Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | WttS Discussion ~ D5
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 120 121
[left][i]Note: Please do not post here unless you've joined via the signup thread linked below[/i][/left] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/TWQzDe7.jpg[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/aJJbUFM.png[/img][/center] It’s late one evening and you find yourself walking to dark streets of the city with a group of friends. You pass by a lamp post when one of your friends calls out, stopping you in your tracks. “Hey, check this out,” they exclaim. Following their gaze, you spot a tattered flyer tapped to the lamp post you just passed. Crowding around the flyer, you and your friends read over it. [quote][center][font=segoe script][b][u]Music Competition![/u][/b][/center] Do you think you have what it takes to go against the best singers and musicians in the area? Want to prove that you are the best? Make a name for yourself and take this once in a lifetime chance to achieve your dreams of becoming famous! This Saturday, come to the Golden Idol Theatre and do your best to wow our judges! After an initial audition, the judges will pick up to twenty people to move on to the second round! There, you’ll be fully judged for your talent, skills, and abilities! At the end the judges will choose the best performance to win a grand prize of $50,000! You may sign up with a group with no more than four people! Location: Golden Idol Theatre Date & Time: This Saturday at 14:00 Grand Prize: $50,000[/font][/quote] “We should totally tryout!” You find yourself nodding along with your friends and you all walk away, chatting excitedly amongst yourselves about the competition. Glancing back over your shoulder at the lamp post, you frown, feeling uneasy for a reason you can’t place. However, you turn your attention back to your friends, your frown fading back into a smile. After all, how dangerous can a little competition be? [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/aJJbUFM.png[/img][/center] [center][size=5][b]Rules[/b][/size][/center] [LIST] [*]Follow FR guidelines [*]Don’t edit or delete posts [*]No outside communication regarding this thread [*]Each person must post at least two times each day cycle [*]Don’t pressure people into revealing their role [*]Don’t post anything the mod privately tells you word for word. You may paraphrase though. If it’s something the mod wants everyone to be aware of, they’ll announce it publicly [*]Days are 48 hours and nights are 24 hours (or till all actions have been received). Days and nights end at 19:00 FR time. You may not post in the discussion thread during night hours [*]Lockdown is 1 hour before the day ends. No new votes or vote changes will be allowed after that time. You may continue to post after lockdown is announced [*]Once you see a Reserved post, all conversation must stop. That is for the end of the day and will signal an official phase change to night and means the mod is currently wrapping up and preparing stuff for the end of the day. You may begin to submit night actions even if you have not yet been pinged [*]Mod’s word is final [*]Don’t post in thread after you’re killed. The mod will send you the spectator chat link [*]Fluff is fine but don’t overdo it [*]Be polite. Aggressive is fine but there’s a fine line between aggressive and rude. Don’t cross it or else you will be instantly mod killed. I give one warning when you near it but after that, you’re out. [*]No screenshots [*]Include your favourite movie or play in your post to show you’ve read the rules and game information [*]On Discord, you must use your FR name or some variation. If you must, create a nickname for yourself [*]The mod can change rules as needed. They’ll alert everyone if they do [/LIST] [center][size=5][b]Game Information[/b][/size][/center] [LIST] [*]This is a closed set-up and non-rp mafia game [*]This is a b*stard game. The mod can and will lie to you. In addition, roles can and will have mechanics unknown to you [*]Mafia will win when the number of alive mafia aligned players is equal to the number of innocents alive [*]Town wins when all the mafia aligned players are dead [*]The mod has a role card and, thus, can be lynched and abilities can be used on them [*]This game uses Discord. To use Discord, you do need to make an account. If you are unable to use Discord for any reason, please pm me and we will discuss a backup plan in case you get a role that requires Discord [/LIST]
Note: Please do not post here unless you've joined via the signup thread linked below
TWQzDe7.jpg

aJJbUFM.png

It’s late one evening and you find yourself walking to dark streets of the city with a group of friends. You pass by a lamp post when one of your friends calls out, stopping you in your tracks.

“Hey, check this out,” they exclaim.

Following their gaze, you spot a tattered flyer tapped to the lamp post you just passed. Crowding around the flyer, you and your friends read over it.
Quote:
Music Competition!

Do you think you have what it takes to go against the best singers and musicians in the area? Want to prove that you are the best? Make a name for yourself and take this once in a lifetime chance to achieve your dreams of becoming famous! This Saturday, come to the Golden Idol Theatre and do your best to wow our judges! After an initial audition, the judges will pick up to twenty people to move on to the second round! There, you’ll be fully judged for your talent, skills, and abilities! At the end the judges will choose the best performance to win a grand prize of $50,000! You may sign up with a group with no more than four people!

