[/i] shiny[/sub][/columns] Kunzite [columns][item=Kunzite] [nextcol][i]"This gem can be affected by dragonbreath to capture flame luminosity for a short while. It is not uncommon to see bundles of kunzite hanging from the ceilings of caves in the Dragonhome, used as tunnel lighting for miners and excavators."[/i] Origin: ? [sub][i]use reflective glow magic earth[/i] shiny[/sub][/columns] Infused Crystal [columns][item=Infused Crystal] [nextcol][i]"This crystal pulses with unnatural energy and strange shapes move within. One should not stare overlong into it, lest they begin to stare back at you."[/i] Origin: [i]Arcane, Fire, Light, Nature, Shadow[/i] [sub][i]myth magic[/i] shiny[/sub][/columns] Almandine [columns][item=Almandine] [nextcol][i]"Large deposits of almandine are sometimes mistaken for rubies, though they are actually a type of garnet."[/i] Origin: ? [sub][i]ruby[/i] shiny[/sub][/columns] Emerald [columns][item=Emerald] [nextcol][i]"It is very difficult to harvest emeralds, as their formations are the choice nesting ground for the extremely territorial Scarlet Echidna."[/i] Origin: ? [sub][i]animal[/i] shiny[/sub][/columns] Chrysoberyl [columns][item=Chrysoberyl] [nextcol][i]"Of particular interest in its gemstone form, chrysoberyl is one of the Ashfall Waste's biggest export materials. Large and consistent quantities of this mineral are created by the constant expansion of the Blacksand Annex."[/i] Origin: [i]Fire[/i] [sub][i]creation fire[/i] shiny[/sub][/columns] Morganite [columns][item=Morganite] [nextcol][i]"This pinkish beryl is pulverized and pulped with other materials to create the parchment used in Eternal Youth scrolls. Exposure to the stone alone will not reverse aging, though some create jewelry out of it and wear it in hopes of living a long life."[/i] Origin: ? [sub][i]use myth jewelry[/i] shiny[/sub][/columns] Onyx [columns][item=Onyx] [nextcol][i]"Onyx is a common material in centaur arrows and other weaponry."[/i] Origin: ? [sub][i]beastclan use weapon[/i][/sub][/columns] Apatite [columns][item=Apatite] [nextcol][i]"Though commonly crumbled up to be used as fertilizer, apatite occasionally carries extremely rare metals. Extracting them from this mineral can be exhausting, however, and inhaling the residual dust from this process is known to cause insatiable hunger pangs."[/i] Origin: ? [sub][i]use metal toxin[/i] shiny[/sub][/columns] Rhodochrosite [columns][item=Rhodochrosite] [nextcol][i]"This vibrant mineral is commonly mined from hydrothermal vents off the coast of the Starfall Isles. It acts a catalyst for creating arcane metalwork.[/i] Origin: [i]Arcane[/i] [sub][i]metalwork[/i] shiny[/sub][/columns] Magical Shard [columns][item=Magical Shard] [nextcol][i]"A solidified chunk of pure magical energy, pulsating slowly. This can be traded at the Festive Favors shop during the Starfall Celebration."[/i] Origin: [i]Arcane only[/i] [sub][i]holiday currency arcane magic[/i] shiny[/sub][/columns] Pink Chalcedony [columns][item=Pink Chalcedony] [nextcol][i]"The massive Crystalspine Reaches, once normal granite mountains, are now entirely made of pink chalcedony after extreme arcane vortices warped their physical properties. Prolonged exposure to this radioactive silica can make non-arcane dragons very ill."[/i] Origin: [i]Arcane[/i] [sub][i]arcane magic toxin[/i] shiny[/sub][/columns] Celestine [columns][item=Celestine] [nextcol][i]"Massive quantities of Celestine are found in the pillar-like rocks that stretch out below the Observatory, but almost nowhere else in the realm. Theories dictate that only immense concentrations of arcane energy can aid in the formation of its crystals."[/i] Origin: [i]Arcane (almost exclusively)[/i] [sub][i]arcane magic creation[/i] shiny[/sub][/columns] Celestine Geode [columns][item=Celestine Geode] [nextcol][i]"The crystals are beautiful, but too small to be of much use to a craftsman."[/i] Origin: [i]Ice, Light, Nature, Wind, Arcane[/i] [sub][i][/i]shiny[/sub][/columns] Amethyst Geode [columns][item=Amethyst Geode] [nextcol][i]"To all appearances an ordinary rock, until it's cracked open!"[/i] Origin: [i]Arcane, Plague, Shadow, Water[/i] [sub][i][/i]shiny[/sub][/columns] Dolomite Geode [columns][item=Dolomite Geode] [nextcol][i]"The crystal formations in this geode sparkle and create a pleasant glow when light shines through them."[/i] Origin: [i]Earth, Fire, Lightning[/i] [sub][i]shiny reflective[/i][/sub][/columns] Deepearth Geode [columns][item=Deepearth Geode] [nextcol][i]"A brilliant geode, dug from one of the deepest quarries in Dragonhome. This can be traded at the Festive Favors shop during the Rockbreaker's Ceremony."[/i] Origin: [i]Earth only[/i] [sub][i]shiny holiday currency earth[/i][/sub][/columns] Raw Lapis Lazuli [columns][item=Raw Lapis Lazuli] [nextcol]Origin: [i]Fire, Plague, Water, Wind[/i] [sub][i]jewelry[/i][/sub][/columns] Raw Jade [columns][item=Raw Jade] [nextcol][i]"Though ornaments made from jade are expensive in Sornieth's economy, the raw form of this particular stone is in heavy abundance in the rivers that run through the Windswept Plateau."[/i] Origin: [i]Wind, Arcane, Earth, Light, Lightning, Shadow[/i] [sub][i]craft water[/i][/sub][/columns] Jade [columns][item=Jade] [nextcol][i]"This stone is opaque and ready to be carved by a careful hand or claw."[/i] Origin: [i]Plague, Shadow, Water[/i] [sub][i]craft jewelry[/i][/sub][/columns] Labradorite [columns][item=Labradorite] [nextcol][i]"This mineral provides an iridescent display of reflected light."[/i] Origin: [i]Arcane, Ice, Wind[/i] [sub][i]reflective shiny[/i][/sub][/columns] Jasper [columns][item=Jasper] [nextcol][i]"The vibrant red has earned this variety the nickname "Bloodstone"."[/i] Origin: [i]Fire, Nature[/i] [sub][i]bloodstone[/i][/sub][/columns] Bloodstone [columns][item=Bloodstone] [nextcol][i]"No one knows quite why, but the ritual of squeezing a bloodstone is often used to relieve stress after long and drawn out arguments."[/i] Origin: Fire, Nature [sub][i]myth jasper[/i][/sub][/columns] Moonstone [columns][item=Moonstone] [nextcol][i]"This radiant gemstone is known for its magical ability to aid in the biological morphing process of some rare types of sprites and faeries."[/i] Origin:? [sub][i]shiny reflective magic animal[/i][/sub][/columns] Prehnite [columns][item=Prehnite] [nextcol][i]"This foggy green crystal is often used in trading and bartering among harpy beastclans. It has even been adopted as a currency by some dragon clans in the Shifting Expanse!"[/i] Origin: Lightning [sub][i]beastclan lightning currency[/i][/sub][/columns] Foo's Eye [columns][item=Foo's Eye] [nextcol][i]"This banded stone is a popular gift in the Windswept Plateau, and is commonly set in decorative patterns at the entrances to wind dragon lairs, paired with protection charms."[/i] Origin: Wind [sub][i]wind decoration magic[/i][/sub][/columns] Sandstone [columns][item=Sandstone] [nextcol][i]"A beauty tool among dragons both popular and easy to obtain. Useful for both buffing down tough scales as well as sharpening claws!"[/i] Origin: [i]Light, Lightning, Nature, Wind[/i] [sub][i]use[/i][/sub][/columns] Broken Heartstone [columns][item=Broken Heartstone] [nextcol][i]"Offerings at the graves of dead Charges, a Guardian finding one is considered to have been given a warning by the fates, a final chance to prevent death."[/i] Origin: [i]Arcane, Earth, Fire, Plague[/i] [sub][i]myth guardian[/i][/sub][/columns] Bluesand Agate [columns][item=Bluesand Agate] [nextcol][i]"Also known as Tidelord's Tears, this agate is rumored to grant its bearer premonition."[/i] Origin: [i]Ice, Shadow, Water[/i] [sub][i]myth deity[/i][/sub][/columns] Eye Agate [columns][item=Eye Agate] [nextcol][i]"These brilliant, banded stones are said to ward off predatory birds. They are of significance to especially superstitious Raptorik."[/i] Origin: [i]Earth, Fire, Plague, Wind[/i] [sub][i]myth beastclan talonok shiny[/i][/sub][/columns] Foritfication Agate [columns][item=Fortification Agate] [nextcol][i]"This agate is named for the sharp-angled bands within it that resemble fortifications of a stronghold."[/i] Origin: [i]Ice, Light, Shadow[/i] [sub][i][/i]shiny[/sub][/columns] Malachite Agate [columns][item=Malachite Agate] [nextcol][i]"These brilliant stones are often used as game pieces for the Sornieth variant of mancala."[/i] Origin: [i]Arcane, Lightning, Nature, Water[/i] [sub][i]use game[/i][/sub][/columns] Banded Olivine [columns][item=Banded Olivine] [nextcol][i]"Everglade lashers that live near olivine deposits take on an especially brilliant emerald hue."[/i] Origin: ? [sub][i]animal[/i] water[/sub][/columns] Banded Ironstone [columns][item=Banded Ironstone] [nextcol][i]"This striped rock has been smoothed and polished by water."[/i] Origin: ? [sub][i]water[/i][/sub][/columns] Banded Sardonyx [columns][item=Banded Sardonyx] [nextcol][i]"red and black banding"[/i] Origin: [i]Earth, Light, Lightning[/i][sub][i][/i][/sub][/columns] Charged Tungsten [columns][item=Charged Tungsten] [nextcol][i]"A popular material in bulbs and superalloys. Lightning dragons harvest the stuff like it's going out of style."[/i] Origin: Lightning [sub][i]lightning[/i] glow[/sub][/columns] Firebrand Tungsten [columns][item=Firebrand Tungsten] [nextcol][i]"Firebrand tungsten is oddly enough a waste product of Fire dragons and their metallurgy, useful for very little."[/i] Origin: [i]Fire[/i] [sub][i]fire metalwork[/i] glow[/sub][/columns] Magnetite [columns][item=Magnetite] [nextcol][i]"The engineers of Tempest Spire loathe this mineral."[/i] Origin: ? [sub][i]lightning[/i] magnet[/sub][/columns] Hematite [columns][item=Hematite] [nextcol][i]"This material can be carved into lovely trinkets."[/i] Origin: ? [sub][i]craft[/i] magnet[/sub][/columns] Small Block of Granite [columns][item=Small Block of Granite] [nextcol][i]"Members of the earth flight collect granite, and enjoy quizzing each other on each of the Igneous rocks that may make up a particular piece."[/i] Origin: [i]Arcane, Lightning, Plague[/i] [sub][i]earth igneous[/i][/sub] [nextcol]The Earthshaker is made of or covered in granite, which is likely why it is so special to earth dragons.[/columns] Small Chunk of Granite [columns][item=Small Chunk of Granite] [nextcol][i]Granite is collected by members of the earth flight.[/i] Origin: [i]Earth, Light, Water, Wind[/i] [sub][i]earth igneous[/i][/sub][/columns] Granite Fragment [columns][item=Granite Fragment] [nextcol][i]"Too small to be of much use, it is still pretty to look at."[/i] Origin: [i]Fire, Ice, Nature, Shadow[/i] [sub][i]earth igneous[/i][/sub][/columns] Granite Chunk [columns][item=Granite Chunk] [nextcol][i]Doesn't skip well[/i] Origin: ? [sub][i]earth igneous[/i][/sub][/columns] Shale Sliver [columns][item=Shale Sliver] [nextcol]Origin: ?[sub][i][/i][/sub][/columns] Shale [columns][item=Shale] [nextcol][i]"Particles in this flaky sedimentary stone shimmer in the sunlight."[/i] Origin: [i]Earth, Fire, Plague, Water[/i] [sub][i]sedimentary reflective shiny earth[/i][/sub] [nextcol][i]The Shattered Plain is composed of shale.[/i][/columns] Obsidian [columns][item=Obsidian] [nextcol][i]"The glassy surface of this igneous rock shines like a mirror."[/i] Origin: [i]Fire, Arcane, Ice, Shadow, Wind[/i] [sub][i]igneous reflective shiny fire[/i][/sub] [nextcol][i]The Great Furnace is made of obsidian.