Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Theory: The father of the Icewarden.
1 2 3
Hey guys this is a rather small lore post but this is one that I have been meaning to write. Actualy this is going to be a Theory because its not outright said but it's just something very simple. So many times I hear people say "Flamecaller is the mother of /made icewarden" but I have NEVER heard anyone say "Earthshaker is the father of /made icewarden", and before I go into how he is the father we have to just lay down somethiings. Now, anyone who spends more or less than like 30 minnets in the Encyclopedia has odds are read this line and learned this fact that: Tidelord and Windsinger made Stormcatcher. [quote="Chapter 1: The First Age"]Water and Air warred firstly, stirring up roiling, violent storms. The cataclysmic energy created by their relentless attacks made the clouds themselves swell with anger. It was not long until the charged mass expelled a horrendous cascade of electric tempests, as well as a frustrated drake-shaped anomaly. Stunned by the event, the Tidelord and Windsinger abated, unaware of how to handle this new threat. [/quote] And what caused them to create Stormcatcher? [i]"The cataclysmic energy created by their relentless attacks"[/i] or in short [i]"The gods attacked a lot and generated a lot of their magic in one place"[/i] With this in mind I like to prepose that Icewarden was made the same way, with Flamecaller and Earthshaker's magic fussing together to make a new element. To understand where this is coming from we must look back their entry. I shall be highlighting areas if intress with [b]bold[/b] for emphasus and [u]underline[/u] for leading up to that emphasus [quote="Chapter 1: The First Age"]On the other side of the world, [u]Earth and Fire smashed the landscape to pieces[/u]. Each [u]broken mountain[/u] or fractured plain only [b]riled the Earthshaker into deeper rage[/b]. With [b]one[/b] great heave of his front [b]leg[/b], [u]the entire planet[/u] wobbled in its orbit, and to this day has [b]remained at an irregular tilt[/b]. [b]Emboldened[/b] by the sudden disorientation, the [u]Flamecaller beckoned several magma vents into existence[/u], shattering the crust and [u]spewing voluminous smoke[/u] billows into the [b]atmosphere[/b]. [u]This brash action blotted out the sun,[/u] plunging the [b]southern hemisphere[/b] into an impenetrable darkness, causing a chill that the world had never experienced. Unbeknownst to the [b]combatants[/b], an isolated island on the bottom of the world began to freeze over, frigid ice sheets expanding their size at a rapid pace.[/quote] The story paints it as a 1, 2 punch. [LIST=1] [*]Earthshaker tilted the planet [*]That made Flamecaller mad [*]Flamecaller brought up lava vents [*]Lava vents made smoke that blocked out the sun [*]the compounded action of planet tilt which allowed a pole to be in darkness for a Polar night which would allow chilling magic to generate and birth [/LIST] If you look at it with just this however this would seem that only reason why icewarden was made was because of flamecallers smoke. This is unlike what happend with stormcatcher where two magics where constently being smashed into one another. It feels like icewarden is an "after math" of flamecallers attack. What if I told you that Icewarden was made the exact same way as Stormcatcer. As in: Fusion of two magic types made this god. Wind + Water = Lightning Fire + Earth = Ice. Wind and Water makessence on paper. Wind and water makes clouds and clouds generate lightning and there for storms. Well, how do you get Ice from Earth, and Fire? Fire, we already went over this. Fire cause smog / smoke What is generaly in that smoke? [quote="Wikipida"] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volcanic_gas The principal components of volcanic gases are water vapor (H2O), carbon dioxide (CO2), sulfur either as sulfur dioxide (SO2) (high-temperature volcanic gases) or hydrogen sulfide (H2S) (low-temperature volcanic gases), nitrogen, argon, helium, neon, methane, carbon monoxide and hydrogen. Other compounds detected in volcanic gases are oxygen (meteoric), hydrogen chloride, hydrogen fluoride, hydrogen bromide, nitrogen oxide (NOx), sulfur hexafluoride, carbonyl sulfide, and organic compounds. Exotic trace compounds include mercury, halocarbons (including CFCs), and halogen oxide radicals.[/quote] More so let's focuse on C02 and S02 or just any of those elemental compounds you see on there. Lets for now focuse on C02. C02 is found in a [b]lot[/b] of minierals as well as odds are many of these other compounds found within these lists. Earthshaker we can assume can control minerals What are minerals? [quote="Goggle"] a solid inorganic substance of natural occurrence. a substance obtained by mining. an inorganic substance needed by the human body for good health. adjective adjective: mineral 1. of or denoting a mineral. "mineral ingredients such as zinc oxide"[/quote] so yeah "rocks", we get that. No one else can announce that Earthshaker cant control minerals. It'd be crazy if you said he couldn't control minerals. … but do you know what else is a mineral? [b]Ice[/b] [quote="This place but also my collage professor"] http://www.minsocam.org/MSA/collectors_corner/faq/faqmingen.htm ice; which is solid, is classified as a mineral as long as it is naturally occurring. Thus ice in a snow bank is a mineral, but ice in an ice cube from a refrigerator is not[/quote] note [b]naturally occurring[/b]. [img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/433a8d79354f555d2d362416f2d22243/tumblr_nc0wi1Bw9Q1swuy3to1_r1_500.png[/img] This