Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | WttS Discussion ~ D5
1 2 ... 61 62 63 64 65 ... 120 121
@Maithax I mean, you could in theory give us the answers, you are the mod, but I guess that wouldn't be so fun. I just wish this entire discussion would shift off of what we don't know and don't have enough information to solve and go back towards those that are potentially suspicious. This entire day has been won by the mafia for the sole reason that we, with less than 8 hours remaining in the day, have yet to come up with any suspicions for anyone. The sole focus has been on one move that we still cannot confirm a thing about.

We need to move away from that for now, and focus more on who could be mafia. Who's been quiet through all of this? Who hasn't added much or just randomly started agreeing with people? Who maybe jumped into all of this way too soon? We need to move on from trying to figure out what happened and get into analytics.
@Maithax I mean, you could in theory give us the answers, you are the mod, but I guess that wouldn't be so fun. I just wish this entire discussion would shift off of what we don't know and don't have enough information to solve and go back towards those that are potentially suspicious. This entire day has been won by the mafia for the sole reason that we, with less than 8 hours remaining in the day, have yet to come up with any suspicions for anyone. The sole focus has been on one move that we still cannot confirm a thing about.

We need to move away from that for now, and focus more on who could be mafia. Who's been quiet through all of this? Who hasn't added much or just randomly started agreeing with people? Who maybe jumped into all of this way too soon? We need to move on from trying to figure out what happened and get into analytics.
. im.pngloptr.png ..ygfZJJN.png....... nyctos lore workshop
- she/her bisexual
- wholock/marvel nerd
- jk im an everything nerd
- intp capricorn
@MorRioghan
I don't want to say too much in case I'm incorrect, but I def have my suspicions on Airplanefoxx. Not because they suspected me (I'm not upset about that; that's part of the game) but the fact that the moment I roleclaimed they sused me and said that they were going to cast their vote to me and encourage everyone else to do the same - without any real evidence that I'm maf or word choice displaying that. I'm really not sure, they haven't been posting much and it seems only they post whenever they're trying to go back on their prior words or to casually place a wordy post about someone you think is sus.
I think we learned with BerryBagel and our current situation we shouldn't sus people without evidence or real reasons for doing such

Airplane, I'm really happy to chat it out with you. I'd like to see your response and your defense.
Everyone is innocent until proven guilty imo
@MorRioghan
I don't want to say too much in case I'm incorrect, but I def have my suspicions on Airplanefoxx. Not because they suspected me (I'm not upset about that; that's part of the game) but the fact that the moment I roleclaimed they sused me and said that they were going to cast their vote to me and encourage everyone else to do the same - without any real evidence that I'm maf or word choice displaying that. I'm really not sure, they haven't been posting much and it seems only they post whenever they're trying to go back on their prior words or to casually place a wordy post about someone you think is sus.
I think we learned with BerryBagel and our current situation we shouldn't sus people without evidence or real reasons for doing such

Airplane, I'm really happy to chat it out with you. I'd like to see your response and your defense.
Everyone is innocent until proven guilty imo
sig103_by_dingobreath-dckmq7f.png
Okay sorry I wasn't around yesterday- I didn't end up getting much sleep (thanks, Endgame) and felt really gross for a lot of yesterday.

I don't think that, strictly speaking, me and @MorRioghan were busdriven, since that would also have flipped my protection over to her, which didn't happen.

Regarding the 'tell the truth or perish' thing- that...might be my fault. I have a limited-shot secondary ability that I can use to allow players to know their hidden game mechanics. I assumed that meant additional bonus good abilities, and used it on MorRioghan last night, since she gave me strong town vibes, and I was hoping she'd be a little less suspicious of me if I could give her a 'power-up', so to speak.

Then there was the whole roleclaiming thing, and I figured I should share the guardian angel part of my role as the most reliable indicator of me being town. I wasn't going to mention the secondary ability, because despite my general showing in this game, I really do try to keep my role as secret as possible.