[/i][/columns] Clay [columns][item=Clay] [nextcol][i]"Clay is used in making bricks, pottery, and reinforcing dens. On occasion, dragons will ingest clay to sooth upset stomachs."[/i] Origin: [i]Light, Lightning, Nature[/i] [sub][i]building medicine use[/i][/sub][/columns] Fool's Gold [columns][item=Fool's Gold] [nextcol]Origin: [i]Earth, Ice, Lightning, Plague, Water, Wind[/i][sub][i][/i][/sub][/columns] Gypsum [columns][item=Gypsum] [nextcol][i]"A very soft sulfate mineral that can commonly be used in plasters and sculpture. Many artist dragons will use chunks of gypsum like a chalk to draw on rocks, cliffs or caves."[/i] Origin: [i]Ice, Light, Wind[/i] [sub][i]weak craft writing art[/i][/sub][/columns] Rosy Gypsum [columns][item=Rosy Gypsum] [nextcol][i]"A very soft sulfate mineral that can commonly be used in plasters and sculpture. Many artist dragons will use chunks of gypsum like a chalk to draw on rocks, cliffs or caves."[/i] Origin: [i]Arcane, Plague, Shadow[/i] [sub][i]weak craft writing art[/i][/sub][/columns] Augite Fragments [columns][item=Augite Fragments] [nextcol][i]"These beautiful carvings can be polished to a reflective sheen."[/i] Origin: [i]Augite Protector[/i][sub][i][/i][/sub][/columns] Moss-Covered Rubble [columns][item=Moss-Covered Rubble] [nextcol][i]"Fragments of carved stone. There are not enough pieces left to discern what the original statue or relief looked like."[/i] Origin: [i]Moss-Covered Golem[/i][sub][i][/i][/sub][/columns] Dark Basalt [columns][item=Dark Basalt] [nextcol][i]"A common volcanic rock that weathers to a rusty brown color after only a few years. It has a distinctive porous surface."[/i] Origin: [i]Fire, Nature, Water[/i] [sub][i][/i]igneous[/sub][/columns] Grey Basalt [columns][item=Grey Basalt] [nextcol][i]"A common volcanic rock that weathers to a rusty brown color after only a few years. It has a distinctive porous surface."[/i] Origin: [i]Earth, Lightning[/i] [sub][i][/i]igneous[/sub][/columns] Traprock [columns][item=Traprock] [nextcol][i]"It is easy to spot traprock due to the distinct grey striping present along its surface. Some say that the deepest layers were from a time before dragonkind."[/i] Origin: [i]Earth, Ice, Light, Nature, Water, Wind[/i] [sub][i]myth time[/i][/sub][/columns] Coal [columns][item=Coal] [nextcol][i]"Coal is essential for cooking fires and cauldrons; in its raw form, it can sustain embers for up to three days."[/i] Origin: [i]Arcane, Fire, Lightning, Plague, Shadow[/i] [sub][i]use cooking[/i][/sub][/columns] Frozen Rock Flow [columns][item=Frozen Rock Flow] [nextcol]Origin: [i]Ice, Light, Lightning, Water[/i][sub][i][/i][/sub][/columns] Igneous Flow [columns][item=Igneous Flow] [nextcol][i]"These rocks can be found where Blacksand Annex meets the domain of the Tidelord."[/i] Origin: [i]Earth, Fire, Shadow[/i] [sub][i]igneous, fire, water[/i][/sub][/columns] Skipping Stone [columns][item=Skipping Stone] [nextcol][i]"This stone was born to skip! You could probably get 5 skips out of it if you threw it just right."[/i] Origin: [i]Arcane, Light, Nature[/i] [sub][i]use[/i][/sub][/columns] Perfect Skipping Stone [columns][item=Perfect Skipping Stone] [nextcol][i]"The stone is perfect for skipping across water! You could probably get a dozen skips out of it if you threw it just right..."[/i] Origin: [i]Shadow, Water[/i] [sub][i]use[/i][/sub][/columns] Gravel [columns][item=Gravel] [nextcol][i]"small rock pieces and dirt"[/i] Origin: [i]Fire, Shadow, Wind[/i][/columns][sub][i][/i][/sub] Sand [columns][item=Sand] [nextcol][i]"Some dragons ingest sand to sooth upset stomachs, others build castles with it."[/i] Origin: [i]Ice, Light, Lightning, Nature[/i] [sub][i]use medicine build[/i][/sub][/columns] Smooth Pebbles [columns][item=Smooth Pebbles] [nextcol][i][/i] Origin: [i]Ice, Lightning, Wind[/i][/columns][sub][i][/i][/sub] Round Pebbles [columns][item=Round Pebbles] [nextcol][i][/i] Origin: [i]Earth, Fire, Plague[/i][/columns][sub][i][/i][/sub] Beautiful Boulder [columns][item=Beautiful Boulder] [nextcol]Origin: ?[sub][i][/i][/sub][/columns] Even More Beautiful Boulder [columns][item=Even More Beautiful Boulder] [nextcol]Origin: ?[sub][i][/i][/sub][/columns] Limestone Stalactite [columns][item=Limestone Stalactite] [nextcol][i]"These conical structures can take thousands of years to form. The most incredible limestone stalactites can be found in huge caves beneath the Pillar of the World."[/i] Origin: [i]Earth[/i] [sub][i]earth cave[/i][/sub][/columns] Lava Stalactite [columns][item=Lava Stalactite] [nextcol][i]"Also commonly known as lavacicles."[/i] Origin: Fire [sub][i][/i]cave[/sub][/columns] Shadowbinder's Tears [columns][item=Shadowbinder's Tears] [nextcol][i]"Named for their supposed resemblance to the darkened sludge that is said to drop from the shadow god's eyes, these structures are surprisingly robust; if chipped off, they can be used as chisels or nails."[/i] Origin: Shadow, [i]Arcane, Light, Nature[/i] [sub][i]deity myth strong use[/i][/sub][/columns] [img]http://66.media.tumblr.com/5eb4e99fbf466026f943eda783a91be7/tumblr_inline_o3leybK2xY1r5syjm_500.png[/img] [b][size=6]Ores[/size][/b] [img]http://66.media.tumblr.com/5eb4e99fbf466026f943eda783a91be7/tumblr_inline_o3leybK2xY1r5syjm_500.png[/img] Iron Nugget [columns][item=Iron Nugget] [nextcol][i]"A chunk of unrefined iron."[/i] Origin: ? [sub][i][/i]craft[/sub][/columns] Corroded Iron Nugget [columns][item=Corroded Iron Nugget] [nextcol][i]"This iron will need to be cleaned and treated before it can be used to craft anything."[/i] Origin: ? [sub][i]craft[/i][/sub][/columns] Iron Ore [columns][item=Iron Ore] [nextcol][i]"Contrary to popular belief, it has no ill effect on fae dragon."[/i] Origin: [i]Earth, Fire, Plague, Wind[/i] [sub][i]myth fae[/i][/sub][/columns] Rich Iron Ore [columns][item=Rich Iron Ore] [nextcol][i]"Contrary to popular belief, it has no ill effect on fae dragon."[/i] Origin: [i]Earth, Fire, Plague, Wind[/i] [sub][i]myth fae[/i][/sub][/columns] Nickel Ore [columns][item=Nickel Ore] [nextcol][i]Has some uses.[/i] Origin: [i]Arcane, Light, Shadow[/i][sub][i][/i][/sub][/columns] Rich Nickel Ore [columns][item=Rich Nickel Ore] [nextcol][i]Has some uses.[/i] Origin: [i]Arcane, Light, Shadow[/i][sub][i][/i][/sub][/columns] Copper Ore [columns][item=Copper Ore] [nextcol][i]"More valuable than gold in some respects."[/i] Origin: [i]Ice, Lightning, Nature, Water[/i][sub][i][/i][/sub][/columns] Rich Copper Ore [columns][item=Rich Copper Ore] [nextcol][i]"More valuable than gold in some respects."[/i] Origin: [i]Ice, Lightning, Nature, Water[/i][sub][i][/i][/sub][/columns] Silver Ore [columns][item=Silver Ore] [nextcol][i]"Particularly useful should you ever meet a werewolf."[/i] Origin: [i]Everywhere[/i] [sub][i]myth supernatural[/i][/sub][/columns] Gold Ore [columns][item=Gold Ore] [nextcol][i]"Known to drive dragons to do very foolish things."[/i] Origin: [i]Everywhere[/i] [sub][i]myth[/i][/sub][/columns] Platinum Ore [columns][item=Platinum Ore] [nextcol]Origin: [i]Everywhere[/i][sub][i][/i][/sub][/columns] Cobalt Ore [columns][item=Cobalt Ore] [nextcol][i]"A rough, jagged chunk of pure cobalt. It is a very strong ore, used in vicious weaponry and armor."[/i] Origin: [i]Arcane, Nature, Water[/i] [sub][i]armor weapon strong[/i][/sub][/columns] Lead Ore [columns][item=Lead Ore] [nextcol][i]"A crumbling chunk of lead ore. This type of ore is quite brilliant when looked at in the sunlight."[/i] Origin: [i]Earth, Ice, Lightning, Plague[/i] [sub][i]shiny[/i][/sub][/columns] Tin Ore [columns][item=Tin Ore] [nextcol][i]"This metal is extremely malleable; it is used in trinkets and jewelry due to its ability to be shaped easily."[/i] Origin: [i]Fire, Light, Shadow, Wind[/i] [sub][i]craft jewelry malleable[/i][/sub][/columns] [img]http://67.media.tumblr.com/a6a368e29cf02586bb66117504e44733/tumblr_inline_o3ley9Q1sE1r5syjm_500.png[/img] [b][size=6]Other Minerals and Materials[/size][/b] [img]http://67.media.tumblr.com/a6a368e29cf02586bb66117504e44733/tumblr_inline_o3ley9Q1sE1r5syjm_500.png[/img] Salt [columns][item=Salt] [nextcol][i]Should not be put in eyes.[/i] Origin: [i]Arcane, Earth, Plague, Water[/i][sub][i][/i][/sub][/columns] Amber [columns][item=Amber] [nextcol][i]"Legends say that most of the realm's amber was formed in an ancient battle between the Flamecaller and the Gladekeeper, where terrible forest fires polymerized resin within the trees in the Viridian Labyrinth."[/i] Origin: [i]Nature[/i] [sub][i]myth deity creation[/i] shiny[/sub] [nextcol][i]"Fae dragons spin their roosts from tree sap that they cure with magic to become a beautiful golden amber."[/i][/columns] Ice Crystal [columns][item=Ice Crystal] [nextcol]Origin: Ice [sub][i][/i]shiny[/sub][/columns] Glowing Ember [columns][item=Glowing Ember] [nextcol][i]"A smoldering clump of embers that is almost too hot to hold. This can be traded at the Festive Favors shop during the Flameforger's Festival."[/i] Origin: [i]Fire[/i] [sub][i]holiday currency fire glow[/i][/sub][/columns] Seeker Orb [columns][item=Seeker Orb] [nextcol][i]"Seeker eyes are desirable commodities; dragons believe that jewelry crafted from these smooth stones may provide insight into their dreams."[/i] Origin: ?[i][/i] [sub][i]myth jewelry craft magic divination[/i][/sub][/columns] Seeker Brooch [columns][item=Seeker Brooch] [nextcol][i]"Scavenged deathseekers are a thrifty way to craft swell jewelry for that special someone in your life."[/i] Origin: ?[i][/i] [sub][i]jewelry craft[/i][/sub][/columns] Eroded Crystalhide [columns][item=Eroded Crystalhide] [nextcol][i]"A calcifying layer of sandstone and granite is beginning to form and several large, radiant crystals are jutting from the shoulders."[/i] Origin: Earth[i][/i] [sub][i]apparel[/i][/sub] [nextcol]Not necessarily naturally occurring, but made entirely out of rock.[/columns] Ruby Brooch [columns][item=Ruby Brooch] [nextcol][i]"Metalworkers from the Ashfall Waste use cold lava and rubies from Dragonhome to make brooches like this one. Merchants like to wear these to show their wealth."[/i] Origin: [i]Fire[/i] [sub][i]fire earth craft metalwork[/i] jewelry shiny[/sub][/columns] Emerald Brooch [columns][item=Emerald Brooch] [nextcol]Origin: Fire [sub][i][/i]fire earth craft metalwork jewelry shiny[/sub] [nextcol]Presumably made the same way as the Ruby Brooch.[/columns] [size=4]Materials without official items[/size] [img]http://67.media.tumblr.com/6be5ba6a2258c486815734b92b3ee237/tumblr_nr4pdbmimT1scno6po10_400.png[/img] [item=] Ruby[i][/i] Origin: ? [sub][i]jewelry shiny[/i][/sub] [item=] Citrine[i][/i] Origin: ? [sub][i]jewelry shiny[/i][/sub] [item=] Pearl[i][/i] Origin: ? [sub][i]jewelry shiny[/i][/sub] Bronze Garnet [center][img]http://66.media.tumblr.com/6b21a04e97a0bad69c989d56d5a35c8a/tumblr_inline_o65n7qy8uM1tp73kr_540.png[/img] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1939085/1]Items List[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1939085/1#post_21779761]History[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1939085/1#post_21779763]Regional[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1939085/1#post_21779765]Other[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1939085/1#post_21779766]Index[/url] [img]http://67.media.tumblr.com/d67710471949d842919dfe391e893dff/tumblr_o87uccJtxy1tddvg0o5_500.png[/img][/center]
Sornieth Geology Encyclopedia