is also supported by the weakness cycle and why Ice magic is neutral damage to Earth magic when in other games like say Pokemon where Ice > Earth. Because they're one of the same. [size=7]So to sum up,[/size] The snow that was generated from the smog that came from Flamecaller's magically infused vents where already existing things that Earthshaker could control through his magic. [quote="First Age"] "Our home should be turned inside-out, and lava should churn violently across its surface. Through me, it could rival the Sun itself in brightness and energy," spoke the Flamecaller. [/quote] Flamecaller wanted to turn the planet into a burning ball of flame. [quote="First Age"] Each broken mountain or fractured plain only riled the Earthshaker into deeper rage[/quote] So what do you do when your main method of attacking is not working at keeping your foe at bay? [quote="First Age"] With one great heave of his front leg, the entire planet wobbled in its orbit, and to this day has remained at an irregular tilt.[/quote] You try a different strategy [quote="First Age"] Emboldened by the sudden disorientation, the Flamecaller beckoned several magma vents into existence, shattering the crust and spewing voluminous smoke billows into the atmosphere.[/quote] …and knowing how they would react to a certain type of situation… [quote="First Age"] [b][i][u]This brash action[/u][/i][/b] blotted out the sun, plunging the southern hemisphere into an impenetrable darkness [/quote] …You [b][i][u]bait your foe[/u][/i][/b] to do something that they didn't want to do, just like how you put a worm on a hook to bait a fish… [quote="First age"] , causing a chill that the world had never experienced.[/quote] …and push beyond what you thought was capable, by using your powers to the fullest extent and capabilities (Ie, controling a new mineral type you odds are never seen before or rarely saw which would be Ice), to then force your foe in an unfavorable situation so that you can have the upper hand. [quote="First age"] Unbeknownst to the combatants, an isolated island on the bottom of the world began to freeze over, frigid ice sheets expanding their size at a rapid pace. [/quote] And just like how Stormcatcher was brought to life, Icewarden was a complete accident. One last purely flavor note of Icewarden and Earthshaker's conections. [quote="Epilogue: Flight Rising] The morning heat had begun to wear on the Icewarden, but he could not depart without saying something. The Earthshaker looked pathetic. “This is the way of it. We were resolute enough to keep this world from destroying itself, but now we have another charge. It is evident that we will never hold off the residual darkness together, so we must do so apart. It is time to separate.” His words withered the mountain drake, he could tell, but with a grim nod, he took his leave.[/quote] Icewarden was one of the few dragons that talked to Eartshaker on departure. And for the record he was the only one whom SPOKE to him directly. And if you go to the world map and look up a little blurb on how each god views their children…you will see that: [Quote="World Map"] Dragonhome [indent]The rocky northern highlands, guarded by the Earthshaker and his subjects. [/indent] The Southern Icefield [indent]The cloistered southern tundra, guarded by the Icewarden and his subjects.[/indent] [/quote] They both view them the same way. By itself, that's not heavy evidence to say that Earthshaker made icewarden the same way Windsinger and Tidelord made Stormcatcher. But when you bring in the science…it only helps out more I'd say. [center] [img]http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/783/443/d1b.gif[/img][/center] [center] Want more Theories and Headcannons? Check out these links! [size=1] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2256073/1] LoreTalk: First Age Battle Power Scale[/url] - [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2239281/1] Open letter :WindDad'sHeadSize[/url] - [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2243113]Theory: Murals of 1st age is/'nt real[/url] - [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2244037/1]Open Letter: To The Arcanist[/url] - [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2258357#post_2258357] Theory:In the image of..Gladekeeper[/url] - [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2274420/1#post_2274420] Open letter:Arcanist & the 4th Dimension[/url][/center] Lore buddy ping list: (add me as a friend and comment on my profile page to be added!) @ArtsyDragon7, @Kawootie, @Reiyn, @GlitterDCMarvel, @WhySoDelirious, @Jakekitty, @Amyatzu, @JadeMagic, @CrystalRush, @Leopardmask, @violalore, @bowserslave, @Ellapinky, @JumpScared, @JadeFlame, @Duskflame, @TheElfDruid,@Rinwood,@DiamondNoodles,@3idolon,@Kaibutsu,@DarkwingDove, @Shaydas, @ColoradoBlues ,@Drakion @ClockworkEclipse, @SleepyChipmunk @Sabriel415, @DarkVSO, @Cheshly, @WhiteDiamond ,@RingsofSaturn, @Dalison, @MagicSpyglass,@Rocwylde, @Artificiary,@ILUVDRAGONS, @throwaway181,@L2B,@Kittystar,@riseandshine, @luminousnoble, @Spottedleaves1,@Gaming4Lyfe @MiniDrachin @Katsuokai @AetherDragon @Kano3Shuuya @Caravan @EmeraldJubilee @TheEngineer @CrimsonAero
Hey guys this is a rather small lore post but this is one that I have been meaning to write.
Actualy this is going to be a Theory because its not outright said but it's just something very simple.
So many times I hear people say "Flamecaller is the mother of /made icewarden" but I have NEVER heard anyone say "Earthshaker is the father of /made icewarden", and before I go into how he is the father we have to just lay down somethiings.