Date & Time: This Saturday at 14:00

Grand Prize: $50,000

“We should totally tryout!”

You find yourself nodding along with your friends and you all walk away, chatting excitedly amongst yourselves about the competition. Glancing back over your shoulder at the lamp post, you frown, feeling uneasy for a reason you can’t place. However, you turn your attention back to your friends, your frown fading back into a smile.

After all, how dangerous can a little competition be?
aJJbUFM.png

Rules
  • Follow FR guidelines
  • Don’t edit or delete posts
  • No outside communication regarding this thread
  • Each person must post at least two times each day cycle
  • Don’t pressure people into revealing their role
  • Don’t post anything the mod privately tells you word for word. You may paraphrase though. If it’s something the mod wants everyone to be aware of, they’ll announce it publicly
  • Days are 48 hours and nights are 24 hours (or till all actions have been received). Days and nights end at 19:00 FR time. You may not post in the discussion thread during night hours
  • Lockdown is 1 hour before the day ends. No new votes or vote changes will be allowed after that time. You may continue to post after lockdown is announced
  • Once you see a Reserved post, all conversation must stop. That is for the end of the day and will signal an official phase change to night and means the mod is currently wrapping up and preparing stuff for the end of the day. You may begin to submit night actions even if you have not yet been pinged
  • Mod’s word is final
  • Don’t post in thread after you’re killed. The mod will send you the spectator chat link
  • Fluff is fine but don’t overdo it
  • Be polite. Aggressive is fine but there’s a fine line between aggressive and rude. Don’t cross it or else you will be instantly mod killed. I give one warning when you near it but after that, you’re out.
  • No screenshots
  • Include your favourite movie or play in your post to show you’ve read the rules and game information
  • On Discord, you must use your FR name or some variation. If you must, create a nickname for yourself
  • The mod can change rules as needed. They’ll alert everyone if they do
Game Information
  • This is a closed set-up and non-rp mafia game
  • This is a b*stard game. The mod can and will lie to you. In addition, roles can and will have mechanics unknown to you
  • Mafia will win when the number of alive mafia aligned players is equal to the number of innocents alive
  • Town wins when all the mafia aligned players are dead
  • The mod has a role card and, thus, can be lynched and abilities can be used on them
  • This game uses Discord. To use Discord, you do need to make an account. If you are unable to use Discord for any reason, please pm me and we will discuss a backup plan in case you get a role that requires Discord
tq6VrgN.png

Mai/Mat
he/they/it
[center][b][size=4]Players[/size][/b] [img]https://i.imgur.com/aJJbUFM.png[/img][/center] [LIST=1] [*][s]Maithax[/s] ~ lynched day 1~ [color=darkblue]Vonalzó[/color] [*]Warriorgirl1234 [*]BerryBagel [*]MysticalScribe [*]StormDreamer [*][s]brighteningskies[/s] ~ lynched day 6 ~ [color=green]Umbreyta[/color] [*]EmbertheSkywing [*][s]MorRioghan[/s] ~ killed night 3 ~ [color=magenta]Verdad[/color] [*]SkyDancer10 [*][s]Tanglefire[/s] ~ killed night 2 ~ [color=magenta]Sam[/color] [*][s]HimikoTheMage[/s] ~ lynched day 4 ~ [color=green]Aoide[/color] [*][s]DarkInsight[/s] ~ killed night 2 ~ [color=magenta]Daralis[/color] [*]Kay13 [*][s]Airplanefoxx[/s] ~ lynched day 3 ~ [color=magenta]Baethan[/color] [*][s]Snivy88[/s] ~ killed night 6 ~ [color=green]Sydänsuru[/color] [*]EgoLobster [/LIST]
Players
aJJbUFM.png
  1. Maithax ~ lynched day 1~ Vonalzó
  2. Warriorgirl1234
  3. BerryBagel
  4. MysticalScribe
  5. StormDreamer
  6. brighteningskies ~ lynched day 6 ~ Umbreyta
  7. EmbertheSkywing
  8. MorRioghan ~ killed night 3 ~ Verdad
  9. SkyDancer10
  10. Tanglefire ~ killed night 2 ~ Sam
  11. HimikoTheMage ~ lynched day 4 ~ Aoide
  12. DarkInsight ~ killed night 2 ~ Daralis
  13. Kay13
  14. Airplanefoxx ~ lynched day 3 ~ Baethan
  15. Snivy88 ~ killed night 6 ~ Sydänsuru
  16. EgoLobster
tq6VrgN.png

