Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lore Whining Days v2 [Thread Closed]
1 2 ... 99 100 101 102 103 ... 280 281
[quote name="@Archaeoraptor" date="2018-03-14 11:34:27" ]Although I was inspired to give my dragons surnames, because the canon ones are ridiculously on-the-nose and beckon my warrior-cat-loving days.[/quote] [s]HONESTLY SAME[/s] [quote name="Archaeoraptor" date="2018-03-14 11:34:27" ]By the way, question for anyone reading this thread: overall, how would you describe the tone of your lore? Serious and dramatic? Lighthearted and silly? Somewhere in between?[/quote] Prrrrrrobably... somewhere in between, I think? Despite my quirky setting where a lot of bad things COULD [s]and will[/s] happen, there's also a lot of room for lighter stuff and random magical shenanigans (such as, say, raining turkeys, or turning people into anteaters, or arbitrary de-aging, or something similarly nonsensical). I tend to take the process of writing the lore seriously - I'm not good at doing memery, ahah - but the tone and content is fairly across the board with a slight lean toward dark/dramatic, I'd say. Though granted I haven't actually gotten too deep with the stuff currently in my dragons' bios and there's a lot that's still being left out, so it may actually go quite a bit darker. |D
@Archaeoraptor wrote on 2018-03-14 11:34:27:
Although I was inspired to give my dragons surnames, because the canon ones are ridiculously on-the-nose and beckon my warrior-cat-loving days.
HONESTLY SAME
Archaeoraptor wrote on 2018-03-14 11:34:27:
By the way, question for anyone reading this thread: overall, how would you describe the tone of your lore? Serious and dramatic? Lighthearted and silly? Somewhere in between?
Prrrrrrobably... somewhere in between, I think? Despite my quirky setting where a lot of bad things COULD and will happen, there's also a lot of room for lighter stuff and random magical shenanigans (such as, say, raining turkeys, or turning people into anteaters, or arbitrary de-aging, or something similarly nonsensical). I tend to take the process of writing the lore seriously - I'm not good at doing memery, ahah - but the tone and content is fairly across the board with a slight lean toward dark/dramatic, I'd say.

Though granted I haven't actually gotten too deep with the stuff currently in my dragons' bios and there's a lot that's still being left out, so it may actually go quite a bit darker. |D
yellow flag icon linking to After's Lair Directory
After
They/them

< Lair Directory
Sig Spotlight >
Coliseum banner showing After's avatar dragon, a steel blue and black Spiral.Coliseum banner showing a black and red Coatl.
Coliseum banner showing a Wildclaw with flames and a soot-covered face.Coliseum banner showing a black and beige Skydancer.
I think I might wait until tomorrow to do this week's Lore Whining and see if anybody reacts to whatever Lore Thing Light ends up having.

That or use the writing energy on a Shadow of the Colossus fic that's finally been unstuck again. We'll see!
I think I might wait until tomorrow to do this week's Lore Whining and see if anybody reacts to whatever Lore Thing Light ends up having.

That or use the writing energy on a Shadow of the Colossus fic that's finally been unstuck again. We'll see!
jtgoRWq.png
[s][/s]I always end up writing on days that end in 4 even though I'm constantly fogetting that this is, like, a thing, lmao. To make sure I stop forgetting about it, could I be added to the pinglist @After ? Since very little of my lore ever has to do with the site events and is pretty contained, I went ahead and wrote today for some dragons that desperately needed it. I added some surnames to quite a few of my dragons though, tried to keep them on-the-nose and kinda funny! The main lore I wrote today, though, went to these two! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29148874] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/291489/29148874_350.png[/img] [/url] Almanac, whose needed his desperately for some time now. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=36326868] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/363269/36326868_350.png[/img] [/url] And here we have... Clara! Whose lore means I should probably look into buying at least three more dragons, orz [i][s]Maybe I'll do that and write for them instead of all the other dragons I currently own who need lore, lmao[/s][/i]
I always end up writing on days that end in 4 even though I'm constantly fogetting that this is, like, a thing, lmao. To make sure I stop forgetting about it, could I be added to the pinglist @After ?

