Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Scrying Workshop Lore Game
1 2 3 4
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/1oRuZTW.png[/img][/center] [size=5]W[/size]elcome, one and all, to a [b]writing game[/b] governed by randomness that promises to be a lot of fun! Are you ready to put to the test this [b]lore writing[/b] skill of yours? Ready to comply with the silliness that can result from the [b]Scrying Workshop[/b]? Then, you've come to the right place! Ready, set, [b]write[/b]! [indent][size=5][font=arial][b][color=#731d08]R [i]U L E S[/i][/color][/b][/font][/size][/indent] ------------------------- [LIST] [*] Visit the [b]Scrying Workshop[/b] under [b]Predict Morphology[/b] and refresh three times. The generated dragon will be your muse for the game! [*] [b]Write[/b] a paragraph of lore for that specific dragon and [b]post[/b] it underneath with a picture of the scry that you got! [i]If you so wish, you can challenge another player by tagging them at the end of your post! However, please respect other players's choice to join in or not, and do not abuse of the option![/i] [/LIST] -------------------- [size=5]I[/size]t's as simple as that! Are you all ready? Then let's write some lore, people! [center][size=2]P.S.: [i][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2507865/3#post_35381872]Challenge coming soon[/url]! Keep an eye out! There will be a ping list for those that desire to partake in the challenge once it becomes a thing.[/i][/size][/center]
1oRuZTW.png
Welcome, one and all, to a writing game governed by randomness that promises to be a lot of fun! Are you ready to put to the test this lore writing skill of yours? Ready to comply with the silliness that can result from the Scrying Workshop? Then, you've come to the right place! Ready, set, write!

R U L E S

• Visit the Scrying Workshop under Predict Morphology and refresh three times. The generated dragon will be your muse for the game!
  • Write a paragraph of lore for that specific dragon and post it underneath with a picture of the scry that you got!

If you so wish, you can challenge another player by tagging them at the end of your post! However, please respect other players's choice to join in or not, and do not abuse of the option!

It's as simple as that! Are you all ready? Then let's write some lore, people!

P.S.: Challenge coming soon!
Keep an eye out! There will be a ping list for those that
desire to partake in the challenge once it becomes a thing.

4358.png

Sara
Scrying Workshop Lore Writing Game
I was gonna refresh three times, but this boy popped up on my [i]first[/i] try, and dude, I was [i]inspired[/i]. [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=34&bodygene=24&breed=4&element=10&eyetype=3&gender=0&tert=125&tertgene=14&winggene=6&wings=125&auth=1f132b2d930cb184cb6280bf23a1efcebc39263d&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] Nature is tied so closely to the earth. But have you ever wondered why all things in nature grow [i]up[/i] instead of down? The trees exemplify this best of all, always reaching up to the stars. Sunlight fuels them, lends them energy.... The sun is also a star. And all stars have magic of their own. Enough magic flowing through one tree, and in time, it becomes strong enough to bear fruit. And with enough magic, the fruit it bears may be...unusual. It's time. The fruit has fallen, and now it splits apart from within. In place of a pit, there is a perfect white pearl. And curled around it is something that glitters with the light of many stars. It moves. A green eye opens and takes its first look at the world.
I was gonna refresh three times, but this boy popped up on my first try, and dude, I was inspired.
dragon?age=0&body=34&bodygene=24&breed=4&element=10&eyetype=3&gender=0&tert=125&tertgene=14&winggene=6&wings=125&auth=1f132b2d930cb184cb6280bf23a1efcebc39263d&dummyext=prev.png
Nature is tied so closely to the earth. But have you ever wondered why all things in nature grow up instead of down? The trees exemplify this best of all, always reaching up to the stars. Sunlight fuels them, lends them energy....

The sun is also a star. And all stars have magic of their own. Enough magic flowing through one tree, and in time, it becomes strong enough to bear fruit. And with enough magic, the fruit it bears may be...unusual.

It's time. The fruit has fallen, and now it splits apart from within. In place of a pit, there is a perfect white pearl. And curled around it is something that glitters with the light of many stars. It moves. A green eye opens and takes its first look at the world.
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!