Mai/Mat
he/they/it
[center][size=4][b]Important Links[/b][/size] [img]https://i.imgur.com/aJJbUFM.png[/img][/center] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2664446#post_2664446]Sign Up Thread[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2670920#post_2670920]Lynch Thread[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2670910/34#post_38700337]End of Day 1[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2670910/34#post_38712233]Dawn of Day 2[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2670910/63#post_38736440]End of Day 2[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2670910/63#post_38748486]Dawn of Day 3[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2670910/98#post_38775934]End of Day 3[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2670910/99#post_38788223]Dawn of Day 4[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2670910/109#post_38811425]End of Day 4[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2670910/109#post_38824432]Dawn of Day 5[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2670910/112#post_38848617]End of Day 5[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2670910/115#post_38861195]Dawn of Day 6[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2670910/118#post_38884197]End of Day 6[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2670910/120#post_38920180]Dawn of Day 7/End of Game[/url]
Important Links
aJJbUFM.png

Lynch Thread

End of Day 1

Dawn of Day 2

End of Day 2

Dawn of Day 3

End of Day 3

Dawn of Day 4

End of Day 4

Dawn of Day 5

End of Day 5

Dawn of Day 6

End of Day 6

Dawn of Day 7/End of Game
tq6VrgN.png

Mai/Mat
he/they/it
Dawn of Day 1

The red curtains part to reveal a young man with a too bright smile.

“Welcome ladies, gentlemen, and non-binary people alike,” he begins with a flourish. The theatre is sparsely populated, but it seems as though he is speaking to more people than the ones who are there. “Our judges have reviewed all of your initial performances and chose the lucky few of you who will move on to the second round. All of you who are here right now in the front three rows have made it!” His dull blue-grey eyes–devoid of the emotion which the rest of his face exhibits–sweep over the crowd. “Can we have some applause for our lovely performers?”

A quiet applause–only so due to the minimal amount of people–fills the theatre. Turning your head, you look back at the few scattered spectators. As you return your attention back to the man on stage, you realise a lot of the other performers as well as yourself are remaining stiff and motionless in your seats. Something is off here, but you can’t place it and it seems like some of the others feel the same. The man’s grin widens and his eyes flicker to you before moving on through the crowd of performers; you have a feeling that he is watching each of those who didn’t add to the applause. He waits for the theatre to fall silent before speaking once more.

“At the start, you all were able to sign up as a group or individuals, which all still are valid,” he tells you all. “However, this part of the competition will be solo performances, where if you get a too low score, you’ll be disqualified from entering the third round.” With this, some of the performers who signed up as groups begin to whisper amongst themselves and others shift in their seats. “Oh, don’t worry,” he says, appearing amused. “If one person in a group wins the final prize, the whole group wins.” Everyone settles back down with that addition. “That is all for the second round. Until the first person is up, you all may–”

A blur falls from the catwalks above him and hits the stage with a loud thud, effectively cutting him off. A second after the initial object touches the ground, a small silver streak falls and impales itself in the first object, the handle giving it away as a knife. Everyone jumps out of their seats in surprise and curiosity. You stare at the two objects, trying to piece together what the first one is.

“It’s a body,” one of the judges, who had raced onto the stage, announces, lips curled in disgust.

Your eyes go wide at the statement. With him in your line of sight, you see the man’s eyes glimmer with an emotion you can’t name. Something akin to excitement, the opposite of what you’d expect someone’s reaction to be.

“Oh, how interesting,” he says, almost to himself. “This is one of the people who didn’t make it into the second round. Appears someone killed them, perhaps feeling threatened that they wouldn’t make it to this round if they didn’t kill them off.” His eyes leave the body and land on the crowd, realisation of his surroundings settling in. He carefully guards his expression, wiping away any trace of the emotion you observed from his face. “Participants, go to your rooms. We will deal with this. Fear not, this won’t stop the competition! We’ll start with the first performance tonight!”

The game has begun. Players may begin to post. Keep in mind you need two posts per day cycle to be counted as active.

Day 1 will end 25 April at 19:00 FR time

Players: @bridybrid @Warriorgirl1234 @BerryBagel @MysticalScribe @StormDreamer @brighteningskies @happyasaclam @AmalgamDragon @MorRioghan @SkyDancer10 @Tanglefire @Underworld71 @HimikoTheMage @DarkInsight @Kay13 @Airplanefoxx @Snivy88 @EgoLobster

Replacements: @EmbertheSkywing

Spectators: @LadySiren @aaaleks @ShinyDecidueye @AllPowerfulPooge @Comba
Dawn of Day 1

The red curtains part to reveal a young man with a too bright smile.