Now, anyone who spends more or less than like 30 minnets in the Encyclopedia has odds are read this line and learned this fact that: Tidelord and Windsinger made Stormcatcher.
Chapter 1: The First Age wrote:
Water and Air warred firstly, stirring up roiling, violent storms. The cataclysmic energy created by their relentless attacks made the clouds themselves swell with anger. It was not long until the charged mass expelled a horrendous cascade of electric tempests, as well as a frustrated drake-shaped anomaly. Stunned by the event, the Tidelord and Windsinger abated, unaware of how to handle this new threat.

And what caused them to create Stormcatcher?
"The cataclysmic energy created by their relentless attacks"
or in short
"The gods attacked a lot and generated a lot of their magic in one place"

With this in mind I like to prepose that Icewarden was made the same way, with Flamecaller and Earthshaker's magic fussing together to make a new element.

To understand where this is coming from we must look back their entry.

I shall be highlighting areas if intress with bold for emphasus and underline for leading up to that emphasus
Chapter 1: The First Age wrote:
On the other side of the world, Earth and Fire smashed the landscape to pieces. Each broken mountain or fractured plain only riled the Earthshaker into deeper rage. With one great heave of his front leg, the entire planet wobbled in its orbit, and to this day has remained at an irregular tilt. Emboldened by the sudden disorientation, the Flamecaller beckoned several magma vents into existence, shattering the crust and spewing voluminous smoke billows into the atmosphere. This brash action blotted out the sun, plunging the southern hemisphere into an impenetrable darkness, causing a chill that the world had never experienced. Unbeknownst to the combatants, an isolated island on the bottom of the world began to freeze over, frigid ice sheets expanding their size at a rapid pace.

The story paints it as a 1, 2 punch.
  1. Earthshaker tilted the planet
  2. That made Flamecaller mad
  3. Flamecaller brought up lava vents
  4. Lava vents made smoke that blocked out the sun
  5. the compounded action of planet tilt which allowed a pole to be in darkness for a Polar night which would allow chilling magic to generate and birth

If you look at it with just this however this would seem that only reason why icewarden was made was because of flamecallers smoke. This is unlike what happend with stormcatcher where two magics where constently being smashed into one another. It feels like icewarden is an "after math" of flamecallers attack.

