Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | The Compendium [Open Project]
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 13 14
@Keelhaul
I was wondering if I would be able to link to an external source in some of my posts? You inspired me to make my own Compendium type thing for like ghosts and stuff and some of them are linked to the item I've made. It's grand if I can't but I just wanted to check
@Keelhaul
I was wondering if I would be able to link to an external source in some of my posts? You inspired me to make my own Compendium type thing for like ghosts and stuff and some of them are linked to the item I've made. It's grand if I can't but I just wanted to check
tumblr_ovep441MEO1wt9849o1_100.pngtumblr_ovjx5l75nB1wt9849o1_100.pngtumblr_ovjx5l75nB1wt9849o2_100.pngtumblr_ovjx5l75nB1wt9849o3_100.pngtumblr_ovjx5l75nB1wt9849o4_100.pngtumblr_p0tg4rcq7d1wt9849o1_100.pngtumblr_p5ykp4Beln1wt9849o1_100.pngtumblr_p5ykp4Beln1wt9849o2_100.pngtumblr_p5ykp4Beln1wt9849o3_100.pngtumblr_p5ykp4Beln1wt9849o4_100.pngtumblr_p5ykp4Beln1wt9849o5_100.pngtumblr_ovep441MEO1wt9849o2_100.png
@deepfallsden sure, no problem!
@deepfallsden sure, no problem!
Clan Lore
[font=times new roman][size=6][i]Sparkling Tear's Bow[/size] By Sciencemonkey[/i] [columns][item=sparkling wasp] [item=crystalplate wasp] [item=glowbug] [nextcol][item=archer's quiver] [nextcol][item=emerald striker] [item=onyx cobra] [item=amethyst striker][nextcol][font=times new roman][b]Information[/b] [color=purple]This bow can apply [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2601819/2#post_37584634]Opaline Tears[/url] to its arrows automatically, and the bow never seems to run out. Unlike the Tears however, it can retain its potency for an extremely long time.[/columns] [font=times new roman][color=purple]Take the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2601819/2#post_37584634]Opaline Tears[/url] and infuse with the cobras and insects above. Then, coat the string of the bow with the mixture and enchant with ice, water, and shadow magics. [color=maroon] Note: Different gemstones within the Tears may cause some odd, and destructive side effects, or may increase an opponent's capabilities. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2601819/1#post_2601819]Back to the Index[/url]
Sparkling Tear's Bow
By Sciencemonkey
Sparkling Wasp
Crystalplate Wasp
Glowbug
Archer's Quiver Emerald Striker
Onyx Cobra
Amethyst Striker
Information
This bow can apply Opaline Tears to its arrows automatically, and the bow never seems to run out. Unlike the Tears however, it can retain its potency for an extremely long time.
Take the Opaline Tears and infuse with the cobras and insects above. Then, coat the string of the bow with the mixture and enchant with ice, water, and shadow magics. Note: Different gemstones within the Tears may cause some odd, and destructive side effects, or may increase an opponent's capabilities.
Back to the Index
Lore Clan, FR+2, She/her
Science.png
[font=times new roman][size=6][i]Veil of the Banshee[/size] By Keelhaul[/i] [columns][item=Ghostly kelpie mane] [item=Black tulip flowerfall] [item=Black swan] [nextcol][item=Butcher's Fig] [item=onyx seraph headpiece] [item=Moonglow foxtail][nextcol][font=times new roman][b]Information[/b] Banshees are the undead remains of once-beautiful dragons who sought to sow chaos and jealousy. They tend to dwell in forgotten ruins that, like them, were once glorious but have now been forsaken. They are infamous for their legendary wail, which is capable of killing smaller dragons and stunning larger ones. Banshees can be created only by either divine intervention or by use of a Veil of the Banshee. Veils of the Banshee are used in an unholy ritual to turn a dragon into a banshee. The ritual has long been forgotten by all but the most powerful necromancers, and the process is only undertaken by the most twisted of dragons. There are rumored to be only five in existence. Designs vary among the veils, but most of them feature ghostly fabric stained red at the edges, as well as delicate black filigree and elegant swan feathers. The wearer of a Veil of a Banshee always has their face completely obscured, and often they leave trails of soft black rose petals in their wake. However, a Veil of a Banshee carries a terrible curse to all who would seek to don one without the sufficient blood sacrifice. The fabric clings tightly to the face and mouth of an unworthy wearer, eventually suffocating them.[/columns] [font=times new roman]Veils of the Banshee must be woven either from the mane of an undead kelpie or from the tail of an ethereal trickster. Both materials result in a light, eeriely rippling fabric that seems to be barely solid. The weaving must all be done at night, for if the fabric is exposed to sunlight for even a minute, it disintegrates into dust and is ruined. The process is long and takes several months to complete. For extra potency, stain the edges of the veil with either blood or the juice from a butcher’s fig. The blood increases the probability of the veil working, but fig juice works almost as well. Attach the fabric to a headpiece of metal (it cannot be iron or else it will not work). At this point, the veil is ready to use, but still carries a high chance of failing the process needed to actually turn a dragon into a banshee. There are extra materials that increase the chances of success. The feather from a black swan hatched under a blood moon, while rare, almost completely guarantees the success of the ritual. Black swans can be found in lakes in shadow territory, however feathers from blood-moon-born swans sometimes surface on the black market. Staining the fabric with ichor harvested from an ichor nymph guarantees a 50/50 chance of success, while ichor harvested from the Shadowbinder herself is extremely powerful. However, using ichor runs the risk of displeasing the Shadowbinder, and may bring extra curses upon the creator or wearer of the veil. You are advised to use this recipe with extreme caution. The process used to create or use a Veil of the Banshee is considered unholy and extremely taboo in most communities, and the risk of mishap is extremely high. Proceed with caution. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2601819/1#post_2601819]Back to the Index[/url]
