Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Weekend Writings
I finally made a thread for my stuff. The title is somewhat misleading; this thread will be for all creative works.

This post reserved to put pinglists on.
I finally made a thread for my stuff. The title is somewhat misleading; this thread will be for all creative works.

This post reserved to put pinglists on.
fOSQCIF.pngFR+3zzLDnv4.png Stuff I write
"Drake's not dead while his words are still spoken."

It was a Nocturne who said it first, I think. You'll hear it anywhere there's been Nocs around for more than two generations.

I never really believed it. Dead is dead, and that's the end of it.

Then I killed Miran. Now, I - I'd better go back.

Everyone knew Miran. Everyone could talk to Miran, he would always listen, and I mean really listen. He would just look at you like he saw everything you wanted to be and say, "And then what?"

Just like that.

I couldn't say why I killed him, now. I don't know if I could have then. But I did it, and then I thought things were[/i] better[/i].

I was wrong about that.

After he died, Nira didn't stop talking for days. Not to anyone, just trying to fill the void. I could sympathize, a little, but mostly I didn't understand what had happened.

She started hearing people again a couple weeks later, started talking to the hatchlings. She hadn't dealt in the present before Miran died, not as the archivist to his chronicler, but she learned quickly enough when she needed to.

One day Skimmer came up to her on his clumsy little paws, said Kuhta was framing him for the ruined painting. (Don't ask me about Kuhta's side, I never heard it.)

Nira just sat there and heard him out, listened to his side of the story, and then asked "And thenwhat?"

I ran like a rabbit.

Didn't help. The whole clan would ask that question when someone finished their story, and I ran every time. Eventually just packed up and left.

We're a clan of messengers. Anywhere I went, I would eventually have come back and heard it again. And again.

Drake's not dead while his words are still spoken.

He isn't dead.

He isn't dead.

AN: Based on this.

And a few things that weren't explicity said: Miran's a Pearlcatcher. Nira's a Nocturne. The narrator is male, and in the medium size range for breed. Skimmer and Kuhta are both Imperial hatchlings.
"Drake's not dead while his words are still spoken."

It was a Nocturne who said it first, I think. You'll hear it anywhere there's been Nocs around for more than two generations.

I never really believed it. Dead is dead, and that's the end of it.

Then I killed Miran. Now, I - I'd better go back.

Everyone knew Miran. Everyone could talk to Miran, he would always listen, and I mean really listen. He would just look at you like he saw everything you wanted to be and say, "And then what?"

Just like that.

I couldn't say why I killed him, now. I don't know if I could have then. But I did it, and then I thought things were[/i] better[/i].

I was wrong about that.

After he died, Nira didn't stop talking for days. Not to anyone, just trying to fill the void. I could sympathize, a little, but mostly I didn't understand what had happened.

She started hearing people again a couple weeks later, started talking to the hatchlings. She hadn't dealt in the present before Miran died, not as the archivist to his chronicler, but she learned quickly enough when she needed to.

One day Skimmer came up to her on his clumsy little paws, said Kuhta was framing him for the ruined painting. (Don't ask me about Kuhta's side, I never heard it.)

Nira just sat there and heard him out, listened to his side of the story, and then asked "And thenwhat?"

I ran like a rabbit.

Didn't help. The whole clan would ask that question when someone finished their story, and I ran every time. Eventually just packed up and left.

We're a clan of messengers. Anywhere I went, I would eventually have come back and heard it again. And again.

Drake's not dead while his words are still spoken.

He isn't dead.

He isn't dead.

AN: Based on this.

