Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Weekly Q&A [Closed]
1 2 ... 303 304 305 306 307 ... 753 754
How does Faes use their expressive crest? Birds push their feathers tightly to their bodies when they're angry or scared or anxious and leave them fluffy when they're happy and content, does Faes push their Crests together the same way?
How does Faes use their expressive crest? Birds push their feathers tightly to their bodies when they're angry or scared or anxious and leave them fluffy when they're happy and content, does Faes push their Crests together the same way?
[quote]Dragon breeds come with set coliseum abilities: either scratch and shred, or meditate and contuse. Those battle stones can be changed, so this seems to imply that I could make my Guardian a mage, and my Skydancer a front-line warrior. Is this a breed-wide preference, or is it a breed-wide set guideline? I.e. Do certain breeds, Guardians for example, have a harder time learning magic than magic oriented breeds, and vice versa for mage breeds?[/quote] All breeds have the capacity to learn both magical and melee abilities, though the individual dragon will need to make the decision in how they train. Some breeds are naturally inclined to gravitate towards a certain ability style so their population's skillset is skewed. In terms of gameplay, we wanted to spread out the starting abilities. [br][br][quote]Why is it, even though two breeds are the same rarity, their availability differ? What I mean is, Imperial's are retired, but Nocturne who are the same rarity cycle in on December. Wildclaw Cycle in every so often while Coatl are always available. Shouldn't they be equal if they are the same rarity? Why are Imperial so special that we can't even get their scrolls? is it like this because of lore reasons? Economy?[/quote] Imperial dragons were a special reward for supporters of the Flight Rising Kickstarter campaign before we launched in June 2013. They are considered Limited because they meet the criteria of Limited breed (only available during a certain time period) on our [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=17][b]Breed Rarity encyclopedia page[/b][/url]. While we agree that there is some variance in the availability of breeds in the same category, it's not realistic for us to continue categorizing breeds differently based on the ebb and flow of how available they are, because that is likely to change over time anyway. A breed's category is more of a descriptor of where they fit into the game mechanically in the breeding system, and not how prevalent/in style they may be at any given point. [br][br][quote]What is the reasoning behind the color wheel order since it does't actually seem to follow roygbiv exactly?[/quote] We wanted for the artwork in Flight Rising to be "clear/clean" colors with matching shadows and colored line art rather than a true mixing of both colors (which can result in many washed-out or muddy values in a hex-based-system). The wheel helped to simplify hue, value, and color saturation into one ordered set. We decided that a wheel that allows for narrowing down a range or widening it for randomness and assigning a set number of available colors would be a good compromise for specific/chaotic goals within a pre-selected color range, which is what we wanted for our game. [br][br][quote]Until recently, inactive accounts that had not chosen a flight were sent by default to Earth after a while (Flight #1) Is it still working this way, or was it changed over the last year?[/quote] Unassigned lairs were causing problems in some of our site features in the past. When this occurred the first time, we assigned all of these accounts element 1, earth, to correct the issue. In subsequent windows, we randomized where these unclaimed lairs were assigned to be evenly among the 11 elements. Unassigned lairs on incomplete accounts no longer cause the problems they did, so we have not reassigned any of these dead accounts to an element recently. Please note: the incomplete/abandoned lairs assigned to earth in the first wave do not affect earth's dominance/flight pushes; the dominance system only factors in accounts that have been active recently. [br][br][quote]How is Maren pronounced? Like Mah-ren or like Mair-en?[/quote] Mair-en.
Quote:
Dragon breeds come with set coliseum abilities: either scratch and shred, or meditate and contuse. Those battle stones can be changed, so this seems to imply that I could make my Guardian a mage, and my Skydancer a front-line warrior.

Is this a breed-wide preference, or is it a breed-wide set guideline? I.e. Do certain breeds, Guardians for example, have a harder time learning magic than magic oriented breeds, and vice versa for mage breeds?

All breeds have the capacity to learn both magical and melee abilities, though the individual dragon will need to make the decision in how they train. Some breeds are naturally inclined to gravitate towards a certain ability style so their population's skillset is skewed.

In terms of gameplay, we wanted to spread out the starting abilities.

Quote:
Why is it, even though two breeds are the same rarity, their availability differ?
What I mean is, Imperial's are retired, but Nocturne who are the same rarity cycle in on December. Wildclaw Cycle in every so often while Coatl are always available. Shouldn't they be equal if they are the same rarity? Why are Imperial so special that we can't even get their scrolls? is it like this because of lore reasons? Economy?

Imperial dragons were a special reward for supporters of the Flight Rising Kickstarter campaign before we launched in June 2013. They are considered Limited because they meet the criteria of Limited breed (only available during a certain time period) on our Breed Rarity encyclopedia page. While we agree that there is some variance in the availability of breeds in the same category, it's not realistic for us to continue categorizing breeds differently based on the ebb and flow of how available they are, because that is likely to change over time anyway.

A breed's category is more of a descriptor of where they fit into the game mechanically in the breeding system, and not how prevalent/in style they may be at any given point.

Quote:
What is the reasoning behind the color wheel order since it does't actually seem to follow roygbiv exactly?