Veil of the Banshee
By Keelhaul
Ghostly Kelpie Mane
Black Tulip Flowerfall
Black Swan
Butcher's Fig
Onyx Seraph Headpiece
Moonglow Foxtail
Information
Banshees are the undead remains of once-beautiful dragons who sought to sow chaos and jealousy. They tend to dwell in forgotten ruins that, like them, were once glorious but have now been forsaken. They are infamous for their legendary wail, which is capable of killing smaller dragons and stunning larger ones. Banshees can be created only by either divine intervention or by use of a Veil of the Banshee.
Veils of the Banshee are used in an unholy ritual to turn a dragon into a banshee. The ritual has long been forgotten by all but the most powerful necromancers, and the process is only undertaken by the most twisted of dragons. There are rumored to be only five in existence.
Designs vary among the veils, but most of them feature ghostly fabric stained red at the edges, as well as delicate black filigree and elegant swan feathers. The wearer of a Veil of a Banshee always has their face completely obscured, and often they leave trails of soft black rose petals in their wake.
However, a Veil of a Banshee carries a terrible curse to all who would seek to don one without the sufficient blood sacrifice. The fabric clings tightly to the face and mouth of an unworthy wearer, eventually suffocating them.
Veils of the Banshee must be woven either from the mane of an undead kelpie or from the tail of an ethereal trickster. Both materials result in a light, eeriely rippling fabric that seems to be barely solid. The weaving must all be done at night, for if the fabric is exposed to sunlight for even a minute, it disintegrates into dust and is ruined. The process is long and takes several months to complete. For extra potency, stain the edges of the veil with either blood or the juice from a butcher’s fig. The blood increases the probability of the veil working, but fig juice works almost as well.
Attach the fabric to a headpiece of metal (it cannot be iron or else it will not work). At this point, the veil is ready to use, but still carries a high chance of failing the process needed to actually turn a dragon into a banshee. There are extra materials that increase the chances of success.
The feather from a black swan hatched under a blood moon, while rare, almost completely guarantees the success of the ritual. Black swans can be found in lakes in shadow territory, however feathers from blood-moon-born swans sometimes surface on the black market.
Staining the fabric with ichor harvested from an ichor nymph guarantees a 50/50 chance of success, while ichor harvested from the Shadowbinder herself is extremely powerful. However, using ichor runs the risk of displeasing the Shadowbinder, and may bring extra curses upon the creator or wearer of the veil.
You are advised to use this recipe with extreme caution. The process used to create or use a Veil of the Banshee is considered unholy and extremely taboo in most communities, and the risk of mishap is extremely high. Proceed with caution.

Back to the Index
Clan Lore
[font=times new roman][size=6][i]Familiar Spirit Keeper[/size] By Oreolanta[/i] [columns][item=Copper Amulet of Transmutation] [item=Moonglow thorns] [item=cumulus mane] [nextcol][item=vial of river muck] [item=onyx] [item=rosetail][nextcol][font=times new roman][b]Information[/b] These amulets are worn by anyone, you won't be able to tell the difference between a normal amulet and the familiar spirit. The familiar spirit amulet carries the spirit of a familiar inside it, the familiar's spirit could be placed in the amulet just by saying the trigger word you thought of, and released the same way. Only inquisitive and higher familiars can be placed in the amulet. If the amulet is broken, the familiar is released automatically.[/columns] [font=times new roman]Mix the River Muck with the Cumulus Mane, mix it while adding in water. Leave the liquid in a container. Crash The Moonglow thorns and onyx together and put the results in a cup. Now put the crashed objects in the liquid and mix it for about an hour. Add in water if the mixture is getting bulky. Now take any kind of amulet, pendant or necklace and dip it in the liquid. While the object is still in the liquid pronounce the trigger word clearly and loudly. Take out the object and it is ready to be used. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2601819/1#post_2601819]Back to the Index[/url]
Familiar Spirit Keeper
By Oreolanta
Copper Amulet of Transmutation Moonglow Thorns Cumulus Mane Vial of River Muck Onyx Rosetail Information
These amulets are worn by anyone, you won't be able to tell the difference between a normal amulet and the familiar spirit. The familiar spirit amulet carries the spirit of a familiar inside it, the familiar's spirit could be placed in the amulet just by saying the trigger word you thought of, and released the same way. Only inquisitive and higher familiars can be placed in the amulet. If the amulet is broken, the familiar is released automatically.