“Welcome ladies, gentlemen, and non-binary people alike,” he begins with a flourish. The theatre is sparsely populated, but it seems as though he is speaking to more people than the ones who are there. “Our judges have reviewed all of your initial performances and chose the lucky few of you who will move on to the second round. All of you who are here right now in the front three rows have made it!” His dull blue-grey eyes–devoid of the emotion which the rest of his face exhibits–sweep over the crowd. “Can we have some applause for our lovely performers?”

A quiet applause–only so due to the minimal amount of people–fills the theatre. Turning your head, you look back at the few scattered spectators. As you return your attention back to the man on stage, you realise a lot of the other performers as well as yourself are remaining stiff and motionless in your seats. Something is off here, but you can’t place it and it seems like some of the others feel the same. The man’s grin widens and his eyes flicker to you before moving on through the crowd of performers; you have a feeling that he is watching each of those who didn’t add to the applause. He waits for the theatre to fall silent before speaking once more.

“At the start, you all were able to sign up as a group or individuals, which all still are valid,” he tells you all. “However, this part of the competition will be solo performances, where if you get a too low score, you’ll be disqualified from entering the third round.” With this, some of the performers who signed up as groups begin to whisper amongst themselves and others shift in their seats. “Oh, don’t worry,” he says, appearing amused. “If one person in a group wins the final prize, the whole group wins.” Everyone settles back down with that addition. “That is all for the second round. Until the first person is up, you all may–”

A blur falls from the catwalks above him and hits the stage with a loud thud, effectively cutting him off. A second after the initial object touches the ground, a small silver streak falls and impales itself in the first object, the handle giving it away as a knife. Everyone jumps out of their seats in surprise and curiosity. You stare at the two objects, trying to piece together what the first one is.

“It’s a body,” one of the judges, who had raced onto the stage, announces, lips curled in disgust.

Your eyes go wide at the statement. With him in your line of sight, you see the man’s eyes glimmer with an emotion you can’t name. Something akin to excitement, the opposite of what you’d expect someone’s reaction to be.

“Oh, how interesting,” he says, almost to himself. “This is one of the people who didn’t make it into the second round. Appears someone killed them, perhaps feeling threatened that they wouldn’t make it to this round if they didn’t kill them off.” His eyes leave the body and land on the crowd, realisation of his surroundings settling in. He carefully guards his expression, wiping away any trace of the emotion you observed from his face. “Participants, go to your rooms. We will deal with this. Fear not, this won’t stop the competition! We’ll start with the first performance tonight!”

The game has begun. Players may begin to post. Keep in mind you need two posts per day cycle to be counted as active.

Day 1 will end 25 April at 19:00 FR time

Players: @bridybrid @Warriorgirl1234 @BerryBagel @MysticalScribe @StormDreamer @brighteningskies @happyasaclam @AmalgamDragon @MorRioghan @SkyDancer10 @Tanglefire @Underworld71 @HimikoTheMage @DarkInsight @Kay13 @Airplanefoxx @Snivy88 @EgoLobster

Replacements: @EmbertheSkywing

Spectators: @LadySiren @aaaleks @ShinyDecidueye @AllPowerfulPooge @Comba
tq6VrgN.png

Mai/Mat
he/they/it
Good morning people~ (Literally 9am for me haha)

You can call me Storm but I don't mind even if you call me streamdinner or anything haha as long as I can recognize that you're referring to me it's okay~ I'm a she/her but I don't mind going by any other pronouns so don't worry about that :3

My timezone is FR+15, so EoTD will be at 8:50am for me. I'm on study break so I'll be up to study at 8:30 (hopefully) so I might get to post once or twice before day ends for last-minute votes but don't count on it. I'll try to vote before I go to bed but that depends on if I have a strong lean by then.

Sheeps make good lamb chops for lunch, so don't sheep unless you want my lunch vote :3

I support d1 lunches because I'm hungry and I want lunch~ Lynching is our only weapon against mafia and it helps us eliminate people we are suss of so we don't end up with being in a lylo with a lot of suspicious people, so I believe we should always lynch unless in special circumstances.
Good morning people~ (Literally 9am for me haha)

You can call me Storm but I don't mind even if you call me streamdinner or anything haha as long as I can recognize that you're referring to me it's okay~ I'm a she/her but I don't mind going by any other pronouns so don't worry about that :3

My timezone is FR+15, so EoTD will be at 8:50am for me. I'm on study break so I'll be up to study at 8:30 (hopefully) so I might get to post once or twice before day ends for last-minute votes but don't count on it. I'll try to vote before I go to bed but that depends on if I have a strong lean by then.