This is a guide to the geology of Sornieth. It includes a list of all geology-related items on FR as well as other information on Sornieth's geology. All the information in italics is confirmed canon, but I would also like to include information that is likely to be true but is not directly stated anywhere on FR or the FR Wiki. For example, many of the rocks on FR are real rocks in our world, so I will include real-world facts for items based on real-world rocks. I have tagged the items with keywords so you can easily search for things (see the Index).

If you know of any items I'm missing or if there is information you think I should add, please let me know!

tumblr_o2wq01MvnL1ulofs2o1_500.png

tumblr_inline_o3leyeNAil1r5syjm_500.png
Rocks and Gems
tumblr_inline_o3leyeNAil1r5syjm_500.png

Crystal Quartz
Crystal Quartz "This crystal catches the light and reflects it in a scattering of color. Octarine is not present."

Origin: Earth, Lightning, Wind

reflective shiny

Smoky Quartz
Smoky Quartz "Dragons who stare deeply into this quartz may begin to discern meanings from the interplay of the dark and light flecks of quartz."

Origin: Fire, Plague, Shadow

myth magic divination shiny

Blue Quartz
Blue Quartz "Additional minerals color this quartz a brilliant blue"

Origin: Ice, Nature, Wind

shiny

Rose Quartz
Rose Quartz Origin: Arcane, Light

shiny

Andesine
Andesine "Beautiful in the raw or when polished."

Origin: Shadow

Microcline
Microcline "The vivid teal color makes this a popular choice for rock garden accents."

Origin: Plague, Water

Orthoclase
Orthoclase "A gem in the rough. Also the rough in the rough. Minerals are tricky."

Origin: Arcane, Lightning

Sacridite
Sacridite "Lay down a sacridite shard somewhere remote and it will start growing as long as there is anyone living nearby making wishes."

Origin: Light, Lightning, Water, Wind

myth magic

Impure Sacridite
Impure Sacridite "It is particularly strange in the fact that it grows based on the wishes of those around it."

Origin: Arcane, Ice, Nature, Plague

myth magic

Depleted Sacridite
Depleted Sacridite "This mineral can be gathered from abandoned lairs."

Origin: Earth, Fire, Shadow
Presumably, sacridite becomes depleted when there is no longer anyone living around it making wishes.

Azurite
Azurite "This deep blue mineral is most often used as pigment due to its tendency to convert into malachite should it encounter too much heat. When not being harvested for crafts, they are admired for their large and beautiful crystal formation."

Origin: ?

craft pigment shiny

Kunzite
Kunzite "This gem can be affected by dragonbreath to capture flame luminosity for a short while. It is not uncommon to see bundles of kunzite hanging from the ceilings of caves in the Dragonhome, used as tunnel lighting for miners and excavators."

use reflective glow magic earth shiny

Infused Crystal
Infused Crystal "This crystal pulses with unnatural energy and strange shapes move within. One should not stare overlong into it, lest they begin to stare back at you."

Origin: Arcane, Fire, Light, Nature, Shadow

myth magic shiny

Almandine
Almandine "Large deposits of almandine are sometimes mistaken for rubies, though they are actually a type of garnet."

ruby shiny

Emerald
Emerald "It is very difficult to harvest emeralds, as their formations are the choice nesting ground for the extremely territorial Scarlet Echidna."

animal shiny

Chrysoberyl
Chrysoberyl "Of particular interest in its gemstone form, chrysoberyl is one of the Ashfall Waste's biggest export materials. Large and consistent quantities of this mineral are created by the constant expansion of the Blacksand Annex."

Origin: Fire

creation fire shiny

Morganite
Morganite "This pinkish beryl is pulverized and pulped with other materials to create the parchment used in Eternal Youth scrolls. Exposure to the stone alone will not reverse aging, though some create jewelry out of it and wear it in hopes of living a long life."

use myth jewelry shiny

Onyx
Onyx "Onyx is a common material in centaur arrows and other weaponry."

beastclan use weapon

Apatite
Apatite "Though commonly crumbled up to be used as fertilizer, apatite occasionally carries extremely rare metals. Extracting them from this mineral can be exhausting, however, and inhaling the residual dust from this process is known to cause insatiable hunger pangs."

use metal toxin shiny

Rhodochrosite
Rhodochrosite "This vibrant mineral is commonly mined from hydrothermal vents off the coast of the Starfall Isles. It acts a catalyst for creating arcane metalwork.

Origin: Arcane

metalwork shiny

Magical Shard
Magical Shard "A solidified chunk of pure magical energy, pulsating slowly. This can be traded at the Festive Favors shop during the Starfall Celebration."

Origin: Arcane only

holiday currency arcane magic shiny

Pink Chalcedony
Pink Chalcedony "The massive Crystalspine Reaches, once normal granite mountains, are now entirely made of pink chalcedony after extreme arcane vortices warped their physical properties. Prolonged exposure to this radioactive silica can make non-arcane dragons very ill."

Origin: Arcane

arcane magic toxin shiny

Celestine
Celestine "Massive quantities of Celestine are found in the pillar-like rocks that stretch out below the Observatory, but almost nowhere else in the realm. Theories dictate that only immense concentrations of arcane energy can aid in the formation of its crystals."

Origin: Arcane (almost exclusively)

arcane magic creation shiny

Celestine Geode
Celestine Geode "The crystals are beautiful, but too small to be of much use to a craftsman."

Origin: Ice, Light, Nature, Wind, Arcane

shiny

Amethyst Geode
Amethyst Geode "To all appearances an ordinary rock, until it's cracked open!"

Origin: Arcane, Plague, Shadow, Water

shiny

Dolomite Geode
Dolomite Geode "The crystal formations in this geode sparkle and create a pleasant glow when light shines through them."

Origin: Earth, Fire, Lightning

shiny reflective

Deepearth Geode
Deepearth Geode "A brilliant geode, dug from one of the deepest quarries in Dragonhome. This can be traded at the Festive Favors shop during the Rockbreaker's Ceremony."

Origin: Earth only

shiny holiday currency earth

Raw Lapis Lazuli
Raw Lapis Lazuli Origin: Fire, Plague, Water, Wind

jewelry

Raw Jade
Raw Jade "Though ornaments made from jade are expensive in Sornieth's economy, the raw form of this particular stone is in heavy abundance in the rivers that run through the Windswept Plateau."

Origin: Wind, Arcane, Earth, Light, Lightning, Shadow

craft water

Jade
Jade "This stone is opaque and ready to be carved by a careful hand or claw."

Origin: Plague, Shadow, Water

craft jewelry

Labradorite
Labradorite "This mineral provides an iridescent display of reflected light."

Origin: Arcane, Ice, Wind

reflective shiny

Jasper
Jasper "The vibrant red has earned this variety the nickname "Bloodstone"."

Origin: Fire, Nature

bloodstone

Bloodstone
Bloodstone "No one knows quite why, but the ritual of squeezing a bloodstone is often used to relieve stress after long and drawn out arguments."

Origin: Fire, Nature

myth jasper

Moonstone
Moonstone "This radiant gemstone is known for its magical ability to aid in the biological morphing process of some rare types of sprites and faeries."

Origin:?

shiny reflective magic animal

Prehnite
Prehnite "This foggy green crystal is often used in trading and bartering among harpy beastclans. It has even been adopted as a currency by some dragon clans in the Shifting Expanse!"

Origin: Lightning

beastclan lightning currency

Foo's Eye
Foo's Eye "This banded stone is a popular gift in the Windswept Plateau, and is commonly set in decorative patterns at the entrances to wind dragon lairs, paired with protection charms."

Origin: Wind

wind decoration magic

Sandstone
Sandstone "A beauty tool among dragons both popular and easy to obtain. Useful for both buffing down tough scales as well as sharpening claws!"

Origin: Light, Lightning, Nature, Wind

use

Broken Heartstone
Broken Heartstone "Offerings at the graves of dead Charges, a Guardian finding one is considered to have been given a warning by the fates, a final chance to prevent death."

Origin: Arcane, Earth, Fire, Plague

myth guardian

Bluesand Agate
Bluesand Agate "Also known as Tidelord's Tears, this agate is rumored to grant its bearer premonition."

Origin: Ice, Shadow, Water

myth deity

Eye Agate
Eye Agate "These brilliant, banded stones are said to ward off predatory birds. They are of significance to especially superstitious Raptorik."

Origin: Earth, Fire, Plague, Wind

myth beastclan talonok shiny

Foritfication Agate
Fortification Agate "This agate is named for the sharp-angled bands within it that resemble fortifications of a stronghold."

Origin: Ice, Light, Shadow

shiny

Malachite Agate
Malachite Agate "These brilliant stones are often used as game pieces for the Sornieth variant of mancala."

Origin: Arcane, Lightning, Nature, Water

use game

Banded Olivine
Banded Olivine "Everglade lashers that live near olivine deposits take on an especially brilliant emerald hue."

animal water

Banded Ironstone
Banded Ironstone "This striped rock has been smoothed and polished by water."

water

Banded Sardonyx
Banded Sardonyx "red and black banding"

Origin: Earth, Light, Lightning

Charged Tungsten
Charged Tungsten "A popular material in bulbs and superalloys. Lightning dragons harvest the stuff like it's going out of style."

