Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Scrying Workshop Lore Game
1 2 3 4
Anyone willing to give this game a try? I'm always interested to see!
Anyone willing to give this game a try? I'm always interested to see!
4358.png

Sara
Scrying Workshop Lore Writing Game
@Vihaffle ping myself so I can try later!
@Vihaffle ping myself so I can try later!
Okay, I refreshed 5 times bc the dergs that came up weren't..inspiring? But like...WOW This one is BEAUTIFUL [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=26&bodygene=21&breed=8&element=7&eyetype=4&gender=0&tert=10&tertgene=24&winggene=24&wings=29&auth=72b9bbc5813dd019316db343057dc4cc5fe6230e&dummyext=prev.png[/img] There is a legend, spoken in hushed voices and shaky whispers in taverns. Dragons who claim their Captain survived a ship sinking or even those who swear to their deity that what they saw was real. Dragons found washed ashore, drowned to death, and ships floating endlessly across the sea with no passengers in sight. So many stories, yet one always sticks with the legend. [i]"Avoid the fog"[/i]. Avoid the fog. Fog is uncommon in the open ocean, so when it began to settle around your ship your crew became uneasy. Still, you sailed onward. They say if you are trapped in the fog, to stay still and pray, for maybe the Tidelord will use the waters to guide you to safety. Many of your crew prayed, even burning offerings, but the offerings stopped when rations began to run low. The fog had thrown off your Sailsmaster, and you were hopelessly lost. In desperation, the Sailsmaster flew off to find land or an end to the fog. There wasn't even a scream. He was never seen again. Tensions raised, and the constant prayer to the Tidelord was unsettling. The fog was never-ending. When it finally happened, you still refused to listen to the legend. When something tore a hole in the side of your ship, you didn't think of the warnings. When your ship was halfway sunk into the watery abyss, the water rippling in a circle around it, you relented and called out for the Tidelord. Called out for his aide. But as your scales felt the water slip over them, and an open mouth appeared from the ocean to swallow you, you remembered there wasn't a Tidelord to save you anyway. ( I tried [emoji=guardian sad size=1] )( He's a sea monster!!!)
Okay, I refreshed 5 times bc the dergs that came up weren't..inspiring? But like...WOW This one is BEAUTIFUL

dragon?age=1&body=26&bodygene=21&breed=8&element=7&eyetype=4&gender=0&tert=10&tertgene=24&winggene=24&wings=29&auth=72b9bbc5813dd019316db343057dc4cc5fe6230e&dummyext=prev.png

There is a legend, spoken in hushed voices and shaky whispers in taverns. Dragons who claim their Captain survived a ship sinking or even those who swear to their deity that what they saw was real. Dragons found washed ashore, drowned to death, and ships floating endlessly across the sea with no passengers in sight. So many stories, yet one always sticks with the legend. "Avoid the fog".

Avoid the fog. Fog is uncommon in the open ocean, so when it began to settle around your ship your crew became uneasy. Still, you sailed onward. They say if you are trapped in the fog, to stay still and pray, for maybe the Tidelord will use the waters to guide you to safety. Many of your crew prayed, even burning offerings, but the offerings stopped when rations began to run low. The fog had thrown off your Sailsmaster, and you were hopelessly lost. In desperation, the Sailsmaster flew off to find land or an end to the fog. There wasn't even a scream. He was never seen again.

Tensions raised, and the constant prayer to the Tidelord was unsettling. The fog was never-ending.

When it finally happened, you still refused to listen to the legend. When something tore a hole in the side of your ship, you didn't think of the warnings. When your ship was halfway sunk into the watery abyss, the water rippling in a circle around it, you relented and called out for the Tidelord. Called out for his aide.

But as your scales felt the water slip over them, and an open mouth appeared from the ocean to swallow you, you remembered there wasn't a Tidelord to save you anyway.