What if I told you that Icewarden was made the exact same way as Stormcatcer.
As in: Fusion of two magic types made this god.

Wind + Water = Lightning
Fire + Earth = Ice.

Wind and Water makessence on paper. Wind and water makes clouds and clouds generate lightning and there for storms.
Well, how do you get Ice from Earth, and Fire?

Fire, we already went over this. Fire cause smog / smoke
What is generaly in that smoke?
Wikipida wrote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volcanic_gas

The principal components of volcanic gases are water vapor (H2O), carbon dioxide (CO2), sulfur either as sulfur dioxide (SO2) (high-temperature volcanic gases) or hydrogen sulfide (H2S) (low-temperature volcanic gases), nitrogen, argon, helium, neon, methane, carbon monoxide and hydrogen. Other compounds detected in volcanic gases are oxygen (meteoric), hydrogen chloride, hydrogen fluoride, hydrogen bromide, nitrogen oxide (NOx), sulfur hexafluoride, carbonyl sulfide, and organic compounds. Exotic trace compounds include mercury, halocarbons (including CFCs), and halogen oxide radicals.

More so let's focuse on C02 and S02 or just any of those elemental compounds you see on there.
Lets for now focuse on C02.

C02 is found in a lot of minierals as well as odds are many of these other compounds found within these lists.

Earthshaker we can assume can control minerals

What are minerals?
Goggle wrote:
a solid inorganic substance of natural occurrence.
a substance obtained by mining.
an inorganic substance needed by the human body for good health.

adjective
adjective: mineral
of or denoting a mineral.
"mineral ingredients such as zinc oxide"

so yeah "rocks", we get that. No one else can announce that Earthshaker cant control minerals. It'd be crazy if you said he couldn't control minerals.

but do you know what else is a mineral?

Ice
This place but also my collage professor wrote:
http://www.minsocam.org/MSA/collectors_corner/faq/faqmingen.htm

ice; which is solid, is classified as a mineral as long as it is naturally occurring. Thus ice in a snow bank is a mineral, but ice in an ice cube from a refrigerator is not

note naturally occurring.

tumblr_nc0wi1Bw9Q1swuy3to1_r1_500.png

This is also supported by the weakness cycle and why Ice magic is neutral damage to Earth magic when in other games like say Pokemon where Ice > Earth.
Because they're one of the same.

So to sum up,
The snow that was generated from the smog that came from Flamecaller's magically infused vents where already existing things that Earthshaker could control through his magic.
First Age wrote:
"Our home should be turned inside-out, and lava should churn violently across its surface. Through me, it could rival the Sun itself in brightness and energy," spoke the Flamecaller.

Flamecaller wanted to turn the planet into a burning ball of flame.
First Age wrote:
Each broken mountain or fractured plain only riled the Earthshaker into deeper rage

So what do you do when your main method of attacking is not working at keeping your foe at bay?
First Age wrote:
With one great heave of his front leg, the entire planet wobbled in its orbit, and to this day has remained at an irregular tilt.

You try a different strategy
First Age wrote:
Emboldened by the sudden disorientation, the Flamecaller beckoned several magma vents into existence, shattering the crust and spewing voluminous smoke billows into the atmosphere.

…and knowing how they would react to a certain type of situation…
First Age wrote:
This brash action blotted out the sun, plunging the southern hemisphere into an impenetrable darkness

…You bait your foe to do something that they didn't want to do, just like how you put a worm on a hook to bait a fish…
First age wrote:
, causing a chill that the world had never experienced.

…and push beyond what you thought was capable, by using your powers to the fullest extent and capabilities (Ie, controling a new mineral type you odds are never seen before or rarely saw which would be Ice), to then force your foe in an unfavorable situation so that you can have the upper hand.
First age wrote:
Unbeknownst to the combatants, an isolated island on the bottom of the world began to freeze over, frigid ice sheets expanding their size at a rapid pace.

And just like how Stormcatcher was brought to life, Icewarden was a complete accident.