Mix the River Muck with the Cumulus Mane, mix it while adding in water. Leave the liquid in a container. Crash The Moonglow thorns and onyx together and put the results in a cup. Now put the crashed objects in the liquid and mix it for about an hour. Add in water if the mixture is getting bulky. Now take any kind of amulet, pendant or necklace and dip it in the liquid. While the object is still in the liquid pronounce the trigger word clearly and loudly. Take out the object and it is ready to be used.
Back to the Index
a4c78f3334cb95c4fc6eac8df982625406bc556fr1-100-100_hq.gif2woxT3x.png
[font=times new roman][size=6][i]Ember Scales Armour[/size] By Orelanta[/i] [columns][item=snakeskin] [item=Flamerest Embers] [item=dragonhorn coral] [nextcol][item=Extinguished Jackalope Pelt] [item=Firestarter] [item=dried lilium petals][nextcol][font=times new roman][b]Information[/b] The armour is used for battles and protection against enemies. The flaming hot scale armour would burn anyone or anything that touches it. The pelt of an Extinguished Jackalope is used to not burn the owner. [/columns] [font=times new roman]Crush the dragon horn coral, the embers and the dried petals together in a bowl. Drop a Firestarter in the bowl and quickly cover it with the pelt. Leave it to burn for 10 minutes and take away the pelt, you will need it to make the armour. Do not touch the ashes and remains of the rocks and corals yet. Now take for scales or an already finished scale armour, if your armour is not finished then take the Jackalope pelt and put the scales on top of it, any material can be used to attach them together. Now take the ashes and remains and rub them on the scales. Leave the armour in the sun for 4 hours and now all you need is Firestarter to use it. The flaming effect will last for 12 hours, after that, the Firestarter has to be applied again. If any accessories are needed, make sure that they are made of Jackalope pelt or do not touch the armour, be very careful when removing the armour. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2601819/1#post_2601819]Back to the Index[/url]
Ember Scales Armour
By Orelanta
Snakeskin Flamerest Embers Dragonhorn Coral Extinguished Jackalope Pelt Firestarter Dried Lilium Petals Information
The armour is used for battles and protection against enemies. The flaming hot scale armour would burn anyone or anything that touches it. The pelt of an Extinguished Jackalope is used to not burn the owner.
Crush the dragon horn coral, the embers and the dried petals together in a bowl. Drop a Firestarter in the bowl and quickly cover it with the pelt. Leave it to burn for 10 minutes and take away the pelt, you will need it to make the armour. Do not touch the ashes and remains of the rocks and corals yet. Now take for scales or an already finished scale armour, if your armour is not finished then take the Jackalope pelt and put the scales on top of it, any material can be used to attach them together. Now take the ashes and remains and rub them on the scales. Leave the armour in the sun for 4 hours and now all you need is Firestarter to use it. The flaming effect will last for 12 hours, after that, the Firestarter has to be applied again. If any accessories are needed, make sure that they are made of Jackalope pelt or do not touch the armour, be very careful when removing the armour.
Back to the Index
[font=times new roman][size=6][i]Paint of the Ctenophora[/size] By Keelhaul[/i] [columns][item=Imbued sulfur] [item=Squirming tentacle] [item=Deepsea yawner] [nextcol][item=Glow mushroom] [item=Lume daffodil] [item=Mimic powder][nextcol][font=times new roman][b]Information[/b] The Paint of the Ctenophora is a variant of Abyssal Warpaint that has been developed more recently by water clans. Unlike Abyssal Warpaint, the Paint of Ctenophora was meant for display and intimidation, rather than ritual use in war. Ctenophora are round jellyfish that live in the deepest parts of the ocean and are known for their brilliant displays of bioluminescent light. Paint of the Ctenophora is used by dancers and acrobats to enhance their performance, painting graceful patterns on the undersides of their wings and along their spines. The paint shifts through a spectrum of brilliant, vivid colors as the wearer moves. The primary difference between the traditional Abyssal Warpaint and the Paint of the Ctenophora is the infused fragment, which lets the paint immediately set without the usual ten-minute waiting period. [/columns] [font=times new roman]PLACE PROCEDURE HERE [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2601819/1#post_2601819]Back to the Index[/url]
Paint of the Ctenophora
By Keelhaul
Imbued Sulfur
Squirming Tentacle
Deepsea Yawner
Glow Mushroom
Lume Daffodil
Mimic Powder
Information
The Paint of the Ctenophora is a variant of Abyssal Warpaint that has been developed more recently by water clans. Unlike Abyssal Warpaint, the Paint of Ctenophora was meant for display and intimidation, rather than ritual use in war.