@EgoLobster
I think you're telling the truth about your ability, but the more I think about it, the more I feel like a forced-roleclaim poisoner is...not necessarily the most town-valenced role. In theory, if you used your ability on mafia, would they actually have to come right out and admit it? That seems like it would be a weird game mechanic.

@StormDreamer, don't think I've forgotten about your promised explanation for the day-one roleclaiming. I'm still very interested in hearing that!

Final thing that caught my attention for now- On page 46, Ego accidentally calls @HimikoTheMage "Storm", which struck me as a little odd since Storm hadn't posted in the last four pages, so there was no particular reason for Ego to be thinking about Storm. Of course, if Ego and Storm were in current communication in a different chat (read: if Storm and Ego were in a maf team), the slip-up would make a lot more sense.
Okay sorry I wasn't around yesterday- I didn't end up getting much sleep (thanks, Endgame) and felt really gross for a lot of yesterday.

I don't think that, strictly speaking, me and @MorRioghan were busdriven, since that would also have flipped my protection over to her, which didn't happen.

Regarding the 'tell the truth or perish' thing- that...might be my fault. I have a limited-shot secondary ability that I can use to allow players to know their hidden game mechanics. I assumed that meant additional bonus good abilities, and used it on MorRioghan last night, since she gave me strong town vibes, and I was hoping she'd be a little less suspicious of me if I could give her a 'power-up', so to speak.

Then there was the whole roleclaiming thing, and I figured I should share the guardian angel part of my role as the most reliable indicator of me being town. I wasn't going to mention the secondary ability, because despite my general showing in this game, I really do try to keep my role as secret as possible.

@EgoLobster
I think you're telling the truth about your ability, but the more I think about it, the more I feel like a forced-roleclaim poisoner is...not necessarily the most town-valenced role. In theory, if you used your ability on mafia, would they actually have to come right out and admit it? That seems like it would be a weird game mechanic.

@StormDreamer, don't think I've forgotten about your promised explanation for the day-one roleclaiming. I'm still very interested in hearing that!

Final thing that caught my attention for now- On page 46, Ego accidentally calls @HimikoTheMage "Storm", which struck me as a little odd since Storm hadn't posted in the last four pages, so there was no particular reason for Ego to be thinking about Storm. Of course, if Ego and Storm were in current communication in a different chat (read: if Storm and Ego were in a maf team), the slip-up would make a lot more sense.
She/her ~ FR Time +3
11514.png
[quote name="EgoLobster" date="2019-04-28 12:38:29" ] Ok, so something just happened that I both want to talk about but I'm not sure if I should? Someone broke the rules in a PM to me about the game but I don't want to hurt them in response because they're trying to help me?? FRICK THIS GAME I WANT TO D I E [/quote] Due to this, no one may post in this thread until I sort this out. Officially, you can call the game paused. [rule] [b]Players:[/b] @Warriorgirl1234 @BerryBagel @MysticalScribe @StormDreamer @brighteningskies @EmbertheSkywing @AmalgamDragon @MorRioghan @SkyDancer10 @Tanglefire @Underworld71 @HimikoTheMage @DarkInsight @Kay13 @Airplanefoxx @Snivy88 @EgoLobster
EgoLobster wrote on 2019-04-28 12:38:29:
Ok, so something just happened that I both want to talk about but I'm not sure if I should? Someone broke the rules in a PM to me about the game but I don't want to hurt them in response because they're trying to help me??
FRICK THIS GAME I WANT TO D I E

Due to this, no one may post in this thread until I sort this out. Officially, you can call the game paused.