Origin: Lightning

lightning glow

Firebrand Tungsten
Firebrand Tungsten "Firebrand tungsten is oddly enough a waste product of Fire dragons and their metallurgy, useful for very little."

fire metalwork glow

Magnetite
Magnetite "The engineers of Tempest Spire loathe this mineral."

lightning magnet

Hematite
Hematite "This material can be carved into lovely trinkets."

craft magnet

Small Block of Granite
Small Block of Granite "Members of the earth flight collect granite, and enjoy quizzing each other on each of the Igneous rocks that may make up a particular piece."

Origin: Arcane, Lightning, Plague

earth igneous
The Earthshaker is made of or covered in granite, which is likely why it is so special to earth dragons.

Small Chunk of Granite
Small Chunk of Granite Granite is collected by members of the earth flight.

Origin: Earth, Light, Water, Wind

earth igneous

Granite Fragment
Granite Fragment "Too small to be of much use, it is still pretty to look at."

Origin: Fire, Ice, Nature, Shadow

earth igneous

Granite Chunk
Granite Chunk Doesn't skip well

earth igneous

Shale Sliver
Shale Sliver Origin: ?

Shale
Shale "Particles in this flaky sedimentary stone shimmer in the sunlight."

Origin: Earth, Fire, Plague, Water

sedimentary reflective shiny earth
The Shattered Plain is composed of shale.

Obsidian
Obsidian "The glassy surface of this igneous rock shines like a mirror."

Origin: Fire, Arcane, Ice, Shadow, Wind

igneous reflective shiny fire
The Great Furnace is made of obsidian.

Clay
Clay "Clay is used in making bricks, pottery, and reinforcing dens. On occasion, dragons will ingest clay to sooth upset stomachs."

Origin: Light, Lightning, Nature

building medicine use

Fool's Gold
Fool's Gold Origin: Earth, Ice, Lightning, Plague, Water, Wind

Gypsum
Gypsum "A very soft sulfate mineral that can commonly be used in plasters and sculpture. Many artist dragons will use chunks of gypsum like a chalk to draw on rocks, cliffs or caves."

Origin: Ice, Light, Wind

weak craft writing art

Rosy Gypsum
Rosy Gypsum "A very soft sulfate mineral that can commonly be used in plasters and sculpture. Many artist dragons will use chunks of gypsum like a chalk to draw on rocks, cliffs or caves."

Origin: Arcane, Plague, Shadow

weak craft writing art

Augite Fragments
Augite Fragments "These beautiful carvings can be polished to a reflective sheen."

Origin: Augite Protector

Moss-Covered Rubble
Moss-Covered Rubble "Fragments of carved stone. There are not enough pieces left to discern what the original statue or relief looked like."

Origin: Moss-Covered Golem

Dark Basalt
Dark Basalt "A common volcanic rock that weathers to a rusty brown color after only a few years. It has a distinctive porous surface."

Origin: Fire, Nature, Water

igneous

Grey Basalt
Grey Basalt "A common volcanic rock that weathers to a rusty brown color after only a few years. It has a distinctive porous surface."

Origin: Earth, Lightning

igneous

Traprock
Traprock "It is easy to spot traprock due to the distinct grey striping present along its surface. Some say that the deepest layers were from a time before dragonkind."

Origin: Earth, Ice, Light, Nature, Water, Wind

myth time

Coal
Coal "Coal is essential for cooking fires and cauldrons; in its raw form, it can sustain embers for up to three days."

Origin: Arcane, Fire, Lightning, Plague, Shadow

use cooking

Frozen Rock Flow
Frozen Rock Flow Origin: Ice, Light, Lightning, Water

Igneous Flow
Igneous Flow "These rocks can be found where Blacksand Annex meets the domain of the Tidelord."

Origin: Earth, Fire, Shadow

igneous, fire, water

Skipping Stone
Skipping Stone "This stone was born to skip! You could probably get 5 skips out of it if you threw it just right."

Origin: Arcane, Light, Nature

use

Perfect Skipping Stone
Perfect Skipping Stone "The stone is perfect for skipping across water! You could probably get a dozen skips out of it if you threw it just right..."

Origin: Shadow, Water

use

Gravel
Gravel "small rock pieces and dirt"

Origin: Fire, Shadow, Wind

Sand
Sand "Some dragons ingest sand to sooth upset stomachs, others build castles with it."

Origin: Ice, Light, Lightning, Nature

use medicine build

Smooth Pebbles
Smooth Pebbles

Origin: Ice, Lightning, Wind

Round Pebbles
Round Pebbles

Origin: Earth, Fire, Plague

Beautiful Boulder
Beautiful Boulder Origin: ?

Even More Beautiful Boulder
Even More Beautiful Boulder Origin: ?

Limestone Stalactite
Limestone Stalactite "These conical structures can take thousands of years to form. The most incredible limestone stalactites can be found in huge caves beneath the Pillar of the World."

Origin: Earth

earth cave

Lava Stalactite
Lava Stalactite "Also commonly known as lavacicles."

cave

Shadowbinder's Tears
Shadowbinder's Tears "Named for their supposed resemblance to the darkened sludge that is said to drop from the shadow god's eyes, these structures are surprisingly robust; if chipped off, they can be used as chisels or nails."

Origin: Shadow, Arcane, Light, Nature

deity myth strong use

tumblr_inline_o3leybK2xY1r5syjm_500.png
Ores
tumblr_inline_o3leybK2xY1r5syjm_500.png

Iron Nugget
Iron Nugget "A chunk of unrefined iron."

craft

Corroded Iron Nugget
Corroded Iron Nugget "This iron will need to be cleaned and treated before it can be used to craft anything."

craft

Iron Ore
Iron Ore "Contrary to popular belief, it has no ill effect on fae dragon."

myth fae

Rich Iron Ore
Rich Iron Ore "Contrary to popular belief, it has no ill effect on fae dragon."

myth fae

Nickel Ore
Nickel Ore Has some uses.

Origin: Arcane, Light, Shadow

Rich Nickel Ore
Rich Nickel Ore Has some uses.

Origin: Arcane, Light, Shadow

Copper Ore
Copper Ore "More valuable than gold in some respects."

Origin: Ice, Lightning, Nature, Water

Rich Copper Ore
Rich Copper Ore "More valuable than gold in some respects."

Origin: Ice, Lightning, Nature, Water

Silver Ore
Silver Ore "Particularly useful should you ever meet a werewolf."

Origin: Everywhere

myth supernatural

Gold Ore
Gold Ore "Known to drive dragons to do very foolish things."

Origin: Everywhere

myth

Platinum Ore
Platinum Ore Origin: Everywhere

Cobalt Ore
Cobalt Ore "A rough, jagged chunk of pure cobalt. It is a very strong ore, used in vicious weaponry and armor."

Origin: Arcane, Nature, Water

armor weapon strong

Lead Ore
Lead Ore "A crumbling chunk of lead ore. This type of ore is quite brilliant when looked at in the sunlight."

Origin: Earth, Ice, Lightning, Plague

shiny

Tin Ore
Tin Ore "This metal is extremely malleable; it is used in trinkets and jewelry due to its ability to be shaped easily."

Origin: Fire, Light, Shadow, Wind

craft jewelry malleable

tumblr_inline_o3ley9Q1sE1r5syjm_500.png
Other Minerals and Materials
tumblr_inline_o3ley9Q1sE1r5syjm_500.png

Salt
Salt Should not be put in eyes.

Origin: Arcane, Earth, Plague, Water

Amber
Amber "Legends say that most of the realm's amber was formed in an ancient battle between the Flamecaller and the Gladekeeper, where terrible forest fires polymerized resin within the trees in the Viridian Labyrinth."

Origin: Nature

myth deity creation shiny
"Fae dragons spin their roosts from tree sap that they cure with magic to become a beautiful golden amber."

Ice Crystal
Ice Crystal Origin: Ice

shiny

Glowing Ember
Glowing Ember "A smoldering clump of embers that is almost too hot to hold. This can be traded at the Festive Favors shop during the Flameforger's Festival."

holiday currency fire glow

Seeker Orb
Seeker Orb "Seeker eyes are desirable commodities; dragons believe that jewelry crafted from these smooth stones may provide insight into their dreams."

myth jewelry craft magic divination

Seeker Brooch
Seeker Brooch "Scavenged deathseekers are a thrifty way to craft swell jewelry for that special someone in your life."

jewelry craft

Eroded Crystalhide
Eroded Crystalhide "A calcifying layer of sandstone and granite is beginning to form and several large, radiant crystals are jutting from the shoulders."

Origin: Earth

apparel
Not necessarily naturally occurring, but made entirely out of rock.

Ruby Brooch
Ruby Brooch "Metalworkers from the Ashfall Waste use cold lava and rubies from Dragonhome to make brooches like this one. Merchants like to wear these to show their wealth."

fire earth craft metalwork jewelry shiny

Emerald Brooch
Emerald Brooch Origin: Fire

fire earth craft metalwork jewelry shiny
Presumably made the same way as the Ruby Brooch.