( I tried )( He's a sea monster!!!)
0DJvxSf.pngtn0RSo5.pngg58EnI6.pngeswSnrS.pngMUYNhfy.pngePOliyb.png
m59NfS2.png
So I lucked out with my scry. [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=98&bodygene=12&breed=10&element=10&eyetype=10&gender=1&tert=1&tertgene=14&winggene=15&wings=137&auth=2501521278402ba8befe0c171df2d8787abed301&dummyext=prev.png[/img] The ruins of Eleusis are overrun with ivy and grapevines. Eleusis was once a prosperous city and a bustling trade hub, the crown jewel of a kingdom. Then one sudden day, it collapsed, and few escaped the city to tell its story. The few survivors passed down whispers of a crowd pushing and jostling each other to see the palace grounds, in the middle of which stood a proud foreigner carrying a wormwood staff and crowned in ivy. She claimed to be a local goddess, and had come to claim her due respect. She offered a vine as proof of her divinity. The vine bore tiny purple fruits all in bunches, the first grapes, as they'd later be known, and the crowd marveled. It is all I am able to offer, she said, as my other abilities will bring the crowd to ruin. But the king scoffed and turned her away. A measly vine with foreign fruit is no proof of divinity. Until she was able to offer proof, she was a fraud in his eyes, and no subject of his was to worship her. The foreigner rose, bristling, fire in her eyes. "If it's proof you desire, then I'll show you proof!" She tapped her staff on the ground, and the king's wife and guard started convulsing. Suddenly, they stopped. Then, they launched themselves at the king, and tore him apart right in front of the crowd. The queen mounted his head on a spear and the rest of the crowd fell into chaos, singing and shouting and falling into parade behind the queen with jerky dancing. Accounts vary on whether the revelers danced themselves to exhaustion or came to their senses and sent themselves into exile, horrified at what they'd done, or even whether they'd eventually torn each other apart. Any which way, they all say that the goddess stood at the center, laughing. She was a goddess of nature, yes- but also of madness. Few have dared to tread on Eleusian soil ever since, save for rumours of a local cult that makes the trip every year to engage in ritualistic revelry. Of the few who do make the journey, almost all have disappeared. The fewer still that return say that Eleusis is haunted by an unnatural calm, broken up at night by wild screams and the sound of falling footsteps, and then one night, dark figures racing around them like rabid animals, baying for blood. But the worst part is the nightmares, long after they leave Eleusian grounds, being tangled up in ivy and torn apart by dancers, and the only sound they can hear is crazed laughter echoing from the palace. (I started writing this, then got very tired, so I'm sorry about the quality towards the end. But yes, this girl reminded me of Orphic Dionysus and Dionysus as described by Euripides, so I had to base it off that)
So I lucked out with my scry.
dragon?age=1&body=98&bodygene=12&breed=10&element=10&eyetype=10&gender=1&tert=1&tertgene=14&winggene=15&wings=137&auth=2501521278402ba8befe0c171df2d8787abed301&dummyext=prev.png

The ruins of Eleusis are overrun with ivy and grapevines. Eleusis was once a prosperous city and a bustling trade hub, the crown jewel of a kingdom. Then one sudden day, it collapsed, and few escaped the city to tell its story.

The few survivors passed down whispers of a crowd pushing and jostling each other to see the palace grounds, in the middle of which stood a proud foreigner carrying a wormwood staff and crowned in ivy. She claimed to be a local goddess, and had come to claim her due respect. She offered a vine as proof of her divinity. The vine bore tiny purple fruits all in bunches, the first grapes, as they'd later be known, and the crowd marveled. It is all I am able to offer, she said, as my other abilities will bring the crowd to ruin. But the king scoffed and turned her away. A measly vine with foreign fruit is no proof of divinity. Until she was able to offer proof, she was a fraud in his eyes, and no subject of his was to worship her.

The foreigner rose, bristling, fire in her eyes. "If it's proof you desire, then I'll show you proof!" She tapped her staff on the ground, and the king's wife and guard started convulsing. Suddenly, they stopped. Then, they launched themselves at the king, and tore him apart right in front of the crowd. The queen mounted his head on a spear and the rest of the crowd fell into chaos, singing and shouting and falling into parade behind the queen with jerky dancing. Accounts vary on whether the revelers danced themselves to exhaustion or came to their senses and sent themselves into exile, horrified at what they'd done, or even whether they'd eventually torn each other apart. Any which way, they all say that the goddess stood at the center, laughing. She was a goddess of nature, yes- but also of madness.