Players: @Warriorgirl1234 @BerryBagel @MysticalScribe @StormDreamer @brighteningskies @EmbertheSkywing @AmalgamDragon @MorRioghan @SkyDancer10 @Tanglefire @Underworld71 @HimikoTheMage @DarkInsight @Kay13 @Airplanefoxx @Snivy88 @EgoLobster
tq6VrgN.png

Mai/Mat
he/they/it
[center][b][u]End of Day 2[/u][/b][/center] “STOP EVERYTHING!” Vonalzo roars the words as he storms onto stage, eyes ablaze. The contestant currently on stage performing stops mid song and Vonalzo, not caring who it was, shoves them aside and off the stage. His eyes scan the crowd, zeroing in on his target. “Rule breaker,” he hisses. Said person appears fearful, as they should, which grew as a blue aura highlights them and elevates them into the air, bringing them over to Vonalzo. “Did you even read the rules?! The rules I spent time meticulously going over to eliminate any actions or loopholes I don’t approve of!” He keeps his fists balled at his sides, though it is clear it takes significant self-control to do so. “Editing or deleting a post is a minor thing–easily forgivable–but privately messaging someone promising to use your ability on them to save them is a major violation and absolutely unforgivable! Defeats the entire point of the game!” Every so often, he starts to swear, but quickly changes his wording to avoid it. “You are expelled from this competition!” With a small twitch of his hand, the contestant flies out the auditorium doors and a loud boom echoes throughout the room as the doors slam shut and lock behind them. Vonalzo closes his eyes and takes deep breath then turns on the rest of the contestants, eyes still shimmering with barely contained rage. “I suggest–highly suggest–that you all read the rules,” he growls. “No matter if you’re a newbie or this is your hundredth game, regardless if you didn’t read the rules in the first place or you know them by heart. Read them over.” Whirling around, he stalks off towards backstage. “If another rule is broken...well, you’ve just seen a perfect example of what will happen.” No one speaks or moves or a long while. Everyone’s eyes are fixed on the place Vonalzo was. Then, a judge speaks up. “Return to your rooms everyone,” she instructs. All eyes turn on her. “The sun has set and it is night. Take the time to reflect on what has passed.” People slowly get up and start doing as she said. Soon, the auditorium is empty. The lights flicker off and all is silent... For now. [rule] [list] [*]AmalgamDragon has been mod killed. The role name they were given was Axelle and the role was town aligned. [*]If Underworld71 and DarkInsight don’t submit an action during night 2, they will be mod killed. [*]Night 2 has started. It’ll end tomorrow at 19:00. [/list] [b]Players:[/b] @Warriorgirl1234 @BerryBagel @MysticalScribe @StormDreamer @brighteningskies @EmbertheSkywing @MorRioghan @SkyDancer10 @Tanglefire @Underworld71 @HimikoTheMage @DarkInsight @Kay13 @Airplanefoxx @Snivy88 @EgoLobster [b]Spectators:[/b] @AllPowerfulPooge @Comba
End of Day 2

“STOP EVERYTHING!”

Vonalzo roars the words as he storms onto stage, eyes ablaze. The contestant currently on stage performing stops mid song and Vonalzo, not caring who it was, shoves them aside and off the stage. His eyes scan the crowd, zeroing in on his target.

“Rule breaker,” he hisses. Said person appears fearful, as they should, which grew as a blue aura highlights them and elevates them into the air, bringing them over to Vonalzo. “Did you even read the rules?! The rules I spent time meticulously going over to eliminate any actions or loopholes I don’t approve of!” He keeps his fists balled at his sides, though it is clear it takes significant self-control to do so. “Editing or deleting a post is a minor thing–easily forgivable–but privately messaging someone promising to use your ability on them to save them is a major violation and absolutely unforgivable! Defeats the entire point of the game!” Every so often, he starts to swear, but quickly changes his wording to avoid it. “You are expelled from this competition!”

With a small twitch of his hand, the contestant flies out the auditorium doors and a loud boom echoes throughout the room as the doors slam shut and lock behind them. Vonalzo closes his eyes and takes deep breath then turns on the rest of the contestants, eyes still shimmering with barely contained rage.

“I suggest–highly suggest–that you all read the rules,” he growls. “No matter if you’re a newbie or this is your hundredth game, regardless if you didn’t read the rules in the first place or you know them by heart. Read them over.” Whirling around, he stalks off towards backstage. “If another rule is broken...well, you’ve just seen a perfect example of what will happen.”

