Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Development Update: Coliseum
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 43 44
Wiah, this is soo interesting! Thank you for the update on the cool!! <33
Wiah, this is soo interesting! Thank you for the update on the cool!! <33
35326_s.gif
This looks really great!!! I love the naming feature, that's a really good idea. I'm super excited to try the beta when it's ready. Kudos to the engineering team on such a huge undertaking, you guys are doing awesome!
This looks really great!!! I love the naming feature, that's a really good idea. I'm super excited to try the beta when it's ready. Kudos to the engineering team on such a huge undertaking, you guys are doing awesome!
cb97ddd4-47eb-11e7-9a25-11207adb8873.gifd87f0b78-4802-11e7-8bb6-b56db8b8415b.gifd217fd0c-4803-11e7-9ac3-b56db8b8415b.gifd87f0b78-4802-11e7-8bb6-b56db8b8415b.gif31b4737d-47f9-11e7-a649-11207adb8873.gifd87f0b78-4802-11e7-8bb6-b56db8b8415b.gifb010ed63-4802-11e7-86f0-b56db8b8415b.gifd87f0b78-4802-11e7-8bb6-b56db8b8415b.gif5807c18f-480e-11e7-9dd4-b56db8b8415b.gifd87f0b78-4802-11e7-8bb6-b56db8b8415b.gifb010ed63-4802-11e7-86f0-b56db8b8415b.gifd87f0b78-4802-11e7-8bb6-b56db8b8415b.gifbd02d84f-4804-11e7-83b1-b56db8b8415b.gifd87f0b78-4802-11e7-8bb6-b56db8b8415b.gifd217fd0c-4803-11e7-9ac3-b56db8b8415b.gifd87f0b78-4802-11e7-8bb6-b56db8b8415b.gifd3ff9d7a-47eb-11e7-a31f-11207adb8873.gif
she/her, panrom ace
[quote]Not a lot is changing functionally on this page [Abilities & Stats], but you'll notice that we've added a Clear button in addition to the Lock Stones button. Again, just trying to add little conveniences wherever possible.[/quote] @xhaztol But [i]could[/i] more change on that page? Like the ability, perhaps, to rearrange a dragon's stones? P L E A S E ? [img]https://media.giphy.com/media/l2R032V7qRAF8J6qA/giphy.gif[/img]
Quote:
Not a lot is changing functionally on this page [Abilities & Stats], but you'll notice that we've added a Clear button in addition to the Lock Stones button. Again, just trying to add little conveniences wherever possible.
@xhaztol
But could more change on that page? Like the ability, perhaps, to rearrange a dragon's stones? P L E A S E ?

giphy.gif
TsVIhAZ.png All I wanna do is 5XIH4zd.png 5XIH4zd.png 5XIH4zd.png 5XIH4zd.png
And 2ZVsoOM.png icon_treasure.png icon_gems.png
And take yo money
[quote name="Rexcaliburr" date=2017-10-04 20:57:00] Having this sort of stuff more often for other in-progress things (looking at you, Adventure Mode) will definitely give us hope that you guys haven't given up. [/quote]this. even if there's not much to share, little tidbits and reassurance that things are indeed happening is pretty great. more of this in the future i hope.
Rexcaliburr wrote on 2017-10-04:
Having this sort of stuff more often for other in-progress things (looking at you, Adventure Mode) will definitely give us hope that you guys haven't given up.
this.

even if there's not much to share, little tidbits and reassurance that things are indeed happening is pretty great. more of this in the future i hope.
qLQeTFk.gif
xxxxx
ARAxlYW.png
oxDm2Un.png
FObX7rS.png
nWiQNX9.png
mlHpBMC.png
NQ1Ze0S.png
xxxxx 9121892.png
Thank you. This sort of update is something players have been craving for a very long time: not a bunch of super specific things, but some transparency. Letting us know things are on track, or set back. Communicating with us. It's very appreciated and I hope more of this sort of thing will happen! :)

As far as the sneak peeks go though, looks great! A question about having all dragons listed, though: will there be a search feature, or way to sort them? I imagine some people will suddenly have much longer lists, and foresee it being difficult to find dragons as easily.
Thank you. This sort of update is something players have been craving for a very long time: not a bunch of super specific things, but some transparency. Letting us know things are on track, or set back. Communicating with us. It's very appreciated and I hope more of this sort of thing will happen! :)

As far as the sneak peeks go though, looks great! A question about having all dragons listed, though: will there be a search feature, or way to sort them? I imagine some people will suddenly have much longer lists, and foresee it being difficult to find dragons as easily.
Catfeather Loop fbwG7W5.png

please see shop front for specific pinglists
Looking good! :D All I ask is that we be able to toggle between sorting our dragons by age and lair order in the Organize Party window. I would *love* that.
Looking good! :D All I ask is that we be able to toggle between sorting our dragons by age and lair order in the Organize Party window. I would *love* that.
24g3RZs.png_________f6tJHhG.png9mNFxmr.pngik9FTzc.pngUeE49wQ.png_________24g3RZs.png
@Xhaztol Can we please have an option to hide dragons from the organize party list? It's already very difficult to sort through, and adding more dragons to the list is only going to make that harder. Would be nice to have something like a button on each dragon to hide it, and then a button to "show all hidden dragons"
@Xhaztol Can we please have an option to hide dragons from the organize party list? It's already very difficult to sort through, and adding more dragons to the list is only going to make that harder. Would be nice to have something like a button on each dragon to hide it, and then a button to "show all hidden dragons"
HrA24rI.gif