And a few things that weren't explicity said: Miran's a Pearlcatcher. Nira's a Nocturne. The narrator is male, and in the medium size range for breed. Skimmer and Kuhta are both Imperial hatchlings.
All my Pokefusions done for 2016's Gala. [quote name="SaturdayLemon" date=2016-01-17 17:25:44] [img]http://images.alexonsager.net/pokemon/fused/109/109.17.png[/img] [b]Name:[/b] Calvatianth (Pidgfing) [b]Also Known As:[/b] Puffed Pokémon [b]Type:[/b] Poison/Normal [b]Description:[/b] Calvatianth is seen as maliciously intelligent by the bouldering community, as it often appears before those who least need to inhale the spores it spews from its "beak." In fact, the glaring eyes are merely markings, and this Pokemon has very little brain tissue. [/quote] [quote name="SaturdayLemon" date=2016-01-18 10:28:44] [img]http://images.alexonsager.net/pokemon/fused/128/128.77.png[/img] [b]Name:[/b] Ligbogger (Ponyros) [b]Also Known As:[/b] Smouldering Pokemon [b]Type:[/b] Ground/Fire [b]Description:[/b] Ligbogger prowls in mineshafts and landfills, turning up flammable materials with its wedge-shaped snout and burning them in its mane. It will fight any piece of heavy machinery it sees. [/quote] [quote name="SaturdayLemon" date=2016-01-19 15:12:46] [img]http://images.alexonsager.net/pokemon/fused/130/130.41.png[/img] [b]Name:[/b] Leviafang (Zudos) [b]Also Known As:[/b] Devil Serpent Pokémon (there's no way that's getting through translation) [b]Type:[/b] Water/Dark [b]Description:[/b] It chews through everything in its path. Ships, coral, islands; all fall before the beast. [/quote] [quote name="SaturdayLemon" date=2016-01-20 15:51:37] [img]http://images.alexonsager.net/pokemon/fused/147/147.82.png[/img] [b]Name:[/b] Lambtonris (Magnetini) [b]Also Known As:[/b] Computer Worm Pokemon [b]Type:[/b] Electric [b]Description:[/b] First discovered in the Pokémon Transfer system, copies of Lambtonris have since spread everywhere. They are all incredibly annoying. [/quote][quote name="SaturdayLemon" date=2016-01-21 15:46:30] [img]http://images.alexonsager.net/pokemon/fused/137/137.143.png[/img] [b]Name:[/b] Newtonne (Snorgon) [b]Also Known As:[/b] Paperweight Pokemon [b]Type:[/b] Normal/Steel [b]Description:[/b] This Pokémon will sit anywhere its base will fit, especially on top of stacks of paper. Given how rapidly society is going paperless, it's a little past its time. [/quote] [quote name="SaturdayLemon" date=2016-01-22 15:48:22] [img]http://images.alexonsager.net/pokemon/fused/26/26.67.png[/img] [b]Name:[/b] Musculus (Machu) [b]Also Known As:[/b] Anklebiter Pokemon [b]Type:[/b] Ground/Fighting [b]Description:[/b] This Pokémon divides its time between hollowing out elaborate networks of tunnels and chambers, and punching intruders. (Found in the Underground, or caves) [/quote] [quote name="SaturdayLemon" date=2016-01-23 18:53:04] [img]http://images.alexonsager.net/pokemon/fused/85/85.45.png[/img] [b]Name:[/b]:Triplicut (Viledrio) [b]Also Known As:[/b] Flagellate Pokémon [b]Type:[/b] Poison [b]Description:[/b] It moves by using its three necks as a propeller, which is really the last thing you need a toxic bird-thing to do. [/quote]
All my Pokefusions done for 2016's Gala.
SaturdayLemon wrote on 2016-01-17:
109.17.png
Name: Calvatianth (Pidgfing)
Also Known As: Puffed Pokémon
Type: Poison/Normal
Description: Calvatianth is seen as maliciously intelligent by the bouldering community, as it often appears before those who least need to inhale the spores it spews from its "beak." In fact, the glaring eyes are merely markings, and this Pokemon has very little brain tissue.
SaturdayLemon wrote on 2016-01-18:
128.77.png
Name: Ligbogger (Ponyros)
Also Known As: Smouldering Pokemon
Type: Ground/Fire
Description: Ligbogger prowls in mineshafts and landfills, turning up flammable materials with its wedge-shaped snout and burning them in its mane. It will fight any piece of heavy machinery it sees.
SaturdayLemon wrote on 2016-01-19:
130.41.png
Name: Leviafang (Zudos)
Also Known As: Devil Serpent Pokémon (there's no way that's getting through translation)
Type: Water/Dark
Description: It chews through everything in its path. Ships, coral, islands; all fall before the beast.
SaturdayLemon wrote on 2016-01-20:
147.82.png
Name: Lambtonris (Magnetini)
Also Known As: Computer Worm Pokemon
Type: Electric
Description: First discovered in the Pokémon Transfer system, copies of Lambtonris have since spread everywhere. They are all incredibly annoying.
SaturdayLemon wrote on 2016-01-21:
137.143.png
Name: Newtonne (Snorgon)
Also Known As: Paperweight Pokemon
Type: Normal/Steel
Description: This Pokémon will sit anywhere its base will fit, especially on top of stacks of paper. Given how rapidly society is going paperless, it's a little past its time.
SaturdayLemon wrote on 2016-01-22:
26.67.png
Name: Musculus (Machu)
Also Known As: Anklebiter Pokemon
Type: Ground/Fighting
Description: This Pokémon divides its time between hollowing out elaborate networks of tunnels and chambers, and punching intruders. (Found in the Underground, or caves)
SaturdayLemon wrote on 2016-01-23:
85.45.png
Name::Triplicut (Viledrio)
Also Known As: Flagellate Pokémon
Type: Poison
Description: It moves by using its three necks as a propeller, which is really the last thing you need a toxic bird-thing to do.