No one speaks or moves or a long while. Everyone’s eyes are fixed on the place Vonalzo was. Then, a judge speaks up.

“Return to your rooms everyone,” she instructs. All eyes turn on her. “The sun has set and it is night. Take the time to reflect on what has passed.”

People slowly get up and start doing as she said. Soon, the auditorium is empty. The lights flicker off and all is silent...

For now.

• AmalgamDragon has been mod killed. The role name they were given was Axelle and the role was town aligned.
  • If Underworld71 and DarkInsight don’t submit an action during night 2, they will be mod killed.
  • Night 2 has started. It’ll end tomorrow at 19:00.

Players: @Warriorgirl1234 @BerryBagel @MysticalScribe @StormDreamer @brighteningskies @EmbertheSkywing @MorRioghan @SkyDancer10 @Tanglefire @Underworld71 @HimikoTheMage @DarkInsight @Kay13 @Airplanefoxx @Snivy88 @EgoLobster

Spectators: @AllPowerfulPooge @Comba
tq6VrgN.png

Mai/Mat
he/they/it
Man... time frame screwed me so hard. Oh well... innocent lil axelle is gone, and i suppose i will never do an other forum mafia. That not a funny kind of game.
Man... time frame screwed me so hard. Oh well... innocent lil axelle is gone, and i suppose i will never do an other forum mafia. That not a funny kind of game.
I have suspicion on @Warriorgirl1234
I have suspicion on @Warriorgirl1234
sup peeps
Dawn of Day 2

Despite the day’s events, two figures enter the auditorium long after the night had settled in. The first scribbled a quick note and then fled out the main doors back into the dark, disappearing forever. The second lingered, looking around rather dumbly.

Vonalzo, infuriated but so drained from earlier, walks in, alerted the the figure’s presence. “Did you not even bother to read anything I’ve written?” He sighed. “You learned nothing. Just–just get out.” With a quick wave of his hand, he forced the contestant out the main doors, locking them once more. His posture is hunched over and he carries none of the vibrant life that he had before, eyes dark and devoid of colour. “Sometimes I wonder...” His words trail off under his breath as he trudges back to his room. “What’s the point?”

During the night, the group of figures from before meet in the same spot and begin to discuss. It takes much longer to come to a decision than it did the previous night. However, they all part ways, content with their decisions.

Umbreyta, eyes gleaming with determination, exits their room, goal sharply in mind. A smile tugs at the corners of their mouth as they approach their target’s room. Politely, they knock upon the door.

“Hello, anyone home?” they call out. However, no one answers from inside the room. Irritated, they slam their hand on the door then try for the doorknob. Unfortunately, they find the door locked. Once again, they slam the door. “Come on, open the door. I just want to talk to you.”

Before anything else can happen, footsteps begin to grow louder as a figure appears down the hall, walking towards Umbreyta. Afraid of getting spotted, they flee from the door and run back to their own room. Once inside, they throw the nearest thing they can find against the wall. Their one chance gone just like that, stopped by some stupid lock on a door.

In a deserted hall, Sam leaves a room not their own and starts heading down the hall in high spirits. They think over their conversation with the other and smile, remembering the fun they’d had with their companion, even if their meeting was under some unusual and unexpected circumstances.

As they approach they own room, they notice the door is cracked open, definitely not how they left it. Panic piercing their heart, they rush forward and throw open the door as they enter.

The first thing they see is a bed with a large, dark stain spread out over it. Hey fall to their knees in the doorway. Despite the limited lighting and also because of having any light at all, they are able to tell the stain is red. Blood.

“No,” they whisper. “Daralis?”

Unbeknownst to them, a figure had appeared in the doorway behind them. In one quick move, they have a knife pressed to Sam’s throat.