One last purely flavor note of Icewarden and Earthshaker's conections.
"Epilogue: wrote:
The morning heat had begun to wear on the Icewarden, but he could not depart without saying something. The Earthshaker looked pathetic. “This is the way of it. We were resolute enough to keep this world from destroying itself, but now we have another charge. It is evident that we will never hold off the residual darkness together, so we must do so apart. It is time to separate.”

His words withered the mountain drake, he could tell, but with a grim nod, he took his leave.

Icewarden was one of the few dragons that talked to Eartshaker on departure. And for the record he was the only one whom SPOKE to him directly.

And if you go to the world map and look up a little blurb on how each god views their children…you will see that:
World Map wrote:
Dragonhome
The rocky northern highlands, guarded by the Earthshaker and his subjects.

The Southern Icefield
The cloistered southern tundra, guarded by the Icewarden and his subjects.

They both view them the same way.
By itself, that's not heavy evidence to say that Earthshaker made icewarden the same way Windsinger and Tidelord made Stormcatcher.

But when you bring in the science…it only helps out more I'd say.
d1b.gif

Lore buddy ping list: (add me as a friend and comment on my profile page to be added!)
@ArtsyDragon7, @Kawootie, @Reiyn, @GlitterDCMarvel, @WhySoDelirious, @Jakekitty, @Amyatzu, @JadeMagic, @CrystalRush, @Leopardmask, @violalore, @bowserslave, @Ellapinky, @JumpScared, @JadeFlame, @Duskflame, @TheElfDruid,@Rinwood,@DiamondNoodles,@3idolon,@Kaibutsu,@DarkwingDove, @Shaydas, @ColoradoBlues ,@Drakion @ClockworkEclipse, @SleepyChipmunk @Sabriel415, @DarkVSO,
@Cheshly, @WhiteDiamond ,@RingsofSaturn, @Dalison, @MagicSpyglass,@Rocwylde, @Artificiary,@ILUVDRAGONS, @throwaway181,@L2B,@Kittystar,@riseandshine, @luminousnoble, @Spottedleaves1,@Gaming4Lyfe @MiniDrachin @Katsuokai @AetherDragon @Kano3Shuuya @Caravan @EmeraldJubilee @TheEngineer @CrimsonAero
ary22F6.gif5nBi9J2.gifOfF9Gci.gif
@catgame21234

heck, I appreciate this so much now
@catgame21234

heck, I appreciate this so much now
6Fwt9Qr.gifXXX

xxx
xxx

iuEBSJ3.png3YAN1tx.pngQRVupBA.png
yG0Lt9s.pngoK2VVlE.pngfT0qwQ5.png
xbsbPqT.pngbYt72YT.pngjQub7yI.png

Were you expecting a modicum of rust?
xxx
xxx
@Amyatzu
What do you mean?
@Amyatzu
What do you mean?
Awesome theory. You made a point I had never really thought about.
Awesome theory. You made a point I had never really thought about.
Please ping me when you reply to my
posts or I probably won't see it.
I don't really sub to my topics, so
Unless I specify, ping me
tumblr_nm1sm0uXkM1tfzajgo3_r1_75sq.gif tumblr_n4rnlnlsOx1sl6hkto5_250.gif
This is a very well researched and thought out theory! I like it a lot. However, from what you're saying, wouldn't that imply that Ice is merely a subtype of Earth? I n t e r e s t i n g .

*get ur scientist face on*

Also, what does "makessence" mean? Sorry, Google is dead for me right now so I can't look it up. :(
This is a very well researched and thought out theory! I like it a lot. However, from what you're saying, wouldn't that imply that Ice is merely a subtype of Earth? I n t e r e s t i n g .

