Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Help Wanted - WaveSat CYOA - DONE
1 2 ... 45 46 47 48 49 ... 63 64
[MAGRRYW] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=896970] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/8970/896970_350.png[/img] [/url] Calypso quietly scanned the veritable circus of activity around her. She took a deep breath and attempted to focus; crowds were definitely not her cup of tea. Once again she turned to her logic to make a decision. The pottery stall was certain to have the largest variety of relevant wares, therefore it made the most sense to check there first for the item she sought. (C: Go to the source! Check out the pottery stall.)
[MAGRRYW]

896970_350.png

Calypso quietly scanned the veritable circus of activity around her. She took a deep breath and attempted to focus; crowds were definitely not her cup of tea. Once again she turned to her logic to make a decision. The pottery stall was certain to have the largest variety of relevant wares, therefore it made the most sense to check there first for the item she sought.

(C: Go to the source! Check out the pottery stall.)
All hail the Arcanist, for life would be hollow without magic.
TjcrwIq.png
[PATJLY3] (From the tiki bar)

So a Guardian walks into a booth... no, can't do that.

If the last place the patrol division's leader knows to look is Shady Joe's booth, then that's where Cynarea's going. And if she is immediately greeted by a Coatl of dubious sincerity, then she's just going to lower her head to his level and stare. And stare. Just, the most deliberately unresponsive look she can manage, for three minutes straight.

Cynarea breaks the staring contest when she hears the click of coins being deposited and swings her head up to search for its source. When she actually goes to look, the spotlight catches all her bright spots and gems, a sudden flare in the dark room.

She promptly decides to leave.

(C: Get out of there!)
[PATJLY3] (From the tiki bar)

So a Guardian walks into a booth... no, can't do that.

If the last place the patrol division's leader knows to look is Shady Joe's booth, then that's where Cynarea's going. And if she is immediately greeted by a Coatl of dubious sincerity, then she's just going to lower her head to his level and stare. And stare. Just, the most deliberately unresponsive look she can manage, for three minutes straight.

Cynarea breaks the staring contest when she hears the click of coins being deposited and swings her head up to search for its source. When she actually goes to look, the spotlight catches all her bright spots and gems, a sudden flare in the dark room.

She promptly decides to leave.

(C: Get out of there!)
fOSQCIF.pngFR+3zzLDnv4.png Stuff I write
[MAGR1]

Carulata thinks that the dowsing area would be the best bet for finding the rune scroll.

A: Ask at the dowsing area
[MAGR1]

Carulata thinks that the dowsing area would be the best bet for finding the rune scroll.

A: Ask at the dowsing area
@BlueTrillium I know you probably have way too much going on to read all your pings right now, but wow, you are a STAR for running this. I am seriously in awe of your organizational skills. Keep doing what you're doing, it's really fun!
@BlueTrillium I know you probably have way too much going on to read all your pings right now, but wow, you are a STAR for running this. I am seriously in awe of your organizational skills. Keep doing what you're doing, it's really fun!
((of course the second I post something else I get pinged. I hope this doesn't double post, then, LOL))

[PATJ7YT]

Joe's cackling sent shivers down Mithril's spine. What...what did that mean? Ohhh she hoped she hadn't made a wrong choice...she'd done so little gambling in her life (it was irresponsible!) but here was the one time she really needed it to work out and it--

Mithril was literally holding her breath as she watched the ball bounce around the wheel. When it nearly stopped at 13, she felt like the bottom dropped out of her stomach, but then it continued...to 7! Oh, Mithril could almost have fainted with relief, but she contented herself with a small smile over at Joe.

"I don't need a prize," she interrupted, as he turned to pick something out. "Not anything physical, anyway. I need information. It's a matter of honor. I need to know if you've seen or heard anything suspicious."

For the second time, sheer ice ran down Mithril's spine as the hissing tones of the other dragon said the word she most feared to hear: Serthis.

She barely remembered to mumble her thanks as she left to head back and tell the Snapper this new bit of information. She was in a daze, trying not to get lost in memories of the worst moments of her life.

"I...I don't particularly care for them, either," Mithril told her superior truthfully. She nodded, numbly, as she was told where to head next. She'd thought...it was silly, but she'd thought she was past the point where this would bother her. She'd made peace with her past, she'd--made peace with the Serthis, her memory of them--her side ached as spots of red appeared on the bandage hidden under her armor, and Mithril gritted her teeth. Before she knew it, though...

She was at Boardwalk Bragging.