“Hello, dear Sam,” they croon. “I wanted to get you first, but, alas, when I got here, the only person to be found was Daralis. They seemed rather ill, not having been in the auditorium yesterday. I hope you don’t mind, but I put them out of their misery.”

“Sydänsuru,” Sam breathes, recognising the voice of their attacker. “You’re horrible.”

“Why, thank you.” The figure laughs. “I hope you enjoy where ever it is your soul ends up.”

Blood spills onto the carpet and Sam’s body pitches forward, a cut running from one side of their neck to the other.

The next morning, everyone gathers in the auditorium, looking around. No one had heard anything, but there were two missing from their numbers.

Vonalzo walks out onto the stage, looking exhausted. His eyes stare at the ground and his hair is a rat’s nest. “I have news,” he announces. “Sam and Daralis–or, as you know them, Tanglefire and DarkInsight were found dead in their room this morning.” He pauses, taking a deep and shaky breath. “Additionally, Underworld71 has been removed from the game.” Without staying to linger, he vanishes back down the hall. If one listens closely, they might hear muffled sniffles and barely held back sobs.

• Tanglefire and DarkInsight, Sam and Daralis, were killed
  • Underworld71 was mod killed for violating the rules. They were a member of town and had the role name of Mahlah
  • Night 2 has ended. Day 3 has begun and will end 1 May at 19:00 FR time
  • Actions results are being sent

Players: @Warriorgirl1234 @BerryBagel @MysticalScribe @StormDreamer @brighteningskies @EmbertheSkywing @MorRioghan @SkyDancer10 @HimikoTheMage @Kay13 @Airplanefoxx @Snivy88 @EgoLobster

Spectators: @AllPowerfulPooge @Comba @Tanglefire
Dawn of Day 2

Despite the day’s events, two figures enter the auditorium long after the night had settled in. The first scribbled a quick note and then fled out the main doors back into the dark, disappearing forever. The second lingered, looking around rather dumbly.

Vonalzo, infuriated but so drained from earlier, walks in, alerted the the figure’s presence. “Did you not even bother to read anything I’ve written?” He sighed. “You learned nothing. Just–just get out.” With a quick wave of his hand, he forced the contestant out the main doors, locking them once more. His posture is hunched over and he carries none of the vibrant life that he had before, eyes dark and devoid of colour. “Sometimes I wonder...” His words trail off under his breath as he trudges back to his room. “What’s the point?”

During the night, the group of figures from before meet in the same spot and begin to discuss. It takes much longer to come to a decision than it did the previous night. However, they all part ways, content with their decisions.

Umbreyta, eyes gleaming with determination, exits their room, goal sharply in mind. A smile tugs at the corners of their mouth as they approach their target’s room. Politely, they knock upon the door.

“Hello, anyone home?” they call out. However, no one answers from inside the room. Irritated, they slam their hand on the door then try for the doorknob. Unfortunately, they find the door locked. Once again, they slam the door. “Come on, open the door. I just want to talk to you.”

Before anything else can happen, footsteps begin to grow louder as a figure appears down the hall, walking towards Umbreyta. Afraid of getting spotted, they flee from the door and run back to their own room. Once inside, they throw the nearest thing they can find against the wall. Their one chance gone just like that, stopped by some stupid lock on a door.

In a deserted hall, Sam leaves a room not their own and starts heading down the hall in high spirits. They think over their conversation with the other and smile, remembering the fun they’d had with their companion, even if their meeting was under some unusual and unexpected circumstances.

As they approach they own room, they notice the door is cracked open, definitely not how they left it. Panic piercing their heart, they rush forward and throw open the door as they enter.

The first thing they see is a bed with a large, dark stain spread out over it. Hey fall to their knees in the doorway. Despite the limited lighting and also because of having any light at all, they are able to tell the stain is red. Blood.

“No,” they whisper. “Daralis?”

Unbeknownst to them, a figure had appeared in the doorway behind them. In one quick move, they have a knife pressed to Sam’s throat.