*get ur scientist face on*

Also, what does "makessence" mean? Sorry, Google is dead for me right now so I can't look it up. :(
- order
@catgame21234

ike I appreciate the fight so much more, It's not just a blurb.
@catgame21234

ike I appreciate the fight so much more, It's not just a blurb.
6Fwt9Qr.gifXXX

xxx
xxx

iuEBSJ3.png3YAN1tx.pngQRVupBA.png
yG0Lt9s.pngoK2VVlE.pngfT0qwQ5.png
xbsbPqT.pngbYt72YT.pngjQub7yI.png

Were you expecting a modicum of rust?
xxx
xxx
I love the amount of detail and time spent in this! Honestly I've been convinced.
I love the amount of detail and time spent in this! Honestly I've been convinced.
x0dMTPw.png
@MrFrenchFrybrows makessence = makes sence spaceing messes up on me also earth controls minerals, which ice is tenticaly a mineral but only the naturaly causing one. So to exsplain in a simpler more fun image. Earthshaker can do this existing snow on a moutan [img]https://i0.wp.com/25.media.tumblr.com/10db2e6b34aea142a667b50215aaf353/tumblr_mxl9740kCb1sf3p3vo1_500.gif[/img] [img]http://i.imgur.com/wseFIte.gif[/img] and can only make a snow man because snow is natural. Wile icewarden with his ice magic [img]https://i.pinimg.com/originals/24/24/93/2424934e7e335a5ac43b209c46357497.jpg[/img] [img]https://68.media.tumblr.com/0918d083bedf85ad202f69fa7726119d/tumblr_nldp5tOcso1siovhlo1_400.gif[/img] [img]http://31.media.tumblr.com/971698910dd020580b61a2ae19707696/tumblr_mxpm5rhbje1qbvc3po6_500.gif[/img] [img]https://68.media.tumblr.com/2c0f3532ca84b737cb6d4f69d5cd105a/tumblr_inline_nri41duIMK1rdx6cq_500.gif[/img] [img]https://68.media.tumblr.com/714fe0d04ddcf2d1d19ad21bd8796255/tumblr_oahcpv2Ege1u00be2o1_400.gif[/img] [img]https://i.pinimg.com/originals/a8/e1/bb/a8e1bbb88f97ab4fe2ed678640b77917.gif[/img] [img]https://i.pinimg.com/originals/20/6c/9e/206c9ecbc3e01ef749fcd3e7e7190943.gif[/img] and more. To say that it's a "sub" of earth magic is not fully right. But parts of "ice" magic can be controled by earth. @Ivythorn I think i think too much @Amyatzu which flight and whats "it's" in "it's not a blurb" sorry i just like understanding @ScarredLightning you should check out the other theories at the bottom of the posts if you like this one =D the conversations are always open
@MrFrenchFrybrows
makessence = makes sence
spaceing messes up on me

also earth controls minerals, which ice is tenticaly a mineral but only the naturaly causing one.

So to exsplain in a simpler more fun image.

Earthshaker can do this existing snow on a moutan
tumblr_mxl9740kCb1sf3p3vo1_500.gif
wseFIte.gif
and can only make a snow man
because snow is natural.

Wile icewarden with his ice magic
2424934e7e335a5ac43b209c46357497.jpg
tumblr_nldp5tOcso1siovhlo1_400.gif
tumblr_mxpm5rhbje1qbvc3po6_500.gif
tumblr_inline_nri41duIMK1rdx6cq_500.gif
tumblr_oahcpv2Ege1u00be2o1_400.gif
a8e1bbb88f97ab4fe2ed678640b77917.gif
206c9ecbc3e01ef749fcd3e7e7190943.gif

and more.

To say that it's a "sub" of earth magic is not fully right. But parts of "ice" magic can be controled by earth.

@Ivythorn
I think i think too much

@Amyatzu
which flight
and whats "it's" in "it's not a blurb"
sorry i just like understanding

@ScarredLightning
you should check out the other theories at the bottom of the posts if you like this one =D the conversations are always open
@catgame2123

I had a wholly separate thought. Looking at that elemental weakness circle... Water seems to be strong or extra strong against all of the other original elements. How did the Tidelord not just whoop everyones' butts into oblivion?

Crazy awesome theory, though. You're always whipping out the best stuff, ya kook!
@catgame2123

I had a wholly separate thought. Looking at that elemental weakness circle... Water seems to be strong or extra strong against all of the other original elements. How did the Tidelord not just whoop everyones' butts into oblivion?

Crazy awesome theory, though. You're always whipping out the best stuff, ya kook!
I need a new signature.
@luminousnoble
thats a theory into itself that i will write about later
and it hast to do with his future vision.
@luminousnoble
thats a theory into itself that i will write about later
and it hast to do with his future vision.
1 2 3