We wanted for the artwork in Flight Rising to be "clear/clean" colors with matching shadows and colored line art rather than a true mixing of both colors (which can result in many washed-out or muddy values in a hex-based-system). The wheel helped to simplify hue, value, and color saturation into one ordered set. We decided that a wheel that allows for narrowing down a range or widening it for randomness and assigning a set number of available colors would be a good compromise for specific/chaotic goals within a pre-selected color range, which is what we wanted for our game.

Quote:
Until recently, inactive accounts that had not chosen a flight were sent by default to Earth after a while (Flight #1)

Is it still working this way, or was it changed over the last year?

Unassigned lairs were causing problems in some of our site features in the past. When this occurred the first time, we assigned all of these accounts element 1, earth, to correct the issue. In subsequent windows, we randomized where these unclaimed lairs were assigned to be evenly among the 11 elements. Unassigned lairs on incomplete accounts no longer cause the problems they did, so we have not reassigned any of these dead accounts to an element recently.

Please note: the incomplete/abandoned lairs assigned to earth in the first wave do not affect earth's dominance/flight pushes; the dominance system only factors in accounts that have been active recently.

Quote:
How is Maren pronounced? Like Mah-ren or like Mair-en?

Mair-en.
What is the purpose of a male Ridgeback's nose? Also, how do they fish without getting covered in the water they hate?
What is the purpose of a male Ridgeback's nose? Also, how do they fish without getting covered in the water they hate?
0GXPpFU.gif
Not asking for an ETA, but a mechanic question instead: When the Coliseum rewrite is released, will there be an option to save teams? I frequently use a tablet and have noticed it can be quite a challenge to switch between dragons, especially when you have a full lair!
Not asking for an ETA, but a mechanic question instead: When the Coliseum rewrite is released, will there be an option to save teams? I frequently use a tablet and have noticed it can be quite a challenge to switch between dragons, especially when you have a full lair!
Catfeather Loop fbwG7W5.png

please see shop front for specific pinglists
[quote name="Aequorin" date=2016-01-11 20:53:38] [br][br][quote]What is the reasoning behind the color wheel order since it does't actually seem to follow roygbiv exactly?[/quote] We wanted for the artwork in Flight Rising to be "clear/clean" colors with matching shadows and colored line art rather than a true mixing of both colors (which can result in many washed-out or muddy values in a hex-based-system). The wheel helped to simplify hue, value, and color saturation into one ordered set. We decided that a wheel that allows for narrowing down a range or widening it for randomness and assigning a set number of available colors would be a good compromise for specific/chaotic goals within a pre-selected color range, which is what we wanted for our game. [/quote] I'm not the person that asked that, but you didn't answer their question at all? They asked why the color wheel is in the [i]order[/i] it's in. Maize --> Rose doesn't follow the order of the rainbow. Why and how was the [i]order[/i] of the color wheel chosen?
Aequorin wrote on 2016-01-11:

Quote:
What is the reasoning behind the color wheel order since it does't actually seem to follow roygbiv exactly?

We wanted for the artwork in Flight Rising to be "clear/clean" colors with matching shadows and colored line art rather than a true mixing of both colors (which can result in many washed-out or muddy values in a hex-based-system). The wheel helped to simplify hue, value, and color saturation into one ordered set. We decided that a wheel that allows for narrowing down a range or widening it for randomness and assigning a set number of available colors would be a good compromise for specific/chaotic goals within a pre-selected color range, which is what we wanted for our game.

I'm not the person that asked that, but you didn't answer their question at all?

They asked why the color wheel is in the order it's in. Maize --> Rose doesn't follow the order of the rainbow. Why and how was the order of the color wheel chosen?
Can you explain why eggs are a rare item and have a low chance of popping up while scavenging?
Can you explain why eggs are a rare item and have a low chance of popping up while scavenging?
Is there going to be a possibility of dragon level caps going higher than the current 25? I really ove coli but seems so boring to not be able to have my dragons grow anymore
Is there going to be a possibility of dragon level caps going higher than the current 25? I really ove coli but seems so boring to not be able to have my dragons grow anymore
Tumblr|||Wishlist
Does the amount of loot we get in the coli decrease with the experience of the team the way experience does? If a team is over-leveled for the venue, do they get less loot or is the loot system the same regardless of venue and dragon level?
Does the amount of loot we get in the coli decrease with the experience of the team the way experience does? If a team is over-leveled for the venue, do they get less loot or is the loot system the same regardless of venue and dragon level?
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
is there any plan to update the deities' colors listed on their pages when the new colors get released? ive noticed that some of the colors listed dont seem accurate, but that there are newer colors that would be a better fit.
is there any plan to update the deities' colors listed on their pages when the new colors get released? ive noticed that some of the colors listed dont seem accurate, but that there are newer colors that would be a better fit.
tumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o3_r1_250.png
When new breeds are released, will they have a holiday like Nocturnes do? If not, how do you plan on introducing them?
When new breeds are released, will they have a holiday like Nocturnes do? If not, how do you plan on introducing them?
Nobody wants to tell you why discipline is so important. Discipline is the strongest form of self-love. It is ignoring current pleasures for bigger rewards to come. It's loving yourself enough to give yourself everything you've ever wanted.
1 2 ... 303 304 305 306 307 ... 753 754