Since very little of my lore ever has to do with the site events and is pretty contained, I went ahead and wrote today for some dragons that desperately needed it. I added some surnames to quite a few of my dragons though, tried to keep them on-the-nose and kinda funny!

The main lore I wrote today, though, went to these two!

29148874_350.png

Almanac, whose needed his desperately for some time now.

36326868_350.png

And here we have... Clara! Whose lore means I should probably look into buying at least three more dragons, orz
Maybe I'll do that and write for them instead of all the other dragons I currently own who need lore, lmao
Rhubarb | She/her | FR-3
light_small.png
@nickadee - Added! ovo [quote name="nickadee" date="2018-03-14 15:00:24" ]Maybe I'll do that and write for them instead of all the other dragons I currently own who need lore, lmao[/quote] Did you mean: me every single time I buy a dragon :'D Also [i]wow[/i], Clara's lore!!! I mean both are good - Almanac's makes me wonder if he has anything shady buried in his forgotten past - but [i]dang[/i]. "It was a place she could have Vincent." GOOD ENDING LINE OMG. Nice job on getting these done! :D
@nickadee - Added! ovo
nickadee wrote on 2018-03-14 15:00:24:
Maybe I'll do that and write for them instead of all the other dragons I currently own who need lore, lmao
Did you mean: me every single time I buy a dragon :'D

Also wow, Clara's lore!!! I mean both are good - Almanac's makes me wonder if he has anything shady buried in his forgotten past - but dang. "It was a place she could have Vincent." GOOD ENDING LINE OMG. Nice job on getting these done! :D
After
They/them

< Lair Directory
Sig Spotlight >
Coliseum banner showing After's avatar dragon, a steel blue and black Spiral.Coliseum banner showing a black and red Coatl.
Coliseum banner showing a Wildclaw with flames and a soot-covered face.Coliseum banner showing a black and beige Skydancer.
@After THANK YOU SO MUCH!! Hers is definitely my favourite of the two, lol. I'm so glad you enjoyed it!
@After THANK YOU SO MUCH!! Hers is definitely my favourite of the two, lol. I'm so glad you enjoyed it!
Rhubarb | She/her | FR-3
light_small.png
Today I didn't have the chance to sit down and write until evening, and then I kinda didn't feel great (not sick, just... didn't feel like doing stuff? And didn't really have any inspiration for anyone). So instead of trying to figure out which of my almost-60 unfinished bios to finish, I went through all of them and fixed up any inconsistencies, deleted any outdated info (e.g. references to dragons who are no longer part of the clan, or references to the clan moving, which is a thing I was doing but want to get away from), and added item icons when I thought of them. Then I got to Eikosi, and... wrote his bio. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=27400338] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/274004/27400338_350.png[/img] [/url] (The story below the item row, I wrote practically before Eikosi was hatched. But the item row and everything above it was done tonight.) Whaddaya know. Magic happens.
Today I didn't have the chance to sit down and write until evening, and then I kinda didn't feel great (not sick, just... didn't feel like doing stuff? And didn't really have any inspiration for anyone). So instead of trying to figure out which of my almost-60 unfinished bios to finish, I went through all of them and fixed up any inconsistencies, deleted any outdated info (e.g. references to dragons who are no longer part of the clan, or references to the clan moving, which is a thing I was doing but want to get away from), and added item icons when I thought of them.
Then I got to Eikosi, and... wrote his bio.

27400338_350.png

(The story below the item row, I wrote practically before Eikosi was hatched. But the item row and everything above it was done tonight.)
Whaddaya know. Magic happens.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
I wrote some lore today! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31734304] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/317344/31734304_350.png[/img] [/url] this plague/nature Pirate-Druid finally got her bio fixed up! (her history is kinda sad, fair warning)
I wrote some lore today!

31734304_350.png

this plague/nature Pirate-Druid finally got her bio fixed up!