[PATB1]

Mithril's heart was pounding in her ears and it was hard to concentrate. She shook her head, trying to clear it. She'd need her guard up around these other dragons. No sign of weakness. This was bigger than her past shame.

She picked a dragon nearly at random, and approached. "Hello! I was just wondering if you'd heard anything about any odd goings on at the festival. Maybe...masterless familiars wandering about, or something like that?" Her mind, now clearer, was working overtime. If there were Serthis and Longnecks...what if there were other members of the Beastclans around, too? Something was clearly going on, and as it was her job to find out what...she'd need as much information as possible.

C: the dark rippled Fae
((of course the second I post something else I get pinged. I hope this doesn't double post, then, LOL))

[PATJ7YT]

Joe's cackling sent shivers down Mithril's spine. What...what did that mean? Ohhh she hoped she hadn't made a wrong choice...she'd done so little gambling in her life (it was irresponsible!) but here was the one time she really needed it to work out and it--

Mithril was literally holding her breath as she watched the ball bounce around the wheel. When it nearly stopped at 13, she felt like the bottom dropped out of her stomach, but then it continued...to 7! Oh, Mithril could almost have fainted with relief, but she contented herself with a small smile over at Joe.

"I don't need a prize," she interrupted, as he turned to pick something out. "Not anything physical, anyway. I need information. It's a matter of honor. I need to know if you've seen or heard anything suspicious."

For the second time, sheer ice ran down Mithril's spine as the hissing tones of the other dragon said the word she most feared to hear: Serthis.

She barely remembered to mumble her thanks as she left to head back and tell the Snapper this new bit of information. She was in a daze, trying not to get lost in memories of the worst moments of her life.

"I...I don't particularly care for them, either," Mithril told her superior truthfully. She nodded, numbly, as she was told where to head next. She'd thought...it was silly, but she'd thought she was past the point where this would bother her. She'd made peace with her past, she'd--made peace with the Serthis, her memory of them--her side ached as spots of red appeared on the bandage hidden under her armor, and Mithril gritted her teeth. Before she knew it, though...

She was at Boardwalk Bragging.

[PATB1]

Mithril's heart was pounding in her ears and it was hard to concentrate. She shook her head, trying to clear it. She'd need her guard up around these other dragons. No sign of weakness. This was bigger than her past shame.

She picked a dragon nearly at random, and approached. "Hello! I was just wondering if you'd heard anything about any odd goings on at the festival. Maybe...masterless familiars wandering about, or something like that?" Her mind, now clearer, was working overtime. If there were Serthis and Longnecks...what if there were other members of the Beastclans around, too? Something was clearly going on, and as it was her job to find out what...she'd need as much information as possible.

C: the dark rippled Fae
[b][MAGDEY][/b] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/94840/9483913_350.png?mtime=VLVmagACsOQ.png[/img] Ezekiel smiles kindly at the Pearlcatcher upon the conclusion of her act and drops some coins in her tray before inquiring about the dish. He doubts any dish he could find elsewhere would be quite so perfectly circular with total certainty and so he puts a considerable amount of effort into convincing her to sell him the plate. He thanks her wholeheartedly and heads back to the mage division leader. Glad that she is so pleased, he smiles slightly and picks his next task, already having planned which one to tackle. "The scroll of runes, if you don't mind." [b]B: Time to seek out the scroll of runes[/b] Upon seeing the great number of different fortune tellers, Ezekiel sighs. "Oh..." As he walks among them, examining each thoughtfully, he decides that his best option would probably be to approach the rune draw booth, since at least their area of expertise is related to the item in question. Still... he's always been intrigued by tarot cards as a personal interest. It couldn't hurt to just take a look there first...right? And who knows, perhaps it would be the correct place after all. [b]C: Seek out a tarot reader[/b]
[MAGDEY]
9483913_350.png?mtime=VLVmagACsOQ.png

Ezekiel smiles kindly at the Pearlcatcher upon the conclusion of her act and drops some coins in her tray before inquiring about the dish. He doubts any dish he could find elsewhere would be quite so perfectly circular with total certainty and so he puts a considerable amount of effort into convincing her to sell him the plate. He thanks her wholeheartedly and heads back to the mage division leader.

Glad that she is so pleased, he smiles slightly and picks his next task, already having planned which one to tackle.

"The scroll of runes, if you don't mind."

B: Time to seek out the scroll of runes

Upon seeing the great number of different fortune tellers, Ezekiel sighs. "Oh..." As he walks among them, examining each thoughtfully, he decides that his best option would probably be to approach the rune draw booth, since at least their area of expertise is related to the item in question. Still... he's always been intrigued by tarot cards as a personal interest. It couldn't hurt to just take a look there first...right? And who knows, perhaps it would be the correct place after all.