Materials without official items
tumblr_nr4pdbmimT1scno6po10_400.png

Ruby
jewelry shiny

Citrine
jewelry shiny

Pearl
jewelry shiny

Bronze

Garnet

ice_rune_50x50.png ICEWARDEN_sig.png
[center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1939085/1]Items List[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1939085/1#post_21779761]History[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1939085/1#post_21779763]Regional[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1939085/1#post_21779765]Other[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1939085/1#post_21779766]Index[/url] [img]http://67.media.tumblr.com/d67710471949d842919dfe391e893dff/tumblr_o87uccJtxy1tddvg0o5_500.png[/img][/center] [size=6][b]Sornieth's Geologic History[/b][/size] [img]http://i.imgur.com/9oPiddM.png[/img] This is a summary of all the known geologic events of Sornieth. Most of the geologic events of Sornieth's history can be found described fully in the encyclopedia article on [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=6]The First Age[/url]. [quote=The First Age]In the beginning of time, a great chaos rang out in the darkness, shining brilliantly in the form of a billion small star fragments. Amidst the emptiness, a handful of these shards combined and churned themselves into a series of heavenly bodies, quietly floating around a young sun. It did not stop there, however. The fourth-furthest world in this celestial family appeared to be having troubles forming. While the other bodies were solidifying, it remained calamitous, suffering from years upon years of explosive tumult. Magic. Unlike its brother and sister realms, this fledgling planet teemed with unimaginable energies. As chunks of stone and dust smashed against one another, they prevented the perfect astronomic harmony needed to truly form a world.[/quote] The First Four; Earthshaker, Flamecaller, Windsinger, and Tidelord; are the embodiments of their elements. However, they were all born from the earth. The did not create the world itself, but they did create the world as we know it. They spent millennia building the world. "[T]he Earthshaker heaved slabs of stone into mountains and valleys, molding a diverse landscape across the surface." Flamecaller burst forth "[f]rom beneath the earth's crust" with volcanic eruptions. The continents were formed when Tidelord brought forth storms and floods to cool the Flamacaller's lava. But, the First Four did not agree on what the world should be like. Earthshaker wanted taller mountains and greater canyons. Flamecaller wanted to world to be like the sun, turned inside out, with lava "churn[ing] violently across its surface." Tidelord basically wanted the world to be one giant ocean. The gods began to fight, the combat lasting for centuries. On one side of the world, Tidelord and Windsinger fought and created the Stormcatcher. Wherever Stormcatcher went, thunderstorms followed, "parching once-fertile land into inhospitable desert." On the other side of the planet, Earthshaker and Flamecaller fought and "smashed the landscape to pieces," breaking mountains and fracturing plains. "With one great heave of [the Earthshaker's] front leg, the entire planet wobbled in its orbit, and to this day has remained at an irregular tilt. Emboldened by the sudden disorientation, the Flamecaller beckoned several magma vents into existence, shattering the crust and spewing voluminous smoke billows into the atmosphere. This brash action blotted out the sun, plunging the southern hemisphere into an impenetrable darkness, causing a chill that the world had never experienced." The "isolated island on the bottom of the world began to freeze over" and from this frost formed the Icewarden. The fighting even affected the cycle of night and day and created the Lightweaver and the Shadowbinder. After centuries of fighting, there was a sudden silence and the Eight stopped fighting. Then, the Shade attacked and invaded the planet. The Eight fought the Shade for hundreds of years until it was eventually defeated. [img]http://i.imgur.com/vGqyNmz.png?1.png[/img] After eons of battle, "[m]ountains had crumbled, oceans had soured or dried up. Volcanic faultlines ruined much of the surface." The Eight made a truce and decided to form the World Pillar as a magical shield at the northernmost point of the globe. They "[fused] their corporeal bodies together into layers of elemental marble slabs" and left the world to heal without the interference of gods. [img]http://i.imgur.com/2etnB20.png?1.png[/img] In the Second Age, "the horrific battle scars of the past began to mend." Societies grew and eventually created a magical engine. When the engine was turned on, it literally destroyed the entire world. The Arcanist was created from the energy of the explosion. [img]http://i.imgur.com/sR358u7.png?1.png[/img] After the explosion, in the Third Age, magic energy was essentially all that was left, and "the gnarled, skeletal remains of the cities and towns." "[C]oncentrated energies rained across the shattered landscape, seeping into the charred remains of life and industry." "Arcane particles sank deep into the crust" and helped the plant life regrow, also creating the Gladekeeper. Contrarily, the dead things that remained rotting on the ground fueled decay. "Putrid film soaked and crept across the ground, enveloping everything in its path." The contagion of rot and decay formed the Plaguebringer, who "scoured over the surface of the realm, leaving behind a frightening scarred wasteland." Gladekeeper and Plaguebringer began fighting each other. "Hilltops and cliffs were torn asunder, replaced with lush tropical gardens or seething, stinking, bone piles." As all dragonkind is familiar with what happened next, the Arcanist summoned the Shade to attack the world again, as it had done eons ago. Gladekeeper and Plaguebringer were fighting in a canyon when the Shade attacked and destroyed the magical barrier the Eight had created and shattered the World Pillar which had stood for many millennia. "The calamity had detonated the stone pillar, hurtling entire slabs and chunks of it across the globe. From the northern highlands to the southern ice shelf, not a landmass was unscathed by the shrapnel of the explosion. The most immense layers of the structure gravitated to their eventual resting places in the would-be elemental regions of the modern world." At the beginning of our current age, the Fourth Age, "[t]here was no sound but the slight tumble of fragments of rock settling, and the crackling of growing wildfires." "Floating above the massive plinth that remained, loose clusters of stone hovered in a columnar fashion, held aloft by their own will and a stubborn refusal to let go of the shape they once held. Below the ruined silhouette, the world was a tumble of upturned earth and strewn debris. Earthen scars radiated from the monument like a multi-armed star, pieces of it entrenched deep in the rocky crust." The Earthshaker remained at the base of the pillar, while the other left to claim their own regions. As Flamecaller left, "the earth rumbled and issued hot jets of smoke in her wake." The gods created dragonkind, who shaped their territories to accommodate their magic growth and dedicated themselves to preserving the pillar pieces and their element. [center][img]http://66.media.tumblr.com/6b21a04e97a0bad69c989d56d5a35c8a/tumblr_inline_o65n7qy8uM1tp73kr_540.png[/img] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1939085/1]Items List[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1939085/1#post_21779761]History[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1939085/1#post_21779763]Regional[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1939085/1#post_21779765]Other[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1939085/1#post_21779766]Index[/url] [img]http://67.media.tumblr.com/d67710471949d842919dfe391e893dff/tumblr_o87uccJtxy1tddvg0o5_500.png[/img][/center]

Sornieth's Geologic History

9oPiddM.png

This is a summary of all the known geologic events of Sornieth. Most of the geologic events of Sornieth's history can be found described fully in the encyclopedia article on The First Age.
The First Age wrote:
In the beginning of time, a great chaos rang out in the darkness, shining brilliantly in the form of a billion small star fragments. Amidst the emptiness, a handful of these shards combined and churned themselves into a series of heavenly bodies, quietly floating around a young sun.

It did not stop there, however. The fourth-furthest world in this celestial family appeared to be having troubles forming. While the other bodies were solidifying, it remained calamitous, suffering from years upon years of explosive tumult.

Magic.

Unlike its brother and sister realms, this fledgling planet teemed with unimaginable energies. As chunks of stone and dust smashed against one another, they prevented the perfect astronomic harmony needed to truly form a world.

The First Four; Earthshaker, Flamecaller, Windsinger, and Tidelord; are the embodiments of their elements. However, they were all born from the earth. The did not create the world itself, but they did create the world as we know it. They spent millennia building the world. "[T]he Earthshaker heaved slabs of stone into mountains and valleys, molding a diverse landscape across the surface." Flamecaller burst forth "[f]rom beneath the earth's crust" with volcanic eruptions. The continents were formed when Tidelord brought forth storms and floods to cool the Flamacaller's lava.

But, the First Four did not agree on what the world should be like. Earthshaker wanted taller mountains and greater canyons. Flamecaller wanted to world to be like the sun, turned inside out, with lava "churn[ing] violently across its surface." Tidelord basically wanted the world to be one giant ocean.

The gods began to fight, the combat lasting for centuries. On one side of the world, Tidelord and Windsinger fought and created the Stormcatcher. Wherever Stormcatcher went, thunderstorms followed, "parching once-fertile land into inhospitable desert." On the other side of the planet, Earthshaker and Flamecaller fought and "smashed the landscape to pieces," breaking mountains and fracturing plains. "With one great heave of [the Earthshaker's] front leg, the entire planet wobbled in its orbit, and to this day has remained at an irregular tilt. Emboldened by the sudden disorientation, the Flamecaller beckoned several magma vents into existence, shattering the crust and spewing voluminous smoke billows into the atmosphere. This brash action blotted out the sun, plunging the southern hemisphere into an impenetrable darkness, causing a chill that the world had never experienced." The "isolated island on the bottom of the world began to freeze over" and from this frost formed the Icewarden. The fighting even affected the cycle of night and day and created the Lightweaver and the Shadowbinder.

After centuries of fighting, there was a sudden silence and the Eight stopped fighting. Then, the Shade attacked and invaded the planet. The Eight fought the Shade for hundreds of years until it was eventually defeated.

vGqyNmz.png?1.png

After eons of battle, "[m]ountains had crumbled, oceans had soured or dried up. Volcanic faultlines ruined much of the surface." The Eight made a truce and decided to form the World Pillar as a magical shield at the northernmost point of the globe. They "[fused] their corporeal bodies together into layers of elemental marble slabs" and left the world to heal without the interference of gods.

2etnB20.png?1.png

In the Second Age, "the horrific battle scars of the past began to mend." Societies grew and eventually created a magical engine. When the engine was turned on, it literally destroyed the entire world. The Arcanist was created from the energy of the explosion.

sR358u7.png?1.png

After the explosion, in the Third Age, magic energy was essentially all that was left, and "the gnarled, skeletal remains of the cities and towns." "[C]oncentrated energies rained across the shattered landscape, seeping into the charred remains of life and industry." "Arcane particles sank deep into the crust" and helped the plant life regrow, also creating the Gladekeeper. Contrarily, the dead things that remained rotting on the ground fueled decay. "Putrid film soaked and crept across the ground, enveloping everything in its path." The contagion of rot and decay formed the Plaguebringer, who "scoured over the surface of the realm, leaving behind a frightening scarred wasteland."

Gladekeeper and Plaguebringer began fighting each other. "Hilltops and cliffs were torn asunder, replaced with lush tropical gardens or seething, stinking, bone piles." As all dragonkind is familiar with what happened next, the Arcanist summoned the Shade to attack the world again, as it had done eons ago. Gladekeeper and Plaguebringer were fighting in a canyon when the Shade attacked and destroyed the magical barrier the Eight had created and shattered the World Pillar which had stood for many millennia.

"The calamity had detonated the stone pillar, hurtling entire slabs and chunks of it across the globe. From the northern highlands to the southern ice shelf, not a landmass was unscathed by the shrapnel of the explosion. The most immense layers of the structure gravitated to their eventual resting places in the would-be elemental regions of the modern world." At the beginning of our current age, the Fourth Age, "[t]here was no sound but the slight tumble of fragments of rock settling, and the crackling of growing wildfires."

"Floating above the massive plinth that remained, loose clusters of stone hovered in a columnar fashion, held aloft by their own will and a stubborn refusal to let go of the shape they once held. Below the ruined silhouette, the world was a tumble of upturned earth and strewn debris. Earthen scars radiated from the monument like a multi-armed star, pieces of it entrenched deep in the rocky crust."