@Disillusionist Oh my oh my, Wow. First ever post in the thread and it's already amazing. I love him so much! You did him more than justice :O

@Disillusionist Oh my oh my, Wow. First ever post in the thread and it's already amazing. I love him so much! You did him more than justice :O
4358.png

Sara
[columns][img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=154&bodygene=22&breed=12&element=6&eyetype=2&gender=0&tert=114&tertgene=4&winggene=13&wings=95&auth=62fe37d34ca78cf324799eef9aacc4d613c829ee&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [center][b]Thalt[/b] Camo Pinstripe Taupe Butterfly Amethyst Gembond Unusual Ice[/center] [nextcol] After an unfortunate run in with an Onyx Cobra, Thalt quickly sprouted a brilliant coating of gembond jewels. They capture the cold of the Southern Icefield a little too well, and often give him a nasty bit of frostbite should he stay out in the snow for too long. Because of this, he works inside by the fire, cooking and sewing furs together for others to wear. He lives with a small army of Squall Rasa, and has become a well-known breeder of them. [center][item=onyx cobra][item=squall rasa][/center] ----- @TygerTyger Are you ready to write some lore???
dragon?age=1&body=154&bodygene=22&breed=12&element=6&eyetype=2&gender=0&tert=114&tertgene=4&winggene=13&wings=95&auth=62fe37d34ca78cf324799eef9aacc4d613c829ee&dummyext=prev.png
Thalt

Camo Pinstripe
Taupe Butterfly
Amethyst Gembond
Unusual Ice
After an unfortunate run in with an Onyx Cobra, Thalt quickly sprouted a brilliant coating of gembond jewels. They capture the cold of the Southern Icefield a little too well, and often give him a nasty bit of frostbite should he stay out in the snow for too long. Because of this, he works inside by the fire, cooking and sewing furs together for others to wear. He lives with a small army of Squall Rasa, and has become a well-known breeder of them.

Onyx Cobra Squall Rasa

@TygerTyger Are you ready to write some lore???
tumblr_otmyhkjv3F1v8lm95o2_75sq.png
tumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o2_r2_250.gif
tumblr_otmyhkjv3F1v8lm95o1_75sq.png
@Kalt Thank you so much! I'm now sorely tempted to start a breeding project for that boy, but I've already got too many projects going. I might do it in the future if I can't shake him out of my head, though. xD

@gbot13 Aaaaww, that's adorable! I really like the part about him breeding Squall Rasa and having an army of them. <3

@After @awaicu @Barrdwing Found a writing exercise! It might help if we're stuck in lore ruts again. xD
@Kalt Thank you so much! I'm now sorely tempted to start a breeding project for that boy, but I've already got too many projects going. I might do it in the future if I can't shake him out of my head, though. xD

@gbot13 Aaaaww, that's adorable! I really like the part about him breeding Squall Rasa and having an army of them. <3

@After @awaicu @Barrdwing Found a writing exercise! It might help if we're stuck in lore ruts again. xD
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
[size=1] Hi, @gbot13! You know I am! As long as it's not my own! ;D[/size] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=48&bodygene=24&breed=7&element=2&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=45&tertgene=21&winggene=23&wings=115&auth=9e532cb53e4a8bb841237217c2fe0d152553e577&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [center]The day one of Triton's clanmates returned from the trading hub with her once plain wings spotted in freckles changed his life. It was from that moment on that he became obsessed with body modification and all of the possibilities it brought. Triton trained as a tattoo artist, practicing by inking stars and constellations into his own hide. Eventually, he joined a shop as the junior artist under two skilled dragons and was able to live out his dream. Recently, a new craze has swept Sornieth: gilded metal implants running along the dragons' bodies. Dazzled by this new trend, Triton convinced his senior partners to offer the modification, using himself as a guinea pig. While his gilding is only half-complete at the moment he loves the results and can't wait to finish the piece and offer the mod to other dragons![/center] @Kallisti You want to ignore your own lore and go on a creative writing tangent?
Hi, @gbot13! You know I am! As long as it's not my own! ;D