Ctenophora are round jellyfish that live in the deepest parts of the ocean and are known for their brilliant displays of bioluminescent light.
Paint of the Ctenophora is used by dancers and acrobats to enhance their performance, painting graceful patterns on the undersides of their wings and along their spines. The paint shifts through a spectrum of brilliant, vivid colors as the wearer moves.
The primary difference between the traditional Abyssal Warpaint and the Paint of the Ctenophora is the infused fragment, which lets the paint immediately set without the usual ten-minute waiting period.
PLACE PROCEDURE HERE
Back to the Index
Clan Lore
[font=times new roman][size=6][i]Unfading Powder[/size] By Oreolanta[/i] [columns][item=scarlet flycatcher wing] [item=staghorn coral] [item=Cerdae sparkle] [nextcol][item=ashen lightning glass] [item=bluestreaked shell] [item=Diaphanous Wing][nextcol][font=times new roman][b]Information[/b] This powder is used to restore old books, specifically, the faded writing. Just apply the powder and wait as the text starts to unfade.[/columns] [font=times new roman]Crash or shatter the ashen lightning glass, mix in the crushed shell and the crushed staghorn coral. Mix them with the Cerdae sparkle. Carefully crush the flycatcher and diaphanous wings without using any instruments. Mix everything and crash more if needed. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2601819/1#post_2601819]Back to the Index[/url]
Unfading Powder
By Oreolanta
Scarlet Flycatcher Wing Staghorn Coral Cerdae Sparkle Ashen Lightning Glass Bluestreaked Shell Diaphanous Wing Information
This powder is used to restore old books, specifically, the faded writing. Just apply the powder and wait as the text starts to unfade.
Crash or shatter the ashen lightning glass, mix in the crushed shell and the crushed staghorn coral. Mix them with the Cerdae sparkle. Carefully crush the flycatcher and diaphanous wings without using any instruments. Mix everything and crash more if needed.
Back to the Index
[font=times new roman][size=6][i]Phoenix Parchment[/size] By Kyrila[/i] [columns][item=tattered parchment] [item=Empty Inkwell] [nextcol][item=mimic powder] [item=intact parchment] [nextcol][font=times new roman][b]Information[/b] For books or paper catastrophically damaged in fire, this spell can transfer what used to be on the burned parchment onto new, fresh paper. However, there is a limitation: this spell works only on a natural fire. Damage done by magic-borne flames will not be affected.[/columns] [font=times new roman]Fill a bowl with a bottle-full of ink, and heat over a natural flame until it boils. Then, pour in mimic powder mixed with the ashes of the ruined paper. Allow to simmer, stirring in the meantime. When no lumps remain, allow mixture to cool before pouring it over the new intact parchment. Leave in a dark place to dry for up to an hour. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2601819/1#post_2601819]Back to the Index[/url]
Phoenix Parchment
By Kyrila
Tattered Parchment
Empty Inkwell
Mimic Powder
Intact Parchment
Information
For books or paper catastrophically damaged in fire, this spell can transfer what used to be on the burned parchment onto new, fresh paper. However, there is a limitation: this spell works only on a natural fire. Damage done by magic-borne flames will not be affected.
Fill a bowl with a bottle-full of ink, and heat over a natural flame until it boils. Then, pour in mimic powder mixed with the ashes of the ruined paper. Allow to simmer, stirring in the meantime.
When no lumps remain, allow mixture to cool before pouring it over the new intact parchment. Leave in a dark place to dry for up to an hour.

Back to the Index
8mIb4Hl.gif
@Keelhaul I made a thing... [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2601819/1][img]https://i.imgur.com/qcnlPnO.png[/img][/url] Here is the code if you want to use it? [code][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2601819/1][img]https://i.imgur.com/qcnlPnO.png[/img][/url][/code]
@Keelhaul
I made a thing...
qcnlPnO.png
Here is the code if you want to use it?
Code:
[url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2601819/1][img]https://i.imgur.com/qcnlPnO.png[/img][/url]
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 13 14