The Earthshaker remained at the base of the pillar, while the other left to claim their own regions. As Flamecaller left, "the earth rumbled and issued hot jets of smoke in her wake." The gods created dragonkind, who shaped their territories to accommodate their magic growth and dedicated themselves to preserving the pillar pieces and their element.
[center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1939085/1]Items List[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1939085/1#post_21779761]History[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1939085/1#post_21779763]Regional[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1939085/1#post_21779765]Other[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1939085/1#post_21779766]Index[/url] [img]http://67.media.tumblr.com/d67710471949d842919dfe391e893dff/tumblr_o87uccJtxy1tddvg0o5_500.png[/img][/center] [size=7][b]Regional Geology[/b][/size] [img]http://66.media.tumblr.com/3c0dc5e380832f2e571c5f664420bf92/tumblr_inline_nvcxj1vmRK1r7qfkn_500.png[/img] [columns][img]http://i.imgur.com/Dg27pdH.png[/img][nextcol][size=7][b]Dragonhome[/b][/size][/columns] [i]"The rocky northern highlands, guarded by the Earthshaker and his subjects."[/i] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/icons/earth_0.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/icons/earth_1.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/icons/earth_2.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/icons/earth_3.png[/img] [img]http://66.media.tumblr.com/8958511ef5b451c888d66bda3d26487c/tumblr_nj9kyb0AiI1r28672o2_500.png[/img] Naturally, the home of the Earth flight is made almost entirely from stone, [i]and is surrounded by mountains. It is a dry climate at a high altitude. Earth dragons build stone monuments, collect granite, and "[g]emstones are their favored treasure." Dragonhome is connected to the Tangled Wood by "undersea cave networks." The Earth Flight has endeavoured to map the many cave systems of Sornieth. The Shattered Plain is "[a] rocky, barren expanse of skittering stone and parched, packed dirt lined and featured with innumerable cracks." The plains are described as featureless and are composed of shale. Occasionally, "shallow wells of water can be found below the surface." Snapper dragons can use "their thick, blunted nails...to break through the shale." "The mighty break in the eggshell-shaped mountain range surrounding the [World] Pillar" is known as Greatwyrm's Breach. This "gorge [reaches] westward towards the sea" and contains an "intricate series of networked caverns," many of which contain "murals and cave-paintings telling of the ancient feats performed by the Elemental Gods in the shaping of the world."[/i] Together, these two subregions make up most of Dragonhome. [i]"Once an ancient burial ground, the Cairnstone Rest possesses the richest gem deposits in Dragonhome." Mines are dug here. The "crumbling remains" of The Pillar of the World, located at the northernmost point of the globe,[/i] is perhaps the most sacred place in all of Sornieth. [i]The Earthshaker himself still remains at the base of the monument, guarding it, to this day. The World Pillar was created by the Eight and is made of elemental marble slabs. Large chunks of these slabs were scattered around the world when it was destroyed. During the millennia that it stood, the Pillar could be seen from everywhere in the world. It was worshiped by early societies of the Second Age.[/i] The elemental marble it is made of is unlikely to exist anywhere other than pieces of the World Pillar because those marble slabs were formed from the fused "corporeal bodies" of the first Eight deities. [img]http://66.media.tumblr.com/3619f150a005fea416dc428fc9ca0058/tumblr_inline_nvcxj4PgUQ1r7qfkn_500.png[/img] [columns][img]http://i.imgur.com/7F3XI81.png?1.png[/img][nextcol][size=7][b]The Ashfall Waste[/b][/size][/columns] [i]"The unstable southern magmalands, exploited by the Flamecaller and her masons."[/i] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/icons/fire_0.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/icons/fire_1.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/icons/fire_2.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/icons/fire_3.png[/img] [img]http://67.media.tumblr.com/fc3f8f8d7eac8b71b7f8eaf621997592/tumblr_nj9kyb0AiI1r28672o3_500.png[/img] [i]The Ashfall Waste is a volcanic region known as "the heartbeat of the world. It is said that whenever the land is pained, searing canyons and geysers emerge from the bedrock, and it is the Fire dragonflight that exploits this unrest, shaping and manufacturing the terrain however they see fit." The Fire dragons that live there are metalworkers who produce many goods,[/i] including much of the world's jewelry, [i]and rare metals are among their favored treasures. Lightning ridgebacks "borrow" ore from "deep below the enriched ground of the Ashfall Waste." The Emberglow Hearth contains gentle magma vents and "natural open-hearth furnaces." It is "free of the volatile pressure troubling the rest of the" region. The Molten Scar "is comprised of disjointed tectonic plates that crash thunderously into one another as they drift on the liquid rock. Rare metals are revealed in this back-and-forth exchange, and the open gaps are alive with dragons eager to plunder the veins before the next collision knocks the unclaimed ore into the melting pot below." The Blacksand Annex's "obsidian coastline is blanketed in flowing lava and a scalding steam-mist at the water's edge. The land is fluid and soft," like unmolded clay. The Great Furnace is "the continent's largest and most active volcano" and is made of "thick, glassy obsidian."[/i] [img]http://66.media.tumblr.com/1273e17c3b4b92e21a69783aacad2b09/tumblr_inline_nvcxja2YRu1r7qfkn_500.png[/img] [columns][img]http://i.imgur.com/nl3gIWH.png?1.png[/img][nextcol][size=7][b]The Windswept Plateau[/b][/size][/columns] [i]"The breezy calming eastland, maintained by the Windsinger and his children."[/i] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/icons/wind_0.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/icons/wind_1.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/icons/wind_2.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/icons/wind_3.png[/img] [img]http://66.media.tumblr.com/14d0cd583550143254fdbf01f0f531ec/tumblr_nj9tb4ahZk1r28672o1_500.png[/img] [i]The Windswept Plateau is a "peaceful highland of steppes and fields."[/i] With the exception of oceans, the Windswept Plateau has the least amount of earth of all the regions, as much of the territory is in the air. Grasses and reeds fill most of the terrain. [i]The kites of the Cloudsong are therefore constructed mostly of bamboo, reeds, paper, and leather. The Zephyr Steppes are said to be the "most peaceful place in all the world." The grassy steppes are lined with bushes. The Reedcleft Ascent is "a series of reed-covered cliffs." They appear like stairs, as "[e]ach pillar is higher than the one before it, creating the illusion of a fractured slope."[/i] [img]http://66.media.tumblr.com/15063cbdcaa0d20da25e3267fc8d8bed/tumblr_inline_nvcxja74do1r7qfkn_500.png[/img] [columns][img]http://i.imgur.com/lrIdGSh.png[/img][nextcol][size=7][b]Sea of a Thousand Currents[/b][/size][/columns] [i]"The fresh inland sea, maintained by the Tidelord and his oracles."[/i] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/icons/water_0.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/icons/water_1.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/icons/water_2.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/icons/water_3.png[/img] [img]http://67.media.tumblr.com/732327097b5071d006a0397e2a3c992e/tumblr_nj9kyb0AiI1r28672o10_500.png[/img] [i]The Sea of a Thousand Currents is "[t]he largest body of freshwater in the realm."[/i] Although it is a sea, there are many rocks and minerals underwater. [i]Tsunami Flats is a "coastal stretch of shoals and giant tidal pools."[/i] The largest of these pools is at the end of a waterfall from the major river that runs through the Sunbeam Ruins. [i]"Dragons occupy the pools, burrowing into the loamy sand and shaping half-submerged underwater caves." The Leviathan Trench is "[t]he deepest part of the world" and is known as the "sea beneath the sea." Dragons dig lairs in the underwater cliff faces here.[/i] [img]http://65.media.tumblr.com/703a4d8509154726b954e86ff070731e/tumblr_inline_nvcxj7ZaQB1r7qfkn_500.png[/img] [columns][img]http://i.imgur.com/vioX8n2.png?1.png[/img][nextcol][size=7][b]The Shifting Expanse[/b][/size][/columns] [i]"The blistering western desert, manufactured by the Stormcatcher and his employees."[/i] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/icons/lightning_0.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/icons/lightning_1.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/icons/lightning_2.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/icons/lightning_3.png[/img] [img]http://67.media.tumblr.com/ec25a86aa52367906cef5fe9a01f8f45/tumblr_nj9kyb0AiI1r28672o7_500.png[/img] Despite being described as the western desert, the Shifting Expanse is actually in the east. [i]Often described as inhospitable, this desert contains many mesas, canyons, valleys, and "dry, rolling dunes." Lightning dragons "[change] the world to adapt to them, rather than adapting to the world" and carve their lairs "deep into the earth and on the hollowed insides of the towering mesas and buttes that line the coast." The Highland Scrub is "[a]n arid stretch of land"[/i] that contains most of the region's vegetation, [i]in the form of cacti. The Lightning Farm consists of many mesas with lightning rods on top of them and cables stretched between them.[/i] The Tempest Spire resides atop the largest mesa. [img]http://66.media.tumblr.com/6da2fe127bfc4f61e27abb4eae7c427f/tumblr_inline_nvcxj5JV8r1r7qfkn_500.png[/img] [columns][img]http://i.imgur.com/Tr0h0ty.png[/img][nextcol][size=7][b]The Southern Icefield[/b][/size][/columns] [i]"The cloistered southern tundra, guarded by the Icewarden and his subjects."[/i] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/icons/ice_0.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/icons/ice_1.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/icons/ice_2.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/icons/ice_3.png[/img] [img]http://66.media.tumblr.com/812918507bdb5793181e02e58a625ffd/tumblr_nj9kyb0AiI1r28672o5_500.png[/img] [i]The Southern Icefield, also known as the southern continent or ice shelf, is at the "bottom of the world" and "once enveloped the entire lower hemisphere, rivaling the size of the" northern continent. The entire region is covered in snow and ice except for the Snowsquall Tundra. The Frigid Floes is a "gleaming field of floes" that stretches all the way to the Starfall Isles. "Recent warm weather and intrusions from the children of Fire and Lightning have contributed to the fractured landscape, each conflict pushing the puzzle pieces further apart." The Snowsquall Tundra "blankets the heart of the icefield." "Dense evergreen forests skirt the mountain ridges" of the Cloudscrape Crags. "This desolate string of mountains overlooks the frozen waste, and are among the tallest in the world." The Fortress of Ends is a "craggy, inhospitable terrain [that grows] spires of impenetrable ice, covered in hoarfrost."[/i] [img]http://67.media.tumblr.com/93085f788a574912a5467474801eecf2/tumblr_inline_nvcxj9iYIt1r7qfkn_500.png[/img] [columns][img]http://i.imgur.com/dk8CBi9.png?1.png[/img][nextcol][size=7][b]The Tangled Wood[/b][/size][/columns] [i]"The murky lowlands, hidden away by the Shadowbinder and her minions."[/i] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/icons/shadow_0.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/icons/shadow_1.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/icons/shadow_2.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/icons/shadow_3.png[/img] [img]http://67.media.tumblr.com/a26bf027f53754c010781f5c937cb153/tumblr_nj9kyb0AiI1r28672o6_500.png[/img] [i]The Tangled Wood is "cursed, murky wood of rail-thin evergreens." "The earth here is literally sunken, as if half of the Sunbeam Ruins fell away into darkness willingly." The realms of Light and Shadow may have been one region at one point, but Shadowbinder began pulling the earth down into water so it became swampy. There is a stairway between the Tangled Wood and the Sunbeam Ruins that may have been a last attempt at an alliance. The Tangled Wood is connected to Dragonhome by "undersea cave networks." The Driftwood Drag is a river delta with a "silty flow" of water filled with natural "haphazard dams of wood, bark, and leaf-litter stuck together." The land here is fertile. Some dragons live in caves in the Wispwillow Grove. The Forum of the Obscured Crescent is "[a] dirtied, muddied hovel, deliberately piled with debris from all the surrounding areas." An ancient civilization "built an open air temple around the pool. The Shadowbinder now claims the Forum as her fortress, fouling the pool with spoils and junk."[/i] [img]http://67.media.tumblr.com/14b8eba440a2ee6ce8da37a3cc20a2f3/tumblr_inline_nvcxj6Oad21r7qfkn_500.png[/img] [columns][img]http://i.imgur.com/BT3itzd.png?2.png[/img][nextcol][size=7][b]Sumbeam Ruins[/b][/size][/columns] [i]"The ancient seaside empire, illuminated the Lightweaver and her children."[/i] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/icons/light_0.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/icons/light_1.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/icons/light_2.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/icons/light_3.png[/img] [img]http://66.media.tumblr.com/ba8814b6efed49ff302789e5f71650aa/tumblr_nj9kyb0AiI1r28672o8_500.png[/img] [i]The Sunbeam Ruins contains the crumbling remains of an ancient empire and "golden rolling hills speckled with ruins and redwoods." The Sunbeam Ruins and the Tangled Wood may have been one region at one point, but Shadowbinder began pulling the earth down into water so it became swampy. There is a stairway between the Tangled Wood and the Sunbeam Ruins that may have been a last attempt at an alliance.[/i] The Sundial Terrance is one of the major remaining structures. [i]"Little is known about the original architects of the giant sundial, but many continue to study feverishly to understand its origins. Each summer, on the longest day of the year, dragons from all over the world gather around the monument and etch the outline of its giant shadow into the stone floors of the terrace, an activity that has been practiced since before the Light dragons ever settled." The Mirrorlight Promenade is "[a] massive, decorative expanse of ancient architecture, angled to perfectly line up with the rising and setting of the sun," filled with crumbling pillars. The Hewn City is "[a] ruined, skeletal landscape of shattered structures." No one knows why the Hewn City is covered in darkness in a region otherwise filled only by light. The Beacon of the Radiant Eye is "[a] crumbled, but welcoming tower that resides on the eastern seaboard" on a cliff.[/i] This tower may have at one time been one of the taller features of the world, although likely not as tall as the Observatory. [img]http://67.media.tumblr.com/c4966729d2a9b978dff1e6f5a01b8d6b/tumblr_inline_nvcxj7dazi1r7qfkn_500.png[/img] [columns][img]http://i.imgur.com/q3fvmlV.png[/img][nextcol][size=7][b]The Viridian Labyrinth[/b][/size][/columns] [i]"The verdant northeastern jungle, nourished by the Gladekeeper and her seeds."[/i] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/icons/nature_0.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/icons/nature_1.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/icons/nature_2.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/icons/nature_3.png[/img] [img]http://67.media.tumblr.com/3f8eac5ab16bee09d482a3ddad15e831/tumblr_nj9kyb0AiI1r28672o4_500.png[/img] [i]"The Viridian Labyrinth is considered the pulsing, verdant center of what remains of the Gladekeeper's ambitious campaign to blanket the world in life abundant." It is filled with "dark sweated jungles" and many "roots and streams." "The Gladeveins contain a tiered structure of aqueducts and waterfalls running through fallen and hewn logs." Here, "[w]ater floods in controlled deluges, soaking the soil." The Behemoth is "[a]n enormous tree at the heart of the maze" and "it is visible from nearly every horizon in the world,"[/i] and, as such, is likely currently the tallest thing in the world. [img]http://67.media.tumblr.com/84a10b52b9d6bbb492402d373d9d1a61/tumblr_inline_nvcxj8dyKs1r7qfkn_500.png[/img] [columns][img]http://i.imgur.com/ImUkfgZ.png[/img][nextcol][size=7][b]The Scarred Wasteland[/b][/size][/columns] [i]"The virulent fields of decay, infected by the Plaguebringer and her spawn."[/i] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/icons/plague_0.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/icons/plague_1.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/icons/plague_2.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/icons/plague_3.png[/img] [img]http://66.media.tumblr.com/aed6377eb396abbaa7338900db5baea2/tumblr_nj9kyb0AiI1r28672o9_500.png[/img] [i]The Scarred Wasteland is"[l]ike a wound in the center of the world." "Rot and runaway viruses pulse through the landscape, infecting the terrain as it spreads ever outward in a sick spiral of death and decay." "The arid, growing wastes that make up the majority of this land are broad and deadly" and known as the Abiding Boneyard. The Wyrmwound is a large crater and the "ring of this immense crater," a "sudden upturn of earth," is known as Rotrock Rim.[/i] [img]http://67.media.tumblr.com/98f36a6a56fa24a55f210506289b0e22/tumblr_inline_nvcxj1PaKt1r7qfkn_500.png[/img] [columns][img]http://i.imgur.com/HHZbYVd.png?1.png[/img][nextcol][size=7][b]Starfall Isles[/b][/size][/columns] [i]"The twisted, broken islands of the Arcanist and his scholars."[/i] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/icons/arcane_0.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/icons/arcane_1.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/icons/arcane_2.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/icons/arcane_3.png[/img] [img]http://66.media.tumblr.com/7f7fa701b926da868c46a758b113541d/tumblr_nj9kyb0AiI1r28672o1_500.png[/img] [i]"The Starfall Isles, once low rolling plains and small islands lined with glimmering shores, were transformed into a skyline of crystalline peaks and listlessly rotating earth streaked in bolts of pure magic" when the engine exploded in the Second Age. "The isles were less island-ish before that particular calamity." There are hydrothermal cents off the coat of the Starfall Isles. Runestones and meterors are among the favored treasures of Arcane dragons. The "mighty mountain range" of the Crystalspine Reaches "once stood straight and tall," but the land was warped by magic and "[t]he peaks now curve inward, pointing directly toward the Observatory." They were "once normal granite mountains, [but] are now entirely made of pink chalcedony after extreme arcane vortices warped their physical properties." The Starwood Strand is a "former shoreline." Now, the Star Wood features "trees [that] stretch skyward and grow taller than anywhere else." "Once a low island, Focal Point now threatens to tower over even the Crystalspine Mountains. The earth here longs to join the sky, pulling upwards in cascading towers of rock and crystal." There are also "meteors that rain upon the land" here. The Observatory, with its Eye of Many Lenses, is where the Arcanist resides. It is an "archaic structure" from the Second Age, and "[i]its metallic surface [shines] brilliantly up close, constructed out of polished amber-colored alloys."[/i] [center][img]http://66.media.tumblr.com/6b21a04e97a0bad69c989d56d5a35c8a/tumblr_inline_o65n7qy8uM1tp73kr_540.png[/img] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1939085/1]Items List[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1939085/1#post_21779761]History[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1939085/1#post_21779763]Regional[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1939085/1#post_21779765]Other[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1939085/1#post_21779766]Index[/url] [img]http://67.media.tumblr.com/d67710471949d842919dfe391e893dff/tumblr_o87uccJtxy1tddvg0o5_500.png[/img][/center]