(her history is kinda sad, fair warning)
5VAXjaj.pngFFpBIKI.pngjKoaviz.png
I managed to write an entire bio today: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38810081] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/388101/38810081_350.png[/img] [/url] I'm not sure how I feel about it tbh, but I've gotta work on just finishing things and letting them go, so whatever! It's done!! This is Marjoram, she's aggressively enthusiastic about food and I love her.
I managed to write an entire bio today:

38810081_350.png

I'm not sure how I feel about it tbh, but I've gotta work on just finishing things and letting them go, so whatever! It's done!! This is Marjoram, she's aggressively enthusiastic about food and I love her.
C5V5o0z.png

Hello hello! Wind's festival (and presumably the last updated exalt pillar) is just around the corner, but of course, so is something else. As such, this is your reminder ping - tomorrow, March 24th, is a Lore Whining Day!

Given the recent deity shenanigans thread stickied here in FRD, hopefully we'll get more info soon on what the heck is going on. Tidepop where are youuuuu. :( The lorebooks, the ominous deity posts... Dang. I'm still wow-ed over it, haha. Whether or not staff plans to directly continue with the BotE storylines specifically, I really really hope that these are a positive sign of this sort of thing happening more frequently in the future! The site revamp is steadily inching toward completion after all, and with the new Coliseum finally out and registration finally fully open, hopefully that means the team is a bit more free to fiddle with new new content. (So let's all work on doing the same for our lore, yeah? Let's get those bios and stories done and keep on moving! ovo)

Personal goal for the day: put down some lore for my new Name-Eater derg (a supernatural way to explain any Unnameds in offspring lists ahaha) and also do a bunch of math for class, oops. If I have time, I also want to see about working on a new signature since I've had this one for ages and it's really boring lmao. The new one's planned to be half multi-link, half rotating image that shows off some of my favorite dragons. Because why not. >u> And maybe I can even start setting up my own clan lore thread because I've been putting that thing off for an age and a half and I'm finally close to being able to go for it! So that's exciting.

As usual, quick reminders: resources and suggestions, linked in the mini-header at the top of this post. Take a look if you need some inspiration or some help working through the day!

Good luck, everyone! ovo)b
@Quis @Valoria @muxh @Rimfaxe @Alicio @Villainous @KitKatJo @AristosAchaion34 @TheFeatherMage @Tiarana @Charbee @ixris @Pyrolusite @Mathilda @Hinumi @Eaglefairy @Leopardmask @Orbitz @sh33pskin @LuckyTheSylveon @Charias @CptnCatastrophic @Blackiebelle @ShiraCheshire @NightVale @NicoleEirin @Deramadus @Evermagical @RainyJackalope @seraphemme @Firefeather @lightningtyto @TangeloJack @elfmoss @Delamire @Pard @luckgandor @Incalyscent @CheetahCat @clarax @Nishiboys @Elaendorlien @toxipraline @Marmite @CrowsFlight @velvetpaws @Dessoestma @Emordnilap @ilimati @Actaeon @Pretzii @Iriexiris @TimelordSnowy @Alvis @Lluvia @SylphofPens @BraveLittleFish @Nazmiye @SariStar @Virtualhel @BookTravels @Pandacow @8by0 @Adriel @Crobbin @Aarca @StormBerserker @Vanquished @QuetzalQueen @demoliceros @Basilius @Sinfony @CatsAndMaths @Cashe @Averis @agateflame @Shadeyrain @Frysa @Shrine @Hydria @annadandelion @Kalistys @Nemora @Mypilot @SocialBookWorm @Karika @RingsofSaturn @AnacondaMiracle @vampaneze @Zizikiel @gardenvoir @IronPen @slp0001 @Starrlight @Einstakur @elsendor @DivineRight @minty @Faedora @MaraLaray @Vocalist @Firedawn @Miasmajesty @Shikoire @Jetfeather @auroshen @EverAutumn @casuallySleepy @Cronch @EmberEyes @ObsidianSpike @BarbaraFett @Xemriss @Alderwitch @BelladonnaBloom @TwoJay @Peachycupcake525 @LonelyBird @Kaitorubel @ThystLodagi @waywardCarousel @GhostlyJasper @SilverFoxDemon @MurEyeUh @anandapanda @Olkai @SparkyLurkdragon @RedlaSunShowers @KennyMcCormick @Melova @glitterdusted @Quinineer @PlusOneBiceps @Sirena @Twistedstripe @Ciinna @Lya @heartcrusher1 @Hanelli @hyung @Rutile @AbyssalKing @Windshear @Nerada @Cirrina @WelcomeToKell @sugarcube @Amut @Poiichy @SaintPepsi @Archaeoraptor @KurtCobain @Demesne @Kerriganne @avianmalware @Nightshades @Rocwylde @Sky93 @Killunia @OverTheWolf @Generation @GhostFlowers @Leun @NightRising @Rainbowlight @CR0 @Rexcaliburr @Geckoe @briestarr @GrinningWolf24 @LS299 @Ithika @Vulcanatus @DraigTeg @Petall @Talismarr @StormyDragon @IvyKirax @Cazrel @Cinderfire @VulpixSerpens @Astereae @MythNomer @Rowlets @Cay @DemonKid @nappez @BallisticBoffin @Kuusouka @Reiyn @SilvestrisDream @Reanimated @Hyacindy @Cybertron @Geminisun @Helbram @FoxyCipher @Kattata @MelanieScribbles @CassieRose @perifinite @ZenithNadir @logical @YuuNishinoya @Gusted @Parazonium @Redsand @lilastar @Gretthol @shiimada @Facieux @marknuuuttttt @nebulavery @Mustahsin @Superbia @septarianflare @Tauress @BlackSherruk @ChristineDaae @SnoringHyena @Copierthief @Stormster @LightHelco @Pufferheart @AthenaCorvus @PastCat @PhoenixMiko @ladylilitu @FireStarter007 @MythicalViper @Shleedelie @suncodex @mnkn10 @DragonWolfie @Hokayse @Biuret @StarlitFire @RicochetRomance @Octopodes @gloria956 @Lisylla @ViralN9 @nickadee