C: Seek out a tarot reader
v0fa5JY.png
[PATTEN]
or [PATTENB] - [PATTENJ] - [PATTEN3]

(from [PATT1])

You definitely found a good listening spot, for what it's worth. Unfortunately, the snippets of gossip that come your way don't sound useful at all. Nothing sounds like any sort of threat to anyone, much less the Saturnalia festival. Not even the slightest bit!

It's disappointing, but you can't stay here forever in the hopes of something turning up. You finish your drink and head back to the snapper with your lack of news.

[PATTEN] (if this is your first task)

"Well, I suppose that was a long shot," he admitted, gruffly sympathetic. "After all, if I was plotting something, I probably wouldn't trot it out in public where anybody could overhear. Well, let's try something else then. Where do you want to go next?"

A: Let's go to boardwalk bragging!
B: Shady Joe sounds like a good bet

(Go right ahead to the linked destination of your choice! ^_^)

Pinging:

[PATTENB] (if you just finished the boardwalk bragging task)

"Gleaning information at the bar is always chancy," he sympathizes. "Don't worry about it. For all we know there was nothing to hear. Looks like the only place left to try is Shady Joe."

A: Let's go to Shady Joe

Pinging:

[PATTENJ] (if you just finished the shady joe task)

"Hmm, well it was worth a shot. Thank you for checking - I've just got one more place for you to try."

A: Time to check boardwalk bragging

Pinging: @SunstonePhoenix

[PATTEN3] (if this is your last task)

"Not to worry; you never know when there's something to hear, and equally you never know when there's nothing to hear. Good job checking out all the locations. I'll compile the information and send it out, and before too long we ought to hear something back."

(Proceed on to [PATEND])

Pinging: @StrykeSlammerII
[PATTEN]
or [PATTENB] - [PATTENJ] - [PATTEN3]

(from [PATT1])

You definitely found a good listening spot, for what it's worth. Unfortunately, the snippets of gossip that come your way don't sound useful at all. Nothing sounds like any sort of threat to anyone, much less the Saturnalia festival. Not even the slightest bit!

It's disappointing, but you can't stay here forever in the hopes of something turning up. You finish your drink and head back to the snapper with your lack of news.

[PATTEN] (if this is your first task)

"Well, I suppose that was a long shot," he admitted, gruffly sympathetic. "After all, if I was plotting something, I probably wouldn't trot it out in public where anybody could overhear. Well, let's try something else then. Where do you want to go next?"

A: Let's go to boardwalk bragging!
B: Shady Joe sounds like a good bet

Pinging:

[PATTENB] (if you just finished the boardwalk bragging task)

"Gleaning information at the bar is always chancy," he sympathizes. "Don't worry about it. For all we know there was nothing to hear. Looks like the only place left to try is Shady Joe."

A: Let's go to Shady Joe

Pinging:

[PATTENJ] (if you just finished the shady joe task)

"Hmm, well it was worth a shot. Thank you for checking - I've just got one more place for you to try."

A: Time to check boardwalk bragging

Pinging: @SunstonePhoenix

[PATTEN3] (if this is your last task)

"Not to worry; you never know when there's something to hear, and equally you never know when there's nothing to hear. Good job checking out all the locations. I'll compile the information and send it out, and before too long we ought to hear something back."

(Proceed on to [PATEND])

Pinging: @StrykeSlammerII
Come to the dork side. Do not make me de-story you. Image © Diaktoros
DriftAwayBanner_zpsd03e0e45.jpg tumblr_om7wmtaZKm1w2diclo1_100.png
DNOE36T.png
(water-only links)
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7730163] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/77302/7730163_350.png[/img] [/url] [b][PATJTYB][/b] Lily left Joe's with a thoughtful look on her face as she tried to puzzle it all out. Serthis [i]and[/i] Harpies? If they were working together, that could be really worrisome news. And if there were so many of them instead of just a few, perhaps what they were planning on stealing was massive? [b][PATT1][/b] The mirror was perfectly happy with getting assigned the Tiki Bar as her next area to investigate. All this running around was making her rather thirsty, so it would be great to grab herself something to drink. Maybe blending in would be the best way to gather information anyways. ....Especialy if the boss was paying~ Once there she headed straight up to the bar to get herself said drink, and gulped it down happily as she surveyed the area, trying to plan her best move. Realizing that she had a surprsingly good view of the space from the bar, plus with everyone coming and going, the bar tender had to have the best idea of what might be going on. Catching the dragon's attention and ordering another drink, she quickly dropped a few extra bits of treasure on the bar before taking the glass from them. "See or hear anything interesting lately?" she asked curiously, holding a couple more coins between her claws enticingly. [b]((A))[/b]

7730163_350.png

[PATJTYB]

Lily left Joe's with a thoughtful look on her face as she tried to puzzle it all out. Serthis and Harpies? If they were working together, that could be really worrisome news. And if there were so many of them instead of just a few, perhaps what they were planning on stealing was massive?