“Hello, dear Sam,” they croon. “I wanted to get you first, but, alas, when I got here, the only person to be found was Daralis. They seemed rather ill, not having been in the auditorium yesterday. I hope you don’t mind, but I put them out of their misery.”

“Sydänsuru,” Sam breathes, recognising the voice of their attacker. “You’re horrible.”

“Why, thank you.” The figure laughs. “I hope you enjoy where ever it is your soul ends up.”

Blood spills onto the carpet and Sam’s body pitches forward, a cut running from one side of their neck to the other.

The next morning, everyone gathers in the auditorium, looking around. No one had heard anything, but there were two missing from their numbers.

Vonalzo walks out onto the stage, looking exhausted. His eyes stare at the ground and his hair is a rat’s nest. “I have news,” he announces. “Sam and Daralis–or, as you know them, Tanglefire and DarkInsight were found dead in their room this morning.” He pauses, taking a deep and shaky breath. “Additionally, Underworld71 has been removed from the game.” Without staying to linger, he vanishes back down the hall. If one listens closely, they might hear muffled sniffles and barely held back sobs.

• Tanglefire and DarkInsight, Sam and Daralis, were killed
  • Underworld71 was mod killed for violating the rules. They were a member of town and had the role name of Mahlah
  • Night 2 has ended. Day 3 has begun and will end 1 May at 19:00 FR time
  • Actions results are being sent

Players: @Warriorgirl1234 @BerryBagel @MysticalScribe @StormDreamer @brighteningskies @EmbertheSkywing @MorRioghan @SkyDancer10 @HimikoTheMage @Kay13 @Airplanefoxx @Snivy88 @EgoLobster

Spectators: @AllPowerfulPooge @Comba @Tanglefire
tq6VrgN.png

Mai/Mat
he/they/it
Hey guys! Sorry I didn’t post at all for Day 2. I was so busy with homework and my internship and prom that I didn’t get the chance to get on flightrising at all. To recap what I’ve seen so far (please correct me if I'm wrong):

1. Quite possibly a bus driver or mafia redirector in the game, which would really suck
2. It seems like Berry and Mor got switched by one of the above, either accidentally or purposefully
3. Amalgam broke a major rule and got kicked out (to be honest I’m not that surprised)
4. Underworld71 also broke a rule (Geez guys, poor Maithax is probably fed up with us)
5. Tanglefire and DarkInsight were murdered :(
6. A couple people have soft roleclaimed by saying what their character names are so I’m wondering if I also should to clear up some of the confusion from yesterday so we can move on and find our murder(s)? I’m Heth guys
Hey guys! Sorry I didn’t post at all for Day 2. I was so busy with homework and my internship and prom that I didn’t get the chance to get on flightrising at all. To recap what I’ve seen so far (please correct me if I'm wrong):

1. Quite possibly a bus driver or mafia redirector in the game, which would really suck
2. It seems like Berry and Mor got switched by one of the above, either accidentally or purposefully
3. Amalgam broke a major rule and got kicked out (to be honest I’m not that surprised)
4. Underworld71 also broke a rule (Geez guys, poor Maithax is probably fed up with us)
5. Tanglefire and DarkInsight were murdered :(
6. A couple people have soft roleclaimed by saying what their character names are so I’m wondering if I also should to clear up some of the confusion from yesterday so we can move on and find our murder(s)? I’m Heth guys
I think we figured out that I wasn't actually redirected or swapped, that it was actually pet of my role. @Kay13 if you're heth, then you would know if there was a busser, role blocker, or redirector. It'd be you.
I think we figured out that I wasn't actually redirected or swapped, that it was actually pet of my role. @Kay13 if you're heth, then you would know if there was a busser, role blocker, or redirector. It'd be you.
. im.pngloptr.png ..ygfZJJN.png....... nyctos lore workshop
- she/her bisexual
- wholock/marvel nerd
- jk im an everything nerd
- intp capricorn
1 2 ... 61 62 63 64 65 ... 120 121