Hello hello! Wind's festival (and presumably the last updated exalt pillar) is just around the corner, but of course, so is something else. As such, this is your reminder ping - tomorrow, March 24th, is a Lore Whining Day!

Given the recent deity shenanigans thread stickied here in FRD, hopefully we'll get more info soon on what the heck is going on. Tidepop where are youuuuu. :( The lorebooks, the ominous deity posts... Dang. I'm still wow-ed over it, haha. Whether or not staff plans to directly continue with the BotE storylines specifically, I really really hope that these are a positive sign of this sort of thing happening more frequently in the future! The site revamp is steadily inching toward completion after all, and with the new Coliseum finally out and registration finally fully open, hopefully that means the team is a bit more free to fiddle with new new content. (So let's all work on doing the same for our lore, yeah? Let's get those bios and stories done and keep on moving! ovo)

Personal goal for the day: put down some lore for my new Name-Eater derg (a supernatural way to explain any Unnameds in offspring lists ahaha) and also do a bunch of math for class, oops. If I have time, I also want to see about working on a new signature since I've had this one for ages and it's really boring lmao. The new one's planned to be half multi-link, half rotating image that shows off some of my favorite dragons. Because why not. >u> And maybe I can even start setting up my own clan lore thread because I've been putting that thing off for an age and a half and I'm finally close to being able to go for it! So that's exciting.

As usual, quick reminders: resources and suggestions, linked in the mini-header at the top of this post. Take a look if you need some inspiration or some help working through the day!