[PATT1]
The mirror was perfectly happy with getting assigned the Tiki Bar as her next area to investigate. All this running around was making her rather thirsty, so it would be great to grab herself something to drink. Maybe blending in would be the best way to gather information anyways.

....Especialy if the boss was paying~

Once there she headed straight up to the bar to get herself said drink, and gulped it down happily as she surveyed the area, trying to plan her best move. Realizing that she had a surprsingly good view of the space from the bar, plus with everyone coming and going, the bar tender had to have the best idea of what might be going on.

Catching the dragon's attention and ordering another drink, she quickly dropped a few extra bits of treasure on the bar before taking the glass from them. "See or hear anything interesting lately?" she asked curiously, holding a couple more coins between her claws enticingly. ((A))
tumblr_ntxrqoqrD01sk2f1lo1_500.png
[MAGWT]
Finding the tavern was easy. A quick flight and glance around for masses of stumbling dragons. Than a swooping dive to the front of the tavern. Getting a drink was a different matter entirely. The cramped quarters and throngs of drunken dragons made movement almost impossible for the normally solitary dragon. the constant pushes and shoves every few seconds raised his ire slowly but surely building it up to volcanic proportions. And the wait was too long, much too long, he did not think he could contain it for the amount of time it would take to reach the front of the crowd. The other dragons, there for the more obvious pleasures of the bar, were a bit too quick to try to make friends as well. Most of them steered clear after seeing the distaste evident in his eyes and hearing the almost constant low growl emanating from the green guardians mouth. But the line was still not moving at a fast enough pace. The song started to get more chaotic. "I hope you're not planning on doing anything rash..." The voice whispered. "Not rash, necessary. And my mind is made up at this point. You know you can't stop me." "Fine then, do what you must" A deafening roar ripped through the crowd. Stilling the song and turning all eyes in the crowded room toward KRshinthintl. "I'm here on a mission from the mages. I require the nearest bartender and would appreciate compliance on this request. Kindly make way, or I shall make my own way through you!" The crowd parted allowing the enraged KRshinthintl through. as he walked conversation slowly resumed behind him. Upon reaching the bar the bartender turned to KRshinthintl and spoke. "You must be in quite a hurry, what can I get you?" "One glass of Armageddon Absinthe in a flask to go." the bartender winked "So its the hard stuff for you. I'll be right back, we don't keep drinks like that on tap." The voice spoke up once again. "I truly hope that Fred enjoys vivid hallucinations..." "If he doesn't then we can always go back to plan one and just take the bottle from his unconscious body." After another minute of waiting the bartender returned with a simple flask and handed it over the counter. "Enjoy your drink!" KRshinthintl grunted and walked back toward the waiting ridgeback. Exiting the bar was much easier when everyone else stayed as far away as they could.