Regional Geology

tumblr_inline_nvcxj1vmRK1r7qfkn_500.png
Dg27pdH.png Dragonhome
"The rocky northern highlands, guarded by the Earthshaker and his subjects."
earth_0.png earth_1.png earth_2.png earth_3.png
tumblr_nj9kyb0AiI1r28672o2_500.png

Naturally, the home of the Earth flight is made almost entirely from stone, and is surrounded by mountains. It is a dry climate at a high altitude. Earth dragons build stone monuments, collect granite, and "[g]emstones are their favored treasure." Dragonhome is connected to the Tangled Wood by "undersea cave networks." The Earth Flight has endeavoured to map the many cave systems of Sornieth.

The Shattered Plain is "[a] rocky, barren expanse of skittering stone and parched, packed dirt lined and featured with innumerable cracks." The plains are described as featureless and are composed of shale. Occasionally, "shallow wells of water can be found below the surface." Snapper dragons can use "their thick, blunted nails...to break through the shale."

"The mighty break in the eggshell-shaped mountain range surrounding the [World] Pillar" is known as Greatwyrm's Breach. This "gorge [reaches] westward towards the sea" and contains an "intricate series of networked caverns," many of which contain "murals and cave-paintings telling of the ancient feats performed by the Elemental Gods in the shaping of the world."
Together, these two subregions make up most of Dragonhome.

"Once an ancient burial ground, the Cairnstone Rest possesses the richest gem deposits in Dragonhome." Mines are dug here.

The "crumbling remains" of The Pillar of the World, located at the northernmost point of the globe,
is perhaps the most sacred place in all of Sornieth. The Earthshaker himself still remains at the base of the monument, guarding it, to this day. The World Pillar was created by the Eight and is made of elemental marble slabs. Large chunks of these slabs were scattered around the world when it was destroyed. During the millennia that it stood, the Pillar could be seen from everywhere in the world. It was worshiped by early societies of the Second Age. The elemental marble it is made of is unlikely to exist anywhere other than pieces of the World Pillar because those marble slabs were formed from the fused "corporeal bodies" of the first Eight deities.

tumblr_inline_nvcxj4PgUQ1r7qfkn_500.png
7F3XI81.png?1.png The Ashfall Waste
"The unstable southern magmalands, exploited by the Flamecaller and her masons."
fire_0.png fire_1.png fire_2.png fire_3.png
tumblr_nj9kyb0AiI1r28672o3_500.png

The Ashfall Waste is a volcanic region known as "the heartbeat of the world. It is said that whenever the land is pained, searing canyons and geysers emerge from the bedrock, and it is the Fire dragonflight that exploits this unrest, shaping and manufacturing the terrain however they see fit." The Fire dragons that live there are metalworkers who produce many goods, including much of the world's jewelry, and rare metals are among their favored treasures. Lightning ridgebacks "borrow" ore from "deep below the enriched ground of the Ashfall Waste."

The Emberglow Hearth contains gentle magma vents and "natural open-hearth furnaces." It is "free of the volatile pressure troubling the rest of the" region.

The Molten Scar "is comprised of disjointed tectonic plates that crash thunderously into one another as they drift on the liquid rock. Rare metals are revealed in this back-and-forth exchange, and the open gaps are alive with dragons eager to plunder the veins before the next collision knocks the unclaimed ore into the melting pot below."

The Blacksand Annex's "obsidian coastline is blanketed in flowing lava and a scalding steam-mist at the water's edge. The land is fluid and soft," like unmolded clay.

The Great Furnace is "the continent's largest and most active volcano" and is made of "thick, glassy obsidian."

tumblr_inline_nvcxja2YRu1r7qfkn_500.png
nl3gIWH.png?1.png The Windswept Plateau
"The breezy calming eastland, maintained by the Windsinger and his children."
wind_0.png wind_1.png wind_2.png wind_3.png
tumblr_nj9tb4ahZk1r28672o1_500.png

The Windswept Plateau is a "peaceful highland of steppes and fields." With the exception of oceans, the Windswept Plateau has the least amount of earth of all the regions, as much of the territory is in the air. Grasses and reeds fill most of the terrain. The kites of the Cloudsong are therefore constructed mostly of bamboo, reeds, paper, and leather.

The Zephyr Steppes are said to be the "most peaceful place in all the world." The grassy steppes are lined with bushes.

The Reedcleft Ascent is "a series of reed-covered cliffs." They appear like stairs, as "[e]ach pillar is higher than the one before it, creating the illusion of a fractured slope."

tumblr_inline_nvcxja74do1r7qfkn_500.png
lrIdGSh.png Sea of a Thousand Currents
"The fresh inland sea, maintained by the Tidelord and his oracles."
water_0.png water_1.png water_2.png water_3.png
tumblr_nj9kyb0AiI1r28672o10_500.png

The Sea of a Thousand Currents is "[t]he largest body of freshwater in the realm." Although it is a sea, there are many rocks and minerals underwater.

Tsunami Flats is a "coastal stretch of shoals and giant tidal pools." The largest of these pools is at the end of a waterfall from the major river that runs through the Sunbeam Ruins. "Dragons occupy the pools, burrowing into the loamy sand and shaping half-submerged underwater caves."

The Leviathan Trench is "[t]he deepest part of the world" and is known as the "sea beneath the sea." Dragons dig lairs in the underwater cliff faces here.

tumblr_inline_nvcxj7ZaQB1r7qfkn_500.png
vioX8n2.png?1.png The Shifting Expanse
"The blistering western desert, manufactured by the Stormcatcher and his employees."
lightning_0.png lightning_1.png lightning_2.png lightning_3.png
tumblr_nj9kyb0AiI1r28672o7_500.png

Despite being described as the western desert, the Shifting Expanse is actually in the east. Often described as inhospitable, this desert contains many mesas, canyons, valleys, and "dry, rolling dunes." Lightning dragons "[change] the world to adapt to them, rather than adapting to the world" and carve their lairs "deep into the earth and on the hollowed insides of the towering mesas and buttes that line the coast."

The Highland Scrub is "[a]n arid stretch of land"
that contains most of the region's vegetation, in the form of cacti. The Lightning Farm consists of many mesas with lightning rods on top of them and cables stretched between them. The Tempest Spire resides atop the largest mesa.

tumblr_inline_nvcxj5JV8r1r7qfkn_500.png
Tr0h0ty.png The Southern Icefield
"The cloistered southern tundra, guarded by the Icewarden and his subjects."
ice_0.png ice_1.png ice_2.png ice_3.png
tumblr_nj9kyb0AiI1r28672o5_500.png

The Southern Icefield, also known as the southern continent or ice shelf, is at the "bottom of the world" and "once enveloped the entire lower hemisphere, rivaling the size of the" northern continent. The entire region is covered in snow and ice except for the Snowsquall Tundra.

The Frigid Floes is a "gleaming field of floes" that stretches all the way to the Starfall Isles. "Recent warm weather and intrusions from the children of Fire and Lightning have contributed to the fractured landscape, each conflict pushing the puzzle pieces further apart."

The Snowsquall Tundra "blankets the heart of the icefield." "Dense evergreen forests skirt the mountain ridges" of the Cloudscrape Crags. "This desolate string of mountains overlooks the frozen waste, and are among the tallest in the world." The Fortress of Ends is a "craggy, inhospitable terrain [that grows] spires of impenetrable ice, covered in hoarfrost."

tumblr_inline_nvcxj9iYIt1r7qfkn_500.png
dk8CBi9.png?1.png The Tangled Wood
"The murky lowlands, hidden away by the Shadowbinder and her minions."
shadow_0.png shadow_1.png shadow_2.png shadow_3.png
tumblr_nj9kyb0AiI1r28672o6_500.png

The Tangled Wood is "cursed, murky wood of rail-thin evergreens." "The earth here is literally sunken, as if half of the Sunbeam Ruins fell away into darkness willingly." The realms of Light and Shadow may have been one region at one point, but Shadowbinder began pulling the earth down into water so it became swampy. There is a stairway between the Tangled Wood and the Sunbeam Ruins that may have been a last attempt at an alliance. The Tangled Wood is connected to Dragonhome by "undersea cave networks."

The Driftwood Drag is a river delta with a "silty flow" of water filled with natural "haphazard dams of wood, bark, and leaf-litter stuck together." The land here is fertile. Some dragons live in caves in the Wispwillow Grove.