dragon?age=1&body=48&bodygene=24&breed=7&element=2&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=45&tertgene=21&winggene=23&wings=115&auth=9e532cb53e4a8bb841237217c2fe0d152553e577&dummyext=prev.png
The day one of Triton's clanmates returned from the trading hub with her once plain wings spotted in freckles changed his life. It was from that moment on that he became obsessed with body modification and all of the possibilities it brought. Triton trained as a tattoo artist, practicing by inking stars and constellations into his own hide. Eventually, he joined a shop as the junior artist under two skilled dragons and was able to live out his dream. Recently, a new craze has swept Sornieth: gilded metal implants running along the dragons' bodies. Dazzled by this new trend, Triton convinced his senior partners to offer the modification, using himself as a guinea pig. While his gilding is only half-complete at the moment he loves the results and can't wait to finish the piece and offer the mod to other dragons!

@Kallisti You want to ignore your own lore and go on a creative writing tangent?
NLdJQtw.png
[columns][img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=73&bodygene=23&breed=9&element=4&eyetype=4&gender=1&tert=137&tertgene=17&winggene=12&wings=68&auth=afce6646b88e1b3555606f57be2d998b55b2fea1&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [center]Remi [size=2][i]Mauve , Heather, Fog[/i][/size][/center] [nextcol]Accidentally found in a nest of seaweed, hidden away deep underneath the waves of the ocean, Remi's egg was quickly recognized as one of a kind once it was brought up to the surface by a curious Skydancer. Entirely covered in pink sea anemones and strange purple crystals it was hard to discern the element that governed it, even if attempts at removing the sea life on it were made. The only discernible thing from it was its strong magical aura, one that glowed in the dark like a beacon in the deep of the night. Intrigued, the Skydancer vowed to hatch the egg and raise the hatchling as its own, and so it did as a young Snapper joined the world a few months after the find. Covered in crystals as her egg had been, her blind eyes betrayed her connection to the water, just as her particular liking of pink anemones did. [/columns] [center][size=2] Here's my try! Quite surprised by how gorgeous she is, honestly! What a wonderful random scry![/size][/center]
dragon?age=1&body=73&bodygene=23&breed=9&element=4&eyetype=4&gender=1&tert=137&tertgene=17&winggene=12&wings=68&auth=afce6646b88e1b3555606f57be2d998b55b2fea1&dummyext=prev.png
Remi
Mauve , Heather, Fog
Accidentally found in a nest of seaweed, hidden away deep underneath the waves of the ocean, Remi's egg was quickly recognized as one of a kind once it was brought up to the surface by a curious Skydancer. Entirely covered in pink sea anemones and strange purple crystals it was hard to discern the element that governed it, even if attempts at removing the sea life on it were made. The only discernible thing from it was its strong magical aura, one that glowed in the dark like a beacon in the deep of the night. Intrigued, the Skydancer vowed to hatch the egg and raise the hatchling as its own, and so it did as a young Snapper joined the world a few months after the find. Covered in crystals as her egg had been, her blind eyes betrayed her connection to the water, just as her particular liking of pink anemones did.

Here's my try! Quite surprised by how gorgeous she is, honestly! What a wonderful random scry!
4358.png