Good luck, everyone! ovo)b
@Quis @Valoria @muxh @Rimfaxe @Alicio @Villainous @KitKatJo @AristosAchaion34 @TheFeatherMage @Tiarana @Charbee @ixris @Pyrolusite @Mathilda @Hinumi @Eaglefairy @Leopardmask @Orbitz @sh33pskin @LuckyTheSylveon @Charias @CptnCatastrophic @Blackiebelle @ShiraCheshire @NightVale @NicoleEirin @Deramadus @Evermagical @RainyJackalope @seraphemme @Firefeather @lightningtyto @TangeloJack @elfmoss @Delamire @Pard @luckgandor @Incalyscent @CheetahCat @clarax @Nishiboys @Elaendorlien @toxipraline @Marmite @CrowsFlight @velvetpaws @Dessoestma @Emordnilap @ilimati @Actaeon @Pretzii @Iriexiris @TimelordSnowy @Alvis @Lluvia @SylphofPens @BraveLittleFish @Nazmiye @SariStar @Virtualhel @BookTravels @Pandacow @8by0 @Adriel @Crobbin @Aarca @StormBerserker @Vanquished @QuetzalQueen @demoliceros @Basilius @Sinfony @CatsAndMaths @Cashe @Averis @agateflame @Shadeyrain @Frysa @Shrine @Hydria @annadandelion @Kalistys @Nemora @Mypilot @SocialBookWorm @Karika @RingsofSaturn @AnacondaMiracle @vampaneze @Zizikiel @gardenvoir @IronPen @slp0001 @Starrlight @Einstakur @elsendor @DivineRight @minty @Faedora @MaraLaray @Vocalist @Firedawn @Miasmajesty @Shikoire @Jetfeather @auroshen @EverAutumn @casuallySleepy @Cronch @EmberEyes @ObsidianSpike @BarbaraFett @Xemriss @Alderwitch @BelladonnaBloom @TwoJay @Peachycupcake525 @LonelyBird @Kaitorubel @ThystLodagi @waywardCarousel @GhostlyJasper @SilverFoxDemon @MurEyeUh @anandapanda @Olkai @SparkyLurkdragon @RedlaSunShowers @KennyMcCormick @Melova @glitterdusted @Quinineer @PlusOneBiceps @Sirena @Twistedstripe @Ciinna @Lya @heartcrusher1 @Hanelli @hyung @Rutile @AbyssalKing @Windshear @Nerada @Cirrina @WelcomeToKell @sugarcube @Amut @Poiichy @SaintPepsi @Archaeoraptor @KurtCobain @Demesne @Kerriganne @avianmalware @Nightshades @Rocwylde @Sky93 @Killunia @OverTheWolf @Generation @GhostFlowers @Leun @NightRising @Rainbowlight @CR0 @Rexcaliburr @Geckoe @briestarr @GrinningWolf24 @LS299 @Ithika @Vulcanatus @DraigTeg @Petall @Talismarr @StormyDragon @IvyKirax @Cazrel @Cinderfire @VulpixSerpens @Astereae @MythNomer @Rowlets @Cay @DemonKid @nappez @BallisticBoffin @Kuusouka @Reiyn @SilvestrisDream @Reanimated @Hyacindy @Cybertron @Geminisun @Helbram @FoxyCipher @Kattata @MelanieScribbles @CassieRose @perifinite @ZenithNadir @logical @YuuNishinoya @Gusted @Parazonium @Redsand @lilastar @Gretthol @shiimada @Facieux @marknuuuttttt @nebulavery @Mustahsin @Superbia @septarianflare @Tauress @BlackSherruk @ChristineDaae @SnoringHyena @Copierthief @Stormster @LightHelco @Pufferheart @AthenaCorvus @PastCat @PhoenixMiko @ladylilitu @FireStarter007 @MythicalViper @Shleedelie @suncodex @mnkn10 @DragonWolfie @Hokayse @Biuret @StarlitFire @RicochetRomance @Octopodes @gloria956 @Lisylla @ViralN9 @nickadee
After
They/them

< Lair Directory
Sig Spotlight >
I'm probably gonna work on some lore for my lunar eclipse / blood moon / super moon / blue moon child [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39165708] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/391658/39165708_350.png[/img] [/url] I've been meaning to write her lore for ages, but I've procrastinated it lol. I also need to rewrite all of my main lore at some point soon, because after quitting FR for a week or two and coming back, I realize my lore just doesn't fit what I wanted it to do. Plus I sucked at writing back then lol
I'm probably gonna work on some lore for my lunar eclipse / blood moon / super moon / blue moon child

39165708_350.png

I've been meaning to write her lore for ages, but I've procrastinated it lol.

I also need to rewrite all of my main lore at some point soon, because after quitting FR for a week or two and coming back, I realize my lore just doesn't fit what I wanted it to do. Plus I sucked at writing back then lol
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
1 2 ... 99 100 101 102 103 ... 280 281