[MAGW1]
KRshinthintl gave the strange ridgeback a quick once over, eyes alighting on the oddly glowing bottle. The temptation to simply grab it and run was almost overwhelming, all he had to do was grab it and fly off with it in his hands. It was almost too easy. "You shouldn't do that! It might be a trap. and even if it isn't, you don't want to get in any more trouble with town guards. We both remember what happened last time you succumbed." KRshinthintl let out a sigh. The voice was right, as always. And it would be a better deal for him if he could walk out of this with both the water and the money without incurring the wrath of anyone uninvolved. "Well then, Mr.Fred was it? What is this task you speak of?"
[A:The task]
[MAGWT]
Finding the tavern was easy. A quick flight and glance around for masses of stumbling dragons. Than a swooping dive to the front of the tavern. Getting a drink was a different matter entirely. The cramped quarters and throngs of drunken dragons made movement almost impossible for the normally solitary dragon. the constant pushes and shoves every few seconds raised his ire slowly but surely building it up to volcanic proportions. And the wait was too long, much too long, he did not think he could contain it for the amount of time it would take to reach the front of the crowd. The other dragons, there for the more obvious pleasures of the bar, were a bit too quick to try to make friends as well. Most of them steered clear after seeing the distaste evident in his eyes and hearing the almost constant low growl emanating from the green guardians mouth. But the line was still not moving at a fast enough pace. The song started to get more chaotic. "I hope you're not planning on doing anything rash..." The voice whispered. "Not rash, necessary. And my mind is made up at this point. You know you can't stop me." "Fine then, do what you must" A deafening roar ripped through the crowd. Stilling the song and turning all eyes in the crowded room toward KRshinthintl. "I'm here on a mission from the mages. I require the nearest bartender and would appreciate compliance on this request. Kindly make way, or I shall make my own way through you!" The crowd parted allowing the enraged KRshinthintl through. as he walked conversation slowly resumed behind him. Upon reaching the bar the bartender turned to KRshinthintl and spoke. "You must be in quite a hurry, what can I get you?" "One glass of Armageddon Absinthe in a flask to go." the bartender winked "So its the hard stuff for you. I'll be right back, we don't keep drinks like that on tap." The voice spoke up once again. "I truly hope that Fred enjoys vivid hallucinations..." "If he doesn't then we can always go back to plan one and just take the bottle from his unconscious body." After another minute of waiting the bartender returned with a simple flask and handed it over the counter. "Enjoy your drink!" KRshinthintl grunted and walked back toward the waiting ridgeback. Exiting the bar was much easier when everyone else stayed as far away as they could.

[MAGW1]
KRshinthintl gave the strange ridgeback a quick once over, eyes alighting on the oddly glowing bottle. The temptation to simply grab it and run was almost overwhelming, all he had to do was grab it and fly off with it in his hands. It was almost too easy. "You shouldn't do that! It might be a trap. and even if it isn't, you don't want to get in any more trouble with town guards. We both remember what happened last time you succumbed." KRshinthintl let out a sigh. The voice was right, as always. And it would be a better deal for him if he could walk out of this with both the water and the money without incurring the wrath of anyone uninvolved. "Well then, Mr.Fred was it? What is this task you speak of?"
[A:The task]
[b][PATJTYT] [/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=10673815] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/106739/10673815_350.png[/img] [/url] Somehow Inkdrop had a feeling unlucky thirteen would turn out to be her lucky number. [b]A: It's time to visit boardwalk bragging[/b] [b][PATB1][/b] Now at the boardwalk she considered who she should talk to. She was getting a little tired of talking to strangers. It would have been nice if she had a friend with her right now... oh well. Too late now. And she couldn't just abandon her mission. She at first was drawn to the nocturne draped in veils, most likely because she was a nocturne herself (At least she sort of was). But Inkdrop didn't like the way the nocturne held herself. She looked too flashy, too confident. She reminded her of a nasty arrogant guardian that lived in her clan. Maybe it was wrong of Inkdrop to judge the other dragon just by her looks, but she didn't like the feeling of this dragon. She considered talking to the dark rippled fae too, but it still didn't strike her as the right decision. Finally she decided to talk to the scarred skydancer. They may have looked intimidating, but sometimes the most scarred individuals were the most honest. Or at least in Inkdrop's experience they were. Hopefully her instincts won't let her down. [b]A: The scarred white skydancer [/b]
[PATJTYT]

10673815_350.png

Somehow Inkdrop had a feeling unlucky thirteen would turn out to be her lucky number.

A: It's time to visit boardwalk bragging

[PATB1]
Now at the boardwalk she considered who she should talk to. She was getting a little tired of talking to strangers. It would have been nice if she had a friend with her right now... oh well. Too late now. And she couldn't just abandon her mission.

She at first was drawn to the nocturne draped in veils, most likely because she was a nocturne herself (At least she sort of was). But Inkdrop didn't like the way the nocturne held herself. She looked too flashy, too confident. She reminded her of a nasty arrogant guardian that lived in her clan. Maybe it was wrong of Inkdrop to judge the other dragon just by her looks, but she didn't like the feeling of this dragon.

She considered talking to the dark rippled fae too, but it still didn't strike her as the right decision.

Finally she decided to talk to the scarred skydancer. They may have looked intimidating, but sometimes the most scarred individuals were the most honest. Or at least in Inkdrop's experience they were.

Hopefully her instincts won't let her down.

A: The scarred white skydancer
sZShZzW.pngAgsJvab.pngasexual.pngbisexual.pngnon-binary.pngB8_R.pngT16.png
Hex0gCq.png
1 2 ... 45 46 47 48 49 ... 63 64