The Forum of the Obscured Crescent is "[a] dirtied, muddied hovel, deliberately piled with debris from all the surrounding areas." An ancient civilization "built an open air temple around the pool. The Shadowbinder now claims the Forum as her fortress, fouling the pool with spoils and junk."

tumblr_inline_nvcxj6Oad21r7qfkn_500.png
BT3itzd.png?2.png Sumbeam Ruins
"The ancient seaside empire, illuminated the Lightweaver and her children."
light_0.png light_1.png light_2.png light_3.png
tumblr_nj9kyb0AiI1r28672o8_500.png

The Sunbeam Ruins contains the crumbling remains of an ancient empire and "golden rolling hills speckled with ruins and redwoods." The Sunbeam Ruins and the Tangled Wood may have been one region at one point, but Shadowbinder began pulling the earth down into water so it became swampy. There is a stairway between the Tangled Wood and the Sunbeam Ruins that may have been a last attempt at an alliance.

The Sundial Terrance is one of the major remaining structures. "Little is known about the original architects of the giant sundial, but many continue to study feverishly to understand its origins. Each summer, on the longest day of the year, dragons from all over the world gather around the monument and etch the outline of its giant shadow into the stone floors of the terrace, an activity that has been practiced since before the Light dragons ever settled."

The Mirrorlight Promenade is "[a] massive, decorative expanse of ancient architecture, angled to perfectly line up with the rising and setting of the sun," filled with crumbling pillars. The Hewn City is "[a] ruined, skeletal landscape of shattered structures." No one knows why the Hewn City is covered in darkness in a region otherwise filled only by light.

The Beacon of the Radiant Eye is "[a] crumbled, but welcoming tower that resides on the eastern seaboard" on a cliff.
This tower may have at one time been one of the taller features of the world, although likely not as tall as the Observatory.

tumblr_inline_nvcxj7dazi1r7qfkn_500.png
q3fvmlV.png The Viridian Labyrinth
"The verdant northeastern jungle, nourished by the Gladekeeper and her seeds."
nature_0.png nature_1.png nature_2.png nature_3.png
tumblr_nj9kyb0AiI1r28672o4_500.png

"The Viridian Labyrinth is considered the pulsing, verdant center of what remains of the Gladekeeper's ambitious campaign to blanket the world in life abundant." It is filled with "dark sweated jungles" and many "roots and streams."

"The Gladeveins contain a tiered structure of aqueducts and waterfalls running through fallen and hewn logs." Here, "[w]ater floods in controlled deluges, soaking the soil."

The Behemoth is "[a]n enormous tree at the heart of the maze" and "it is visible from nearly every horizon in the world,"
and, as such, is likely currently the tallest thing in the world.

tumblr_inline_nvcxj8dyKs1r7qfkn_500.png
ImUkfgZ.png The Scarred Wasteland
"The virulent fields of decay, infected by the Plaguebringer and her spawn."
plague_0.png plague_1.png plague_2.png plague_3.png
tumblr_nj9kyb0AiI1r28672o9_500.png

The Scarred Wasteland is"[l]ike a wound in the center of the world." "Rot and runaway viruses pulse through the landscape, infecting the terrain as it spreads ever outward in a sick spiral of death and decay."

"The arid, growing wastes that make up the majority of this land are broad and deadly" and known as the Abiding Boneyard. The Wyrmwound is a large crater and the "ring of this immense crater," a "sudden upturn of earth," is known as Rotrock Rim.

tumblr_inline_nvcxj1PaKt1r7qfkn_500.png
HHZbYVd.png?1.png Starfall Isles
"The twisted, broken islands of the Arcanist and his scholars."
arcane_0.png arcane_1.png arcane_2.png arcane_3.png
tumblr_nj9kyb0AiI1r28672o1_500.png

"The Starfall Isles, once low rolling plains and small islands lined with glimmering shores, were transformed into a skyline of crystalline peaks and listlessly rotating earth streaked in bolts of pure magic" when the engine exploded in the Second Age. "The isles were less island-ish before that particular calamity." There are hydrothermal cents off the coat of the Starfall Isles. Runestones and meterors are among the favored treasures of Arcane dragons.

The "mighty mountain range" of the Crystalspine Reaches "once stood straight and tall," but the land was warped by magic and "[t]he peaks now curve inward, pointing directly toward the Observatory." They were "once normal granite mountains, [but] are now entirely made of pink chalcedony after extreme arcane vortices warped their physical properties."

The Starwood Strand is a "former shoreline." Now, the Star Wood features "trees [that] stretch skyward and grow taller than anywhere else."

"Once a low island, Focal Point now threatens to tower over even the Crystalspine Mountains. The earth here longs to join the sky, pulling upwards in cascading towers of rock and crystal." There are also "meteors that rain upon the land" here.

The Observatory, with its Eye of Many Lenses, is where the Arcanist resides. It is an "archaic structure" from the Second Age, and "its metallic surface [shines] brilliantly up close, constructed out of polished amber-colored alloys."

[size=6][b]Other Information[/b][/size] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=1] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/1/1_350.png[/img] [/url] [size=5][b]The Earthshaker[/b][/size] What Flight Rising geology guide would be complete without mentioning the Earthshaker? He is the earth deity and is made of stone or otherwise covered in stone. [i]He is described as having "thick, granite-caked legs."[/i] This may be why granite is so special to Earth dragons. [i]After the World Pillar was destroyed, dust blew in vortices, "encrusting the [Earthshaker] in gravels and sands." He stayed frozen there for years until time "[calcified] his body into a heap of boulders."[/i] [size=5][b]Beastclans[/b][/size] [i]Beastclans rose from the ruins of the Second Age. When dragons were created, they took over beastclan lands, making them into "wyrm caverns and roosts." Serthis frequently attack dragons living in natural caverns. Like dragons, beastclans also use the earth and its materials for various purposes. For example, Corven collect minerals for Talonok rituals and ceremonies. Longnecks are "native to Dragonhome and its surrounding mountains." They use rocks and boulders to build tools, roads, and buildings. It is said that Longnecks have a hidden "valley of steep cliffs, harsh edges, and close quarters." No dragon has yet been able to locate or enter this "hillside labyrinth."[/i]
Other Information

1_350.png

The Earthshaker

What Flight Rising geology guide would be complete without mentioning the Earthshaker? He is the earth deity and is made of stone or otherwise covered in stone. He is described as having "thick, granite-caked legs." This may be why granite is so special to Earth dragons. After the World Pillar was destroyed, dust blew in vortices, "encrusting the [Earthshaker] in gravels and sands." He stayed frozen there for years until time "[calcified] his body into a heap of boulders."

Beastclans

Beastclans rose from the ruins of the Second Age. When dragons were created, they took over beastclan lands, making them into "wyrm caverns and roosts." Serthis frequently attack dragons living in natural caverns. Like dragons, beastclans also use the earth and its materials for various purposes. For example, Corven collect minerals for Talonok rituals and ceremonies.

Longnecks are "native to Dragonhome and its surrounding mountains." They use rocks and boulders to build tools, roads, and buildings. It is said that Longnecks have a hidden "valley of steep cliffs, harsh edges, and close quarters." No dragon has yet been able to locate or enter this "hillside labyrinth."
Tag Index

To make it easier to locate information, I have included keyword tags in the item list so you can use Ctrl+F to search for specific things. All the tags are in the singular form.

Tags you can search for include all the elements (I did not include the region names, only the element name), dragon breeds, rock types, specific beastclans (or just beastclan for all beastclan-related items), properties (ie. malleable, strong, weak).

Any item that has any kind of use has been tagged with use.

Myth refers to any kind of myth, legend, lore, or really anything that has a story to it; it does not only mean actual myths.

Shiny refers to any item that is shiny. Reflective is for items that actually reflect light, like mirrors or prisms. Glow is for items that emit their own light.

Other tags you can search for include: build, craft, jewelry, metalwork, art (includes all kinds of visual arts), writing, decoration, medicine, toxin, magic, divination, deity, supernatural, currency, weapon, armor, magnet, pigment, game, cave, water, animal, creation (anything about how it is formed), time
Tag Index

To make it easier to locate information, I have included keyword tags in the item list so you can use Ctrl+F to search for specific things. All the tags are in the singular form.

Tags you can search for include all the elements (I did not include the region names, only the element name), dragon breeds, rock types, specific beastclans (or just beastclan for all beastclan-related items), properties (ie. malleable, strong, weak).

Any item that has any kind of use has been tagged with use.

Myth refers to any kind of myth, legend, lore, or really anything that has a story to it; it does not only mean actual myths.

Shiny refers to any item that is shiny. Reflective is for items that actually reflect light, like mirrors or prisms. Glow is for items that emit their own light.

Other tags you can search for include: build, craft, jewelry, metalwork, art (includes all kinds of visual arts), writing, decoration, medicine, toxin, magic, divination, deity, supernatural, currency, weapon, armor, magnet, pigment, game, cave, water, animal, creation (anything about how it is formed), time
[size=6]Credits[/size] [b]Contributors:[/b] Salamanderpie [b]Dividers and images by:[/b] [url=http://lexreon.tumblr.com/post/123474911747/the-lil-horizontal-line-things-i-use-in-this-bio]Lexreon[/url], [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1895073]Mibella[/url], [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/adopt/1559930]BloodyAngel12[/url], [url=http://ammoth.tumblr.com/post/110092763801]Ammother[/url], [url=http://magdaneela.tumblr.com/post/130077553694]Magdaneela[/url], [url=http://searingjackalope.tumblr.com/post/140535033259/some-super-super-simple-dividers-in-flight-colors]Dohmalore[/url], [url=http://msb-lair.tumblr.com/post/145373377729/simpler-dividers]MsBarrows[/url], [url=http://houseteeth.tumblr.com/post/143338205479/simple-gradient-profile-dividers]houseteeth[/url] [center][img]http://66.media.tumblr.com/6b21a04e97a0bad69c989d56d5a35c8a/tumblr_inline_o65n7qy8uM1tp73kr_540.png[/img] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1939085/1]Items List[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1939085/1#post_21779761]History[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1939085/1#post_21779763]Regional[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1939085/1#post_21779765]Other[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1939085/1#post_21779766]Index[/url] [img]http://67.media.tumblr.com/d67710471949d842919dfe391e893dff/tumblr_o87uccJtxy1tddvg0o5_500.png[/img][/center]
Credits

Contributors: Salamanderpie

Dividers and images by: Lexreon, Mibella, BloodyAngel12, Ammother, Magdaneela, Dohmalore, MsBarrows, houseteeth

The first edition of the Sornieth Geology Encyclopedia is now complete!

I will hopefully eventually be going through and adding more RL geology facts where relevant.

Please feel free to comment and share any other information or theories you believe should be added.
The first edition of the Sornieth Geology Encyclopedia is now complete!

I will hopefully eventually be going through and adding more RL geology facts where relevant.

Please feel free to comment and share any other information or theories you believe should be added.
Pinging myself for future reference. Heck, this thing is neat. @firebirdSuite
Pinging myself for future reference. Heck, this thing is neat. @firebirdSuite
tumblr_oswio1jT2U1v8lm95o4_100.gif Lynn/Lyon | Earth
Pacific Standard Time
she/they/he
y3NW8md.gif
@qwigoqwaga

This is such a neat guide! I hope you don't mind me adding, but the Granite Chunk and Shale Sliver come from the coliseum. Granite Chunks are from Granite Thresher enemies and Shale Slivers are from Shale Thresher enemies. I hope this helps you fill out this awesome guide further!
@qwigoqwaga

This is such a neat guide! I hope you don't mind me adding, but the Granite Chunk and Shale Sliver come from the coliseum. Granite Chunks are from Granite Thresher enemies and Shale Slivers are from Shale Thresher enemies. I hope this helps you fill out this awesome guide further!