Sheeps make good lamb chops for lunch, so don't sheep unless you want my lunch vote :3

I support d1 lunches because I'm hungry and I want lunch~ Lynching is our only weapon against mafia and it helps us eliminate people we are suss of so we don't end up with being in a lylo with a lot of suspicious people, so I believe we should always lynch unless in special circumstances.
jghAv2V.png
Yo!!! Name's Himiko. I'm a chick (so she/her), and I like long walks on the beach. Anyways, it's actually night time for me (8 pm to be exact), but I should be able to participate quite often. Might not talk much since I'm pretty shy, but I can get a bit accusatory and competitive when it gets to games like this. I haven't actually played this version of Mafia before, but I have played a lot of Town of Salem. Though, due to my experiences with Town of Salem, I can be really iffy on D1 lynches unless proven otherwise. If it helps town more in this setting than ToS, then I'll gladly lynch D1. It's always been kind of a dream of mine to play a real Mafia game and not just ToS so this is refreshing! Though I imagine it can be a bit blinding at first... (sorry if it seems like I copied the user above in my intro, I'm just very new to this and have no idea what I'm doing.)
Yo!!! Name's Himiko. I'm a chick (so she/her), and I like long walks on the beach. Anyways, it's actually night time for me (8 pm to be exact), but I should be able to participate quite often. Might not talk much since I'm pretty shy, but I can get a bit accusatory and competitive when it gets to games like this. I haven't actually played this version of Mafia before, but I have played a lot of Town of Salem. Though, due to my experiences with Town of Salem, I can be really iffy on D1 lynches unless proven otherwise. If it helps town more in this setting than ToS, then I'll gladly lynch D1. It's always been kind of a dream of mine to play a real Mafia game and not just ToS so this is refreshing! Though I imagine it can be a bit blinding at first... (sorry if it seems like I copied the user above in my intro, I'm just very new to this and have no idea what I'm doing.)
sf13Wmt.png
@Himikothemage
Nonono that's okay!! Afaik a lot of people introduce themselves like this ((if you go even farther back in time people make questionnaires about these things)) so you're good~

Welcome to forum mafia~ It's really fun and hope you'll get to fall in love with it! Don't worry about being confused--for some people like me it takes a while to get a hang of the game so for my first few games I was literally a potato sitting around the thread not knowing what to say (but maybe that's just because I'm dumb and a piece of socially inept trash) :3

I might sound too enthusiastic, hopefully that doesn't make me intimidating haha. Haven't played mafia in a year so I'm v excited for this!
@Himikothemage
Nonono that's okay!! Afaik a lot of people introduce themselves like this ((if you go even farther back in time people make questionnaires about these things)) so you're good~

Welcome to forum mafia~ It's really fun and hope you'll get to fall in love with it! Don't worry about being confused--for some people like me it takes a while to get a hang of the game so for my first few games I was literally a potato sitting around the thread not knowing what to say (but maybe that's just because I'm dumb and a piece of socially inept trash) :3

I might sound too enthusiastic, hopefully that doesn't make me intimidating haha. Haven't played mafia in a year so I'm v excited for this!
jghAv2V.png
@StormDreamer
Don't worry your enthusiasm is very much appreciated! Helped my confidence a bit! I'm really excited to do this and I hope everyone has a fun time. I actually stopped playing Town of Salem about 7 months ago so this pretty refreshing to jump into. Hopefully, I'll do well and bring everyone to victory!
@StormDreamer
Don't worry your enthusiasm is very much appreciated! Helped my confidence a bit! I'm really excited to do this and I hope everyone has a fun time. I actually stopped playing Town of Salem about 7 months ago so this pretty refreshing to jump into. Hopefully, I'll do well and bring everyone to victory!
sf13Wmt.png
oh also because modgod has a rolecard and I'm wary
@Maithax can town win when you are alive at the end of the game?
oh also because modgod has a rolecard and I'm wary
@Maithax can town win when you are alive at the end of the game?
jghAv2V.png
@StormDreamer
Maybe...or maybe not
@StormDreamer
Maybe...or maybe not
tq6VrgN.png

Mai/Mat
he/they/it
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 120 121