Few have dared to tread on Eleusian soil ever since, save for rumours of a local cult that makes the trip every year to engage in ritualistic revelry. Of the few who do make the journey, almost all have disappeared. The fewer still that return say that Eleusis is haunted by an unnatural calm, broken up at night by wild screams and the sound of falling footsteps, and then one night, dark figures racing around them like rabid animals, baying for blood. But the worst part is the nightmares, long after they leave Eleusian grounds, being tangled up in ivy and torn apart by dancers, and the only sound they can hear is crazed laughter echoing from the palace.

(I started writing this, then got very tired, so I'm sorry about the quality towards the end. But yes, this girl reminded me of Orphic Dionysus and Dionysus as described by Euripides, so I had to base it off that)
Z3Lt3uB.png
Since we're all locked in rn, anyone wants to give this a try?
Since we're all locked in rn, anyone wants to give this a try?
4358.png

Sara
[center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=70&bodygene=45&breed=18&element=5&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=149&tertgene=50&winggene=44&wings=12&auth=9b90ad8aae79a0c767b467c0dea5d0784854b459&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [size=1]oilslick/shadow/turquoise[/center] "You should really be more careful with that, you know," Mili kicked another discarded battery. "There might still be some charge in those things." Mili ignored her, and Eva looked at her friend with a worried look on her face. The two were scavenging through a half-built facility: it was supposed to work as a back-up generator in case something went wrong at The Lightning Farm, but it was abandoned partway through for one reason or another (Mili personally suspected they ran out of funds). The two had heard from some dragons living in the area that the generator itself was already there, albeit in parts. If they could find them, they could probably be sold for a good price, which would make Eva stop worrying about their budget for at least a little while. "What? Are you scared or something? They don't call me '[i]The Lightning Rod[/i]' for no reason, Eve, I can handle a little shock. Shade and Stars, you're such a worrywart." Mili sighed. Eva didn't seem to be calmed by her friend's words, in fact, she only looked more worried. "But I'll give you something, this place is really creepy. It's just... empty. Makes you wonder why they didn't start breaking it down once the construction got cancelled. Maybe it's haunted or something?" "Haunted?" Eva looked like she was about to faint. It made Mili wonder why she even tagged along on scavenges like these, when she was so afraid and worried of everything. "Come to think of it, didn't we hear some kids going on about some 'Storm' monster? It's probably just some urban legend though, [i]calm down Eve, geez[/i], you know it's a bad idea to put so much stock into playground rumours. Remember what happened when we tried to go to the Hewn City?" That seemed to do the trick, as Eva started to giggle softly. She suddenly stopped though, and simply went "What was that?" "What was what? I didn't hear anything. Are you sure it's not just your imagination?" Eva shook her head. "No, I thought I heard a voice. I'm still hearing something, actually. It's.. getting louder, but I can't quite make it ou- [i]LEAVE[/i] [i]NOW[/i] Mili froze as well. "You mean that voice?" She asked in an unusually silent tone, her normally boisterous voice being reduced to a whisper. "Yes, that was what I he- [i]I SAID LEAVE[/i] The voice was getting louder, and it seemed like every sound was being accompanied by a loud [i]crack[/i], oh so similar to that of thunder, but not quite it. Then, the two saw it. A pair of electric blue eyes, shining from the darkness at the end of the hall. [i]I WARNED YOU[/i], was all Mili could hear before violent cyan struck her vision. [rule] TBH I have no idea where I was going with this, but it's written now so [i]oh well[/i]. Have fun with Eva and Mili, along with the unnamed scry dragon that barely gets any attention because I got so wrapped up in writing about these two random scavengers.
dragon?age=1&body=70&bodygene=45&breed=18&element=5&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=149&tertgene=50&winggene=44&wings=12&auth=9b90ad8aae79a0c767b467c0dea5d0784854b459&dummyext=prev.png
oilslick/shadow/turquoise
"You should really be more careful with that, you know," Mili kicked another discarded battery. "There might still be some charge in those things." Mili ignored her, and Eva looked at her friend with a worried look on her face. The two were scavenging through a half-built facility: it was supposed to work as a back-up generator in case something went wrong at The Lightning Farm, but it was abandoned partway through for one reason or another (Mili personally suspected they ran out of funds). The two had heard from some dragons living in the area that the generator itself was already there, albeit in parts. If they could find them, they could probably be sold for a good price, which would make Eva stop worrying about their budget for at least a little while.