Too0zRW.png LvA2_zpsgvsbdrwt.png6F4oPwH.png iKp7sJ4.gif
Glad to hear things are progressing nicely! This bit concerns me, though: [quote]So, we've made some modifications to the menu UI to bring it more in line with the style we use across the site now, but one of the first significant things that you'll notice is that there are a lot more dragons in your Organize Party list. Namely, [i]all of them[/i].[/quote] If this update doesn't come with the ability to somehow filter dragons from appearing in the coliseum, then this is going to be pretty frustrating. I usually have approximately 90 dragons at any given time to worry about scrolling through in the coliseum, and I can only imagine how irritating it will be for people with double that number or more. Seems like it would be easier to simply include a disclaimer onscreen for what makes a dragon eligible? ("Dragons must be named, fed, and adults in order to be placed in a coliseum team" or something to that effect.) Though having the ability to name dragons from the Coliseum will be pretty nice, too. So, I guess, having the coliseum sort by level instead of age (which may or may not be the case... there isn't enough information in the picture to tell) would be nice enough if there is no other option. Anyway, aside from that little thing, this looks great! Good update ~ Good work!
Glad to hear things are progressing nicely!

This bit concerns me, though:
Quote:
So, we've made some modifications to the menu UI to bring it more in line with the style we use across the site now, but one of the first significant things that you'll notice is that there are a lot more dragons in your Organize Party list. Namely, all of them.

If this update doesn't come with the ability to somehow filter dragons from appearing in the coliseum, then this is going to be pretty frustrating. I usually have approximately 90 dragons at any given time to worry about scrolling through in the coliseum, and I can only imagine how irritating it will be for people with double that number or more. Seems like it would be easier to simply include a disclaimer onscreen for what makes a dragon eligible? ("Dragons must be named, fed, and adults in order to be placed in a coliseum team" or something to that effect.)

Though having the ability to name dragons from the Coliseum will be pretty nice, too. So, I guess, having the coliseum sort by level instead of age (which may or may not be the case... there isn't enough information in the picture to tell) would be nice enough if there is no other option.

Anyway, aside from that little thing, this looks great! Good update ~ Good work!
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
Don't get me wrong, I am excited for this (and having an update on it is awesome), but... will there be a way to prevent a dragon from showing up in the coliseum list? perhaps a toggle on the dragons page or a little tickbox next to the dragon in the organize party section (auto-refresh the page and the dragon is grayed out or something similar)? this would be easier for those with bad connections or a ton of dragons.
Don't get me wrong, I am excited for this (and having an update on it is awesome), but... will there be a way to prevent a dragon from showing up in the coliseum list? perhaps a toggle on the dragons page or a little tickbox next to the dragon in the organize party section (auto-refresh the page and the dragon is grayed out or something similar)? this would be easier for those with bad connections or a ton of dragons.
giphy.gifmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
[quote name="Deluxe" date=2017-10-04 21:01:15] [quote]Not a lot is changing functionally on this page [Abilities & Stats], but you'll notice that we've added a Clear button in addition to the Lock Stones button. Again, just trying to add little conveniences wherever possible.[/quote] @xhaztol But [i]could[/i] more change on that page? Like the ability, perhaps, to rearrange a dragon's stones? P L E A S E ? [img]https://media.giphy.com/media/l2R032V7qRAF8J6qA/giphy.gif[/img] [/quote] A hard second from me on this. PLEASE let us rearrange stones that are already on the dragon! It doesn't make any difference in the long run but I would be so much happier being able to slap an Eliminate on a new Mire Flyer knowing I can move it in front of or behind stones I add before or after the Eliminate. Spending 400k to not like where the stone is on the menu is a bummer.
Deluxe wrote on 2017-10-04:
Quote:
Not a lot is changing functionally on this page [Abilities & Stats], but you'll notice that we've added a Clear button in addition to the Lock Stones button. Again, just trying to add little conveniences wherever possible.
@xhaztol
But could more change on that page? Like the ability, perhaps, to rearrange a dragon's stones? P L E A S E ?

giphy.gif

A hard second from me on this. PLEASE let us rearrange stones that are already on the dragon! It doesn't make any difference in the long run but I would be so much happier being able to slap an Eliminate on a new Mire Flyer knowing I can move it in front of or behind stones I add before or after the Eliminate. Spending 400k to not like where the stone is on the menu is a bummer.
trans 8upyv5b.png
fSLriXt.png
Jace | He/Him | 23 | FR+1
unknown.png
DyNrws8.png
zFqmlqZ.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 43 44