Sara
@Venusian - Pinging myself so I don’t lose this! I’m going to give this a shot next time I’m at my computer. ^^
@Venusian - Pinging myself so I don’t lose this! I’m going to give this a shot next time I’m at my computer. ^^
2db8adadca3ef8633cbd21fe5b445b5d349eabdb.png
[img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=177&bodygene=1&breed=8&element=11&eyetype=6&gender=0&tert=87&tertgene=19&winggene=21&wings=116&auth=a43e59e07f301fe12a02972818f764b2c53aeb66&dummyext=prev.png[/img] “Blood on stone. Blood on stone. Warrior triumphant, blood on stone--” [b]SPLAT.[/b] Genghis waited until the worst of the hot fluid had run down into his beard, then opened his eyes cautiously, hearing the furious sizzle as the flames caught the drips from his brow. The stench of burning wreathed his head, making him cough. He surveyed the mess in front of him, noting the gouts of crimson splashed across the stone table, the floor, the rough surface of the wall. Almost absently, his long tongue slicked out and began cleaning the hot sticky drips off of his cheeks and whiskers. “Well [i]that[/i] wasn’t supposed to happen,” he rasped to himself. He’d gotten used to the sound of his own voice, it being the only one he heard these days. With an impatient wave of his wing he dispelled the worst of the smoke, and leaned toward the battered, grimy book to confirm it was still safe beneath its spell dome. Then he glowered at the nearly-empty cauldron, now beginning to smoke, and snatched the fire away from it. “Ridiculous,” he grumbled. “It can [i]not[/i] be this difficult to make strawberry jam.” @Disillusionist Irony of ironies that I would get [i]this[/i] guy on my third refresh!
dragon?age=1&body=177&bodygene=1&breed=8&element=11&eyetype=6&gender=0&tert=87&tertgene=19&winggene=21&wings=116&auth=a43e59e07f301fe12a02972818f764b2c53aeb66&dummyext=prev.png

“Blood on stone. Blood on stone. Warrior triumphant, blood on stone--”

SPLAT.

Genghis waited until the worst of the hot fluid had run down into his beard, then opened his eyes cautiously, hearing the furious sizzle as the flames caught the drips from his brow. The stench of burning wreathed his head, making him cough. He surveyed the mess in front of him, noting the gouts of crimson splashed across the stone table, the floor, the rough surface of the wall. Almost absently, his long tongue slicked out and began cleaning the hot sticky drips off of his cheeks and whiskers.

“Well that wasn’t supposed to happen,” he rasped to himself. He’d gotten used to the sound of his own voice, it being the only one he heard these days. With an impatient wave of his wing he dispelled the worst of the smoke, and leaned toward the battered, grimy book to confirm it was still safe beneath its spell dome. Then he glowered at the nearly-empty cauldron, now beginning to smoke, and snatched the fire away from it.

“Ridiculous,” he grumbled. “It can not be this difficult to make strawberry jam.”

@Disillusionist Irony of ironies that I would get this guy on my third refresh!
riVr93C.png
@tygertyger Are you insinuating I can't work pure and unadulterated edge into anything I write? [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=110&bodygene=11&breed=11&element=10&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=165&tertgene=10&winggene=18&wings=94&auth=5db15f764553b87d81f7cdf0eb470d5163a035f4&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Above all, Defol was practical. Pragmatic, cunning; a survivor. Cast out of his clan at a young age, he learned to adapt--learned to turn his lack of healthy green hues and growth magic into a strength rather than a weakness. Turned leaf litter and beetle-infested trees into home and sanctuary. He shook off words like [i]weak[/i] and [i]sickly[/i] and replaced them with the silence of decay. If his family didn't want him, so be it. Who needed a meadow when there was an entire untouched wasteland at his disposal? He would find solace and power in the unwanted. He would turn dismissal into deference. If they so thought of him as nothing, then he would be the nothing that encompassed everything. Defol knew, maybe better than most: You cannot have creation without destruction, and he would teach everyone just how creative he could be.
@tygertyger Are you insinuating I can't work pure and unadulterated edge into anything I write?

dragon?age=1&body=110&bodygene=11&breed=11&element=10&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=165&tertgene=10&winggene=18&wings=94&auth=5db15f764553b87d81f7cdf0eb470d5163a035f4&dummyext=prev.png

Above all, Defol was practical. Pragmatic, cunning; a survivor. Cast out of his clan at a young age, he learned to adapt--learned to turn his lack of healthy green hues and growth magic into a strength rather than a weakness. Turned leaf litter and beetle-infested trees into home and sanctuary.

He shook off words like weak and sickly and replaced them with the silence of decay. If his family didn't want him, so be it. Who needed a meadow when there was an entire untouched wasteland at his disposal? He would find solace and power in the unwanted. He would turn dismissal into deference.

If they so thought of him as nothing, then he would be the nothing that encompassed everything. Defol knew, maybe better than most: You cannot have creation without destruction, and he would teach everyone just how creative he could be.
tumblr_ooe4bhgFak1rn4glto1_r1_500.png
1 2 3 4