"What? Are you scared or something? They don't call me 'The Lightning Rod' for no reason, Eve, I can handle a little shock. Shade and Stars, you're such a worrywart." Mili sighed. Eva didn't seem to be calmed by her friend's words, in fact, she only looked more worried. "But I'll give you something, this place is really creepy. It's just... empty. Makes you wonder why they didn't start breaking it down once the construction got cancelled. Maybe it's haunted or something?" "Haunted?" Eva looked like she was about to faint. It made Mili wonder why she even tagged along on scavenges like these, when she was so afraid and worried of everything. "Come to think of it, didn't we hear some kids going on about some 'Storm' monster? It's probably just some urban legend though, calm down Eve, geez, you know it's a bad idea to put so much stock into playground rumours. Remember what happened when we tried to go to the Hewn City?"

That seemed to do the trick, as Eva started to giggle softly. She suddenly stopped though, and simply went "What was that?"
"What was what? I didn't hear anything. Are you sure it's not just your imagination?" Eva shook her head. "No, I thought I heard a voice. I'm still hearing something, actually. It's.. getting louder, but I can't quite make it ou- LEAVE
NOW
Mili froze as well. "You mean that voice?" She asked in an unusually silent tone, her normally boisterous voice being reduced to a whisper.
"Yes, that was what I he- I SAID LEAVE
The voice was getting louder, and it seemed like every sound was being accompanied by a loud crack, oh so similar to that of thunder, but not quite it. Then, the two saw it. A pair of electric blue eyes, shining from the darkness at the end of the hall. I WARNED YOU, was all Mili could hear before violent cyan struck her vision.

TBH I have no idea where I was going with this, but it's written now so oh well. Have fun with Eva and Mili, along with the unnamed scry dragon that barely gets any attention because I got so wrapped up in writing about these two random scavengers.
23839.png probablynx #310083
• she/her • fr +9 •
{avatar}
[columns][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=117&bodygene=42&breed=11&element=8&eyetype=8&gender=0&tert=88&tertgene=11&winggene=24&wings=94&auth=4d12e298b232eadaec4edc5ddde7dd7c31c336c8&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [center][size=1]Cerulean Fade | Copper Noxtide | Hickory Thylacine[/size][/center][nextcol][size=5][i]N[/i]oxtide[/size] [size=3]Mutations are expected when one finds themselves being born in a radioactive environment. As such, Noxtide is different. Child of the Night and of the Light, he is a creature of contradictions. Forced to live in a body that does not age, he grows old alone, in an hostile part of the world, wishing only to meet someone to befriend. However, this would be difficult as radiations irradiate from his scales, making him a dangerous friend to have. [/size] [/columns]
dragon?age=0&body=117&bodygene=42&breed=11&element=8&eyetype=8&gender=0&tert=88&tertgene=11&winggene=24&wings=94&auth=4d12e298b232eadaec4edc5ddde7dd7c31c336c8&dummyext=prev.png
Cerulean Fade | Copper Noxtide | Hickory Thylacine
Noxtide
Mutations are expected when one finds themselves being born in a radioactive environment. As such, Noxtide is different. Child of the Night and of the Light, he is a creature of contradictions. Forced to live in a body that does not age, he grows old alone, in an hostile part of the world, wishing only to meet someone to befriend. However, this would be difficult as radiations irradiate from his scales, making him a dangerous friend to have.
4358.png

Sara
1 2 3 4